Home | Community | Message Board

MRCA Tyroler Gluckspilze
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Offlinemarmarlun
!
 User Gallery

(Poll - starcraft 2 )What league did you spend the majority of the beta in?
    #12928376 - 07/21/10 05:14 AM (11 years, 6 months ago)

discuss. I find sc2 much easier than sc1 - which it technically is. But that suits me just fine - I enjoy it more! Playing broodwar competitively is much harder, but it gave me a good base, consistently being in the top 10 of my division
What league did you spend the beta in?
You may choose only one
bronze
silver
gold
platinum
diamond

Votes accepted from (07/21/10 05:09 AM) to (No end specified)
You must vote before you can view the results of this poll

Extras: Filter Print Post Remind Me! Notify Moderator Top
OfflineVisionaryFlicker
Querulant
Male User Gallery

Loc: Amsterdam Flag
Re: (Poll - starcraft 2 )What league did you spend the majority of the beta in? [Re: marmarlun]
    #12928383 - 07/21/10 05:25 AM (11 years, 6 months ago)

haha, nerd.

--------------------
l'enfer c'est les autres

Offlinecole2684
Gamer
Male

Re: (Poll - starcraft 2 )What league did you spend the majority of the beta in? [Re: VisionaryFlicker]
    #12928908 - 07/21/10 10:29 AM (11 years, 6 months ago)

I was in gold for like half of beta but then spent most of my time in silver when I started letting friends play the account :smile:  SC2 is so much fun but damn its competitive.

--------------------
---------------------------------------------
I'm a man who really enjoys his taffy.
---------------------------------------------

OfflineHeffy
BrauMeister
 User Gallery

Loc: International Traveller
Re: (Poll - starcraft 2 )What league did you spend the majority of the beta in? [Re: cole2684]
    #12929490 - 07/21/10 01:01 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

I was in bronze at first, but made it into silver.

2 placement matches is not really enough. During phase 1 I was in platinum 2vs2 diamond in 3vs3 and bronze in 1vs1.

I can't wait to get the actual game, and familiarize myself with all the units. The learning curve is a bit steep to play online.

Some units I have never used, and truly don't know what they do.

I only realized the other day that the terran raven has a detector. Before that I thought terran were up shits creek when it came to cloaked units.
Never used an archon or an infestor properly either. Just seemed like asking to get cleaned out by a big group of straightforward units.

--------------------
I am the king of Rome, and above grammar! - Emperor Sigismund

OfflineDruggie04
Stranger

Loc: NC
Re: (Poll - starcraft 2 )What league did you spend the majority of the beta in? [Re: Heffy]
    #12933631 - 07/22/10 03:01 AM (11 years, 6 months ago)

I was p1 1v1 and d15 3v3

Could have broken into d 1v1 games, but every day after i got to 1 i stopped playing because i wanted to keep playing against easier opponents =p.

I only played phase 2

Invisibletruekimbo2
Cya later, friends.
Male User Gallery

Loc: ny Flag
Re: (Poll - starcraft 2 )What league did you spend the majority of the beta in? [Re: Druggie04]
    #12946809 - 07/24/10 07:54 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

you guys are fucking insane.  I am by no means stupid or slow when it comes to video games.  I watched replays and read build orders.  Focus fire and dancing units and attacking multiple places at the same time and all that stuff and i couldn't get out of bronze.

you guys are fuckin crazy.

--------------------
You can check the last post in my journal for contact info.

OfflineDruggie04
Stranger

Loc: NC
Re: (Poll - starcraft 2 )What league did you spend the majority of the beta in? [Re: truekimbo2]
    #12951355 - 07/25/10 06:39 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

What holds a lot of people back is being able to macro AND micro at the same time.  Hotkeying all your production facilities so you can keep up economy/army while you harass is a huge deal.  I've seen pleanty of opponents who micro'd their army better than me, but they just didnt expand and reinforce as needed to win the macro game.

Also scouting is HUGE.  Watch what your opponent is building.  Do scans, get observers, sacrafice overlords/lings if needed.  If you know what your opponent has you can build the appropriate counter and win based on that.

I play protoss, and I cant tell you how many games I won with void ray cheese.  If the opponent isnt scouting and/or getting anti-air, its gg.

OfflineNortonStPhallus
Male

Re: (Poll - starcraft 2 )What league did you spend the majority of the beta in? [Re: Druggie04]
    #12954186 - 07/26/10 07:21 AM (11 years, 5 months ago)

top 5 diamond, man im obsessed with this game :rockon:. Truekimbo, at bronze level you really only need to focus on macro, if youre good enough at making large armies quickly, you will be able to get into mid gold without even having to think about micro, and never having to smooth out your build orders too much.

--------------------
:eatingout:

OfflineHeffy
BrauMeister
 User Gallery

Re: (Poll - starcraft 2 )What league did you spend the majority of the beta in? [Re: truekimbo2]
    #12954504 - 07/26/10 10:54 AM (11 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

truekimbo2 said:
you guys are fucking insane.  I am by no means stupid or slow when it comes to video games.  I watched replays and read build orders.  Focus fire and dancing units and attacking multiple places at the same time and all that stuff and i couldn't get out of bronze.

you guys are fuckin crazy.

I've got a pretty solid infantry build that gets me lots of marines/marauders pretty quickly.

It works great in the early game, but I always eat it as soon as someone starts churning out tech. Especially the colossus chews through infantry like nothing.

I find the most important things are not having banked minerals, getting tech quickly and having enough production centers. One of the most useful tools in the replay is the one that tells you what % of your money you and your opponent spent on economy, technology, and military.

Should be able to get into a decent league tomorrow what with all the noobs playing for the first time.

--------------------

OfflineClammyJoe
Azurescen Head
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: PNW
Re: (Poll - starcraft 2 )What league did you spend the majority of the beta in? [Re: marmarlun]
    #12954586 - 07/26/10 11:25 AM (11 years, 5 months ago)

Already wasted enough of my life on the original game. I'll let you new generation of fools spend the next 10 years trying to be the best, only to be humiliated time and time again by koreans.

OfflineNortonStPhallus
Male

Re: (Poll - starcraft 2 )What league did you spend the majority of the beta in? [Re: ClammyJoe]
    #12954605 - 07/26/10 11:29 AM (11 years, 5 months ago)

:feelsbadman:

--------------------
:eatingout:

OfflineHeffy
BrauMeister
 User Gallery

Re: (Poll - starcraft 2 )What league did you spend the majority of the beta in? [Re: NortonStPhallus]
    #12956230 - 07/26/10 05:17 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

Man the anticipation is killing me. I want to play!

--------------------

Invisibletruekimbo2
Cya later, friends.
Male User Gallery

Loc: ny Flag
Re: (Poll - starcraft 2 )What league did you spend the majority of the beta in? [Re: Heffy]
    #12956285 - 07/26/10 05:27 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

i dunno.  i was already pretty bored of SC1, SC2 isn't really different, just better graphics and slightly different units.

they made the zerg pretty fucking cool but still wasn't enough to make me want to play it.

--------------------
You can check the last post in my journal for contact info.

OfflineHeffy
BrauMeister
 User Gallery

#12956757 - 07/26/10 06:53 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

The new campaign looks so cool.

I'm hooked.

--------------------

Offline5HTSynaptrip
Dopamine Enthusiast
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: USA Flag
    #12956919 - 07/26/10 07:20 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

Have today and tomorrow off so I'm going to a midnight opening tonight to get my copy.  Gonna wait in my car and blaze with my buddy until the line dies down then go in.  Figure it'll save me a trip tomorrow and I can play all night.  I'm dying to play the campaigns.

--------------------

Science is a way of thinking much more than it is a body of knowledge. - My hero, who will be forever remembered, Carl Sagan.

Offlinemarmarlun
!
 User Gallery

Re: (Poll - starcraft 2 )What league did you spend the majority of the beta in? [Re: 5HTSynaptrip]
    #12957575 - 07/26/10 09:05 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

I think I might check out a release tonight as well! I can't wait to play the campaign

also - I think I'll make a thread about this later but we should have an sc2 tournament or something like that - who's shroomery's best?!?

OfflineHeffy
BrauMeister
 User Gallery

#12958024 - 07/26/10 10:14 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

Wish I could snag mine at the midnight release. Unfortunately I pre-ordered, so it's already in the mail. Gonna have to wait till tomorrow after work to play.

It's gonna be so sweet though.

Starcraft was the only video game my whole family ever got into. My brother and dad aren't into shooters or anything like I am.

We are each getting a copy so we can 3v3 with people online. I can't wait.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order