Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

North Spore Shop: Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
DVD clips ???
    #1265856 -

I need to get a few 20 second video clips from a DVD (audio and video). and be able to edit them, and save as an AVI or MPEG file for a webpage.
Does anyone know what software I can use to do this?
Thanks in advance.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: DVD clips ??? [Re: Shdwstr]
    #1267036 -

Have a look at  Digital Digest and  Div-X Digest:

You'll need an app to rip/decrypt the DVD if it's a commercial product:
Smart Ripper or similar
Then an app to chop up the video files to the length you need:
Virtual Dub (not bad & it's free)

After that I'd reccommend using a div-x codec to compress the files as much as possible if webspace i going to be an issue.

If you're ripping say a feature film (obviously not to take a 'backup copy...' :wink:), before taken you 20 second segements, bear in mind you'll need up to 8gb of free space to decrypt the disc, plus it's always good to have a nice fast processor & loads of memory.   


--------------------
-->
You don't succeed because you hesitate, you think we're flying but we levitate...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: DVD clips ??? [Re: spleen]
    #1267252 -

I was hoping to be able to just capture the clips rather than rip the whole DVD. my hard drive space is pretty full right now. Guess I'll have to do some ruthless cleanup.

I'll check out the Virtual Dub, and thanks for the links.
Shdwstr

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: DVD clips ??? [Re: Shdwstr]
    #1267287 -

I've just had a look  here, and I reckon you might be able to get way with ripping the individual chapter of the disc you want, as opposed to doing the whole disc. (Smart Ripper is probably the easiest one to use for this)
Can't say it something I've tried as I've only ripped entire titles in the past :wink:  but it would obviously give you a lot less raw video to wade through. 


--------------------
-->
You don't succeed because you hesitate, you think we're flying but we levitate...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: DVD clips ??? [Re: spleen]
    #1267396 -

Thanks spleen. I'll let you know how I make out :smile:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: DVD clips ??? [Re: Shdwstr]
    #1282007 -

My solution was to film the DVD off my flat-panel display monitor with a video camera and tripod. No flicker, and the quality is not too bad. That way I could go through my DVDs and select exactly the clips I wanted without all the ripping hassle.

It all depends what you're using the final media clips for. If you wish to use it for a video that will eventually get distributed over the Internet, this quality would be more than sufficient. But if you're making a video-montage that you want to watch on your widescreen TV, then you better stick with the ripping method.

Hope that is some use to you ... (assuming you have the equipment)

matt

-------------------------
www.elftrance.com

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

North Spore Shop: Cultivation Supplies


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* How should I distribute my CDs? GabbaDj 408 2 11/27/05 05:31 AM
by Middleman
* Windows Media Player - Saving DVD Images - Help! D Joseph 1,192 8 06/05/02 11:20 AM
by Anonymous
* Fantasia "Ave Maria" clip Mark_W 426 2 07/30/07 02:13 PM
by lequebecfume
* Rare VHS and Special Editoon DVD's. Some rare like Fritz the cat by R. Crumb mjshroomer 1,170 2 06/05/07 11:59 AM
by mjshroomer
* In Need of well recommended DVD for the head chicklet21 977 7 11/26/04 10:50 AM
by andjor
* Digital Artwork needed .... Offering SEALED XXX DVDs 4 Trade ... Nenni 741 4 01/27/06 10:27 PM
by fresh313
* Tom Morello, Serj Tankian Releasing Axis Of Justice CD/DVD DigitalDuality 818 1 09/19/04 08:28 PM
by Penguarky Tunguin
* Can I use this Bill Hicks clip? LearyfanS 928 3 10/20/04 11:00 PM
by Jdawg2013

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Middleman, automan, DividedQuantum
819 topic views. 0 members, 2 guests and 1 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.021 seconds spending 0.004 seconds on 14 queries.