Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomMan Mycology
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Original Sensible Seeds Shop: Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds, Feminized Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
How many of you do virtually nothing at your job?
    #12672200 -

I'm in IT and when I first started here years ago, I was busy as hell. Things have slacked off over the years, but I still give the illusion that I'm busy as fuck. I work maybe 15 minutes out of an 8 hour day. The rest is internet-reading, posting, emailing, etc.
Some days I feel paranoid that if they knew how little I work, i'd be gone.
but at the same time, I have hte knowledge to rebuild this place from the ground up if I had to.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: How many of you do virtually nothing at your job? [Re: Anonymous #1]
    #12672232 -

i have to log on on to unemployment for 2 minutes a week so i guess that would qualify as doin nothing

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: How many of you do virtually nothing at your job? [Re: Anonymous #1]
    #12672237 -

Sounds like it could either be mind-bendingly boring or awesome, depending how you choose to use that 7hrs 45 minutes a day haha.  I know i'd devote a couple hours of that to making a bunch more money i.e. ebaying or something like CashCrate.  I'd also likely be twisted on a varying range of drugs, anything I could get away with.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: How many of you do virtually nothing at your job? [Re: Anonymous #3]
    #12672256 -

LOL... Have done both. I do non-profit work for organizations by managing their websites and do marketing for a couple of others. The benefits have been amazing in terms of what I've been offered for free.

And a time or two I have been here a little twisted, but it distracts from my poker face.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: How many of you do virtually nothing at your job? [Re: Anonymous #1]
    #12674910 -

I used to work in a help desk, and at certain times of the year it was painfully slow.  I remember days where I would only take maybe 10 calls in an 8 hour shift, and those calls would only last 2-5 minutes each.  The rest of the time I would be browsing the net and playing flash games.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: How many of you do virtually nothing at your job? [Re: Anonymous #4]
    #12675093 -

I work my ass off. And lazier people may think I'm stupid for it. But no matter how hard my job is, I always feel better at the end of the day if I've worked hard.

It's true, a beer really does taste better after a hard days work. Work hard, party harder.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: How many of you do virtually nothing at your job? [Re: Anonymous #5]
    #12675166 -

not to mention that by working a labor-intensive job, you are basically getting paid to work out.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: How many of you do virtually nothing at your job? [Re: Anonymous #6]
    #12676876 -

Anonymous #6 said:
not to mention that by working a labor-intensive job, you are basically getting paid to work out.



Hoorah brother.
I'm in some of the best shape of my life.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: How many of you do virtually nothing at your job? [Re: Anonymous #5]
    #12678840 -

I work at Initech.
My boss is Bill Lumbergh.

My job fucking sucks.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: How many of you do virtually nothing at your job? [Re: Anonymous #7]
    #12678982 -

i work in a supervised bike rack. i get paid to watch bikes from a big storage room. mostly i do my hw but i've a bunch of shit including; smoke weed, drink, make bows and arrows, throw darts, throw knives, solder circuits, disassemble hella shit, work on bikes, et cetera. a great job.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: How many of you do virtually nothing at your job? [Re: Anonymous #7]
    #12679023 -

Lol.
IT.
600am-630 -- Try not to nod off in my cubie.
630-700 -- Email back clients.
700-900 -- Coffee and NES emulator.
900-1000 -- Server building and desktop reimaging.
1000-1200pm -- More coffee and NES, checking every now and then for errors on builds.
1200-1245 -- Drive into town because I "forgot my lunch."
1245-115 -- Eat.
115-200 -- Drive back to site.
200-330 -- Check to see if builds were done, start a new (smaller) batch.
330-430 -- Google News/NES
430 -- GTFO of dodge.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: How many of you do virtually nothing at your job? [Re: Anonymous #9]
    #12679158 -

I post here. I don't have internet IRL.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: How many of you do virtually nothing at your job? [Re: Anonymous #9]
    #12689002 -

Anonymous #9 said:
Lol.
IT.
600am-630 -- Try not to nod off in my cubie.
630-700 -- Email back clients.
700-900 -- Coffee and NES emulator.
900-1000 -- Server building and desktop reimaging.
1000-1200pm -- More coffee and NES, checking every now and then for errors on builds.
1200-1245 -- Drive into town because I "forgot my lunch."
1245-115 -- Eat.
115-200 -- Drive back to site.
200-330 -- Check to see if builds were done, start a new (smaller) batch.
330-430 -- Google News/NES
430 -- GTFO of dodge.



I lol'd twice!

I work in "IS" for a freight company.  Very technical support position involving around a dozen, in-house-designed apps, (platformed from cobol to java), a highly convoluted network infrastructure and multiple databases that get more difficult to work with all the time.  It's hard as shit and we have verifiable metrics to measure performance, which is a lot of bullshit as well.  I seriously have to do new shit pretty much every day and I feel like I'm doing the work of probably three people and I'm slaved to a desk.

That said, I make an effort to slack for at least an hour a day and sometimes a lot more, including but not limited to google/yahoo news/email, developing musical ideas and things to try in the mix when I get home, staring at nothing, sexual fantasy about my supervisor and other female colleagues,  shitting while playing games on my phone, nothing too crazy.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: How many of you do virtually nothing at your job? [Re: Anonymous #11]
    #12690558 -

lol
i work in the corporate world, and currently all our IT positions are on the way out.
tehy made a bunch of ppl redundant two weeks ago, and the full IT dept. will be moved to India at the end of August.

Dont worry, im sure your job will be sent to some immigrant willing to do it for 1/10 of what you are, and twice as happy to do it

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: How many of you do virtually nothing at your job? [Re: Anonymous #12]
    #12692136 -

construction is where it is at.  When we work, we work hard and sweat, get in shape, etc.  When we slack off we do it right by spending the whole day drinking a copious amount of corona and smoking bud on the rooftop all while shouting obscenities to the pedestrians down below.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: How many of you do virtually nothing at your job? [Re: Anonymous #12]
    #12693043 -

blep

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: How many of you do virtually nothing at your job? [Re: Anonymous #8]
    #12693864 -

i like anon 13

Edited by Anonymous (06/05/10 09:10 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Original Sensible Seeds Shop: Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds, Feminized Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains


Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: trendal, Shroomism, george castanza, Alan Rockefeller, yogabunny
638 topic views. 1 members, 3 guests and 1 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.029 seconds spending 0.008 seconds on 16 queries.