Home | Community | Message Board

Kratom Eye
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Unfolding Nature Shop: Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
I'm stuck in a love-less relationship, with a kid
    #12590647 -

My girlfriend and I have been together on and off for about 5 years.

We have a 4 year old son, and I recently got back with her so I could be in his life... but there's really no more love between her and I.

We get along well enough, but I feel like we're basically just friends, who happen to have a child together.

Am I selfish for occasionally wondering if I'd be better off finding love with someone else?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I'm stuck in a love-less relationship, with a kid [Re: Anonymous #1]
    #12590666 -

Not selfish, and probably would be better off.  I'm dating a girl who is in a similar situation.  She and her ex are still good friends, and are decent parents of a five-year old, but with the shit they've been through, she doesn't have the love or attraction for him she did.  If they were together, they'd probably kill each other

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I'm stuck in a love-less relationship, with a kid [Re: Anonymous #2]
    #12590683 -

We've been to that point of wanting to kill each other... that's why we had to take a year long break and start over.

So far, we've been able to keep the peace, but we're just not in love with each other anymore.

I know back in the day, love-less marriages were the norm. Getting divorced was seriously looked down on by society, but now it's completely normal.

I just don't want to harm my son by giving him a broken home based on my selfishness.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I'm stuck in a love-less relationship, with a kid [Re: Anonymous #1]
    #12590710 -

I come from a divorced family.  If the parents can be friends and work custody outside of the courts, it will more than likely be okay.  It allows for flexibility.  Love the child and do things as a family, even if you're not both there all the time.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I'm stuck in a love-less relationship, with a kid [Re: Anonymous #1]
    #12590774 -

Probably not.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I'm stuck in a love-less relationship, with a kid [Re: Anonymous #1]
    #12592163 -

Leave her, get shared custody.  For your sake and the kid's sake.  You are not helping him by staying in your loveless relationship anyways.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I'm stuck in a love-less relationship, with a kid [Re: Anonymous #4]
    #12593908 -

It's better to have two HAPPY parents for a child-- if you need the genuine love of a real relationship, then do everyone a favor and go find one.
Getting all Catholic and suffering the part will only lead to your own years being burned away, and that dis-satisfaction will color your home/family life.

If your bond with your baby-momma is strong enough, this will be easier than you think. Maybe she thinks the same thing, and like you, is just going through the motions, thinking it's her only option.

Live life to the fullest-- everyone will win, including your child...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I'm stuck in a love-less relationship, with a kid [Re: Anonymous #5]
    #12593980 -

As long as  your child gets to see both of you frequently and you accept him for who he is and support him in life then he will be fine and happy.

I really wish my parents would have gotten a divorce..

Also try never to fight in front of him. Make sure you never let your emotions overcome you to the point you're screaming at the top of your lungs. Always try to settle things with your woman in a quiet, responsible way and if that isn't a possibility - walk away and get some air then settle it later.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I'm stuck in a love-less relationship, with a kid [Re: Anonymous #4] * 1
    #12593983 -

If you want to be recharged and deal with this - it is going to take work. The path is not orgasmic sex though. If your sex life is dead, but you still both masturbate, you need to avoid and or limit that as well. Become in tune with each others minds and bodies. After such coldness, you will have to both be willingly to try again. Loving touch, the desire to nurture and give is felt in the mind and once you wear done mental barriers you will rediscover feelings of warm and comfort through each other.

Check into karezza and other sexual techniques if it ever returns to a sex life between you two. Also check out http://www.reuniting.info/ It has a lot of cool things. Once you understand the reason why you feel this way, it is easier to overcome and make something positive out of it.


Love simply doesn't happen. Horny and lust and love all get confused in relationships. When following mother nature one will fall into the trap of fizzling out and get a desire to drift. Once things have cooled to this point where you feel more like friends that lovers, you have an uphill, but worthwhile battle. You do have one benefit, if you feel like friends you are ahead of a lot of people that only have one thing in common-fucking each other. The best couples either are or become best friends. Hot steamy sex, just isn't a reality for couples forever, for eventually something gives neurochemically.

Talk to her, take the first step. Clearly you had some reason to be the father of her child, rekindle the drive and set a real example for your son. You don't want him to see a father that can't hold together a relationship with his mother. If you can get to the point of getting the real love back into the relationship, he will pick up on that. The whole family will become happier, and one day you can tell him as a young man the key to success. Few parents now in days give "the talk", even fewer give the right talk. A happy life with a partner is so much more than grinding genitalia.

Everything is simply a mind game, it is all chemical. Understand it all, and use it. You don't have to be unhappy, and you don't have to search for other women.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I'm stuck in a love-less relationship, with a kid [Re: Anonymous #7]
    #12594064 -

You and me both.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Unfolding Nature Shop: Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order


Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: trendal, Shroomism, george castanza, Alan Rockefeller, yogabunny
349 topic views. 0 members, 0 guests and 2 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.021 seconds spending 0.005 seconds on 16 queries.