Home | Community | Message Board

PlanetSpores.ca
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Myyco.com Penis Envy Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]
Was the shroomery always filled with reckless noob drug users?
    #12138438 -

I've been here for awhile and lately (last 12-18 mos) I've noticed a very sharp uptick in young kids masquerading as 18+ er's whome have a very reckless approach to drug use.

Has this always been the case and I just never noticed ?

Or has there been a real pronounced shift in the user base?

Has the proliferation of readily available with a CC and PO box RC's contributed to this?

Thoughts and Comments

Edited by Anonymous (03/03/10 10:41 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Was the shroomery always filled with reckless noob drug users? [Re: Anonymous #1]
    #12138848 -

.

Edited by Anonymous (03/12/12 12:57 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Was the shroomery always filled with reckless noob drug users? [Re: Anonymous #2]
    #12139193 -

I haven't been here long but have noticed a sharp downturn in post quality and maturity.
It kind of sucks but I don't want to sound like an elitist.
That coupled with the fact that I'm older than a lot of these kids leaves me face palming to no end. lol.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Was the shroomery always filled with reckless noob drug users? [Re: Anonymous #3]
    #12139689 -

Lately... a lot more of them it seems

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Was the shroomery always filled with reckless noob drug users? [Re: Anonymous #4]
    #12139928 -

Where I live there been lots of media attention being brough on headshops and legal drugs which had led to a huge updurge in discussion regarding these things on more mainstream forums. Stands to reason these same folk would be finding themselves here.

I think the Physcadelic experience forum is a lawsuit waiting to happen. How can it be ok to allow dumbfuck kids to discuss mixing crazy cocktails of drugs endlessly? Onde middleclass kid OD and mom finding him being encouraged on shroomery and its all over fuckeheads...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Was the shroomery always filled with reckless noob drug users? [Re: Anonymous #1]
    #12140176 -

Im on the Shroomery since december 2000 and a member since 2002.

It wasnt always this way.

Please realize that the Shroomery is a BIG community now.  For every member then there are 10 or 20 now.

You must also realize how terribly FUBAR the American schooling system is, from primary school upwards. The young ones joining now simply didnt have the higher quality education we had, and do not think as methodically as we do because they never had the skill pounded into them.

The thought of the new wave of shroomerites tends to be less sophisticated than that of earlier waves. You cannot and should not blame them for it. Its the education system failing, or rather SUCCEEDING in churning out mindless consumers cost effectively for their corporate brave new world.

We the veterans have a DUTY to educate the young and reckless, let them learn by example and keep them from ending in the ER or worse.

EDUCATE.

Edited by Anonymous (03/04/10 05:07 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Was the shroomery always filled with reckless noob drug users? [Re: Anonymous #6]
    #12140385 -

There's a huge population of trolls, schizos and stupid sluts now too and it didn't used to be that way. Used to be a respectable drug board instead of the septic tank of drug boards.

And yeah - I know the high call and educate. 90% of my posts since '03 have been in the tech/knowledge/skill forums. I only pipe up in otd or the pub once in a great while. I don't use shroomery to meet my social or therapy needs, I use shroomery to gain some PRETTY FUCKING GREAT bio science knowledge and trade back with some of the best of my knowledge too.

Edited by Anonymous (03/04/10 07:32 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Was the shroomery always filled with reckless noob drug users? [Re: Anonymous #3]
    #12140394 -

Anonymous #3 said:
I... have noticed a sharp downturn in post quality and maturity.
It kind of sucks but I don't want to sound like an elitist.
That coupled with the fact that I'm older than a lot of these kids leaves me face palming to no end. lol.



I feel the exact same way.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Was the shroomery always filled with reckless noob drug users? [Re: Anonymous #8]
    #12140437 -

Well, the regime is completely different and largely dominated by generation xxx'rs :lol:
I wondered though if I wanted to be here much more because of the difference in standards and perception, I mean by LEO & BIG LEO - like having a part of being an example of what's wrong with organics instead of what's right about them. Boards that don't do the troll/punky/crazy thing put off a better image and are less susceptible but I guess at least shroomery has the "raw" data...

Edited by Anonymous (03/04/10 08:30 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
. [Re: Anonymous #2]
    #12140537 -

.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Was the shroomery always filled with reckless noob drug users? [Re: Anonymous #9]
    #12140596 -

yeah, my generation is pretty terrible.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
. [Re: Anonymous #10]
    #12140604 -

.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Was the shroomery always filled with reckless noob drug users? [Re: Anonymous #5]
    #12140609 -

Anonymous #5 said:
I think the Physcadelic experience forum is a lawsuit waiting to happen. How can it be ok to allow dumbfuck kids to discuss mixing crazy cocktails of drugs endlessly? Onde middleclass kid OD and mom finding him being encouraged on shroomery and its all over fuckeheads...



I have wondered about this as well, I don't often wear a tin foil hat or anything but if I was out to ruin a board like this and others, I would register, ask a bunch of leading questions in posts, encourage the tards and sit back and wait for some kid to OD. Then it's simply a matter of bringing local and national attention to the dark underbelly of the web (shroomery etc.)
I don't know about lawsuits but it would certainly bring a greater level of attention from big big brother and could lead to the outlawing of prints. Just like they are doing with the botanical's etc.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Was the shroomery always filled with reckless noob drug users? [Re: Anonymous #9]
    #12140613 -

TV and school did your parents in, and they compound this generations TV and school with their inability to parent.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Was the shroomery always filled with reckless noob drug users? [Re: Anonymous #1]
    #12140619 -

I've been here for quite some time and there's always been some pretty reckless drug users here whose age is questionable. Case in point - UncleLuke. Don't be an UncleLuke, kids.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Was the shroomery always filled with reckless noob drug users? [Re: Anonymous #11]
    #12140661 -

This question is best answered by people who regged before 2004.

Around 2004, 2005 shroomery post quality took a nosedive as we became a big site, and we never quite recovered from that.

I'm seriously thinking we should create a large forum with a bunch of subforums, and confine new members to it for at least six months before they can post in the community at large.

The benefit is twofold, the forums can mature a bit without new members overrunning it, and the newbies can be potty trained without having to pommeled by bans for avoidable mistake.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Was the shroomery always filled with reckless noob drug users? [Re: Anonymous #11]
    #12140979 -

Uncle luke is still a relatively recent development.

Take theuser (dxm fiend) back in the day. He had a very reckless approach to subtances, but rather than encourage him the community at the time let him know how irresponsible his actions were.

Unfortunately I don't see that response as much any more - its seemed to drift into the 'how can I make a 2c chemical with whats under my sink'.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Was the shroomery always filled with reckless noob drug users? [Re: Anonymous #1]
    #12140996 -

Anonymous #1 said:
Uncle luke is still a relatively recent development.



True, comparatively thinking. I suppose Ripper would probably be a better example of this sort of thing. Of course, The Shroomery is going to attract younger people who think they're invulnerable and immortal.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Was the shroomery always filled with reckless noob drug users? [Re: Anonymous #11]
    #12141135 -

What's the uncle luke thing about?
I don't go to the PE board much.
Is it something I missed in there?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Was the shroomery always filled with reckless noob drug users? [Re: Anonymous #3]
    #12141268 -

So I've been registered sicne 05' and I've seen a decline in post quality mainly in the past two years, and it's gotten alot worse within the last year.

When i first registered I was 19 and I was a noob and all this info was really interesting. Now i'm 24 and all the info it old to me for the most part. So I'm not sure if it's that there are a bunch more annoying noobs around now than there were 5 years ago. Or if I've just grown out of the noob phases and now find the shroomery boring and pathetic at times.

When I hangin out at the shroomery I get the feeling that I'm chillin with a bunch of high school kids.
When i first registerd I was a teenager (19) so it felt normal to be hanging out with high school kids.
But now i'm 24 years old so it feels kinda lame to be hanging out with high shcool kids.

So I'm not sure if its the Shroomer getting lots of new reckless noob drug users, or if I'm just growing out of the shroomery. :shrug:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Myyco.com Penis Envy Liquid Culture For Sale


Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: trendal, Shroomism, george castanza, Alan Rockefeller, yogabunny
1,037 topic views. 0 members, 0 guests and 4 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.029 seconds spending 0.009 seconds on 18 queries.