Home | Community | Message Board

MagicBag Grow Bags
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

North Spore Shop: Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Speakers?
    #11865747 -

I'm looking for something to listen to music with :lol:

http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/speakers_audio/home_pc_speakers/devices/234&cl=us,en

These look nice, but I'm not sure. I don't plan on using it for gaming or anything. Just music. I'm not entirely sure if I need it to be connected to my computer, although a way to play the stuff on my computer through a seperate audio system would be nice. It needs to have a 3.5 jack in it to plug my PMP into, my budget is $100 - anyone got any ideas?


--------------------

koods said:
Young male going by the name "Bassfreak" entered Worcester General complaining of a sharp pain in his buttock region after attending EDM event. Attending physician considered a possible diagnosis of acute rave anus, but upon further investigation it was determined there was nothing cute about patient's anus.

Life-long trip report

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Speakers? [Re: pfxtc]
    #11866089 -

If you just want to listen to some tunes, any old home pc spekers will work fine, and most sound the same.

If you want to appreciate music, get a pair of monitors.

http://www.google.com/products/catalog?q=monitor+speakers&oe=utf-8&ved=0CCIQrQQwAA&cid=12447813107135249351&sa=title#p

An old receiver and multi driver speakers are really nice if you can find some deals, as thats what i use personnaly, but i lucked out, since i was doing home audio when i got the parts. :tongue2:

:2cents:


--------------------

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity. Im not too sure about the former.      -Einstein

Of course the rules need to be enforced, but the goal of law and order should be to create a just society, not to enforce laws. -Unknown

“I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours.”  -Stephen Roberts

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Speakers? [Re: pfxtc]
    #11866154 -

I fucking love these, for the price: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16836121122

And I am damn picky about my audio equipment. These are just great for something to plug your iPod into, or listen to music off your PC.

They are slightly bass-heavy, but that can be dealt with.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Speakers? [Re: anjay]
    #11866250 -

Yeah I saw those, 160 is too much unfortunately


--------------------

koods said:
Young male going by the name "Bassfreak" entered Worcester General complaining of a sharp pain in his buttock region after attending EDM event. Attending physician considered a possible diagnosis of acute rave anus, but upon further investigation it was determined there was nothing cute about patient's anus.

Life-long trip report

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Speakers? [Re: ThirdEyeOpening]
    #11866263 -

ThirdEyeOpening said:
If you just want to listen to some tunes, any old home pc spekers will work fine, and most sound the same.

If you want to appreciate music, get a pair of monitors.

http://www.google.com/products/catalog?q=monitor+speakers&oe=utf-8&ved=0CCIQrQQwAA&cid=12447813107135249351&sa=title#p

An old receiver and multi driver speakers are really nice if you can find some deals, as thats what i use personnaly, but i lucked out, since i was doing home audio when i got the parts. :tongue2:

:2cents:




Im in this debate myself...

Speakers vs. monitors?

I am no audio engineer/music producer. But i would consider myself a bit of an audiophile... I am almost never satisfied with my music listening experience...i know it gets better...

So i have heard  monitors are extremely accurate... meaning for listening (not recording/mixing) purposes they could be "too" accurate. meaning they would point out flaws in most music...unless mastered 100% perfectly. True?

So i am willing  to spend $500-$1200 for a nice little set up.
What do you guys think.. Monitors or Speakers?


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Speakers? [Re: pfxtc]
    #11866368 -

pfxtc said:
Yeah I saw those, 160 is too much unfortunately



Aw, bummer. They're totally worth it, but I feel you on the cash.

I had the earlier model for about 6 years. They were going strong until one of the cables broke. For some reason you CAN'T buy a replacement for it.

Regardless, I got another set, haha.

I would go with a logitech within your budget. These would probably be great: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16836121036 :smile:

Or buy these headphones for a low-priced, yet orgasmically good audio experience: http://www.headphone.com/headphones/grado-sr-60i.php


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Speakers? [Re: anjay]
    #11867779 -

anjay said:
pfxtc said:
Yeah I saw those, 160 is too much unfortunately



Aw, bummer. They're totally worth it, but I feel you on the cash.

I had the earlier model for about 6 years. They were going strong until one of the cables broke. For some reason you CAN'T buy a replacement for it.

Regardless, I got another set, haha.

I would go with a logitech within your budget. These would probably be great: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16836121036 :smile:

Or buy these headphones for a low-priced, yet orgasmically good audio experience: http://www.headphone.com/headphones/grado-sr-60i.php



I might just buy those $160 ones - I just not sure if I wanna use them as computer speakers or just overall speakers :lol:

I had those grado's, they itched my head :shrug:


--------------------

koods said:
Young male going by the name "Bassfreak" entered Worcester General complaining of a sharp pain in his buttock region after attending EDM event. Attending physician considered a possible diagnosis of acute rave anus, but upon further investigation it was determined there was nothing cute about patient's anus.

Life-long trip report

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Speakers? [Re: pfxtc]
    #11871782 -

If it were me I'd go to the goodwill and buy a used receiver and speakers.  Then you could plug in an ipod, cd player, and a dvd player to your system.


--------------------
"There was a dirty rainbow coming out of the fucking toilet" - 40 Oz.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

North Spore Shop: Cultivation Supplies


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Home Speaker Help learningtofly 987 18 08/15/10 11:12 AM
by learningtofly
* Cheap, Good Computer Speakers Angel_Above 750 11 07/12/13 03:00 PM
by Soulidarity
* Good computer speakers? cApTaInCrAp 786 11 03/03/14 12:26 PM
by MightyWhite
* Which speakers would you buy (for your mom) tospace 139 0 08/20/12 01:34 AM
by tospace
* Recommend speakers for my computer
( 1 2 all )
Crystal G 1,779 24 01/16/16 09:14 PM
by Psychonautica
* In the market for some new computer speakers Gumby 937 10 02/14/09 08:51 PM
by Gumby
* True Audiophile Speakers
( 1 2 3 4 all )
Hrethic 7,008 63 08/06/09 12:45 AM
by unretarded
* Troubles with my PC speakers. Gumby 687 8 09/08/08 09:34 AM
by Gumby

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
483 topic views. 4 members, 205 guests and 114 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.028 seconds spending 0.005 seconds on 16 queries.