Home | Community | Message Board

Magic Mushrooms Zamnesia
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Re: gonna start going to AA meetings [Re: Anonymous #8]
    #11579775 -

All AA does is replace your substance dependence with AA dependence. Seriously. That's fucking all. An addict is an addict.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: gonna start going to AA meetings [Re: Anonymous #9]
    #11579808 -

Yep it's a pathetic cult of victimhood. I'm an addictive person but at least I don't expect Jesus or the Flying Spaghetti Monster to break my habits for me.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: gonna start going to AA meetings [Re: Anonymous #10]
    #11579815 -

Not only that, but it fosters a mentality of "This isn't my fault, I'm the victim here" which is, of course, complete bullshit.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: gonna start going to AA meetings [Re: Anonymous #9]
    #11579821 -

The 12 steps themselves, along with the onerous burden of sitting in a circle talking to people about my and their problems a few times a week, looks pretty tolerable to me right now compared with a half-dead brain and an exploding liver.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: gonna start going to AA meetings [Re: Anonymous #1]
    #11579834 -

Three IPAs a night is not going to give you liver problems, haha. Good luck though. AA sucks.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: gonna start going to AA meetings [Re: Anonymous #4]
    #11579843 -

You misunderstand - two or three IPAs a night is me at my best.

My average for the past few weeks has been more like six to nine shots/beers a day.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: gonna start going to AA meetings [Re: Anonymous #1]
    #11579898 -

i hate to say it but AA isnt the answer.. IMO

try this go to a psychiatrist and ask for a group through him..

theres always groups that meet for drug use (not just alcohol tho, most alcoholics dont know shit about tripping and what drugs actaully are)

the psychiatrist can also help you in other ways too, he can give you meds (dont abuse them) that you can use.. and he can also drug test you randomly

imo this is your best shot

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: gonna start going to AA meetings [Re: Anonymous #11]
    #11579940 -

Price may be a prohibitive factor with that thought.

I had to go to one (drug councilor/psychiatrist) due to court order and she was really fucking cool though. She was pro pot as long as it didn't negatively effect your life (ie failed drug  tests, bad grades ect.) and had a really open mind to other drugs and unconventional ideas about addiction that I really agreed with. I think it cost like $1300usd for maybe 15 meetings over a few months.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: gonna start going to AA meetings [Re: Anonymous #8]
    #11580001 -

AA = crazy christians trying to force you to believe in god

don't do it

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: gonna start going to AA meetings [Re: Anonymous #12]
    #11580032 -

I like when they try to insist that "higher Power" doesn't necessarily mean God, but can be anything, including the power of the group :lol: Also, for lulz, bring up the fact that Bill Wilson developed the 12 steps after taking LSD and was a life long advocate of LSD therapy. It tends to make them REALLY uncomfortable.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: gonna start going to AA meetings [Re: Anonymous #9]
    #11580072 -

They told me my higher power could be a vending machine if I wanted, LOL.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: gonna start going to AA meetings [Re: Anonymous #4]
    #11580088 -

Anonymous #4 said:
They told me my higher power could be a vending machine if I wanted, LOL.



:rofldrunk:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: gonna start going to AA meetings [Re: Anonymous #9]
    #11580194 -

Anonymous #9 said:
I like when they try to insist that "higher Power" doesn't necessarily mean God, but can be anything, including the power of the group :lol: Also, for lulz, bring up the fact that Bill Wilson developed the 12 steps after taking LSD and was a life long advocate of LSD therapy. It tends to make them REALLY uncomfortable.




oh please bring this up.. PLEASE

at my drug meetings i always tell people to read Terence McKenna.. i get some pretty strange looks from the group leader but he knows everything right?
NOT

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: gonna start going to AA meetings [Re: Anonymous #11]
    #11580200 -

sorry i realized after posting that it has nothing to do with helping you..

if you do have an ok insurance id say go to the doc

if not theres medicade

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: gonna start going to AA meetings [Re: Anonymous #9]
    #11580221 -

I tried going to the psychiatrist offered by my health provider (Kaiser Permanente) a few times and he was fucking worthless. One of those people you wouldn't feel too bad about socking in the face with no provocation. And I was never drunk when I spoke to him. He did not speak to me like I was a human being, he spoke to me like I was a complex of problems that could be solved by rote concepts he read all about in the training manual. He was a robot. He did not help me.

I should also say that alcohol is the ONLY drug I'm trying to give up. I love smoking weed, I love tripping, I'm even down for some coke every now and then. But it's the combination of alcohol's powerful anxiolytic properties with its social acceptability that gives me serious problems. It's not going to ruin my day to take a couple shots to steady my nerves before I step outside. Or a couple beers with lunch. Or a shot before I head to night class. If you've got a tolerance like me it doesn't even take any effort to hold your shit together after that, you just feel relaxed. The thing is that while it may not ruin my DAY to do this, I know for a fact that it will gimp my overall enjoyment of life and my own body in the long run. I'm only 23 and this process has already started, and I'd really prefer nipping it in the bud to letting it get ugly. Because I know it will.

I don't mind being replacing my addiction to alcohol with an addiction to meetings, OK? One of them wrecks my body and mind and one of them doesn't. I know which I'd prefer.

Edited by Tchan909 (12/03/09 09:45 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: gonna start going to AA meetings [Re: Anonymous #11]
    #11580223 -

I was gonna suggest he tell them that Terence's ghost is his higher power :sun:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: gonna start going to AA meetings [Re: Anonymous #10]
    #11580343 -

My higher power is DMT. End of story.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: gonna start going to AA meetings [Re: Anonymous #1]
    #11580600 -

Anonymous #1 said:
Nope, they're going to tell me never, ever drink no matter what. And that's what I need. :shrug:

Maybe I can learn moderation down the road, but I certainly don't know it now. I can't convince myself that "two or three strong beers a night on average" represents moderation anymore. That's the most moderation I've been able to manage for a long time, and even right now I'm in a much harder-drinking phase than that. Alcoholism is fucking thick in my genes, and behaviorally I learned it from my mother. The cards are pretty stacked against me unless I get help.



No, what AA is gonna do is turn you from one crutch to another. First they'll try God. Then when that doesn't work they'll revert wayyyyyy down to coffee. Then once you drink their shitty coffee you'll smoke more cigarettes than any human should. Then they'll keep trying God until you crack.

I'm not saying AA doesn't work, but it's definitely not for me.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: gonna start going to AA meetings [Re: Anonymous #13]
    #11580641 -

I'm already addicted to caffeine and I really couldn't care less whether God exists. If She (I'm pretty sure God would be a She) can help me in any meaningful way then I'm all for it.

Cigs though? I don't know. I go back and forth between not smoking and smoking one pack every few days. I think chain-smoking would actually make me feel shittier than alcoholism, and I mainly make this decision out of a desire not to feel shitty.

I am openminded to moderate drinking at some point down the road, but I've failed at it very consistently by this point and I feel like I need to try something different.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Jews Anonymous 1,461 18 06/15/18 03:20 PM
by Anonymous

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: trendal, Shroomism, george castanza, Alan Rockefeller, yogabunny
614 topic views. 0 members, 0 guests and 0 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.023 seconds spending 0.006 seconds on 15 queries.