Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]
living with parents, mother still treats me like a kid
    #11413661 -

Due to my financial situation, I am currently living at my house with my parents.  I used to live at college for 2 years.  My college fucked me over because my family ( NOT ME ) has many assets, and that caused me to lose some of my financial aid and live at home.

Day by day, I get treated like a child still , they still treat me like I'm 16.  I loathe staying at home, and I usually stay at college all day.  I loved being responsible for myself , cooking for myself, caring for myself, and just being very independant. Being Italian probably got to do with this, but my mother wants to cook for me breakfast when I get up in the morning and they are just unbearable.  Well thats just one thing probably many people would probably really love having parents that do something like that.  My mother cleans my room and puts the cloths in my dresser and stuff.  I dont know how many times I tell her to stop doing so but she does so anyways. 

I want them to start treating me like an adult.  I want them to leave me alone.  Stop coming in my room, stop treating me like a kid.  I would do anything to live on my own again.  My financial situation is shit and I do not have a job, partly because I am taking 18 credits and I am at school all day every day (except weekends).  Another reason is this shit recession is keeping me from getting a job, I used to try hard every day but nobody wants to accept someone who has had no job experience.  My mother wants to know everything that I do all the time and that is something she has no business in.

What could I do to stop my mother from doing this?  I have told her many times but I think something is wrong with her.  I try ignoring her, and she tries hugging and kissing me all the time its the most depressing thing in the world.  It makes me feel like im 8, but I am 20.  She still calls me a teenager and her "baby".

What can I do to possibly help my financial situation? 

Ok I am done ranting and I just need to vent a little bit.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: living with parents, mother still treats me like a kid [Re: Anonymous #1]
    #11413669 -

Gotta get a job. Even a lame one. Or make a job.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: living with parents, mother still treats me like a kid [Re: Anonymous #2]
    #11413783 -

I have been thinking extensively of offering my computer services to people, but the only thing stopping me is college.  I am taking 18 credits, and they aren't entry level courses, I am taking sciences, mathematics, and engineering courses.  They keep me occupied mostly all day.  The only time I would be able to offer my services are on saturday and sunday.  I do not want to do it really during my free time when I am not in class because I believe schooling is way too important. 

I am thinking about confronting my mother tomorrow possibly .

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: living with parents, mother still treats me like a kid [Re: Anonymous #1]
    #11413808 -

Some parents never EVER recognize their adult child as an adult.

My wife's parents continued to try to control her and tell her what to do well into her late 20s.

Keep your chin up and with any luck in 2 years or so you can leave and put some distance between them and you.

Until then...you;re fucked.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: living with parents, mother still treats me like a kid [Re: Anonymous #1]
    #11413810 -

http://www.boundless.org/2005/articles/a0001417.cfm

I understand now.  This is a great article.  I must stop my current actions, and start living if I were living on my own.  NO more leaving dirty dishes for mother to clean, NO more putting clothes inside the family bin for mother to clean one day, NO more acting like a child and horsing around with siblings.  I am going to take a stand RIGHT NOW.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: living with parents, mother still treats me like a kid [Re: Anonymous #1]
    #11413822 -

Then take less classes, wait tables at night and work your way through school on your own two feet like every other adult out there.  If you live at home with mommy, you are a kid.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: living with parents, mother still treats me like a kid [Re: Anonymous #1]
    #11413846 -

I would suggest getting a g/f that has her own place and spending all your time there. Thats what I did when I lived with my parents.
Then I got kicked out for growing shrooms and had to drop out of school and get a job to live on my own.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: living with parents, mother still treats me like a kid [Re: Anonymous #5]
    #11413904 -

you are still a kid if you live with your mother in my book.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: living with parents, mother still treats me like a kid [Re: Anonymous #6]
    #11413983 -

murder her with a hammer:super:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: living with parents, mother still treats me like a kid [Re: Anonymous #7]
    #11414068 -

Anonymous #7 said:
murder her with a hammer:super:



maybe Im crazy but I thought about doing that. 

im thinking of just living as a bum inside my car while I am at school because the school has a huge parking deck, I dont think many cops patrol up and down the parking deck for some reason.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: living with parents, mother still treats me like a kid [Re: Anonymous #7]
    #11414088 -

Anonymous #7 said:
murder her with a hammer:super:



:highfive:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: living with parents, mother still treats me like a kid [Re: Anonymous #7]
    #11414483 -

Anonymous #4 said:
Then take less classes, wait tables at night and work your way through school on your own two feet like every other adult out there.  If you live at home with mommy, you are a kid.



Anonymous #7 said:
murder her with a hammer:super:



4 & 7 are real men of genius. I work and go to school. It's taking me longer to graduate, but at least I don't have to bitch about mommy cooking me breakfast.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: living with parents, mother still treats me like a kid [Re: Anonymous #3]
    #11416535 -

Anonymous #3 said:
Some parents never EVER recognize their adult child as an adult.




Even when you're 50, your mom will still think of you as a little kid. That's why people move out. Or commit hideous axe murders.
So while you're not able to move out try to see it as a delusion on your mom's part and don't let it get to you.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: living with parents, mother still treats me like a kid [Re: Anonymous #9]
    #11417033 -

If you live at home you are still a kid you spoilt middleclass fuck.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: living with parents, mother still treats me like a kid [Re: Anonymous #10]
    #11419861 -

wow... still a kid huh?

Even if I get a job, it would not be enough to sustain and support me.  Minimum wage does not cut it.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: living with parents, mother still treats me like a kid [Re: Anonymous #1]
    #11419898 -

your mom loves you, be happy for that. Get a job,go to school, stay at home, save boat loads of money. I wish I would have done that.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: living with parents, mother still treats me like a kid [Re: Anonymous #1]
    #11419935 -

Anonymous #1 said:
wow... still a kid huh?

Even if I get a job, it would not be enough to sustain and support me.  Minimum wage does not cut it.



Wrong, minimum wage does cut if it you budget your money correctly.  Regardless, its hard to find an entry level job that pays only min. wage.  Get a job waiting tables and you can support a small studio apt off of 30 hrs a week.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: living with parents, mother still treats me like a kid [Re: Anonymous #11]
    #11419940 -

Drop out of college and live on the streets.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: living with parents, mother still treats me like a kid [Re: Anonymous #1]
    #11419987 -

grow a job? :wink:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: living with parents, mother still treats me like a kid [Re: Anonymous #4]
    #11420505 -

Anonymous #4 said:
Anonymous #1 said:
wow... still a kid huh?

Even if I get a job, it would not be enough to sustain and support me.  Minimum wage does not cut it.



Wrong, minimum wage does cut if it you budget your money correctly.  Regardless, its hard to find an entry level job that pays only min. wage.  Get a job waiting tables and you can support a small studio apt off of 30 hrs a week.




it costs 10k to live on campus , another 1k for a food plan, and 6k for my tuition.  PER SEMESTER.  I highly doubt that a minumum wage job can pay for that.  WELL, of course I am getting financial aid for the tuition but its 10k+1k flat each semester, no financial aid covering housing.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]

Shop: Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies


Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: trendal, Shroomism, george castanza, Alan Rockefeller, yogabunny
763 topic views. 1 members, 18 guests and 24 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.026 seconds spending 0.007 seconds on 16 queries.