Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Offlinekikthecan
uhh
Male

U.S Military
    #11249979 - 10/14/09 11:31 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

ok i know a number of you don't qualify for it (drugs?) but..

Who here is involved with any branch of the military? i just took my enlistment screening test today got 84 have no real clue how that compares but they said it was good enough, i'm going in the navy diving hard for the seals but if that doesn't work out then the nuclear power program looks promising.

Def might be a wild shot but any seals here or anyone in the navy got a cool job i should look into?

--------------------

3 At start, no has lyte. An Ceiling Cat sayz, i can haz lite? An lite wuz.4 An Ceiling Cat sawed teh lite, to seez stuffs, An splitted teh lite from dark but taht wuz ok cuz kittehs can see in teh dark An not tripz over nethin.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinedesiretoheal
Seeker
Male User Gallery

Loc: Here
Re: U.S Military [Re: kikthecan]
    #11249991 - 10/14/09 11:33 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

why do you want to be in the military? that's what I would like to know

--------------------
If there were no rewards to reap,No loving embrace to see me through
This tedious path I've chosen here,I certainly would've walked away by now.
Gonna wait it out.
If there were no desire to heal The damaged and broken met along
This tedious path I've chosen hereI certainly would've walked away by now.
And I still may ... (sigh) ... I still may.Be patient.
I must keep reminding myself of this.

OfflineNuggetpouch
Male

Re: U.S Military [Re: desiretoheal]
    #11250030 - 10/14/09 11:39 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

:nonono: bragging about your belonging to  an organization affiliated/responsible for/with death and violation of human rights.... you'll get ranked on for that at the shroomery!

i think there are a few ex-army folks around though, no?

--------------------
My statistical assumption is that chemical tapering should begin when the rate of visiting ODD exceeds the rate of visiting Pub, or any other Shroomery forum.

Edited by Nuggetpouch (10/14/09 11:40 PM)

Offlinemeatcakeman
the search for bodhisattva
Male User Gallery

Loc: el sol
    #11250069 - 10/14/09 11:46 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

I'm currently in the Navy's Baccalaureate Degree Completion Program.

Are you talking about the ASVAB? I got a 99 on that bitch. A high score on it gives you a lot of leeway once you start working. An 84 is pretty damn good, so a lot of positions are open for you; I think all, actually.

But it's a bitch if you're an enlistee. I'm sorry, man. But honestly, enlistees eat shit for years and rise the ranks slowly. And it's kind of a slap in the face to you when people like me (ROTC/BDCP) just graduate college and automatically become Officers. But, :shrug:, what are you going to do about it? It's cut throat.

Navy Seals aint no joke either. I'm sure you're well aware of the physical requirements. That, alone, is enough to deter me from going that path. But, hey, the pay's good and the government hooks you up fat. Can't really complain about that.

--------------------
大开眼界

:awegroove:
:fbsnugs::fbsnugs::fbsnugs:
Hasta siempre, comandante.
:mattz:

OfflineWakeboardrB
Pepe Silvia
Male

#11250127 - 10/14/09 11:57 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

Do you realize how slim to none your chances of making SEALS are? Check out the Military Channel shows about SEAL qualifying and you'll get a good idea of what you are up against.

Not to dash your hopes, but it's kind of like a kid dreaming of being an astronaut. Well not quite, there are better odds, but by much.

Do yourself a favor and watch the military channel series on Navy SEAL qualifying. And keep in mind it's just the beginning for the average SEAL.

--------------------
Same thing happened to me when I played Neil Armstrong in Moonshot. They found me in an alley in Burbank trying to re-enter the earth's atmosphere in an old refrigerator box.

InvisibleDieCommie

Re: U.S Military [Re: WakeboardrB]
    #11250222 - 10/15/09 12:14 AM (14 years, 6 months ago)

I wanted to be an astronaut for years!  I ended up taking alot of acid and dropping out instead - meh, close enough.

Offlinemeatcakeman
Male User Gallery

#11250226 - 10/15/09 12:14 AM (14 years, 6 months ago)

Yeah. Here's just the physical requirements:

Quote:

1.  swim 500 yards in 12.5 minutes or less, followed by a 10-minute rest
  2. do 42 push-ups in under two minutes, followed by a two-minute rest
  3. do 50 sit-ups in under two minutes, followed by a two-minute rest
  4. do six pull-ups, followed by a 10-minute rest
  5. run 1.5 miles in running shoes and shorts in less than 11 minutes

I can do 3, 4, and 5 (my recruiter wanted to test me), but 1 and 2 are impossible bitches for me. And I'm color-blind, so I could never be able to be a SEAL.

And that's only the beginning. You have to be at most 28 years old and your vision has to be near perfect.

If you can do all of that, you're perfect SEAL material. Most people can't crank that out at whim. You have to train to gain stamina and strength.

--------------------
大开眼界

Offlinemeatcakeman
Male User Gallery

Re: U.S Military [Re: DieCommie]
    #11250229 - 10/15/09 12:15 AM (14 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

DieCommie said:
I wanted to be an astronaut for years!  I ended up taking alot of acid and dropping out instead - meh, close enough.

:rofl:

--------------------
大开眼界

OfflineWakeboardrB
Pepe Silvia
Male

Re: U.S Military [Re: meatcakeman]
    #11250336 - 10/15/09 12:38 AM (14 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

meatcakeman said:

Quote:

I can do 3, 4, and 5 (my recruiter wanted to test me), but 1 and 2 are impossible bitches for me. And I'm color-blind, so I could never be able to be a SEAL.

And that's only the beginning. You have to be at most 28 years old and your vision has to be near perfect.

If you can do all of that, you're perfect SEAL material. Most people can't crank that out at whim. You have to train to gain stamina and strength.

Is that all consecutive, cause I could totally make SEAL training right now if otherwise.

--------------------
Same thing happened to me when I played Neil Armstrong in Moonshot. They found me in an alley in Burbank trying to re-enter the earth's atmosphere in an old refrigerator box.

OfflineCapHat
Stranger

#11250358 - 10/15/09 12:45 AM (14 years, 6 months ago)

I was, Marine. Trust me if you have any brains and can qualify take the (demand) recruiter position . You get to stay home, dont have to kill or kill people and you get to chill in a cool office running around with money in your pocket ment for bribing young gun ho kids into signing away any and all rights they had away to be lied that they fight for Americas freedom. We are already free, were not at any war. youre fighting for another country and the people back here have to pay its bill.

Edited by CapHat (10/15/09 12:46 AM)

OfflineWakeboardrB
Pepe Silvia
Male

#11250385 - 10/15/09 12:52 AM (14 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

WakeboardrB said:
Quote:

meatcakeman said:

Quote:

Is that all consecutive, cause I could totally make SEAL training right now if otherwise.

Fuck, I meant I could have totally made that while i was in high school.

I don't know why I said I could make it right now. Shit, alcohol makes you type strange things.

--------------------

Offlinemeatcakeman
Male User Gallery

#11250400 - 10/15/09 12:55 AM (14 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

WakeboardrB said:
Quote:

WakeboardrB said:
Quote:

meatcakeman said:

Quote:

Fuck, I meant I could have totally made that while i was in high school.

I don't know why I said I could make it right now. Shit, alcohol makes you type strange things.

Yeah, that's consecutively. Yeah, back in high school, I played soccer. I would've breezed through that like it was nothing.

--------------------
大开眼界

OfflineWakeboardrB
Pepe Silvia
Male

Re: U.S Military [Re: CapHat]
    #11250461 - 10/15/09 01:09 AM (14 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

CapHat said:
I was, Marine. Trust me if you have any brains and can qualify take the (demand) recruiter position . You get to stay home, dont have to kill or kill people and you get to chill in a cool office running around with money in your pocket ment for bribing young gun ho kids into signing away any and all rights they had away to be lied that they fight for Americas freedom. We are already free, were not at any war. youre fighting for another country and the people back here have to pay its bill.

My cousin is in the Army with one deployment in Iraq and one in Afghanistan. He came home from active deployment in afghanistan to a temporary recruiter position because his mom was dying of cancer (she died july 4). He HATED it. Couldn't wait to get back to Afghanistan.

It might had just been him, but, I'd imagine if you wanted to sell shit to kids all day you'd either get a job at a record store or start dealing drugs.

I've heard that the only justifiable reason for joining the armed services is if you absolutely want to fucking kill the fuck out of someone. No ifs ands or buts.

If you are comfortable with taking a human life, go for it.

--------------------

Offlinewalkthewalk
Stranger
    #11250462 - 10/15/09 01:09 AM (14 years, 6 months ago)

the military...

OfflineKada
Asha'man
Male User Gallery

Loc: Buckeye Flag
    #11250514 - 10/15/09 01:20 AM (14 years, 6 months ago)

Kada's Journal.

My time in the Marine Corps:

I went into the Marine Corps when i was 19. Boot camp sucked. It was more mentally difficult, than it was physically difficult. Don't get me wrong, i was worked like a horse, and i lost 55 pounds. But the hardest part was living with constant hazing, indignity, and the giant mind fuck they pull to reprogram you. The whole time i was ashamed for being there, and there was no giving up. You are not allowed to leave. There are no breaks. There were no calls to home to see if the family was ok.

The only way to get out of boot camp, was to graduate. The whole time they remind you that you are only there to kill people for the government. That is what they are training you to do. Your not there for any reason but to be their puppet. If you join the Marine Corps with any other ambitions past killing someone. You are in the wrong place. When you are a Marine, you are a basic rifleman first. Above all else your job is to know how to kill, and do it without remorse.

All in all it was fun as hell. Well, as far as getting mind fucked everyday. The exercise was great. They don't let you quit. You either get fit, or die trying. someone did die trying in boot camp while i was there.

You get no respect until you graduate. Before that, you are treated worse than a pile of shit. Afterwards, you are treated like a brother by every marine. My problem was, after boot camp, i held no respect at all for the title i earned. I went in the military for the wrong reasons. I wanted college money. I wanted to make something of myself. I wanted to make my parents proud of me for once. I had no plans right out of high school, so i figured hell why not. I was not told the amount of hazing you get the whole time in boot camp. I'm talking about shit i wont tell you. Screw everything you think hazing can be. Screw thinking standing there while getting screamed at face to face for a hour. Thats the easy shit.

The only memories i have of the military were complete disgust in the whole process of making marines. A recruiter will not tell you any of this shit. I made it through boot camp barley keeping myself in tact. Most of the guys i went in with, came out completely different people. I do not mean for the better. Better for the government if they want compliant killing machines. Not better if you are a peaceful soul like myself. Everything you value in life they want to destroy, then remake you as a government pawn. Oh they do a damn fine job, then send you off with a smug ego like you are some damned crown prince. But all you are is another number on a list for someone to use like property. Think slavery here.

Was this supposed to be supportive of the military? Oh well. I have nothing supportive to say other than if you want to be a trained killer with little or no remorse, then join up. If not, then there is no other reason to pick the Marine Corps. I have no place being there at all period. I took my honorable discharge and GTFO of there.

I have no experience with any other branch of the military, but IMO the settings are the same, just at different levels. I NEVER would suggest going into the military as long as you have another means of living your life. Live free, live well, stay the fuck out of the military. Of course im bias. Oh yeah, get everyhting they promise you in writing. Recruiters LIE LIKE NO OTHER. If it's not in the paperwork, it's a scam. I was told being a combat engineer joining up that i i recived a bonus after i completed my training. YEH RIGHT! After training i asked where that money was and i was laughed at! It is a common lie, and it's a giant joke in the end.

http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/11250504#11250504

--------------------
~The Cultivators Motherload~

"I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them.
I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do." -Robert A. Heinlein

"There is no need for temples, no need for complicated philosophies.
My brain and my heart are my temples; my philosophy is kindness."-Dalai Lama

Live long and prosper.

OfflineCapHat
Stranger

Re: U.S Military [Re: Kada]
    #11250581 - 10/15/09 01:37 AM (14 years, 6 months ago)

Thank you my Brother. Thats 2 people who speak from experience now.
Kill or die trying, the sole objective of a soldier.
They dont tell you that in there commercials do they? fuck no its all family time in them commercials.

OfflineKada
Asha'man
Male User Gallery

Loc: Buckeye Flag
    #11250597 - 10/15/09 01:41 AM (14 years, 6 months ago)

Those commercials are only there to sell you the lie.

:devil:You pay with your soul.:devil:

--------------------
~The Cultivators Motherload~

"I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them.
I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do." -Robert A. Heinlein

"There is no need for temples, no need for complicated philosophies.
My brain and my heart are my temples; my philosophy is kindness."-Dalai Lama

Live long and prosper.

OfflineCapHat
Stranger

Re: U.S Military [Re: Kada]
    #11250614 - 10/15/09 01:44 AM (14 years, 6 months ago)

Yes.
Check out
www.freedom-school.com

It has 1000's of cool tips and trick about sovereignty and freedoms most do not know about

Offlinedesiretoheal
Seeker
Male User Gallery

Loc: Here
    #11252109 - 10/15/09 10:33 AM (14 years, 6 months ago)

I am glad that my mind is pure enough to see that the government can never own me. I feel like spitting in a recruiters face every time they come by.

My brother was almost suckered into joining the army for some mechanic training shit(I forgot the specifics). The recruiter was on our porch and my late dad told him to "get the fuck off the porch and lie to someone else". Good thing my brother decided not to go for it.

--------------------
If there were no rewards to reap,No loving embrace to see me through
This tedious path I've chosen here,I certainly would've walked away by now.
Gonna wait it out.
If there were no desire to heal The damaged and broken met along
This tedious path I've chosen hereI certainly would've walked away by now.
And I still may ... (sigh) ... I still may.Be patient.
I must keep reminding myself of this.

InvisiblePrisoner#1
Even Dumber ThanAdvertized!
 User Gallery

Loc: Pvt. Pubfag NutSuck
    #11252145 - 10/15/09 10:41 AM (14 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

meatcakeman said:

Quote:

any half assed soldier can do this, if it were all there was then half the navy would be on seal teams

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates