Shroomery - Magic Mushrooms Demystified
PF Casing Method
Another simple casing method.
Start cakes using the PF Tek/MMGG method. After cakes are fully colonized with mycelium:
- Pyrex Casserole pan
- pyrex or microwave safe container
- Perlite to cover bottom of pan
- Peat Moss
- Oyster shell (calcium carbonate)
- latex gloves
- chlorine or other hand-sterilizing chemical
Remember to practice sterile technique at all times
- Create Casing Mixture: mix 1/2 peat moss, 1/2 vermiculite, and a small amount of calcium (oyster shell) and add water until moist, not wet.
- sterilize casing mixture (bake in foil covered pan in oven, microwave in plastic, etc)
- Pour 1/2"+ perlite in bottom of fruiting pan and add 1/4"+ of water in bottom.
- Sterilize pan with perlite (saran wrap over top and microwave, or foil and bake)
- Let pan and casing cool completely.
- Sterilize hands and wear latex gloves
- Crumble cakes (hands and/or sterilized blade) over perlite layer and cover with saran wrap.
- Let cakes on perlite stand for 24+ hours in darkened area until you can see mycelium growth continue.
- Cover crumbled cakes with sterilized casing about 1/2"
- Cover fruiting pan with saran wrap or foil and poke small holes.
Copyright 1997-2017 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.
Generated in 0.020 seconds spending 0.002 seconds on 2 queries.