Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineMoneyAddyct
Picaro
Ready in time for Thanksgiving?
    #3261282 - 10/21/04 05:00 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

After my failure of all 10 jars to bacterial contamination a few days ago, I decided to buy a PC today. And I ordered new spores from Spores101 (GT and Cambodian) and some course verm. I still have about 3lbs of BRF from Mycosupply. If I start now and use the Cambodian strain, what is the likelihood that I will have SOME mature mushrooms by Thanksgiving? (When I come home and see all my friends still in the area heh).

If I were to use the Karo Tek with the Cambodian strain would that speed things up? Or is it the same because I'd have to wait a week for that to be ready anyway? I think it might be a better idea to do that anyway because of my past failures, but I'm not sure. Any ideas?

THANKS

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleTODAY
Battletoad
Male

Loc: Metropolis City, USA
Re: Ready in time for Thanksgiving? [Re: MoneyAddyct]
    #3261300 - 10/21/04 05:04 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

i doubt you are going to be in time for thanksgiving. you should pc some wbs for a quicker jar colonization time if you even want to meet that thanksgiving deadline. brf will take too long

--------------------

ca'rouse (k-rouz)
intr.v.
To engage in boisterous, drunken merrymaking.

OfflineMoneyAddyct
Picaro
Re: Ready in time for Thanksgiving? [Re: TODAY]
    #3261368 - 10/21/04 05:16 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Hmm..Is there a link to a WBS tek? Where can wbs be found? I'd hate to use a substrate I've never tried seeing as though even the BRF didn't work, but I'd love to have some shrooms by Thanksgiving.

InvisibleSam1912
journeyman

Loc: Cali
Re: Ready in time for Thanksgiving? [Re: TODAY]
    #3261389 - 10/21/04 05:20 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

I think you can do it. 36 days until thanksgivings day. I don't like the idea of trying to find first success with strict time line, but I think the average for PF Tek is about 30 days. That means, though, you'll really have to stick to ideals. And if you don't get your spores before Saturday... well... you know you'll really be short on time.

Is it possible? yeah.
Is it plausible? given you are still looking for first success, no.
Should you even try it? It's worth a shot IMO.
Advice? Keep it clean and stick to ideal conditions.

Good luck, MoneyAddict.

Sam

--------------------
Protect your civil rights!  End drug prohibition.  And if you don't care about your civil rights, protect mine!

If you want a rating from me, please PM me.  For those really newbies, don't expect an answer back, but you can try me anyways.

OfflineMoneyAddyct
Picaro
Re: Ready in time for Thanksgiving? [Re: Sam1912]
    #3261424 - 10/21/04 05:28 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Thanks Sam. And I already have my spores. Should I do the Karo tek or inoculate directly? With the PC, 45 mins at 15 psi - correct?

InvisibleSam1912
journeyman

#3261472 - 10/21/04 05:40 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

45min to an hour. Don't rush yourself too much... You only get a 1 shot at this grow if you want it by thanksgivings weekend. Gotta make sure you do everything well.

I'd normally recommend karo tek, but that could be additional risk. It's not much risk, but still is more risk... You can always start the liquid culture and start the jars all at the same time... maybe get some more jars for the liquid culture. It takes time to make liquid culture. I think it'll about break even timewise since liq cult will cost you extra time to inoculation time. I think you'll have to make that decision.

You might want to do 5 jars today and another 5 tomorrow.. just so you have 2 completely separate batches... In case of contam, you know... make sure you lable them, too. Good luck!

Sam

--------------------
Protect your civil rights!  End drug prohibition.  And if you don't care about your civil rights, protect mine!

If you want a rating from me, please PM me.  For those really newbies, don't expect an answer back, but you can try me anyways.

OfflineMoneyAddyct
Picaro
    #3261479 - 10/21/04 05:43 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Unfortunately I can't start today. I could do the Karo tek today (if I can incubate at room temp. for a few days) but I can't prepare the substrate/verm and inoculate today. My dad's coming to visit me tomorrow so I'd have to wait until Sun. when he leaves. That's why I thought if I could do the Karo tek, then I could do that today (assuming I could incubate at room temp. til Sun) since that won't take long at all (just 15 mins in PC according to scatman).

InvisibleSam1912
journeyman

#3261534 - 10/21/04 05:56 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

I can't recommend 1 way or another. I don't have any experience with karo. I'm get my results from using a lot of spore solutions. I bought prints and they gave me lots of spore solution to work with, you know. I suggest you wait for an experienced person's advice. I don't think waiting few hours would really hurt. But I do wish you good luck and let us know what happens, okay?

Good luck.

Sam

--------------------

OfflineMoneyAddyct
Picaro
    #3261549 - 10/21/04 05:58 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Definitely. Hopefully scatman will see this post. He seems to be the resident Karo guru, at least IMO.

Invisiblegeorge castanzaM
Lord Of The Idiots!
Male User Gallery
Trusted Cultivator
    #3261560 - 10/21/04 06:01 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

inoculate those Cambodians and you should have fruit( if you incubate and fruit optimally) in 35 days way easy with brf...
here is a plan...
i assume your using the PF TEK

you'll need a good incubator to keep them at 85F
and we know your going to fruit them in a pmp!  :thumbup:
3 weeks to colonize
2 weeks to fruit
i'd say that should be no prob with a good incubator and a good pod...

don't forget to dunk and roll  :shocked:

read this a couple times while incubating
and  BH's ultimate link!  :syringe:
:tongue2:

--------------------
KRAMER CAKES

OfflineMoneyAddyct
Picaro
Re: Ready in time for Thanksgiving? [Re: george castanza]
    #3261600 - 10/21/04 06:13 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Awesome. Thanks a lot. I already have a tub-in-a-tub and the makings of a PMP--I just need the Geolite. And I'll inoculate the Cambod's directly--thanks for the info.

Invisiblegeorge castanzaM
Lord Of The Idiots!
Male User Gallery
Trusted Cultivator
    #3261609 - 10/21/04 06:14 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

perlite works great in the pmp and it is real easy to find :thumbup:

--------------------
KRAMER CAKES

OfflineMoneyAddyct
Picaro
    #3261621 - 10/21/04 06:16 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

What will I need from BH's untimate link? It just provides feed stores that sell hay and such and I'm using the PF-Tek.

Also, in Magash's PF-Tek grow-log...he tapes the holes shut with electric tape and doesnt use tin foil. Is that recommended? I was always under the impression that tape was to be avoided.

InvisibleMagash
Da Bud Guru
 User Gallery

Loc: Near Hilo
Trusted Cultivator
    #3261835 - 10/21/04 06:58 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

I like to use the tape till the myc gets to about 10 to 20% of the jars surface. I fig why loose moisture when the myc hasn't started yet. (but no the tape isn't needed  :thumbup: )

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

:growingweed: Join us at the Growery! :growingweed:

OfflineMoneyAddyct
Picaro
Re: Ready in time for Thanksgiving? [Re: Magash]
    #3261908 - 10/21/04 07:17 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Would using tape help to better prevent contams (such as bacterial contamination) than the tin foil? Is regular scotch tape suitable? I'm willing to try anything so as not to be contamed again.

Edited by MoneyAddyct (10/21/04 07:18 PM)

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate