Home | Community | Message Board

NorthSpore.com BOOMR Bag!
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
InvisibleOneMoreRobot3021
Male

Loc: the sky
Thank Goodness the Sox won the World Series (seriously, ifall)
    #4040303 - 04/11/05 09:07 AM (19 years, 9 days ago)

My girlfriend's grandfather, a fucking all-around great guy and wonderful man and the root of the whole family tree, he passed away yesterday, painlessly and suddenly.  I'd only gotten to meet him once but had heard countless stories about him - when I did meet him I felt like I did about my own grandparents, like there was so much I wanted to know about him because his life seemed so different from mine, so fantastically interesting.  In his 93 years and 51 weeks on this earth though, two things happened that made his life totally worth living - he got to see the Red Sox win earlier than he could remember...and then he finally got to see it again last year.  Following the Red Sox was a huge part of his life, and Yankee fan or not, I could care less about them being beat in the ALCS by the Sox cause I'm so glad that man got to see it. RIP John Sr. :heart:

--------------------
Acid doesn't give you truths; it builds machines that push the envelope of perception. Whatever revelations came to me then have dissolved like skywriting. All I really know is that those few years saddled me with a faith in the redemptive potential of the imagination which, however flat, stale and unprofitable the world seems to me now, I cannot for the life of me shake.

-Erik Davis

Edited by OneMoreRobot3021 (04/11/05 09:26 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineBloodNOil
Captain Zeep
 User Gallery
Re: Thank Goodness the Sox won the World Series (seriously, ifall) [Re: OneMoreRobot3021]
    #4040308 - 04/11/05 09:09 AM (19 years, 9 days ago)

I have calculated that the World Series diverges.

--------------------
It's like a koala bear crapped a rainbow in my brain!

InvisibleLiz
Owl Lady
Female User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Massachusetts
Re: Thank Goodness the Sox won the World Series (seriously, ifall) [Re: OneMoreRobot3021]
    #4040375 - 04/11/05 09:30 AM (19 years, 9 days ago)

When we won last year, I got 2 voicemail messages that I saved on my cell phone that were there until they expired.  One was my former boss/best friend, Mary, and the other one was my grandfather.  Both were crying so hard that they could barely choke out the words.  Mary just said "Liz...I can't...believe it"  and hung up.  My grandfather said one word, in between tears(and I had NEVER heard him swear) "un-fucking-believeable"  I cried.  I'll admit it.  I was there when Boone hit that homerun off of wakefield, and I can tell you, it hurt in ways I can't even begin to explain.  Some people aren't sports fans, and thats fine....but those who are understand exactly what I mean.  I'm so happy your girlfriend's grandfather got to see that :heart:

--------------------
Remember, remember the fifth of November
The gunpowder treason and plot.
I see no reason why gunpowder treason
Should ever be forgot.

InvisibleOneMoreRobot3021
Male

Loc: the sky
Re: Thank Goodness the Sox won the World Series (seriously, ifall) [Re: Liz]
    #4040381 - 04/11/05 09:32 AM (19 years, 9 days ago)

Sports are like any great story...you pick your hero and watch 'im go off to do battle and it's just the same old story of conflict being retold constantly..I'm appreciating it much more these days than I ever did before. Only time I met Papa John he was wearing his red sox cap and that'll always be burned into my brain.

--------------------
Acid doesn't give you truths; it builds machines that push the envelope of perception. Whatever revelations came to me then have dissolved like skywriting. All I really know is that those few years saddled me with a faith in the redemptive potential of the imagination which, however flat, stale and unprofitable the world seems to me now, I cannot for the life of me shake.

-Erik Davis

OfflinekronnyQ
SuperstudExtraordinaire
 User Gallery

Loc: Anytown USA
    #4040460 - 04/11/05 10:02 AM (19 years, 9 days ago)

I think the BOSOX are single-handedly responsible for bringing back baseball.

After all that strike shit awhile back the entire country pretty much lost total interest.

After them winning the series, I've never seen people so interested in MLB.

Edited by kronnyQ (04/11/05 10:03 AM)

InvisibleLiz
Owl Lady
Female User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Massachusetts
Re: Thank Goodness the Sox won the World Series (seriously, ifall) [Re: kronnyQ]
    #4040468 - 04/11/05 10:06 AM (19 years, 9 days ago)

I hope the cubs fans get a chance to see their team win.

--------------------
Remember, remember the fifth of November
The gunpowder treason and plot.
I see no reason why gunpowder treason
Should ever be forgot.

Jump to top Pages: 1