Home | Community | Message Board

Edabea
Please support our sponsors.

Community >> The Pub

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Paul Stamets, Terrence McKenna

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Invisiblekeyohnah
the proverbial mind spread
Female

Telluride Mushroom Fest in Jeopardy? Needs your help!
    #17352512 - 12/07/12 10:54 PM (4 years, 3 months ago)

I hope this is okay to post here. I was browsing the Telluride subforum and noticed that yesterday this was posted. Last I checked there were only 24 views on that page but the meeting to help save the festival is steadily approaching. I figured this would get more exposure here. The more people sending their support, the better chance they have. Please don't use this as an opportunity to troll or do something immature. If you are unsure on what to write, T-ride provides a form letter at the end.

Please support this very Shroomy festival!

Quote:

T-ride_Shroomfest said:
Thursday, December 6th, 2013

Dear friends and supporters of the Telluride Mushroom Festival,

The Telluride Mushroom Festival, also known as Shroomfest, has been a festival tradition in Telluride for 32 years. Our next event will be held August 15th-18th, 2013. It is the biggest festival of its kind in the United States and offers a unique educational and festive experience to its attendees. We offer academic presentations in a conference style from cutting edge researchers, mycologists, and PhD’s around the globe. Our festival is renowned for its cooking events, world class presenters and the festival parade. We have brought in pop culture icons and notable people like Dr. Andrew Weil, Paul Stamets, Kat Harrison, Gary Lincoff, Terrence McKenna and many more. We also support grassroots organizations like Radical Mycology, the Amazon Mycorenewal Project, Amateur Mycology, and small cultivators and businesses that want to help improve our environment and educate the public. The setting for our event is compared to none in our beautiful little mountain town, and well known around the world.

All of this is in jeopardy right now. The Town of Telluride is considering booking a large music festival over the same dates as the Shroomfest, which would result in crowding, noise, and a significant loss of quality and amenities which the Shroomfest participants have come to value.

We need your help to try to avoid this outcome.

Here’s what you can do:

Attend the meeting on Tuesday Dec. 11th at 2pm in Rebekah Hall in Telluride, CO. You should try at any cost to get there and show your support for the Telluride Mushroom Festival. The more people we pack into the place the more visual will be our presence in front of the Town Council.

If you cannot attend the meeting on Tuesday, please send an email of support to the town clerk mjschillaci@telluride-co.gov by noon on Monday December 10th. CC me scott@shroomfest.com so I can keep track of how many emails of support the town is receiving.

Share this information with everyone you know. The more emails they get the stronger our message is.

In the subject line of your email please write, “I support the Telluride Mushroom Festival”
Cut and paste the paragraphs below.
And put your name at the end.

Thank you for your support of Telluride Mushroom Festival.

Scott Koch
Director, Telluride Mushroom Festival.

Dear Telluride Town Council,

I am writing to express my support of upholding the 32 year tradition of the Telluride Mushroom Festival.

I am asking you not to approve “an Exemption to Koto, from the Requirements of Telluride Municipal Code Section 11-4-20 “Advance Notice Of Impacts” For The Ride On August 16 – 18, 2013.”

The Telluride Mushroom Festival is a valuable cultural event and is unlike any other event in the community of Telluride. Allowing a major festival to be on the same dates of the festival will diminish the ability of the TMF to grow in the future and will degrade the experience for its festival attendees.

The Telluride Mushroom Festival represents more than just a history of presence in Telluride, it represents the entire mycological community across the globe. It offers year round educational programming in the community and has built long standing relationships in Telluride and around the world. It offers a way for grassroots mycologists and academics alike to share their knowledge in a public forum for the benefit of humanity and the environment.

Thank you for considering my voice in this process.

Sincerely,

View the original post and show your support: http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/17352494/vc/1#17352494

--------------------
"Go placidly amid the noise and haste, and remember what peace there may be in silence. As far as possible, without surrender, be on good terms with all persons. Speak your truth quietly and clearly; and listen to others, even to the dull and the ignorant, they too have their story."

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisible4runner
 User Gallery

Loc: State of Jefferson
Re: Telluride Mushroom Fest in Jeopardy? Needs your help! [Re: keyohnah]
    #17352577 - 12/07/12 11:11 PM (4 years, 3 months ago)

Mushrooms and music can not co-exist.

Invisiblekeyohnah
Female

Re: Telluride Mushroom Fest in Jeopardy? Needs your help! [Re: 4runner]
    #17352601 - 12/07/12 11:17 PM (4 years, 3 months ago)

Of course they can co-exist but it's a matter of the musical festival disrupting a 32 year old tradition. Telluride has had some musical acts in the past but to book another, bigger and unrelated festival during the same time will certainly be a blow to integrity of Telluride.

I'm always down for a music festival but it shouldn't be scheduled during the same time.

--------------------
"Go placidly amid the noise and haste, and remember what peace there may be in silence. As far as possible, without surrender, be on good terms with all persons. Speak your truth quietly and clearly; and listen to others, even to the dull and the ignorant, they too have their story."

InvisibleShroomopotamusS
Buy Nintendo
Female User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Funkotron
    #17352667 - 12/07/12 11:33 PM (4 years, 3 months ago)

I didnt read that much yet because I have to shit
but why not just change the date?

--------------------
:dancingbear: :dancingbear:
Live by the mushroom, die by the mushroom
:mushroom2::rainbowdrink:
This is a trap! A trap! You are all busted! Busted! You fools!
:twirlyface:
If a time comes where I fail to appear I've been abducted and I will miss you all
Please smile and pet puppies as often as possible
Be happy
Be nice
(<3);}

Invisiblekeyohnah
Female

Re: Telluride Mushroom Fest in Jeopardy? Needs your help! [Re: Shroomopotamus]
    #17352686 - 12/07/12 11:36 PM (4 years, 3 months ago)

Just for the record, I have no official affiliation with the festival -- just trying to get exposure for it since the Telluride subforum isn't frequented nearly as much as The Pub. I went once and found it to be amazing. I can't really picture how it would be nearly the same with a larger, louder festival happening at the same time.

Any specific questions would probably be better addressed on the original post or towards T-ride.

--------------------

Invisible4runner
 User Gallery

Loc: State of Jefferson
    #17352691 - 12/07/12 11:37 PM (4 years, 3 months ago)

Just for the record.... :stirthepot:

Invisiblekeyohnah
Female

#17372180 - 12/11/12 06:11 AM (4 years, 3 months ago)

The meeting is today at 2pm! If you can't attend, please send out an email in support!

--------------------

InvisibleShroomopotamusS
Buy Nintendo
Female User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Funkotron
Re: Telluride Mushroom Fest in Jeopardy? Needs your help! [Re: keyohnah] * 1
    #17372182 - 12/11/12 06:13 AM (4 years, 3 months ago)

I just sent mine in a little bit ago
Hoping a decent amount of others did as well :thumbup:

--------------------
:dancingbear: :dancingbear:
Live by the mushroom, die by the mushroom
:mushroom2::rainbowdrink:
This is a trap! A trap! You are all busted! Busted! You fools!
:twirlyface:
If a time comes where I fail to appear I've been abducted and I will miss you all
Please smile and pet puppies as often as possible
Be happy
Be nice
(<3);}

Invisiblekeyohnah
Female

Re: Telluride Mushroom Fest in Jeopardy? Needs your help! [Re: Shroomopotamus]
    #17373076 - 12/11/12 11:15 AM (4 years, 3 months ago)

Me too especially since the meeting is today. I suppose we'll find out how it was received soon enough!

--------------------

OfflineSoreSpore
Loc: Halfway there...
    #17373103 - 12/11/12 11:23 AM (4 years, 3 months ago)

I don't understand why it would make a difference. If anything, it would attract more headies to the festivities.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Paul Stamets, Terrence McKenna

Community >> The Pub