Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Viewing thescientist's Ratings (8 General: 3.8 4.0 | 4 Trade: 5.0 ) Display: [ All | General | Trade ]  Sort: [ Rating | User | Date ]
[ See Ratings by thescientist ] [ Rating Stats ] Pages: 1
Offlineimachavel
I loved and lost but I loved-ftw
Male User Gallery

Loc: You get banned for saying that
for this advice
04/11/14 10:26 PM

"Like many things, it is better to know than to guess, especially when dispensing advice.

Methanol is produced through the anaerobic fermentation of fibers (pectin etc) by yeast. If your mash has very little fiber, your product will have very little methanol. Most mashes have very little fiber. Mashes with more fiber than usual are fruit based. For example, apple, apricot and similar based mashes will have more, but not a ton of fiber and therefore produce more methanol. The temperature at fermentation will not influence the production of methanol significantly. "

My main question of course is this:

if apples contain tons of fibers that are fermented by yeast and the bi-product is methanol how is apple wine made? By removing all fruit tannins prior to fermenting?

thescientist responded on 03/16/15 03:27 AM:

Most booze contains small amounts of methanol, including beer, ciders, wine and so on.

If you press your apples, you will effectively remove the pulp and other bits while harvesting the juice primarily.

Shouldn't be a problem.
The still and storage vessels are of greatest concern, as are safety precautions.

Always have a fire extinguisher very handy.

OfflinepsilocybinjunkieM
relaxin
Male

Get over yourself.
11/23/13 06:02 PM

Do not tell me to think of my role in a community i've been a part of for over 12 years you clown. I have every right to state my opinion, as do all members and staffers. You dislike my comment on a micro dose, so that means I don't contribute things of merit to the members? You've been here 11 or so years and have 3 trade ratings and little to no giveaways or contests. The person who isn't being helpful here is you.

Less than a gram is a worthless dose, I don't care if you agree with that or not. Not one reason for you to be such a prick about it, nonetheless you are. Work more on contributing some tangible things to others here, instead of just baseless criticism, on comments your self absorbed mind disapproves of.

thescientist responded on 03/16/15 03:21 AM:

Reeks of ego and insecurity.

Invisiblekoraks

Cool work
03/25/11 11:18 AM

you've been doing (promoting agridiversity sustainability). Keep it up :thumbup:
InvisibleGumby
Fishnologist
 User Gallery

Thanks!
02/06/11 10:01 PM

Someone else posted the articles, but thanks a million for offering to help. I love it when other Shroomery members help each other out expecting nothing more than a rating on a website. You're a good guy in my book.
Invisiblevinsue
Grand Old Fart
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Garden State(NJ) Flag
time for
10/11/09 11:57 AM

5 more...:voila:
OfflineRedstorm
Prince of Bugs
Male

Grow up
12/17/08 09:07 PM

and then come back and talk with the adults.
OfflineSkeeblix
Dave Thomas
Male

Loc: Wendy's
Fucking-a right
07/30/08 05:37 AM

You come into a fucked up thread in OTD and call us all brilliant. What more needs to be said? You just "get" it in the way that so many stuck up people The Pube don't.
Invisiblesucklesworth
Lick me where Ipee

Loc: If I was up yer ass you'd...
double
01/28/04 04:30 PM

posting is funny and rad
Pages: 1

Copyright 1997-2024 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.016 seconds spending 0.002 seconds on 6 queries.