Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | Next > | Last >
InvisibleMateja
 Unread Journal User Gallery

Loc: Here
Water Tub Tek for fruiting BRF cakes * 39
    #26601054 - 04/14/20 04:54 PM (3 years, 10 months ago)

This is a simpler version of The Humidity Chamber but it's basically the exact same principle.

Quote:

Mateja said:
After having dunked your colonized cakes for 24h rinse them off quickly and then use hydrated coir to coat the cakes around the sides and on the top. This outer layer should be roughly 5-10mm thick, and the coir shouldn't easily fall of, don't be afraid to press the coir firmly into place when needed, the cakes can handle it just try to make the coir layer around the same thickness for all the cakes. How it can look:

When all cakes have been coated in coir place them in any Water Tub that works for you, as long as it's a 6 sided container with a lid that closes fully. Place a cookie rack or glass jars inside the tub for your cakes sit on and add 1Inch of water. Place the lid back on fully to restrict FAE as much as possible and within hours the fully saturated environment will already have triggered regeneration in all colonies. For as long as >99% humidity is maintained the colony will keep regenerating new myc from all over the surface regardless of whether it has a coir layer to grab on to or not. Here are a few pics to show the transformation after ~48h in a closed Water Tub:

At this point the cakes are ready to fruit so now we'll spray gently 2-3times from at least >3feet above or higher and immediately after I usually stick my head in to take a close look before deciding to give it 3 more sprays and then I inspect again and repeat until I've achieved surface conditions as seen in these pics these pics are the same 3 cakes as in pics above, before and after misting for easy comparison:

After surface conditions like these have been achieved then cakes are ready to go into fruiting conditions which is simply just creating small openings on top by slightly offsetting the lid to leave small openings a few square centimeters per top corned. Looks like this

FAE will cause evaporation to occur slowly so in about 1-5 days you'll need to gently mist to replace the amount of droplets that have vanished in the course of the days.

Edited by Mateja (02/03/22 06:34 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibleeatyualive
Eat's You Alive :)
 User Gallery

Loc: In Your Head
Trusted Cultivator
OG Cultivator
Re: Water Tub Tek for fruiting BRF cakes [Re: Mateja] * 2
    #26601111 - 04/14/20 05:17 PM (3 years, 10 months ago)

I been doing something similar with certain varieties of PE where I float the sub in standing water and refill to keep the depth 1 inch. These are extremely water craving varieties though.

--------------------
EAT GETS SHIT DONE

:flame::chief:JOIN THE POW WOW:chief::flame:

Edited by eatyualive (04/15/20 10:49 AM)

OfflineMachiavelliavore
Vermiculite Hater
 User Gallery

Loc: The Sporetorn States
Re: Water Tub Tek for fruiting BRF cakes [Re: eatyualive]
    #26601247 - 04/14/20 06:27 PM (3 years, 10 months ago)

Man, that's pretty fucking cool.  Often times PF cakes seem like they can barely get a few pins off an all there resources go into them, those pinsets look reaaaal nice.  Not quite fahster level, but reaaaal nice.

--------------------

I spawned some popcorn casings and had double-overlay cause I didn't put enough hydrogen peroxide in my automated aquarium mister.  I only got one mushroom so I cut off the head part where the seeds fall from and put it in a jar of LC and sprayed it all over a tin of PF cakes I made with gravel, cardboard, and bisquick in my microwave.  I think it will be good cause B+ is so potent.
Triggered yet?

Only a square would say "a cube is a cube."

No, this does not look right...

InvisibleMateja

Re: Water Tub Tek for fruiting BRF cakes [Re: Machiavelliavore] * 1
    #26601486 - 04/14/20 07:53 PM (3 years, 10 months ago)

A cake can only support so many fruits to maturity, even fewer to 'full grown' and to maturity. But I guess as long as there's conditions for a healthy pinset and healthy development there are chances for half-full to full flush per cake and that's more than good enough results for me and my skill level :shrug: But some of the densest pinsets are Ime often the most unimpressive, I like 'normal' pinsets, not too dense.

--------------------
Cakes inside Water Tub

OfflineJaboka
Kos... or some say Kosm?
 User Gallery

Loc: IC 1101
Re: Water Tub Tek for fruiting BRF cakes [Re: Mateja]
    #26602204 - 04/15/20 06:58 AM (3 years, 10 months ago)

great post!

This is my 1st time doing cakes actually. Before i did invitro and stones only.

COVID got me unprepared. So i do this water tub tek - no humidity meter nothing.

You say you give them spray once i day. I really don't know how much should i spray them, so i do a little in the morning and at night.

Its day 3 and no new pings have shown signs of life lol hope i didn't screw it up.

--------------------
Hunters with their dogs and deer rifles; thousands of them line the pavement; like patient pupae waiting to become worms.

OfflineDomno
Magician
 User Gallery

Re: Water Tub Tek for fruiting BRF cakes [Re: Jaboka]
    #26602229 - 04/15/20 07:16 AM (3 years, 10 months ago)

So between the humidity chamber tek and the water tub tek, which one seems to be giving better results?

InvisibleHtaeh
Immortal
Male

Re: Water Tub Tek for fruiting BRF cakes [Re: Domno]
    #26602258 - 04/15/20 07:34 AM (3 years, 10 months ago)

Love the addition of the twigs, looks awesome. I've had huge success with PF tek in the past, one set of 20 cakes lasted me a year of consistent fruiting, only two were half pints. I found the fruiting process quite flexible, mist once a day and a fan once or twice, sometimes if I was unsure of the RH I'd hang some damp kitchen roll somewhere in there for good measure.

--------------------
"To write is to wage war" ~ Voltaire
"The Drug Medical System cannot bear examination. To explain it would be to destroy it.." ~ R.T. Trall M.D.
"A single lie destroys a whole reputation for integrity." ~ Baltasar Gracian (1601-1658), Spanish philosopher 
"We'll know our disinformation program is complete when everything the US public believes is false."  ~  William J. Casey, 1981
"Fear always works to influence the population, when the population is uneducated."
"The secret of freedom lies in educating people, the secret of tyranny is in keeping them ignorant." ~  Maximilien Robespierre
"Knowledge makes a man unfit to be a slave."  ~  Frederick Douglass

OfflinecronicrFacebook
 User Gallery

Loc: Van Isle Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Water Tub Tek for fruiting BRF cakes [Re: Htaeh] * 1
    #26602345 - 04/15/20 08:32 AM (3 years, 10 months ago)

the vegetation will mold

--------------------

It doesn't matter what i think of you...all that matters is clean spawn

I'm tired do me a favor

OfflineJaboka
Kos... or some say Kosm?
 User Gallery

Re: Water Tub Tek for fruiting BRF cakes [Re: Domno]
    #26602363 - 04/15/20 08:41 AM (3 years, 10 months ago)

i think its best to invest on humidity meter.

never seen only water tub "FC". Mateah shows great results with it, so i'll trust him when he says its sufficient method.

If you are interested in in vitro, check this post by Violet - if you are trying to maintain low-key grow.
https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/19552215

Good luck!

--------------------
Hunters with their dogs and deer rifles; thousands of them line the pavement; like patient pupae waiting to become worms.

Edited by Jaboka (04/15/20 08:49 AM)

InvisibleMateja

#26602484 - 04/15/20 09:33 AM (3 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Jaboka said:
You say you give them spray once i day. I really don't know how much should i spray them, so i do a little in the morning and at night.

Did you roll your cakes in verm? Could you post a pic of your setup and a close 6p of the cakes so I can see how the microclimate looks? I'll post a video later to show how I use the spray bottle and how much I mist.

Quote:

cronicr said:
the vegetation will mold

The Pachira 'Aquatica' thrives in very high humidity, and the cutlings seem to be doing well after I took em out last night when I flushed the cakes.
Tho the random sticks I put inside that I took from the outside bush started to get soggy and rot pretty fast so I won't be putting more of those in the tub. But I'm excited to see for the next round how the coming cutlings will do in the Water Tub when insode for more than a couple of weeks.

Quote:

Jaboka said:

A hygrometer will tell you nothing, only visual inspection of the cakes can tell you how they're doing and if they need misting or not :thumbup:

--------------------
Cakes inside Water Tub

Offlinepoisoned
untitled
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: Yurop
Re: Water Tub Tek for fruiting BRF cakes [Re: Jaboka] * 1
    #26602599 - 04/15/20 10:29 AM (3 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Jaboka said:

Those things are usually shit at humidities that are relevant to our hobby. They also don't measure close to the surface, so even if they weren't shit, they're irrelevant.

--------------------
How I do glass dishes

OfflineJaboka
Kos... or some say Kosm?
 User Gallery

Re: Water Tub Tek for fruiting BRF cakes [Re: poisoned]
    #26602615 - 04/15/20 10:36 AM (3 years, 10 months ago)

hmmm it did the job for me when i started. More like a compass if things get too dry. But i see you guys' points.

--------------------

Offlinepoisoned
untitled

#26602634 - 04/15/20 10:44 AM (3 years, 10 months ago)

Btw, does your username have anything to do with apples?

--------------------
How I do glass dishes

OfflineSockadin
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #26602642 - 04/15/20 10:47 AM (3 years, 10 months ago)

Cool Tek Meteah. Can you post a sticky in the original op of that video you did. It way pretty nice to see it from all angles.

OfflineJaboka
Kos... or some say Kosm?
 User Gallery

Re: Water Tub Tek for fruiting BRF cakes [Re: Mateja] * 1
    #26602647 - 04/15/20 10:48 AM (3 years, 10 months ago)

Here is my "set up". Didn't even have a new container, so i used the one for inoculation, patched the wholes with some Gorilla duck tape lol

waiting on the "lmao"s, guys

--------------------

OfflineJaboka
Kos... or some say Kosm?
 User Gallery

#26602650 - 04/15/20 10:49 AM (3 years, 10 months ago)

No haha

Its a way to say "frog" in my language.

--------------------

Offlinepoisoned
untitled

#26602666 - 04/15/20 10:55 AM (3 years, 10 months ago)

That's funny, because it means apples in my language  :lol:

--------------------
How I do glass dishes

InvisibleMateja

#26602830 - 04/15/20 12:08 PM (3 years, 10 months ago)

Mine too lol means apple

Quote:

Jaboka said:

My cakes are currently being dunked so I have no substrates to mist but I'll demonstrate my misting technique on these cutlings instead. I have no clue about the deign of every individuals spray bottle and I don't know what you mean by 'misting a little' 'misting a lot' all I can do is show how I do it, and what I look for in the visual inspection. I basically want miniature droplets to form on top of the substrates and the droplets should be visible for 12-24h and when they've visibly decreased I mist some more. Anyway this is how I'd mist my BRF cakes, but I'm misting plants :thumbup:

And this is how the micro climate looks on the substrate surface look most of the time during fruiting conditions.
Zoom in on the pics to see clearly

Edited by Mateja (04/15/20 12:11 PM)

InvisibleMateja

#26602855 - 04/15/20 12:22 PM (3 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Jaboka said:
Here is my "set up". Didn't even have a new container, so i used the one for inoculation, patched the wholes with some Gorilla duck tape lol

waiting on the "lmao"s, guys

You can trim down the foil to the edge of the cake, but what are those substrates? Looks more like a qt of grain spawn? I asked if you rolled in verm but you never answered (I'm assuming you're fruiting BRF cakes?

Quote:

Sockadin said:
Cool Tek Meteah. Can you post a sticky in the original op of that video you did. It way pretty nice to see it from all angles.

Thanks man, I'm glad you liked it :hatsoff:

--------------------
Cakes inside Water Tub

Edited by Mateja (04/15/20 12:32 PM)

OfflineJaboka
Kos... or some say Kosm?
 User Gallery

Re: Water Tub Tek for fruiting BRF cakes [Re: Mateja]
    #26602925 - 04/15/20 12:50 PM (3 years, 10 months ago)

these  substrates are the verm layers of the BRF cakes (you know, people put it as a filter).

Didn't rolled in anything, yoloed them. No verm - nothing.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | Next > | Last >

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds