Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleTranscendingLife
I Don't Need a Life to Live
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
How TL Makes His Lids (Grain, 1/4 Pint Agar & "No-Tilt" LC Lids) (PICTURE HEAVY) * 11
    #14186384 - 03/26/11 11:35 AM (13 years, 6 days ago)

This Tek displays my lid making procedure for all style of lids. Grains, Agar (for isolates using ¼ pint jars) and “no-tilt” LC lids.  I’ll start with grain lids then move to Agar and show you how to change an Agar lid into a “No-Tilt” LC lid, which is quite easy.

Link to My Journal Page

Example of jars (from left to right):

1/4 Pint Wide-Mouth jar, 1/2 Pint Wide-Mouth jar, 1 Pint Wide-Mouth Jar & 1 Quart Wide-Mouth Jar:

GRAIN LID DESIGN:

Supplies:
- (1) WIDE Mouth Jar Lids (ALL of my Lid teks Require WIDE Mouth Canning jars); Quart or Pint Jars to match Quantity.
- (1) Drill
- (1) ¼” (Inoculation Hole) & 3/8” (GE Hole) Forstner Drill Bits (Any Drill bit will due, but Forstners are the best IMHO for lids)
- (1) Tube Red RTV Silicone (Any Silicone rated @ or above 350 degrees Fahrenheit is good, because 15 PSI = 250 F. I prefer the RTV Red, however.)
- (1) Synthetic Filter Disks, cut to size. (All Pictures in this Tek are of 100mm SFDs.  See the end of the post for why I ONLY use SFDs & Whatmans.)
- (1) Measuring Tape (Rulers work too)
- (1) Pair of Scissors, for cutting Disks (Not Pictured)
- (1) Disposable Glove (Optional)
- (1) Sharpie/Marker (Optional)

Pre-Construction
1. Smoke a bowl and/or have a beer (if you don’t smoke nor drink, skip this step).
Construction:
1. Put your Lid on a scrap piece of wood & load your drill w/ the ¼” bit, which is your Inoculation hole.
2. Grip your Lid tight & press the drill into the lid, not hard but w/ solid pressure as to not let it slip. I place the inoculation hole about ½” from the interior lip of the lid. It doesn’t need to be exact. It’s all a feel thing on how you inoculate your grain jars.
3. Start your drill to full speed & press (with the same amount of pressure as above) into the lid. You’ll feel the drill + bit doing the work. If you get over zealous, the lid will tear a bit, and you’ll have jagged edges.
a. Please keep this fact in mind when drilling all holes for Lids in this Tek, as I use the same drilling technique for ALL of my lids.
4. Remove the ¼” bit & replace w the 3/8” Bit.
5. Repeat Steps 2 & 3. However, I put this hole more towards the center about an Inch from the Interior lip of the lid.

6. Now trace circles on your SFD w/ two edges of each circle overlapping & another hitting the edge of the SFD. You don’t need any exact measurements; just make sure it’s enough to cover the 3/8” GE hole plus a little, because we don’t want our silicone on the Exposed Underside of the SFD. It’d restrict GE.

7. Cut Along the Lines to make your circles. Here’s a Comparison Picture

8. Gently Dab a Fine line of RTV silicone around the outer most edge of your SFD. (I wear gloves, because I hate having that silicone feeling on my fingers for hours after & gloves are cleaner.)

9. Press Down the SFD eyeballing the center to the center of the GE hole. Then, lift your finger & press in an outward circular motion from the center to the edge, which pushes the silicone to the exterior of the SFD.

10. As for the Self-Healing inoculation point, I like to dab a bit around the edge of the hole then slowly fill in the center from the underside first. Once I’ve got a good amount on the underside (as to not see any holes,) I flip it over and repeat. I swirl upwards at the end of the topside for a center location marker and cut it flat once it’s cured/dry.

AGAR LID DESIGN:

Supplies:
- (1) ¼ Pint Wide Mouth (You’ll see why it HAS to be WM in the next section) canning jar
- (1) Drill
- (1) ¼”  (Inoculation Hole) & 11/64” (Whatman Hole) Drill Bits (Forstners preferred, but I use a normal steel/wood bit for the GE hole)
- (1) Tube of Properly Rated Silicone
- (1) Whatman (I use 13mm .22um, please keep the diameter in mind when drilling the GE hole, as this tek is for 13mm not the larger type)
- (1) Sharpie/Marker (Optional)

Pre-Construction
1. Smoke a bowl and/or have a beer (if you don’t smoke nor drink, skip this step).

***SPECIAL NOTE: PLEASE IGNORE THE EXTRA HOLE IN THE LID IN THESE PICTURES!!! The Extra Hole is Explained in the Next Section

Construction:
1. Put your Lid on a scrap piece of wood & load your drill w/ the ¼” bit, which is your Inoculation hole.
2. See Steps 2 – 3 Above.
3. Remove the ¼” Bit & Replace w/ the 11/64” Bit.
4. See Steps 2-3 Above. I put this hole in same Location as my Grain Design.

5. Dab some Silicone around the Underside of the Stem of the Whatman.
a. Don’t put it over the Hole where the end of the Whatman is going to go through, because the silicone will go into the bottom of it; Plugging it.

6. Push & Twist the Whatman into place by bracing the underside of the hole w/ your free hand. Again, I urge you to not Force it. Work patiently, not Sloppily.

7. See Step Ten in my Grain Lid Design.

“NO-TILT” LIQUID CULTURE LID DESIGN:

**Now I will show you how to turn my “Agar Lid” into an LC lid.
***I first got this Idea from

Morelman in this thread

I liked his idea, but felt I could improvise a bit on the design & make it easier (or requiring less hardware).

Supplies:
- (1) “TranscendingLife’s ¼ Pint Agar Lid Design”
- (1) Gripping Pliers
- (1) Drill
- (1) Dremel Tool W/ Cutting Attachment (Or an Equivalent/Better Option for cutting SS tubing)
- (1) 3/16” Bit for the Stainless Steel Tubing Hole in Lid
- (1) 5/32” 304 or 316 Stainless Steel Tubing (Length To Be Determined by Quantity Needed.)  We use SS Tubing, because it is extremely Durable, wont’ Rust quickly & Handles the Temp. of the PC @ 15 PSI.
- (1) Tube of Properly Rated Silicone
- (1) Sharpie/Marker

Pre-Construction
Construction:
1. Put your Lid on a scrap piece of wood & load your drill w/ the 3/16” bit.
2. Grip your Lid tight & press the drill into the lid, not hard but w/ solid pressure as to not let it slip. I place this hole as close to the lip as I can, about ¼” from it. I ensure that the tubing will go to the deepest part of the jar by placing it here.
3. See Step 3 of “Grain Lid Design.”
4. Measure your Tubing:
a. 4” + a Little (no more than 3/8”) for PINT jars.
b. 6” + a Little (no more than 3/8”) for QUART jars.
5. Mark the spot w/ your Sharpie.
6. Cut w/ the Dremel Tool. I cut a line in the marked spot then gradually work towards the opposite side cutting through the tube, using the initial Cut as my guide.
7. Once the Tubing is cut to size, Quickly (no need to Rush It, you just want to utilize the heat you’ve created in the steel) Slice a Notch about 1/8” to 1/4” Deep into the Center of the end that you just Cut away from, or not the factory cut end of the Tube.
a. If, you’re in the center portion or Between two cut pieces, Cut away from the most Recent side that cutting was performed on, as to help w/ the Notching of the Tubing due to the heat retention of the steel.

8. While the tubing is still Warm from Cutting/Notching, Bend the Notched Sides of the Tubing W/ Pliers to 90 Degrees.  The objective here is to mimic, as Closely as we can, the bend of the lid w/ the lip of the Tubing. However, it’s not that Big of a deal if we don’t.
a. DON’T STRESS OVER THE PREVIOUS TWO STEPS!! ALL WILL BE CORRECTED W/ SILICONE SHORTLY.
***NOTE: If you’re not changing the Agar Lid to a “no-tilt” lid, See my Agar Lid Construction Above. I Silicone my Whatman & Inoculation Point Before Siliconing in the Tubing.

9. Dab a Healthy Slug of Silicone just Under the Base of the Lipped Tubing. I run the tube in a 360 Degree motion while dabbing silicone on it.

10. Place the Strait end of the Tubing in the 3/16” Hole & PULL it down from under the Lid w/ you free hand. Pull until snug, while Bracing the Underside of the lid w/ Your free Hand.
a. You’ll see that the Tube will snag a bit to where you can readjust to support the lid w/ your free hand. Or you can just let it drop, once the tubing is secured in the hole, gently press on top of it, setting it in place.

11. Seal the top of the SS Tubing w/ Silicone, leaving no gaps between the lid & tubing. You shouldn’t be able to see the tubing anymore.
a. Don’t go overboard if Pushing silicone directly into the Tubing, because, if you go too deep, your needle won’t be able pull your LC out. I just apply the Silicone like I do on my Inoculation Points.

12. Dab some Silicone around the SS Tubing Under the Lid, making a complete seal w/ the lid. You may want a toothpick or Q-tip to apply it. I wear a glove when doing this; thus, I just use my finger.

Here are My jars in action:

<--ATL#7
<-- Dancing Tiger
<--PE6 Clone from Pin
<--Z Strain LC
<--Enoki Golds using Grain lids (PF tek no Dry Verm Layer)

The Army:

OK. Now for why I won't Use anything But SFDs or Whatmans:

First, check 13Shrooms Journal here

Pros of SFDs:
1. You never have to replace the filter; the lid will wear out before it.  Therefore, when your lid is done, you just cut the RTV w/ a razor/knife under it & reapply it to a new prepped lid.
2. You DON'T have to put foil over your lids when PCing. This saves time, money & effort.
3. If you prep your SFDs like I do in this tek, you get 5-6 Filters per 1.  Therefore, per lid it's about 15-20 cents. Not that expensive at all. When I first started in mycology I purchased 48 100mm SFDs. I still have 12 sitting around, yet to be cut.
Cons of Polyfil or Tyvek:
1. You have to replace it almost every time.
2. You have to use Foil over your lids when PCing.
3. They're not good as filters.

***I'm not going to discuss SFDs vs. Polyfil/Tyvek in this thread, so please abstain from doing so, as I feel I've explained why I will ONLY use SFDs, and why I tell others to ONLY use them.

UPDATE - Cheap Lid Filter Substitute for SFDs Using EZ-Felt Via Barakanatens Tek HERE

As always, if I forgot anything, or if anything is unclear, please let me know as I will explain the procedure in more detail through editing of this tek.

--------------------
AMU: We Quickly Answer Questions Here
"One must accept the probability of failure to experience the elation of success." - TranscendingLife
“A man of genius makes no mistakes; his errors are volitional and are the portals of discovery.” - James Joyce
:sporedrop::sporedrop::mushroomgrow::sporedrop::sporedrop::wow:How I Do EVERYTHING:wow::sporedrop::sporedrop::mushroomgrow::sporedrop::sporedrop:
"Your vision will become clear only when you can look into your own heart…. Who looks outside, dreams; who looks inside, awakes."- Carl Jung
"Anything that can be done chemically can be done by other means."- William S. Burroughs
"You are as dead now as you will ever be" - Seth

Edited by TranscendingLife (11/05/11 01:56 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineRoyalPalm
a passerby
 User Gallery

Re: How Todlow Makes His Lids (Grain, 1/4 Pint Agar & "No-Tilt" LC Lids) (PICTURE HEAVY) [Re: TranscendingLife]
    #14186583 - 03/26/11 12:25 PM (13 years, 6 days ago)

is easy felt the same as SFDs ?

--------------------
:heart: spread the love :heart:
:bow2: www.khanacademy.org :bow2: www.daveconservatoire.org :bow2:
Quality Dream Catchers(any size you want & many very creative shapes) Flower head bands
Hemp, Leather, and Synthetic fiber slings (stone throwers) for sale/trade.PM for details
Learn more about the ancient art at www.slinging.org
Ps. RC vendor/ review/ forum invite porfavor ?

Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: How Todlow Makes His Lids (Grain, 1/4 Pint Agar & "No-Tilt" LC Lids) (PICTURE HEAVY) [Re: RoyalPalm]
    #14186668 - 03/26/11 12:47 PM (13 years, 6 days ago)

No, but it does work the same. There are several shroomerites that use it on here.

I know there's a specific type you want, but IDK exactly what type it is. Lol...

I think it's the thicker kind you want, but I :justdontknow:

--------------------
"One must accept the probability of failure to experience the elation of success." - TranscendingLife
“A man of genius makes no mistakes; his errors are volitional and are the portals of discovery.” - James Joyce
:sporedrop::sporedrop::mushroomgrow::sporedrop::sporedrop::wow:How I Do EVERYTHING:wow::sporedrop::sporedrop::mushroomgrow::sporedrop::sporedrop:
"Your vision will become clear only when you can look into your own heart…. Who looks outside, dreams; who looks inside, awakes."- Carl Jung
"Anything that can be done chemically can be done by other means."- William S. Burroughs

OfflineProfessorPinHead
Trapped in the Archives....
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: F=G*m_1*m_2/r^2 Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: How Todlow Makes His Lids (Grain, 1/4 Pint Agar & "No-Tilt" LC Lids) (PICTURE HEAVY) [Re: TranscendingLife]
    #14186702 - 03/26/11 12:56 PM (13 years, 6 days ago)

Get em' Bro!
--------------------
..... :minigun:
-------------------------------
Fuck Yea!

Edited by ProfessorPinHead (03/26/11 01:34 PM)

OfflineRoyalPalm
a passerby
 User Gallery

Re: How Todlow Makes His Lids (Grain, 1/4 Pint Agar & "No-Tilt" LC Lids) (PICTURE HEAVY) [Re: ProfessorPinHead]
    #14186870 - 03/26/11 01:31 PM (13 years, 6 days ago)

haha no matter ,ill just purchase the actual SFDs since their that cheap

--------------------
:heart: spread the love :heart:
:bow2: www.khanacademy.org :bow2: www.daveconservatoire.org :bow2:
Quality Dream Catchers(any size you want & many very creative shapes) Flower head bands
Hemp, Leather, and Synthetic fiber slings (stone throwers) for sale/trade.PM for details
Learn more about the ancient art at www.slinging.org
Ps. RC vendor/ review/ forum invite porfavor ?

Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: How Todlow Makes His Lids (Grain, 1/4 Pint Agar & "No-Tilt" LC Lids) (PICTURE HEAVY) [Re: RoyalPalm]
    #14186900 - 03/26/11 01:39 PM (13 years, 6 days ago)

Well, they're $12 for 12...not really "cheap" but when you get 5-6 lids per SFD it breaks down to being pretty cheap.

--------------------

Offline3n1gm4
3N!9M4T!C
 User Gallery

Loc: The Downside of Up
    #14187756 - 03/26/11 04:45 PM (13 years, 6 days ago)

Wow, that is nice, thanks TL.:awesomenod::thumbup:

--------------------
http://www.shroomery.org/6257/Magic-Mushroom-Dosage-CalculatorLOL when you zoom in to try to read my sig pics you will get lost in the crystal forrest of ghanni!

InvisibleGreendreams

Re: How Todlow Makes His Lids (Grain, 1/4 Pint Agar & "No-Tilt" LC Lids) (PICTURE HEAVY) *DELETED* [Re: 3n1gm4]
    #14187973 - 03/26/11 05:33 PM (13 years, 6 days ago)

Post deleted by Greendreams

Reason for deletion: .

OfflineOneU

Re: How Todlow Makes His Lids (Grain, 1/4 Pint Agar & "No-Tilt" LC Lids) (PICTURE HEAVY) [Re: Greendreams]
    #14190030 - 03/27/11 01:04 AM (13 years, 6 days ago)

Three questions:

1) You use the silicone to close off the inoc points? What do you do after you have inoc'd? Tape over?

2) Do you do this before you sterilize in pot/pc and is it safe with that kind of heat? (I do not know my silicone...)

3) Could I do the micro pore tape method for the inoc holes after the silicone is pierced with sterile syringe?

Also, thank you for this informative post :-)

Offline3n1gm4
3N!9M4T!C
 User Gallery

Re: How Todlow Makes His Lids (Grain, 1/4 Pint Agar & "No-Tilt" LC Lids) (PICTURE HEAVY) [Re: OneU]
    #14190068 - 03/27/11 01:12 AM (13 years, 6 days ago)

You just pull out the needle it is self healing, and you get the red high temperature RTV silicone from an auto section or place, it will dry while you PC so you don't have to wait for the whole 24 hours.

--------------------
http://www.shroomery.org/6257/Magic-Mushroom-Dosage-CalculatorLOL when you zoom in to try to read my sig pics you will get lost in the crystal forrest of ghanni!

InvisibleWise Toad
 User Gallery

Re: How Todlow Makes His Lids (Grain, 1/4 Pint Agar & "No-Tilt" LC Lids) (PICTURE HEAVY) [Re: 3n1gm4]
    #14190453 - 03/27/11 03:53 AM (13 years, 6 days ago)

Very nice TL, this is exactly what I was looking for since I just received my SFDs and had no idea how the measurements/cutting would work. Much better than paint suit tyvek for sure/the no tilt lids will make dealing with all my GLCs much easier. Ill can go add this and your SAB tek to the most informative links post if your ok with that, either way it should be done; every noob should start out with state of the art equipment that's also a great long term investment.

On another note I ended up getting a rack for my SAB thursday, found a perfect roast rack at ace hardware.

I plan to make a lot of modifications to my SAB's design; Im getting a much bigger box first off(modified with your SAB tek of course).
Will soon buy some tacky mats and cut them to fit the bottom of the SAB so that, as the air settles, the contams riding it will be immobilized by the mat.

I thought of this after I tried using the paper towels at the bottom below the rack and wanted a more efficient/perminant device. Perhaps It would eliminate the need for the rack all together as sticky mats used for myco work have been reported to eliminate cross contamination between jars which means that there would be little chance of contams getting on the jars even if the jars are sitting right on top of them. I might silicone it to the bottom; what type of silicone should I use?

I also hope to get a small spray bottle like the one RR uses in "lets grow mushrooms that sprays downwards into your hands to quickly and effortlessly sanitize gloves, I just can't figure out where to get one of that specific kind. Sorry if I went :offtopicman:

Anyway congrats on the awesome tek :yourock:

Edited by Wise Toad (03/27/11 03:59 AM)

Invisiblebiologys
Mycologist in Trainning
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Re: How Todlow Makes His Lids (Grain, 1/4 Pint Agar & "No-Tilt" LC Lids) (PICTURE HEAVY) [Re: Wise Toad]
    #14190474 - 03/27/11 04:08 AM (13 years, 6 days ago)

i just trace out a quarter and get 6-7 filters from 1 disc.

Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: How Todlow Makes His Lids (Grain, 1/4 Pint Agar & "No-Tilt" LC Lids) (PICTURE HEAVY) [Re: OneU]
    #14191961 - 03/27/11 12:20 PM (13 years, 5 days ago)

WT - feel free to add it brotha...I'm going to get a journal page up for links to everything I've done in MC..
The only thing I can think of w/ those sticky mats is they're going to go "dead" or lose their stickiness once sprayed down w/ iso or bleach water.
I just use a spray nozzle attached to a bottle of iso for "quick" sanitization of my gloves. I want one of those fancy bottles too, but IDK where to find them either. Probably a lab/medical supply store would have it...

Quote:

OneU said:
Three questions:

1) You use the silicone to close off the inoc points? What do you do after you have inoc'd? Tape over?

2) Do you do this before you sterilize in pot/pc and is it safe with that kind of heat? (I do not know my silicone...)

3) Could I do the micro pore tape method for the inoc holes after the silicone is pierced with sterile syringe?

Also, thank you for this informative post :-)

1. If you buy Red RTV silicone (what's pictured), it's self-healing. Therefore, you don't need to worry about covering the hole once pierced.
2. Yup, before you PC is fine, you can leave it wet, because due to the high heat of the PC it will immediately cure, no reason to let it dry for 24 hrs. The Silicone packaging and/or tube will tell you what temperature it's rated for. If you're having problems, ask a sales associate @ your local hardware store. It's normally located in the automotive section.
3. No reason for the tape of the inoculation hole. See answer to question 1.

--------------------

Invisiblebiologys
Mycologist in Trainning
Male

Folding@home Statistics
    #14192402 - 03/27/11 01:48 PM (13 years, 5 days ago)

what kind of fancy bottles are you talking about?

OfflineJay Sav
Woodsman/Hunter/Fungophile
Male

Re: How Todlow Makes His Lids (Grain, 1/4 Pint Agar & "No-Tilt" LC Lids) (PICTURE HEAVY) [Re: biologys]
    #14192615 - 03/27/11 02:25 PM (13 years, 5 days ago)

Not exactly the same... but a boxers water bottle works great. Heres the link: http://store.titleboxing.com/fighting-sports-water-bottle.html

Thanks for such an informative post... i will be doing my lc like this for sure.

Invisiblebiologys
Mycologist in Trainning
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Re: How Todlow Makes His Lids (Grain, 1/4 Pint Agar & "No-Tilt" LC Lids) (PICTURE HEAVY) [Re: Jay Sav]
    #14192650 - 03/27/11 02:33 PM (13 years, 5 days ago)

oh you're talking about the squeeze alochol bottles?

order from tattoo supplies
http://onlinetattoowholesale.com/germicidal-squeeze-bottles-oz-p-1064.html

InvisibleWise Toad
 User Gallery

#14193981 - 03/27/11 07:23 PM (13 years, 5 days ago)

Thanks biologys

Quote:

todlow said:
WT - feel free to add it brotha...I'm going to get a journal page up for links to everything I've done in MC..
The only thing I can think of w/ those sticky mats is they're going to go "dead" or lose their stickiness once sprayed down w/ iso or bleach water.

Its not that its sticky like fly paper, read over the description, its mainly used for lab sanitization to remove microbes from the soles of shoes before entering a contam free zone. It is also used throughout the lab to keep each individual specimen isolated.

the entire material will act to hold contams so unless you cause a chemical reaction to occur the mat will retain its properties.

It only takes water to completely clean it which is IMO one of its most important qualities.

The main thing I will need to make these mats an asset to shroomery members is a good deal. If I can find a good priced one online and use it effectively I will share the results.

OfflineProfessorPinHead
Trapped in the Archives....
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: F=G*m_1*m_2/r^2 Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: How Todlow Makes His Lids (Grain, 1/4 Pint Agar & "No-Tilt" LC Lids) (PICTURE HEAVY) [Re: Wise Toad]
    #14225056 - 04/02/11 08:23 AM (13 years, 1 hour ago)

Offline3n1gm4
3N!9M4T!C
 User Gallery

Re: How Todlow Makes His Lids (Grain, 1/4 Pint Agar & "No-Tilt" LC Lids) (PICTURE HEAVY) [Re: ProfessorPinHead]
    #14225246 - 04/02/11 09:42 AM (12 years, 11 months ago)

On the no tilt design does the needle suck air at first and then the fluid stays at the top of the tube or does the fluid level back out from the whatmans GE.

I was just wondering, I was gonna make a tilt version with a whatmans and a stirrer so I can chop it up before I suck it up to noc the cakes or whatever. Should I try to get it chopped as fine as possible so it will go further or do I want it concentrated and just barely mixed for using an LC to noc something?

--------------------

Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: How Todlow Makes His Lids (Grain, 1/4 Pint Agar & "No-Tilt" LC Lids) (PICTURE HEAVY) [Re: 3n1gm4]
    #14225327 - 04/02/11 10:18 AM (12 years, 11 months ago)

Yea, you'll suck up a bit of air initially when pulling through the no tilt. Same as when you're doing a GLC, sometimes you get a bit of air.

I don't use stir rods in my no tilts, because the tubing cuts through the myc enough. But a stir rod will work fine in the jars w/ the steel as it's stainless, and stainless isn't magnetic.

As long as you suck up some good healthy myc, you'll get a good inoc solution for your jars. I use between 3-6cc per jar.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale