Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomMan Mycology
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineRoseM
Devil's Advocate
Female User Gallery

Loc: Mod not God Flag
Don Quixote's Mint Tea Tek (It Cures What Ails You!) * 3
    #2004528 - 10/13/03 04:20 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

You know, I don't mind the flavor of mushrooms at all. Fresh, dry... whatever. I'll eat 'em straight. From the looks on my friend's faces when we do eat the shrooms straight, I'm in the minority.

There is no denying tea tastes better. I have problems with shrooms & oj (Diff'rent strokes I guess...) those flavors don't mix well for me. But I just love the taste of tea.

Fortunately for me, I have a fictional friend by the name of Don Quixote. Don is a shroom chef of sorts. Don Quixote is a smart guy but he always thinks with his stomach. Even better for me, Don Quixote is always up for an adventure.

Don highly suggests mint tea. Although he has succeeded with many different types of tea (licorice comes in 2nd), mint manages to completely cover the flavor of the mushrooms, while still tasting very mild. Mint tea, also, sooths the stomach. Don puts the shroom tea in empty, individual sized, Snapple Iced Tea Bottles. If he can't have it hot, Don Quixote likes his tea cold. Lukewarm tea isn't very enjoyable.

This ain't no sippin' tea.

Make sure you don't use too much water or you won't be able to fit it all into your individual sized Snapple bottles. To prepare water to boil or cold filter, Don uses a Snapple bottle filled 2/3, per adventurer, per batch of tea. This will be enough water to hold any sized dose.

You have options when you make tea, you can strain the shrooms out or grind them up and leave them in. Rule of thumb, if you are making a batch of tea for a bunch of friends, strain it. You want to minimize their stomach discomfort. It also, looks more palatable. If you are making tea for yourself or for experienced shroomers, there is nothing wrong with grinding the shrooms and just leaving them in. In fact, it may be a little more potent.

If the shrooms are dry, the psylocin is mostly gone. Don, usually makes his tea with dry mushies because the process is MUCH faster than with fresh shrooms... you can dry fresh shrooms yourself and get hot tea quicker than you can cold-filter it. Still cold-filtered tea is certainly worth trying. For dry mushrooms, DQ just boils some lemon water. Lemon can be very helpful when you want to make sure you extract the most from your dried shrooms in the shortest amount of time. You don't want so much lemon that the tea is overpowered by the flavor. He then adds shrooms in a tea ball right after his water has been brought to a boil and the stove is shut off. Don adds 1 or 2 bags of mint tea per adventurer. Don says mint tea soothes the stomach, tastes great AND it is less filling. He steeps for 10-15 minutes and pours the servings into their respective bottles. Psylocybin can handle this short burst of heat. Don Quixote has NEVER noticed a drop in potency from cooking tea unless he used fresh shrooms. When using dry shrooms, DQ doesn't mind using shroom powder. This way you injest the entire shroom but it makes the tea a little cloudy. It is little more potent and a little less discrete.

With fresh shrooms, Don likes cold-filtering his tea with lemon water. Don puts enough lemon juice in the water to taste it. The lemon juice will put the lemon's acids to work for you. Psylocybin will extract in straight water but Don likes to get everything he can from his mushies. Lemon speeds up the extraction process. Don adds his chopped, fresh mushrooms. Add all the shrooms you will use (5g of shrooms extracted into tea is still as potent as 5g of shrooms). Don adds the tea bags. Don Quixote lets the shroom and lemon water sit in the fridge 24-48 hours, then he strains the slimy shrooms out before pouring each serving into the Snapple bottles. Clean fingers make a great strainer... just don't tell your friends. In theory, Don preserves the psylocin from the fresh shrooms by cold-filtering them in the fridge. This is a pretty slow and simple process. Be sure to stir your tea a few times while you cold filter.

Fresh mushies and oj is a quicker and simpler tek. Eating the shrooms straight is the simplest and fastet tek... but if you want something that REALY tastes good, try the tea.

I don't mind the taste of shrooms but I love the taste of Don Quixote's mint & mushroom tea. Mint covers any hint of mushroom in the tea, yet mint has a very mild flavor.

Don's stomach loves honey (I wonder if Winnie the Pooh likes chasing windmills... er, fighting giants as much as Don Quixote enjoys honey). Don suggests you add honey to any and all shroom tea. Hey, shrooms like honey and honey likes shrooms. Don likes to think mushrooms begin and end with honey. Don Quixote is a big fan of the honeywater tek.

The beauty of the Don's mint tea is you can make a batch that is equally potent for everyone who drinks it. All you have to do is measure each person's dose in their own personalized Snapple Iced Tea bottle (write each tripper's name on their bottle so you can keep track of whose is whose... this is especially important if some adventurers are taking larger doses than others). If you put the mushroom tea in a measured pitcher, and you know how many mushrooms were used in the tea, it is very easy to figure out how many grams each adventurer will be taking.

Don Quixote says you can make another batch of mint tea (without mushrooms) to fill the remainder of each Snapple bottle so it looks like the Snapple just came off a store's shelf. Once all the Snapple bottles are full (Snapple sells Mint Iced Tea hehehe), refrigerate until cold and give to your friends.

Drinking tip: If you drink your tea over the course of 30-45 minutes, you can extend your peak for up to an hour. :eyemouth:

Snapple bottles are very inconspicuous and omnipotent. They do not draw undesired attention in public. Even if they do, I imagine this is what might happen.

Officer: What is that?

Don Quixote: Mint Snapple

Officer: May I taste it?

Don Quixote: But of course.

(Officer sips)

Officer: Now THAT'S good Snapple!

(Officer does cheesy Mentos-style smile for the camera)

Play music.

Voice Over: Snapple, made from the best stuff on Earth.

Roll credits.

--------------------
Fiddlesticks.

Edited by Rose (01/08/04 01:26 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleWorld Spirit
PNW
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Don Quixote's Mint Tea Recipe (It Cures What Ails You!) [Re: Rose]
    #2004534 - 10/13/03 04:31 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Deleted by admin

OfflineRoseM
Devil's Advocate
Female User Gallery

Re: Don Quixote's Mint Tea Recipe (It Cures What Ails You!) [Re: World Spirit]
    #2005401 - 10/13/03 01:36 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

This link was posted by HarvestTheBrain in another tea thread. It contains several tea recipies.

http://www.erowid.org/plants/mushrooms/mushrooms_prep2.shtml

--------------------
Fiddlesticks.

OfflineMycoCat
a.k.a. ShroomCat

Re: Don Quixote's Mint Tea Recipe (It Cures What Ails You!) [Re: Rose]
    #2005622 - 10/13/03 02:49 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

It sounds like this Don Quixote guy knows what he's talking about. Tell him I said hello, will you Cervantes?

--------------------
No question is so difficult to answer as that to which the answer is obvious.

Meow.

OfflineRoseM
Devil's Advocate
Female User Gallery

Re: Don Quixote's Mint Tea Recipe (It Cures What Ails You!) [Re: MycoCat]
    #2005715 - 10/13/03 03:29 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Tooncis, Don sends his reguards. He was over earlier, I would have let him type a personal response to you, but his fingers were covered with Cheetos.

--------------------
Fiddlesticks.

OfflinegeokillsA
∙∙∙∙☼ º¿° ☼∙∙∙∙
Male User Gallery

Loc: city of angels Flag
Re: Don Quixote's Mint Tea Tek (It Cures What Ails You!) [Re: Rose]
    #2006608 - 10/13/03 09:07 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Very nice writeup :thumbup:

I am interested in trying the cold-filtered fresh shroom tea next time I have some freshness on hand :cool:

--------------------

--------------------
··∙   long live the shroomery  ∙··
...π╥ ╥π...

OfflineRoseM
Devil's Advocate
Female User Gallery

Re: Don Quixote's Mint Tea Tek (It Cures What Ails You!) [Re: geokills]
    #2007005 - 10/13/03 11:31 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Thanks for the feedback geo. Let me know how it goes.

--------------------
Fiddlesticks.

InvisibleYarry
Old Timer
 User Gallery

#2226055 - 01/07/04 01:40 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

hah wouldnt mind trying this at school in the middle of a boring lecture! make it a little more educational id say. How well does the tea keep? i might just have a case of snapple laying around my room! lol

--------------------
Grumpy Old Man.

OfflineRoseM
Devil's Advocate
Female User Gallery

Re: Don Quixote's Mint Tea Tek (It Cures What Ails You!) [Re: Yarry]
    #2227293 - 01/08/04 01:19 AM (20 years, 3 months ago)

Well, studies show it has problems keeping if it is inside a school :rolleyes:... kids. Otherwise, I imagine it would keep for a couple of weeks, although I've always had it within a couple of days.

--------------------
Fiddlesticks.

InvisibleYarry
Old Timer
 User Gallery

#2229933 - 01/08/04 10:59 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

Awesome :-) tell don i say thanks

--------------------
Grumpy Old Man.

Offlinevalour
Swordbearer

Loc: USA
Re: Don Quixote's Mint Tea Tek (It Cures What Ails You!) [Re: Yarry]
    #2230215 - 01/09/04 01:37 AM (20 years, 3 months ago)

Thanks for the literary cross references, too, Cervantes!

What benefit is there to cold-filtering? Is it just in case there is any real loss of potency, or the psilocyn factor?
(Pardon if you already stated this...it's late)

V.~

--------------------
"Remember, son,
I didn't sell out-
I bought in."

OfflineRoseM
Devil's Advocate
Female User Gallery

Re: Don Quixote's Mint Tea Tek (It Cures What Ails You!) [Re: valour]
    #2232393 - 01/09/04 10:22 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

That is the idea... although it hasn't been scientifically tested by me or Don. The cold filtered tea should be more potent... it certainly seems to be more potent. If you have the time, and some fresh shrooms... give it a try... otherwise, stick with the hot tea.

--------------------
Fiddlesticks.

Edited by Rose (01/09/04 10:24 PM)

OfflineMycoJunkie
Psilanthropist

Loc: .4merica
    #4079357 - 04/20/05 10:43 PM (19 years, 16 hours ago)

bump
sounds yummy

--------------------
:cussing::whip:

OfflineRoseM
Devil's Advocate
Female User Gallery

Re: Don Quixote's Mint Tea Tek (It Cures What Ails You!) [Re: MycoJunkie]
    #4079389 - 04/20/05 10:50 PM (19 years, 15 hours ago)

It is, I have had Don's Mint Tea on many special occasions.

--------------------
Fiddlesticks.

InvisibleMasonsChild
Fellow Traveler>^..^<

Loc: Upper Midwest
    #4081203 - 04/21/05 12:48 PM (19 years, 1 hour ago)

Celestial Seasoning "Sleepytime" is a great spearmint teabag to try.

--------------------
Truckin' ain't for Sally's

OfflineJfisher
fungusaficionado
 User Gallery

Loc: Sealand
Re: Don Quixote's Mint Tea Tek (It Cures What Ails You!) [Re: MasonsChild]
    #4216620 - 05/24/05 10:31 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

I actually tried something similar my first time. I recommend taking your dried shrooms, and tossing them into a coffee grinder with whole mint leaves. Nevermind straining it, if you're not into the chunks at the bottom of your tea cup, don't drink em. It leaves the choice up to the drinker if you're preparing for guests. Have fun.

--------------------
Any information written above is purely fictional.
Any images do not belong to the owner of this account.

OfflineRoseM
Devil's Advocate
Female User Gallery

Re: Don Quixote's Mint Tea Tek (It Cures What Ails You!) [Re: Jfisher]
    #4216932 - 05/25/05 12:10 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

The only problem with your suggestion is it clouds the tea... so if you drink it in public, it may look odd... other than that, your suggestion works great!

--------------------
Fiddlesticks.

InvisibleOneMoreRobot3021
Male

Loc: the sky
    #4374680 - 07/06/05 02:26 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Wow. Awesome, thanks! :thumbup: :smile:

--------------------
Acid doesn't give you truths; it builds machines that push the envelope of perception. Whatever revelations came to me then have dissolved like skywriting. All I really know is that those few years saddled me with a faith in the redemptive potential of the imagination which, however flat, stale and unprofitable the world seems to me now, I cannot for the life of me shake.

-Erik Davis

Offlinelardnar
Pu Pu Platter
Male

Loc: Behind what appears
Re: Don Quixote's Mint Tea Tek (It Cures What Ails You!) [Re: OneMoreRobot3021]
    #4401752 - 07/13/05 10:02 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Is it for sure that you lose psylocin with drying? That's what make the stems worth eating usually, do I need to keep all my stems fresh or what?

--------------------
If your soul is sence this life is lost ...

OfflineRoseM
Devil's Advocate
Female User Gallery

Re: Don Quixote's Mint Tea Tek (It Cures What Ails You!) [Re: lardnar]
    #4402223 - 07/14/05 01:24 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

There are TWO major active chemicals in magic mushrooms... psylocin and PSILOCYBIN. Psylocin breaks down in oxygen... so air drying breaks most of it down. Psilocybin is MUCH stronger (although, once you eat it... your body converts it to psylocin), but still... it will break down if exposed to too much heat, for too long.

Fresh shrooms are more potent per gram of dry matter because they have more active chemicals.

It is theorized you can cold extract the good stuff with cold water (and a touch of lemon if you wish) for 24-48 hours. It sure seems to work. :wink:

--------------------
Fiddlesticks.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag