Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinestephenkg
Stranger
Grow Setup What Is Best??
    #3337188 - 11/09/04 12:37 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

If I were to decide to grow Copelandia cyanescens also known as Panaeolus cyanescens. What type of setup would I need. Now I know I can get a spore syringe off the net for this species. 18$ for one is that a good price? Now this setup would be for a one time a year use. I would be growing enough just for myself throughout the year. So would I need to make a big setup, or will a small one do just the same? I am working on finding info on this type of mushroom, so far I have found quiet a few interesting things. But I wanted everyone elses advice. So Please feel free to post it to me! Thanks

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibledobinky
infoseeker
 User Gallery
Loc: Wiki, Kentucky
Re: Grow Setup What Is Best?? [Re: stephenkg]
    #3337197 - 11/09/04 12:39 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

a self contained tuppeware container....search pan cyans and check the pics

--------------------
Today?s Pig is Tomorrow?s Bacon

Invisiblesimplemachine
Manfly
Male User Gallery

#3337208 - 11/09/04 12:41 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

I wouldn't even consider it unless you are already an experienced cultivator. Not good beginer mushrooms. There is lots of information on the cult boards. Just do a search.

--------------------

OfflineZeroArmy27
I didn't go to work for a month.

Loc: Middle of nowhere
Re: Grow Setup What Is Best?? [Re: simplemachine]
    #3337221 - 11/09/04 12:44 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

I agree with simplemachine. Try starting with a strain of cubensis and once you feel comfortable with that, move on to something else.

--------------------
"a monkey would fuck you up if you tried to put it in a autoclave" - Psychoslut

"it's not like the admins and mods are a tight-knit group of hippies that spend their life together in a log cabin tie-dying shirts and stringing beads inbetween bonghits." - Wiccan_Seeker

InvisibleSam1912
journeyman

Loc: Cali
    #3337247 - 11/09/04 12:49 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

I agree. Decide on a cubensis, instead.

And as always, read the teks first.

Good start(even for a long run) for person use only would be where most newbies start. That would be PF Tek.

Basic Cultivation Tek

And use an incubator(you can make smaller one if you like)
Tub in Tub incubator(TnT) by Magash

And then fruit in PMP
Poormans Pod(PMP) by Magash

The whole setup should cost less than $100. With cost of spores, jars, vermiculite and BRF, you are looking at about $130, about the price of an ounce or 1/2 an ounce if you buy them by 1/8ths.

I know you aren't going to use them as much as most, but they are easy to store out of sight and are one of the best setup for grow.

Good luck

Sam

--------------------
Protect your civil rights!  End drug prohibition.  And if you don't care about your civil rights, protect mine!

If you want a rating from me, please PM me.  For those really newbies, don't expect an answer back, but you can try me anyways.

Offlinestephenkg
Stranger
Re: Grow Setup What Is Best?? [Re: ZeroArmy27]
    #3337262 - 11/09/04 12:52 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Thanks for the quick input, and I will take that advice. I am now looking for a different strain of cubensis. Just hope I can find spore print or syringe on them. Will I need much light to grow this strain? Will a casserole size Tupperware dish work?

Offlinecall_me_kido
Philosopher
 User Gallery

Loc: In your dreams
    #3337274 - 11/09/04 12:54 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Oh man please do some reading.

Kido

--------------------
"If we knew what it was we were doing, it would not be called research, would it?"
- Albert Einstein (1875-1955)

"A is A" -Aristotle

OfflineZeroArmy27
I didn't go to work for a month.

Loc: Middle of nowhere
    #3337280 - 11/09/04 12:55 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

ok, look for the poor man's pod, i think it's only on the second or third page right now because someone posted too it recently. great grow chamber, this is what i use.

just follow sam's links, he hooked you up with the good info.

--------------------
"a monkey would fuck you up if you tried to put it in a autoclave" - Psychoslut

"it's not like the admins and mods are a tight-knit group of hippies that spend their life together in a log cabin tie-dying shirts and stringing beads inbetween bonghits." - Wiccan_Seeker

InvisibleSam1912
journeyman

Loc: Cali
Re: Grow Setup What Is Best?? [Re: ZeroArmy27]
    #3337319 - 11/09/04 01:04 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

I can see some more questions coming up. Choose any strain of cubensis. They are basically all the same. Order from ANY shroomery sponsors. They are all good and fast. Start with syringes, you'll have one less tek to worry about with contamination that way.

Mushroom is phototropic, not photosynthetic. It means you don't need light to grow them, but you need light to initiate fruiting and also to tell them which way is up. Most of us use a light cycle of 12hr on/12hr off with anything from flashlights, LED lights to 20W flouro.

Read a Tek... Actually read the "Mushroom grower's guide" That has a lot of good information about muchroom grow cycles.

Good luck

Sam

--------------------
Protect your civil rights!  End drug prohibition.  And if you don't care about your civil rights, protect mine!

If you want a rating from me, please PM me.  For those really newbies, don't expect an answer back, but you can try me anyways.

Offlinestephenkg
Stranger
Re: Grow Setup What Is Best?? [Re: Sam1912]
    #3337473 - 11/09/04 01:47 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

By the way you have been very informative.Thanks a bunch. Well I was going to use a Rubbermaid bin...but does it have to be clear...and it is like 92 quarts or something.I have it here and am not using it for anything. It is not clear but purple. Also does it seem to be too big. I will get my camera working and I will take a picture of it so you can see. Let me know

Invisiblesimplemachine
Manfly
Male User Gallery

#3337604 - 11/09/04 02:23 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Just read a tek, mate! the answers lay within! they need a bit of light yes, and as for size, it's all relative!

--------------------

Offlinestephenkg
Stranger
    #3337726 - 11/09/04 02:49 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Well here is the bin I am wanting to use. Also can this be grown outside in my shed, it is almost winter here. Or better grow it in my attic. Any response. By the way I have been reading up on this stuff, I just like personal input! Thanks

This is the bin:

OfflineIGnosticAbhorI
Stranger-er

#3337752 - 11/09/04 02:55 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Lol, I don't mean to downsize, but eventually, you're going to have to read. Cyans aren't best for beginers, they're not exactly easy to grow, you have to know what you're doing in order to get a good yield or hell even one at all, start with something simple, like Sam said, start with a cubensis strain first. AFTER you read a bit, if you get confused or have a Q, send me a pm and i'll help you out best i can but dude, read a bit first. And Gl to ya

Offlinestephenkg
Stranger
    #3337759 - 11/09/04 02:58 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

I can get air stones for like 5 bucks for two..and the air pump is like 10$. And you can get like 10 ft of hose for nothing. Anything Else I am missing? Now I have to do some research on geo-lite and hydroton. I was told lava rock works too. Anyone know of others that work. Are cakes the best method to grow with? Also since the container is soo big can I half it and grow two different kinds of mushrooms in it? Anybody know? Thanks again

Offlinestephenkg
Stranger
Re: Grow Setup What Is Best?? [Re: IGnosticAbhorI]
    #3337769 - 11/09/04 03:00 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

I have decided to try and grow cubensis. since you all say the other is soo hard.

OfflineIGnosticAbhorI
Stranger-er

#3337779 - 11/09/04 03:01 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Yea, you Can grow 2 types of mushroom but you can't exactly mix the substrates i do believe. gl

Invisiblesimplemachine
Manfly
Male User Gallery

#3337782 - 11/09/04 03:01 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

ideal temps...

spawn run = 85 degrees F

Fruiting = 75 degrees F

for the bin...

cut a hole in the lid and glue a piece of plastic wrap over it. light goes in and humidity does not come out.

You won't find many answers here that do not follow the teks.

--------------------

Offlinestephenkg
Stranger
    #3338624 - 11/09/04 06:38 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Well here is what I got. I am going to use this method to grow.
First off here is my list of things to get:
4 Jars
Brown Rice Flower
Vermiculite
Syringe
Box
Saran Wrap
Gloves
Plastic Container Lowes @ 9.97$
Perlite Lowes @ 2.87$
Colander
Desiccant
Foil
After I have all of these things I am going to mix up the brown rice flower with water and vermiculite. Put them in the Jars add dry Vermi top layer. Then boil or pressure cook them. Let them cool overnight, the following day add spores with delicacy with my box I will make. Then let them veggie for a while.
Now after that is all done. I will put a layer of moist perlite in the bottom of my container about an inch. Transfer the cakes to the container seal and let them grow.
Now I am open for ideas on my little project. Let me know what you think. :smile: Thanks

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck