Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomMan Mycology
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflinePreparationH
apply daily

Loc: Amsterdam
age for shrooms?
    #4014208 - 04/04/05 07:42 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

whats maybe the minimum age for someone to take mushrooms and is there an age? and what will happen if they take them anyway?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinefresh313
journeyman
 User Gallery

Re: age for shrooms? [Re: PreparationH]
    #4014230 - 04/04/05 07:47 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

there is no 'age' good judgement should be exercised

InvisibleShroomOmatic
Ethno Apprentice
Male User Gallery
Loc: Sailing the Seas of Chees...
Re: age for shrooms? [Re: fresh313]
    #4014260 - 04/04/05 07:52 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

I advise not to use them to young. I think the very minimum should be 15 and thats a long shot. The way psilocybin can effect the mind might be more drastic on younger minds. Mushrooms alwase have varied effects with the user but generally its not to wise to be using them really young. Hope this helps you

-ShroomOmatic

--------------------

Offlinelonebuddha
whats it allabout?
Re: age for shrooms? [Re: ShroomOmatic]
    #4014735 - 04/04/05 09:28 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

I always thought that things should be based on maturity though it is difficult to measure that.

OfflineGrizzy
Explorer of mindand matter

Loc: Bay Area, CA - USA
Re: age for shrooms? [Re: lonebuddha]
    #4015557 - 04/05/05 01:02 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

I advise that 18 be the recommended minimal age, and I'm sure the shroomery agrees with me.

Reasons for not taking them prior are many but the most important one is accountability, the fact that your parents are still responsible for you. From that stem many more reasons - the top one being that you probably don't have your place yet. Running around the outdoors is fun but you want the sancuary of indoors, you'll want a place that's you. Then you have the maturity factor, the fact that what you experience may be difficult to interpret at younger ages. Truthfully - I lie not when I tell you that even myself at age 23, while at the time in place of mind, was truly missing a huge aspect of the truth and self-examination. Even later at 26, I was just beginning to figure it out. I'm still climbing...

It takes maturity to set out on the voyage of discovering of one's own ignorance. And remember to respect it, for it will teach you a lesson if you do not.

--------------------
"You already know everything, it's just a matter of time before you remember..."

Offlineliveby
Wasted For Time
 User Gallery

Re: age for shrooms? [Re: Grizzy]
    #4015841 - 04/05/05 03:36 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

14-15 i don't know have to know the maturity of the kids!

--------------------

http://www.bruceeisner.com/ -Creating a Sensible Culture

InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

#4015928 - 04/05/05 04:55 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

The Ayahuasca Churches view every case individually but their rule of thumb is that you at least have to be 14 to partake in DMT.

Mushrooms are 4-hydroxy-DMT and that Hydroxy does little more then sit on the LSD position and making the DMT orally active by forming an inner salt capable of being smuggled past the blood-brain barrier and getting in the way of metabolism. So basically mushrooms, 4-HO-DMT are DMT and a glass of ayahuasca somewhat resembles 0.5-2gr shrooms. (except for beta-carboline additives)

But 14, I mean, damn.
Please note they are taken into a SOLEMN AYAHUASCA RITUAL and not munching shrooms at the mall :rolleyes:

At age 18 the government in it's wisdom allows you to drive an automobile, buy liquor and be splattered by the ripped flesh of your platoonmates whilst being gored by grenade shrapnel.
In line of this philosophy the magical age 18 ought to be the limiting legal age of consent.

Personally I believe that unless you submit yourself to a dedicated group of veteran psychonauts to initiate you, you should at least be 25 or have a sufficiently profound side to you to not abuse the psychedelic and appreciate its virtues.
For a kid (nowadays I refer to 20 yo's as "kids" LOL) psychedelics can be a feast of rainbow colors and mindfuck, and the more you mature the more value psychedelics will hold.

Think of Aldous Huxley on one end of the spectrum and a teenage hippy girl who coinjects LSD with speed on the other side.

Maturity can stand apart from age: You've got people in their fifties that aren't half as mature as some kids at 14. But it tends to advance with age.

The age of 18 is a worldwide standard of adult age, the age at which great responsibilities can be bestowed upon you. If you're a group of underage tripping friends and one turns 18 he will legally be punished much more severely and perhaps be charged with "drugging minors". If you are underage you aren't even allowed to post at the Shroomery yet and even all the good pr0n is limited to the ages when most people have the least use for it :grin:

18. If you want to trip on psychedelics you'd have to be 18.

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org
higher knowledge starts here

OfflineShRooMHeAdJ
Stranger

Loc: NY
Re: age for shrooms? [Re: Asante]
    #4016106 - 04/05/05 07:12 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

the first time i took shrooms i was about 15 and it was one hell of an experience

--------------------
Holla

Offlinealsey
meet me in thedreamtimewater...

#4016158 - 04/05/05 07:35 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

depends on the person, and the dose. different people mature at different rates. i think you really have to look at the individual and decide whether you think they are ready for it or not. basically, if someone wants to munch shrooms just to get fucked, then they're not mature enough IMO.

i did acid soon after turning 17, and i think that was about the right age for me.

Offlinejohnhenry
Minderbinder
Loc: capital-evil empire
Re: age for shrooms? [Re: alsey]
    #4016551 - 04/05/05 09:52 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

When i was a 17 year old, many moons ago, living in north florida, and picking shrooms in the pastures, a couple of the younger brothers(13 years old) of friends of mine were sneaking shrooms and were fucked up for life, not good for real young minds.

Offlinestefan
work in progress

Loc: The Netherlands
    #4016617 - 04/05/05 10:13 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

depends on their maturity. wouldn't recommend doing hallucinogenics until the brain has fully developed though.

OfflineGinseng1
Elegant Universe
 User Gallery

Re: age for shrooms? [Re: stefan]
    #4018301 - 04/05/05 05:09 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

I think it has to do alot more with what kind of person you are.

Certain kids at 15 or 16 could better handle a trip and integrate it better than a certain 25 year old. It think it depends more in what one's life is caught up in, and how ignorant and unself-aware one can be.

--------------------
Flowing through beginningless time since time without beginning...

OfflineColbadol
Reality Mechanic
Male

Re: age for shrooms? [Re: Ginseng1]
    #4018433 - 04/05/05 05:53 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

noone should be the one to introduce something like shrooms/acid to a younger generation..

let them do it on their own.

--------------------

Offlineunearth
Stranger
Re: age for shrooms? [Re: Colbadol]
    #4018438 - 04/05/05 05:55 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

my friends's brother did one whole one when he was 12,he got pretty messed up,but not to bad

Offlineholio1
intense

Loc: toronto son
    #4018609 - 04/05/05 06:41 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

i first did shrooms when i was 13 or 14 and continued till now. i do them pretty infrequently though, two or three times a year maybe.
even from they beginning they have had deeper meaning for me and they did open my mind up a bit, especially after going through ego loss (age 15, did acid that year too which was excellent). i just began to look at the world in a slightly different manner, but i didn't get all retarded or fucking sketched out.
honestly i think it bettered me. if i could go back now i would never have done them that first time and said 'not till i know what the fuck i am doing with my life' or around 18-25 i would guess.
but i didn't and honestly i can't say i regret it. most trips now i appreciate just at much as then.

i have to agree with all you guys though. even when i was young, i looked at most other people around my age who did those drugs as sort of stupid, just because a lot of them were clearly not mature enough and made themselves into fucking crazy fools because of it. i never introduced anyone to psychedelics unless i thought they were ready and would actually gain something from tripping.

so if i was making the rules i would say no psychedelics for people under 18, even though i feel just as bad for the fucking burn outs as i do for straight edge people who do not what life is. trips can be very useful in changing people from stuck-up-pretty-boy/girl-bitches

OfflinePreparationH
apply daily

Loc: Amsterdam
Re: age for shrooms? [Re: holio1]
    #4019166 - 04/05/05 08:57 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

i asked him if he could get ME shrooms and he said yea and hed like to do them with me, no doubt in my mind hes not mature enough, i just dont want him being brain dead after it, no stupid stuff like thats gonna happen because like yous said the brain isnt fully developed.

OfflinePS_Cubes
Searching...
 User Gallery

Loc: ...for LSD
    #4019360 - 04/05/05 09:48 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

first time for me was 15... beautiful experience... it also opened my mind up and allowed me to except things more readily.. no regrets  :mushroom2:

--------------------

Offlinemushiemountain
i am the sacredone
Re: age for shrooms? [Re: PS_Cubes]
    #4019624 - 04/05/05 10:56 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

i also tripped for the 1st time at age 15. i did my research and decided on a dose of 1.8g and continued with that dosage until i was ready for the real mushroom trip. i did it 30 times that year, no negative effects from it, only positive. as i continued shrooming i valued the trips more and more and then eventually they earned my respect. mushrooms changed me for the better and actually made me more mature and made me have a different, but better, outlook on life.

--------------------
I Ain't No Fool. Mama Didn't Raise No Fool.
----------primussucks

Offlinegnrm23
Carpal Tunnel
Loc: n. e. OH, USSA
    #4020509 - 04/06/05 05:47 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

dr albert hofmann recommends that psychedeelics be taken by people middle-aged & older...

www.hofmann.org

--------------------
old enough to know better
not old enough to care

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag