Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Injection Grain Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineK4Lic0
Salvianaut
Loc: North Carolina
LSA Extraction
    #3481919 - 12/11/04 02:04 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

OK, i'm not very good at extractions (i don't ever do them).. so, what would happen if i did a cold water extraction with HBWR seeds, then strained the seeds out, then let the water evaporate, what would i be left with, if anything?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineI2ancid
josh hartnett,movie star actor
 User Gallery

Loc: psycholand
Re: LSA Extraction [Re: K4Lic0]
    #3481978 - 12/11/04 02:27 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

It wouldent be cold water it would have to be slightly acidic(add lemon juice) warm/hot water and thats if LSA is even water soluble.

You'de also need to have the seeds crushed up into a very fine powder because the alkaloid (the drug) is inside the seeds not on the shell. HBWR seeds usually arent coated with poison anyways so theres no problem with just chewin em up and swallowing them, morning glories are a whole different story.

--------------------
I went to st thomas and camped out ontop of the island... Despite my entire family being poor all my life, the land is priceless.
I was chased by haitians in the main city charlotte amalie when my girlfriend and I got some cocaine for free in a bar and mixed it with alcohol, to form a stronger drug. With such confidence at 2am, we walked the 4-5 or so miles down to the beach where the african slaves lie like lions waiting on tourist prey.

The war isen't on drugs... the war is on the causes that influence people to abuse drugs. drug-abuse is a by-product of the system and much like radioactive waste occurs from utilizing nuclear power, drug addicts with drug-problems will need to be properly disposed of, like the decaying radioactive waste produced from nuclear energy. -i2ancid

OfflineK4Lic0
Salvianaut
Re: LSA Extraction [Re: I2ancid]
    #3484571 - 12/11/04 11:34 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

umm, i believe chewing and swallowing the HBWR does make you sick.. it has every time i have used them (scraping the fuzz and not scrapping it.. no difference)

Offlineexplokid
F.N.G.

Loc: ???
    #3484700 - 12/11/04 11:58 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

If i remember right the LSA is not soluable in water. i used Everclear with Morning Glories and it worked, i also got sick as hell.

Invisibledressel11
Stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: Milky Way
    #3484963 - 12/12/04 01:28 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

the best way to get pure lsa is with an polar/nonpolar extraction using naptha(zippo lighter fluid)/everclear(or another 190 proof+ alcohol). please be sure the naptha you get dosnt have benzene in it. benzene will give you cancer.

Offlinefresh313
journeyman
 User Gallery

Re: LSA Extraction [Re: I2ancid]
    #3485590 - 12/12/04 09:27 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

I2ancid said:
HBWR seeds usually arent coated with poison anyways so theres no problem with just chewin em up and swallowing them, morning glories are a whole different story.

HBWR's have a fuzzy coating on the shell that contains strychnine.

Offlineonetime
onetime
 User Gallery

Re: LSA Extraction [Re: fresh313]
    #3485626 - 12/12/04 09:43 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

fresh313 said:
Quote:

I2ancid said:
HBWR seeds usually arent coated with poison anyways so theres no problem with just chewin em up and swallowing them, morning glories are a whole different story.

HBWR's have a fuzzy coating on the shell that contains strychnine.

where id you here that i have aten hbwr befor from the store three packages and didnt feal any thing just got a little sick but others i was with insisted that they were high and then i ate some store bought morning glory and that just made me sick

--------------------

See?
Yes, with my own three eyes.
Depression, Misspells , wanting everying thing i cant have haveing nothing i want

Invisibledblaney
Human Being

Loc: Here & Now
Re: LSA Extraction [Re: onetime]
    #3485990 - 12/12/04 11:57 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

I'm 98% sure that the outside of most HBWR seeds contains cyanogenic glycosides, which means that they convert into cyanide in your body, hence you becoming very sick. As dressel said, a nonpolar/polar extraction would probably be ideal.

--------------------
"What is in us that turns a deaf ear to the cries of human suffering?"

"Belief is a beautiful armor
But makes for the heaviest sword"
- John Mayer

Making the noise "penicillin" is no substitute for actually taking penicillin.

"This country, with its institutions, belongs to the people who inhabit it. Whenever they shall grow weary of the existing government, they can exercise their constitutional right of amending it, or their revolutionary right to dismember or overthrow it." -Abraham Lincoln

Offlinefresh313
journeyman
 User Gallery

Re: LSA Extraction [Re: dblaney]
    #3486045 - 12/12/04 12:09 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

dblaney18, yeah i just read that too about the 'cyanogenic glycosides', i dont know whats better cyanide or strychnine.

Invisibledblaney
Human Being

Re: LSA Extraction [Re: fresh313]
    #3486092 - 12/12/04 12:20 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

lol, neither of them are really that great, but I'm pretty sure there's no strychnine on HBWR, I'm pretty sure that's just like the whole LSD melting your brain type of thing...just a myth, but I could be mistaken.

--------------------

- John Mayer

"This country, with its institutions, belongs to the people who inhabit it. Whenever they shall grow weary of the existing government, they can exercise their constitutional right of amending it, or their revolutionary right to dismember or overthrow it." -Abraham Lincoln

OfflineK4Lic0
Salvianaut
    #3488592 - 12/12/04 10:23 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

I've heard extracting them in lime juice, how long do they need to be in the lime juice? does this eliminate the nausea?

InvisibleSupernova
Stranger
Male
    #3490118 - 12/13/04 07:47 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

about 500 morning glory seeds - 1 dose

1st you want to get rid of the crap that will make you sick.  You need a nonpolar solvent to do this.  The best you can get is lab grade petroleum ether.  If you are in school and have access to a chemistry lab, get some ether from there.  Naptha will work, but it leaves a horrible taste if not completely dehydrated, and even then it will probably leave a chemical taste. 

NOTE- Ether is extremely explosive and poisonous.  Keep away from heat sources and do NOT drink it.  Same for Naptha if you use it.

Soak your MG seeds (500 crushed up) in 500ml ether.  Let them soak for 2 or 3 hours, shaking the solution up really good a few times.  Make sure this is in a well ventilated area and again- NO HEAT.

Filter the ether, which will be cloudy, through cheesecloth or a coffee filter.  Dispose of the liquid.  Keep the mush.  You can get rid of more bad stuff by doing a couple more ether washes.  Again, filter and dispose of the ether.

Spread the seed mush out and let it completely dry.  Ether dries quickly, but make sure it is all gone before proceeding further.  It may take a day or two.

Now that the seed mush is completely dry, it is time to get out the good stuff.  For this you need a polar solvent.  Everclear will work.  Put the seed mush in 2 to 3 ounces of everclear and let it soak for 3 days.  Shake it every day a couple of times.

Filter the everclear and this time SAVE THE LIQUID and dispose of the pulp.  The everclear has the LSA in it.

You can either drink the everclear solution or let it evaporate in a clear glass dish (takes a few days) and scrape up the residue and ingest the left over residue.  If you have ever drank everclear, you know it is some brutal stuff (at least to me).  I prefer waiting for the residue (or at least I would if I actually did this  :smirk: ).  Just take your time.

AND PLEASE DO NOT BLOW YOURSELF UP  AND DO NOT DRINK ETHER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LSA Extraction is illegal in the U.S.

Invisibledblaney
Human Being

Re: LSA Extraction [Re: Supernova]
    #3569294 - 01/01/05 10:15 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Hmm...I wonder if a nonpolar solvent will remove the cyanogenic glycosides or whatever it is from the seed?

--------------------

- John Mayer

OfflineCatalysis
EtherealEngineer

#3569422 - 01/01/05 10:47 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

It should. Im am also thinking that methanol would be a better solvent to extract with if you are going to dry it because is more polar and more pure than everclear. Just make sure it is all dry before ingesting and you can even desiccate if you want to. Methanol is poison but it will evaporate cleaner than everclear if you wait a few days.

InvisibleSupernova
Stranger
Male
Re: LSA Extraction [Re: Catalysis]
    #3571323 - 01/02/05 02:43 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

everclear works great, but if you can get some lab grade ethanol (pure grain alcohol) that would be best. I'd stay away from methanol. Just my opinion.

OfflineStrange_Design
Cucumber

#3572796 - 01/02/05 07:40 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

just so folks do not get confused by this thread, LSA is perfectly soulable in plain water.

i know nothing of HBWR however, but just smashed or ground Morning Glory seeds soaked in water for 8+ hours and then strained, throwing away the mush, produces a very nice trip.

having done that 10 or so times i am sure that a water extraction works just fine.

InvisibleSupernova
Stranger
Male
Re: LSA Extraction [Re: Strange_Design]
    #3572804 - 01/02/05 07:43 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

I've heard different reports about plain water extraction. Some people say they get sick. It also doesn't sound to me, from the reports, that the extaction is nearly as complete as with the tek I posted. I tripped about like on LSD with my extraction tek.

OfflineStrange_Design
Cucumber

#3572872 - 01/02/05 07:54 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

no i did not mean to imply such, it is in no way as complete as the polar, non-polar extraction.

what i meant to lay out to clear up some of the previous posts is that LSA is soulable in water. that being said; plain water does bring with it some impurities that can be filtered out through further extraction.

also Morning Glories have been eaten this way (plain water) for 1000's of years and while it may bring a bit of nausea in the early stages it is still a very valid trip for those who have not the supplies or the ability to go with a full extraction.

InvisibleSupernova
Stranger
Male
Re: LSA Extraction [Re: Strange_Design]
    #3572885 - 01/02/05 07:57 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

cool, i'll have to give it a try one day. How many seeds to you normally use, how much water, etc? Thanks.

OfflineMrMolotov
Ganja Patrol
Male

Loc: SoCal
    #5048525 - 12/11/05 02:46 PM (18 years, 3 months ago)

Hm zippo fuel has Petroleum distilate - Napatha thats just napatha right?
and would Denatured alcohol work? because thats made for stoves and i assume it would be very pure. im gonna grind my mornihng gloryu seeds up right now and begin with the 1st step of the extraction in a testtube with rubber stop.
the zippo fuel leaves no residue on a clean glass plate.

--------------------

OI OI OI

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Injection Grain Bag