Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomCube.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineMAGnum
veteran

TV brainwashing and wringing the masses.
    #3090593 - 09/04/04 08:32 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

some of this was posted here: http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat...t=1#Post3090354

Acid made me realize TV was a brainwashing device and changes the mental schema. Most of the time it is unintentional scheme changing, but it can be used to teach false realities to the masses very easily. Upon realizing this, I freaked out and went back to my collage of orgy (very sexual trip, it was on dancing condom paper, too). I stopped watching TV for a LONG time after that.

Seriously, many people are litterally fried with TV info. Absorbing so much that they cannot get anything absorbed at all, it seems. Either way, TV can be a tool for "evil" or manipulative intentions. If done all the time, people become blind to it and just let themselves become warped from it. FUCK THAT!

Am I wrong?

Seriously, these people on it are acting and scripted most of the time, life isn't a scriptded back and forth convo in Pleasantville. Reality also isn't pamperred or as dangerous as the media makes it out to be. It seems the media wants to keep you in the house only to go out and shop. FUCK THAT!

I look at the Olsen twins as if I grew up knowing them as friends or cousins, however, niether is true. I am just annother person warped by thier exploitation on television. FUCK THAT!

WE ARE SO BRAINWASHED BY TV, THAT WE ARE DILLUTED TO THINK WE ACTUALY HAVE A TWO PARTY SYSTEM. THIS KEEPS THE POWER RESERVED FOR THE POWERFUL! FUCK THAT!

We are dilluted to think that aliens, psychic powers and even mundain ambitions are only in movies and such. The fact is "the media" uses a tactic of exposing the truth as fantacy in order to cover it up as fantacy. Smart, huh? FUCK THAT!

I'm not even going into the advertising bullcrap they pull. Wait, maybe I will. This is the wringing of the massess. The absorbtion of info is brainwashing, the money making is the wringing (FUCK THAT TOO). TV is how the major corps reign with a false face and keep thier names above the rest. FUCK THAT!

If Mom and Pop shops could have TV advertising or at least afford it, they could do the same and actually have 4-7 times the ecconomic bounce off of every dollar than a bill spent at "The Wal." Many advertisements make people feel as if they can't be worthy or beautiful without a product (especially make-up and women's products). FUCK THAT!

Fuck a commercial where a guy dreams of camping and a girl dreams of a wedding. This is a scheme brain wash, creating Barbie dolls and G.I. Joes. Fuck a commercial that makes all Austrailian things sound stronger than the word used to describe them, I'm sure there are as many weak Australians as there are weak and feeble people world-wide. Fuck a commercial saying "plastics make it possible" when it is really an attempt to allow our exaggerated need for them. Fuck a commercial that says McD's or BK is a good time; A good time with obesity and canser is more like it! Fries are carcinogen sticks, you know.

Luckily, they already fucked the commercials that made cigaretts make a cowboy cool, unluckily, I smoke them.

Fuck not television, but it's use to exploit and manipulate the massess. The same goes for movies. I am so frustrated with this bullcrap that I'm going to let you guys simmer this heat I have posted.

Our country is loosing freedom and being controlled. FUCK THAT!

--------------------
Agent 727

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleEvolving
Resident Cynic

Loc: Apt #6, The Village
Re: TV brainwashing and wringing the masses. [Re: MAGnum]
    #3091235 - 09/04/04 12:30 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

You've reminded me of this column I read a while back...

PONDERING THE TELESCREEN
A Tale Of Two Cities
by Fred Reed, August 15, 2004

Denunciations of television have become as routine as breathing: the programming is crass, stupid, propagandistic, so bad that only an idiot would watch it yet everybody does. Actually things are worse. They are much worse.

To see what is happening, start with what may be the crucial truth of our times: People will watch a screen. They will watch anything in preference to nothing, watch programs they don?t really like, comedies so unfunny that only the laugh track tells them when to respond. The bright know that the fare is witless, that it is directed at fools. The ads irritate them. Yet they too watch.

People cannot not watch television.

The flickering screen is everywhere. In millions of living rooms the lobotomy box rattles, often not consciously watched, hardly noticed, but always on. Every bar has at least one television, often several, sometimes with the sound turned off, but always there. Television is the national babysitter, more important than absentee parents in shaping the young. The chattering tube sits in the lobbies of hotels, the rooms of hotels, in barber shops, in restaurants and dorm rooms. In my gym in suburban Washington, rows of screens hung on pipes in front of the exercise bicycles. The box is everywhere, whispering, babbling, urging, suggesting.

Watch the eyes of a man quietly having a drink in a bar. Often his gaze wanders to the screen because it moves, it changes. Even if the sound is down and he cannot follow what is happening, even if he isn?t interested, he watches. People cannot not watch a screen.

No dictator has ever enjoyed such a tool for social control, for near absolute power over what people see, over the news, over a culture. Like the bite of a leech, television is painless. Two decades later, the country is unrecognizable.

We underestimate the box. It is tasteless, dumbed-down, and commercial, yes, yes. All the adjectives apply. We have heard them. We agree with them. But we miss the point. We miss the point because the fare is so contemptible: Nothing that stupid can be dangerous.

Oh yes it can.

The lobotomy box gives to Hollywood and New York limitless sculpting access to the minds of our children, limitless power to condition all of us. For hours a day, week after month after year after decade, each generation sees what the two cities want it to see. It sees nothing else. Because the programming does not come from the formal government, because it seems to counsel only the purchase of New! Improved! Whatever! because we hold it in contempt while spending our lives before it, we?many of us?do not see what it really is.

The content of television is neither merely banal nor merely commercial. This would not matter. Instead it is subliminally didactic, unendingly instructive. It has agendas unrelated to soap. Remember that the advertising and television industries are tightly entwined. Those commercials, seemingly almost invertebrate in their tiresomeness, in fact are the product of decades of manipulative experience by highly intelligent people who have studied the psychology of the audience.

If you want to change the behavior of an audience or a country, if you want to replace their deeply held values with your own, you don?t tell them what to do or what to believe. They might resist. We do not like getting orders. No, you show the things being done?over and over and over. In the beginning you only imply the desired behavior or point of view, leave it in the background so that it is hardly noticed. Over and over and over you imply it. Gradually you make it more explicit. It takes years, but people come to accept whatever they see, and then to imitate it.

They cannot resist any more than a paralyzed caterpillar can resist being eaten by a wasp?s larva. They cannot do without the electric babysitter, cannot toss the damned thing out the window.

They cannot not watch a screen.

What does Hollyork promote? Toleration of foul language and a concomitant coarsening of society; hostility between men and women; truculent illiteracy and the values of the black ghetto; the elevation of homosexuality and promiscuity; disdain for religion; use of drugs, interracial sex, destructive feminism, eradication of the remnants of Anglo-European Christian civilization. It is not accidental.

Do I exaggerate? Think. Every night you see blonde women reading the news. When did you last see a blond man on the screen? Do you think this a coincidence in an industry that calculates motivations to four decimal places? Consider the constant scenes in which women slap men around, kick them in the crotch, participate in gunfights while men cower. Can you believe that the sudden disappearance of the word ?Christmas? from permissible discourse wasn?t deliberate? That the rigid exclusion of any but politically correct views from discussion is a coincidence?

My point is not that all these things are in all respects bad, but rather that they are being decided remotely and imposed without consent. American society is being carefully, calculatedly sculpted. A small group of unelected people, having no obvious qualifications of morality or taste, now control the culture of the United States. Our souls belong to Ted Turner and Jane Fonda.

But things are yet worse.

Television is infinitely scaleable. With satellites, Hollywood bathes the world in the same mire. In Mexico, where I live, television and cine are heavily American. A month ago I was in Chile for a couple of weeks. Television was heavily, heavily American?CNN in Spanish, for example. Crossing into Argentina at Bariloche, I found the same. In Thailand, things are little better.

In the living rooms of the whole world, Hollywood has a little window open to the minds of the people. Nobody can escape. In remote towns in the Bolivian altiplano, the values of Hollyork dance on screens. Children in India, in Iran and Uruguay, day after day gradually become what Barbra Streisand and Sylvester Stallone think they should be. Such people know and care nothing for civilizations that have existed for thousands of years.

Other nations know what is happening. The Thais are not happy at the slow, relentless imposition of the tastes of the slums of Brooklyn. But they can do nothing.

How perfectly incredible that a group of?what? A hundred producers, studio heads, and network CEOs? A thousand to be conservative??can bypass governments, subvert ancient cultures, and make the world as unhappy and divided as they have made the United States.

--------------------
To call humans 'rational beings' does injustice to the term, 'rational.'  Humans are capable of rational thought, but it is not their essence.  Humans are animals, beasts with complex brains.  Humans, more often than not, utilize their cerebrum to rationalize what their primal instincts, their preconceived notions, and their emotional desires have presented as goals - humans are rationalizing beings.

OfflineJesusChrist
Son Of God
Re: TV brainwashing and wringing the masses. [Re: Evolving]
    #3091328 - 09/04/04 12:52 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Interesting article. I send my kid to a Waldorf school. One of the rules is that kids are not allowed to watch TV at home. The idiot box kills creativity. I think it is a great rule.

--------------------
Tastes just like chicken

Invisiblekaiowas
lest we baguette
 User Gallery

Loc: oz
    #3091755 - 09/04/04 03:09 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

"I look at the Olsen twins as if I grew up knowing them as friends or cousins, however, niether is true. I am just annother person warped by thier exploitation on television. FUCK THAT!"

yep, and jsut like everyone knows who's going out with who in hollywood.  people will sit and watch what others do without themselves doing it.  they put emphasis of others upon themselves, ie when somehting bad happens to a star they love, that person's day just started on the wrong foot.

"Fuck not television, but it's use to exploit and manipulate the massess. The same goes for movies. I am so frustrated with this bullcrap that I'm going to let you guys simmer this heat I have posted.

Our country is loosing freedom and being controlled. FUCK THAT! "

:thumbup:

--------------------
Annnnnnd I had a light saber and my friend was there and I said "you look like an indian" and he said "you look like satan" and he found a stick and a rock and he named the rock ooga booga and he named the stick Stick and we both thought that was pretty funny. We got eaten alive by mosquitos but didn't notice til the next day. I stepped on some glass while wading in the swamp and cut my foot open, didn't bother me til the next day either....yeah it was a good time, ended the night by buying some liquor for minors and drinking nips and going to he diner and eating chicken fingers, and then I went home and went to bed.

OfflineMAGnum
veteran

Re: TV brainwashing and wringing the masses. [Re: Evolving]
    #3091802 - 09/04/04 03:25 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

You blow my mind again and again! I though I was making good points, but I am glad you told it in a calm manner as my venting is that of frustrated anger. If someone could implant some type of virus in the radio waves and blow up every TV, it would be a rightious thing.

Anyways, I cannot reply to you because you took what I said and flat out amplified it! Thankyou.

--------------------
Agent 727

OfflineZahid
Stranger
    #3091805 - 09/04/04 03:27 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Everyone has an agenda on TV...not just news, but even mindless entertainment. It presents a conflicted and false 'norm'.

--------------------

OfflineJesusChrist
Son Of God
    #3091821 - 09/04/04 03:34 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Evolving does come up with some gems. He is a Great American.

--------------------
Tastes just like chicken

Offlineschmektron
Vainglorious

Loc: Wrapped in an imbroglio
Re: TV brainwashing and wringing the masses. [Re: Zahid]
    #3091865 - 09/04/04 03:43 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Whenever you're in a room and a television is on, your eyes cannot help but wander aimlessly over to the screen...

When is the last time you ever saw a moment on television where there is no sound and/or no flashing images?

I was thinking about this the other day; even that little gap that separates a television program from a commercial break has diminished to the point of where it doesn't exist ... the idiot box is getting more sophisticated - oooo

OfflineZahid
Stranger
Re: TV brainwashing and wringing the masses. [Re: schmektron]
    #3091895 - 09/04/04 03:48 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

That's true.. once in awhile there's a commercial with no sound that cathes the eye of people.

And some people cant get to sleep unless they have a TV on.. while at the same time, they couldnt stand other noises other than TV.

--------------------

InvisibleRevelation

User Gallery

Loc: heart cave
    #3092214 - 09/04/04 05:39 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Interesting website called www.coloribus.com that monitors print advertisements for common themes. The author refers to these commonalities as "mysterious coincidences" and updates them twice weekly.

The following pages in particular contain some stunning imagery of the source of feminine power, if you will. IMO, this imagery is more than just "sex sells." Way more.

These first three are quite obvious:

Stripes

http://coloribus.com/?action=detailedView&item=7&language=en

Fire

http://coloribus.com/?action=detailedView&item=6&language=en

Lips

http://coloribus.com/?action=detailedView&item=5&language=en

There are a couple other themes that I found interesting. One is "fingerbuilding."

http://coloribus.com/?action=detailedView&item=14&language=en

At first I thought it represented the male bicep but the more I look at it, I think it?s the ancient fertility symbol. The "bulge" represents a pregnant belly.

The other is "grown thin bottle." Does it represent losing weight so that your pants fall off? Or does it represent the result of spent male sexual energy?

http://coloribus.com/?action=detailedView&item=2&language=en

Fascinating stuff. At least for someone who has insomnia...

--------------------

InvisibleKingOftheThing
the cool fool
 User Gallery

Loc: USA
    #3092229 - 09/04/04 05:42 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

wanna see brainwashing, check out fox news, they were caught taking stories directly from the gov't....its simply a propoganda machine  :confused:

Invisibleretread
-=HasH=-
Re: TV brainwashing and wringing the masses. [Re: KingOftheThing]
    #3092256 - 09/04/04 05:52 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

How about we have a moratorium on your tired repetitive statements, and instead offer a time for you to answer some questions. Such as; why do you think viacom would let fox be so conservatively bias, but not care about John stewart?

InvisibleKingOftheThing
the cool fool
 User Gallery

Loc: USA
Re: TV brainwashing and wringing the masses. [Re: retread]
    #3092303 - 09/04/04 06:03 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

john stewart IS FAKE NEWS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! how in the fuck can you compare someone doing a COMEDY news show (which may be left leaning) to a channel pretending to be a REAL news agency. there is no fucking comparison between the 2. unless you'd like to just admit that fox is fake BS comdey news too. you only make yourself look fucktarded by comparing apples to oranges

Anonymous

#3092344 - 09/04/04 06:13 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

they were caught taking stories directly from the gov't

source?

OfflineMAGnum
veteran

#3094302 - 09/05/04 07:14 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Now you guys are arguing over television.  FUCK THAT!  :smile:

--------------------
Agent 727

OfflineMAGnum
veteran

Re: TV brainwashing and wringing the masses. [Re: ]
    #3094309 - 09/05/04 07:17 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

mushmaster said:
they were caught taking stories directly from the gov't

source?

I have heard this myself. My source was somewhere online.

Either way, if you have ever listenned to Dead Prez (rap) they connect all the stations together in the manipulation of a nation.

Why did that rhyme so well?

--------------------
Agent 727

InvisibleCRAZYFUKR
STRANGER THANSTRANGE

Loc: SOUTHLAND
    #3094651 - 09/05/04 10:32 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

wanna see brainwashing, check out fox news, they were caught taking stories directly from the gov't....its simply a propoganda machine

what really funny is that you don't even realize that you have been brainwashed into thinking that.
case and point, all lefties feel the same way. kind of like "in lock step"
scary.

OfflineBleaK
paradox
Re: TV brainwashing and wringing the masses. [Re: CRAZYFUKR]
    #3095607 - 09/05/04 03:49 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

CRAZYFUKR said:
wanna see brainwashing, check out fox news, they were caught taking stories directly from the gov't....its simply a propoganda machine

what really funny is that you don't even realize that you have been brainwashed into thinking that.
case and point, all lefties feel the same way. kind of like "in lock step"
scary.

could that be part of the intended goal? pit us against each other ? hmmm

--------------------
"You cannot trust in law, unless you can trust in people. If you can trust in people, you don't need law." -J. Mumma

InvisibleCRAZYFUKR
STRANGER THANSTRANGE

Loc: SOUTHLAND
Re: TV brainwashing and wringing the masses. [Re: BleaK]
    #3095628 - 09/05/04 04:00 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

thats entirely possible. i like the way you think.

OfflineNorthernsoul
Your Reality

Loc: Inner Eye
    #3095698 - 09/05/04 04:42 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Televisions still in its infancy. Just wait untill they get that neuromarketing rolling a bit heavier and you'll see!

Heres an article on neuromarketing:
When we reached the M.R.I. control room, Clint Kilts, the scientific director of the BrightHouse Institute, was fiddling away at a computer keyboard. A professor in the department of psychiatry and behavioral sciences at Emory, Kilts began working with Meaux in 2001. Meaux had learned that Kilts and a group of marketers were founding the BrightHouse Institute, and she joined their team, becoming perhaps the world's first full-time neuromarketer. Kilts is confident that there will soon be room for other full-time careers in neuromarketing. "You will actually see this being part of the decision-making process, up and down the company," he predicted. "You are going to see more large companies that will have neuroscience divisions."

The BrightHouse Institute's techniques are based, in part, on an experiment that Kilts conducted earlier this year. He gathered a group of test subjects and asked them to look at a series of commercial products, rating how strongly they liked or disliked them. Then, while scanning their brains in an M.R.I. machine, he showed them pictures of the products again. When Kilts looked at the images of their brains, he was struck by one particular result: whenever a subject saw a product he had identified as one he truly loved ? something that might prompt him to say, "That's just so me!" ? his brain would show increased activity in the medial prefrontal cortex.

Kilts was excited, for he knew that this region of the brain is commonly associated with our sense of self. Patients with damage in this area of the brain, for instance, often undergo drastic changes in personality; in one famous case, a mild-mannered 19th-century railworker named Phineas Gage abruptly became belligerent after an accident that destroyed his medial prefrontal cortex. More recently, M.R.I. studies have found increased activity in this region when people are asked if adjectives like "trustworthy" or "courageous" apply to them. When the medial prefrontal cortex fires, your brain seems to be engaging, in some manner, with what sort of person you are. If it fires when you see a particular product, Kilts argues, it's most likely to be because the product clicks with your self-image.
?Clive Thompson, "There's a Sucker Born in Every Medial Prefrontal Cortex," The New York Times, October 26, 2003

KELLY: Marketers have used everything from focus groups and dream therapy to skin tests.  Using science to map the unconscious mind of consumers is the latest trick , and it has some Ivy League backing. Neuromarketing was born here at Harvard University. In the late 1990's, marketing professor Gerry Zaltman and his associate began scanning people's brains for corporations. He's stopped that work now, and he's concentrating on another method [ ZMET] to probe the subconscious mind of consumers. ...

KELLY: Companies didn't want to talk to us about ZMET, and it remains a secret who's using neuromarketing. That doesn't surprise Allan Middleton.

MIDDLETON: Some of these techniques are controversial because they are trying to get at people's less than totally conscious and less than totally rational response. And in a way, in a lot of people's minds, that sends up signals of subliminal communication and manipulation. :grin:

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom