Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Bulk Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisibleph_plus
Malkawian

Loc: Constantinople
Tryptophan question
    #2383560 - 02/27/04 02:20 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

I bought some tryptophan from Merck. And i wonder if it can be used. It writes L-Tryptophan (C11H12N2O2) "M=204.23 g/mol on it and says "for biochemistry". Can i use this stuff for increasing the potency? And what is the difference with 5 Hydroxide Tryptophan? Thnx!! :biggrin:

--------------------

The word truth...... doesn't make any sense..... As if the word sense...... which isn't the truth.........

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinekilgore_trout
Stranger
Re: Tryptophan question [Re: ph_plus]
    #2383633 - 02/27/04 02:37 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

im pretty sure L tryptophan is what you want, even more so than 5h. this is from what i read on a number of other threads and im sure any questions can be answered by reading those. there are also links to a stamets tryptophan substrate jacking experiment complete with portions and results. do a search for tryptophan in the advanced forum. Its all already here.

--------------------
"I didnt fight a secret war in nicaragua so you could walk these streets of freedom bad-mouthing lady america in your damn mirrored sunglasses."

Invisibleph_plus
Malkawian

Re: Tryptophan question [Re: kilgore_trout]
    #2383828 - 02/27/04 03:31 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Thnx for the reply but i allready made a search and couldn't find... A link would also be handy...  :shake:  :biggrin:

--------------------

The word truth...... doesn't make any sense..... As if the word sense...... which isn't the truth.........

Offlinekilgore_trout
Stranger
    #2383833 - 02/27/04 03:32 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

--------------------
"I didnt fight a secret war in nicaragua so you could walk these streets of freedom bad-mouthing lady america in your damn mirrored sunglasses."

Offlinekilgore_trout
Stranger
    #2383841 - 02/27/04 03:34 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

it was gartz

--------------------

Offlinekilgore_trout
Stranger
    #2383850 - 02/27/04 03:36 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

--------------------

Invisibleph_plus
Malkawian

#2383951 - 02/27/04 04:02 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Thanx a lot! I searched for "L-Tryptophan" and i selected "3 years" as limit but nothing came up..... Again Thnx for being interested again... :thumbup:

--------------------

Offlinekilgore_trout
Stranger
    #2383996 - 02/27/04 04:10 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

no problem, good luck jacking those things. did you see the results in that first link, insane man. i wish i was eating those bitches. you could get mad product from extraction too. fat extract yeilds. good luck again man. you dont need much l-tryp from what that link says and too much causes probs so be careful and keep proportions correct, dont go overboard as a little is going to go a long way and too much will fuck you.

--------------------

Invisibleph_plus
Malkawian

#2384170 - 02/27/04 04:45 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

I allready do extraction with both Methanol and Ethanol..... And YESSS!... I want to extract those bitches 2!......... :grin:

--------------------

Offlinekilgore_trout
Stranger
    #2384262 - 02/27/04 05:00 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

hell yeah, im planning on doing the same. jacking shit and extracting, ill prob dry using vacuum decisators and the like. ive also read a tek where you use desicant and throw that shit in the freezer. i plan on taking steps to preserve the shit before extraction and getting a good pure crystal from the extracting process. Sounds dope to me man, or else i wouldnt be doing it myself, good luck again. Youre going to get some serious results if all goes well.

--------------------

Offlinekilgore_trout
Stranger
    #2384619 - 02/27/04 06:38 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

what strain substrate and setup are you using? im pretty fucking interested in your grow now.

--------------------

Invisibleph_plus
Malkawian

#2386418 - 02/28/04 11:07 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

I cultivate tenz of strains , using rye and poo+straw. An automated Kaz Coolmist and a transparent tent like Antonius. (original idea Anno Nymer.. :smile: )

--------------------

OfflineBaby_Hitler
Errorist
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: To the limit!
    #2386565 - 02/28/04 12:31 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

I'm really interested to hear your results from this experiment. I'd like to see someone do 5HTP too and compare with straight tryptophan and straight tryptamine.

--------------------
"America: Fuck yeah!" -- Alexthegreat

“Nothing can now be believed which is seen in a newspaper. Truth itself becomes suspicious by being put into that polluted vehicle. The real extent of this state of misinformation is known only to those who are in situations to confront facts within their knowledge with the lies of the day.”  -- Thomas Jefferson

The greatest sin of mankind is ignorance.

The press takes [Trump] literally, but not seriously; his supporters take him seriously, but not literally. --Salena Zeto (9/23/16)

Invisiblecheesenoonions
??????????????

#2386568 - 02/28/04 12:35 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

The gartz experiment was with tryptamine HCl, not tryptophan. The tryptamine is the imortant part, but is not soluble in water, so Gartz used the HCl form. IF you have an amine that is not soluble, you add HCl and vuala! You probably didn't get anything searching for L-Tryptophan, because most refer to it as simply tryptophan. "L" is just the designation of the isomer of tryptophan. I believe that amino acids are mostly found in the L form in nature. There is nothing saying that tryptophan will increase potency, BUT it makes sense that it might.It provides the indole ring that is converted to actives.

Offlineamyloid
Stranger
Re: Tryptophan question [Re: cheesenoonions]
    #2386898 - 02/28/04 03:31 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

i was wondering about tryptophan myself, ive read it works, but no results or even a experiment.

there are cheap sources for it on froogle.com =)

--------------------
"A human being is part of a whole, called by us the Universe, a part limited in time and space. He experiences himself, his thoughts and feelings, as something separated from the rest--a kind of optical delusion of his consciousness. This delusion is a kind of prison for us, restricting us to our personal desires and to affection for a few persons nearest us. Our task must be to free ourselves from this prison by widening our circles of compassion to embrace all living creatures and the whole of nature in its beauty."
-Al Einstein

InvisiblePinback
Stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: Europe
Re: Tryptophan question [Re: amyloid]
    #3255571 - 10/20/04 10:31 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

I made a post in this thread earlier, and since some posts unfortunately were lost, this may seem out of place. I think it is good information though.

"After a small sample of seven-day-old mycelial pellets was withdrawn from the Fernbach flask and tested for the presence of psilocybin, equal portions of the remaining pellets were transferred to twelve replacement culture flasks, each containing 30 ml of medium no 2. Tryptophan (2 ml/flask) was added to half of the replacement cultures, and the remainder served as tryptophan-free controls. Two control cultures and two tryptophan-containing cultures were removed from the shaker and analyzed at 12, 24, and 48 hours, respectively (table 6).

Addition of tryptophan to replacement cultures did not enhance psilocybin production. However, visual comparison of chromatograms revealed that the psilocybin content decreased progressively and that kynurenine accumulation paralleled the decrease in tryptophan content over the fourty-eight-hour period."

Catalfomo, P., Tyler, V.E. The Production of Psilocybin in Submerged Culture by Psilocybe cubensis. Lloydia 1964; 27: 53-63

The document is available here. Also some other old, but good papers. A similar test was made with P. baeocystis, in the paper "Relationship of..." at the given address, also giving the result that there was no significant difference compared to the control regarding psilocybin production.

Offlinedmc_

Loc: Portland, OR
    #3259474 - 10/21/04 05:32 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Interesting read,

Someone please prove pinback wrong. =)

Edited by dmc_ (10/21/04 05:35 AM)

Offlinedmc_

Loc: Portland, OR
Re: Tryptophan question [Re: dmc_]
    #3259504 - 10/21/04 06:11 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

I was always told a stupid question is one not asked.

So,

Cloning a fruit body from which tryptamine was an additive to the mycelium, would *not* produce a culture with carpophores containing a psilocin amount equal to the original culture?

Is Tryptophan an expensive commodity?

Anyone see where Im going with this?

OfflineSilven
Male

Loc: El Mexicano
Re: Tryptophan question [Re: dmc_]
    #3263885 - 10/22/04 08:09 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

I have a question.. I can't remember where I read it but I was reading that (I think) psilocybin breaks down into basically two parts psilocin when it's in your body, so technically an increase of .02% dry weight in psilocybin would be like a .04% dry weight increase in psilocin?

But with the tryptamine experiment % of dry weight for psilocin was increased by up to 3.29% and psilocybin suffered a decrease of up to .54% dry weight.  If my calculations are correct that is an increase of:

.54*2 = 1.08

3.29 - 1.08 = 3.21% dry weight increase in psilocin.

Before I continue inquiring with questions, please confirm if my conversion rate of psilocybin to psilocin is correct or not.  I'm just beginning to get into more advanced ideas of mushroom cultivation, so all help or explanations are useful to me (aside from the links provided in this post).

- Silven :wink:

--------------------
What do you bring to the table?

InvisiblePinback
Stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: Europe
Re: Tryptophan question [Re: Silven]
    #3264626 - 10/22/04 12:30 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

One molecule of psilocybin breaks down to one molecule of psilocin. Since the psilocybin molecule is heavier, the resulting weight of the psilocin will be less though. For example, if you have 1 gram of psilocybin, it will break down to 0.72 g of psilocin. 1 g of psilocin corresponds to 1.39 g of psilocybin.

Your calculations are a bit strange though, since you compare values from different samples.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Bulk Substrate