Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleBi0TeK
elephant man

Loc: Yorkshire Moors, Great Br...
Sporeworks "sterile" semilanceata prints?
    #2276917 - 01/27/04 07:28 AM (20 years, 2 months ago)

How can sporeworks guarantee sterile P semilanceata prints when it's an outdoor species thats near enough impossible to cultivate in lab conditions? I've only heard of it cultivated in sterile conditions once before in a erlenmeyer flask although I could be wrong.

--------------------
PROMOTE BACTERIA. THEY'RE THE ONLY CULTURE SOME PEOPLE HAVE.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflinepsilocyberV
old hand

Re: Sporeworks "sterile" semilanceata prints? [Re: Bi0TeK]
    #2277403 - 01/27/04 11:04 AM (20 years, 2 months ago)

As with any outdoor collected spore specimen, there does run the chance that these samples may contain the presence of molds or bacteria. However, this is the case with all outdoor collected samples of which many of our exotic Psilocybes can only come from wild collected specimens. This is why it is typically recommened not to create spore syringes from outdoor collected spore samples.

Since these samples are sold for microscopy use only we cannot "guarantee" them to be clean for viability purposes, however most people will find that our outdoor collections are superb and relatively clean and free from contaminations. Besides, anyone that would be ordering this species for microscopy use would have a fairly good idea on how to work with it for their purposes, even if it had to be cleaned up slightly.

There is no way to guarantee 100% contamination free spore samples unless the specimen is grown under laboratory conditions.

InvisibleBi0TeK
elephant man

Loc: Yorkshire Moors, Great Br...
Re: Sporeworks "sterile" semilanceata prints? [Re: psilocyber]
    #2277520 - 01/27/04 12:00 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

Thanks for the reply psilocyber.

I was merely trying to clear up a few questions on the mushroom cultivation forum. Someone was advised to make a syringe from a semilanceata print obtained from the sporeworks and I advised against it and recommended using agar as there is likely to be a chance of contamination.

I think it might be misleading for newbs who visit your site as it says on your Microscopy Kit: Spore prints page "Spore prints are collections of spores taken on a sterile medium under sterile conditions;" which is not the case in this instance.

Bi0

--------------------
PROMOTE BACTERIA. THEY'RE THE ONLY CULTURE SOME PEOPLE HAVE.

OfflinepsilocyberV
old hand

Re: Sporeworks "sterile" semilanceata prints? [Re: Bi0TeK]
    #2277646 - 01/27/04 01:09 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

No problem, I understand. We used to have language on each species description saying if the print collection was outdoor or indoor. However a lot of the display language changed in light of recent occurences within this field and as a result we removed that distinction from the individual pages. It was to be replaced by better language, just never got around to it.

I have modified our "print" discription page (www.sporeworks.com/print.html) to address the concern that some prints (most exotic Psilocybes) may be from outdoor collected specimens and not suitable for use in syringe solutions. This does NOT mean they are contaminated, but the likelyhood exists and the buyer should be made aware.

I guess we just sort of assumed that most people that would be interested in this material would know which mushroom spore samples are likely to have been collected outdoors. Either way the material should be clean, if not relatively clean, and easy to work with for your microscopy purposes.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale