Home | Community | Message Board

MagicBag Grow Bags
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineJackal
Well Versed In Etiquette
 User Gallery

Is Entheogen Popularity On The Rise?
    #1683775 - 07/03/03 11:31 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

I'm not sure. It seems to me that more and more people are looking for entheogenic experience. It doesn't take as much searching as it used to, to find the substances.

What do you guys think?

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflinePaid
Pict
 User Gallery

Loc: Zone ate
Re: Is Entheogen Popularity On The Rise? [Re: Jackal]
    #1683781 - 07/03/03 11:33 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

I think your right, it has moved out of the realms of hippys and witches
to take in a whole range of folk. Herbalisum is on the rise and growing :-) imo

--------------------

InvisibleBoppity604
Stranger
Re: Is Entheogen Popularity On The Rise? [Re: Paid]
    #1683898 - 07/03/03 12:22 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

I hope so.  Speaking from a US-centric point of view, the more we have responsible cultivator and users, the sooner the government will loose ground on the war on drugs.  They want you to believe all drug trade supports terrorism.  George W. doesn't want the masses knowing that the attorney at the end of the block also grows some of the dankest Sativas in her state.  Congress doesn't want to hear a single mother of 3 who runs her own business out of her home also has a small grow of cubensis going that she partakes of once or twice a month when her babysitter takes the kids for the night.  The last thing in the world present-day gov't wants the masses to know is that there is a huge difference between mature, responsible dosing of any given chemical or substance and that "law abiding, decent citizens" can't possibly do drugs in a positive and respectful way that doesn't involve gangs in some "inner city" or trafficing such goods for profit.  The more and more people who simply cultivate their own natural psychedelics (I emphasize this to differentiate other chemicals/compounds/molecules that need labs to properly isolate/synthesize them) and do so in respectful, non-intrusive ways...the sooner this stupid War On Drugs will go away and the the War On Ignorance can really begin.  Sorry Mr. Bush...while I'm sure a percentage of drug $$ may indeed ends up in some terrorists' hands, the majority of all the cultivators I have ever met/known were small-scale situations who grew solely for themselves and their friends to guarantee quality and safety of their goods.

The overall mentality in this country can be very depressing at times...instead of just simply allowing the freedom of an individual to do whatever they want TO THEMSELVES and write laws that bind those individuals to being responsible for their actions while on a drug they chose to dose...we instead "blame the sin" before "the sinner."  I truly believe that the US will one day follow the example of other countries who have either legalized or at least decriminalized "soft drugs."  How soon that will happen, I don't know.  Hopefully at some point in my lifetime...

Personally I simply don't see why all drugs can't be legal.  I think addicts should be able to receive doses under monitored conditions.  I think if all drugs are legal they should be either Federally or State controlled.  If you make weed legal, I'll gladly buy them at a state-sanctioned weed shop.  And I'll gladly pay taxes on it too.  I would also support needing a license to grow my own; a license which would legally bind me to penalties if I sold my herb to minors. 

So many conservatives I've had the legalization conversation with tend to bring up this excuse for not legalizing: "If we legalize drugs, our country will simply become a wasteland of junkies and addicts."  You can tell only people who've never taken drugs or gotten to know a particular "drug culture" would say this.  The people in this country who would do any given drug, are ALREADY DOING it.  LOL  I'm sure if legalization occured there are people out there who'd be more willing to give it a try.  But other countries have shown that legalization does NOT increase usage nor increase in addiction rates among users.  It's as if conservatives fear that legalization would somehow send a message that NOBODY in the US will have a sense of morality or common sense with their usage.  You would think the entire Prohibition experience would have shown exactly why legalization DOES work!  Making drugs legal and being provided by safe, proper cultivators and laboratories will put to end the need for shady garage chemists and strangers looking to make money off users (and worse, addicts).  If you simply offer a safe supply, nobody's gonna run to the underground! 

You want to end violence over drugs??  LEGALIZE them!  The only violence I've ever witnessed over drugs was either someone too fucked up on a substance and started shit with other people (and isn't it amazing how alcohol, which is legal, lends itself to so much violence?) or people shooting back at DEA busts on TV.  If you end the "war"...both sides of the line will drop their weapons.  And simply creating laws binding individuals to being responsible for their actions while they're on any given drug will make users think twice if they don't learn to control themselves while dosed.

I guess it just comes down to the lemming-nature of older generations who were taught it was better to conform than to think things through.  Hopefully in a few more generations our law-makers and office-holders will be smart enough to realize generalizations no longer have merit in any social situation.  Responsibility falls on the shoulders of the individual 90% of the time.  If an individual is too young, or has a condition in which they cannot make rational decisions on their own, their guardians are responsible for their care.  How hard is that to understand?

Sorry for writing a tome...just had the urge to share some thoughts about the situation.  In closing I would simply say, regardless of the motivations of people who use any given substance, what truly matters is how those people act while they're on those substances.  As long as you don't intrude on the lives of other people around you while you're dosing...who the hell cares??  :smile:  I think I was born in the wrong country.  :smile:  At least in Holland I could actually marry my boyfriend and smoke weed at the reception.  Isn't that good enough?  It is for me...

Love & Light,

Boppity       

Offlinenoth1ng
Stranger
Re: Is Entheogen Popularity On The Rise? [Re: Boppity604]
    #1683940 - 07/03/03 12:42 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

ditto...except the whole marrying a boyfriend thing
-

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
Loc: Hyperspace
    #1683948 - 07/03/03 12:45 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

that was an excellent rant, Boppity604

--------------------
Insert an "I think" mentally in front of eveything I say that seems sketchy, because I certainly don't KNOW much. Also; feel free to yell at me.
In addition: SHPONGLE

InvisibleArmFromTheAbyss
Old Hand

Loc: Down here in Babylon
    #1683949 - 07/03/03 12:46 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

the War On Ignorance can really begin

Isn't that an oxymoron. Fuck war, they throw that term around like a dodgeball. I like the term Oposition.

But I think the rise of ethnogen use correlates partially with the Internet. I mean, look at this place, Bouncing Bear and erowid. Without these places so many people wouldn't know that there is a spiritual side to psychedelics, or be as likely to obtain them. It's definitely on the rise and isn't it beautiful?

--------------------

OfflineJackal
Well Versed In Etiquette
 User Gallery

Re: Is Entheogen Popularity On The Rise? [Re: ArmFromTheAbyss]
    #1683953 - 07/03/03 12:48 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

isn't it beautiful?

It is! Very!

--------------------

Invisiblesoochi
Chef
 User Gallery

Loc: The Richest County
    #1683999 - 07/03/03 01:15 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Maybe, I guess it depends where you live and what you are exposed to. However there is still a plethora of negative and downright wrong information regarding Entheogens out there, that generally, it still has a negative aura surrounding it. Why do people still think acid is such a bad drug?? Some people classify it along with coke and heroin.This to me shows the ingnorace this country embraces as patriotism. One can only hope that in their lifetime, as well as mine, we will see a shift in the thinking of society. A shift towards acceptance, understanding and tolerance.

--------------------
Wee, sleeket, cowran, tim'rous beastie,
O, what panic's in thy breastie!
Thou need na start awa sae hasty,
Wi' bickering brattle!

OfflineNoviseer
Percussion isFree
 User Gallery

Re: Is Entheogen Popularity On The Rise? [Re: soochi]
    #1684044 - 07/03/03 01:43 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

acid is a bad drug because it stays in your spine for the rest of your life, and whenever you crack your back, some of it leaks out, and you have a flashback, where you imagine yourself as a glass of orange juice, and flip out when someone tries to lay you down because of a fear of spilling your orange juice everywhere :cool:

In all seriousness, if entheogens were legalized, and responsible, conclusive information was available about their effects, dangers, etc., I think it would be good for society, as very creative people previously unwilling to embark on the mysterious illegal experience of psychedelia would try it, come up with some amazing ideas, and stop voting for Bush :grin:

During our last trip, my friend asked me, "During his drug days, do you think George W. Bush ever ate mushrooms?" 

Me - "Hell no! You do not take mushrooms in your life and then behave like that.  No freakin way."

MY friend - "Exactly"!

--------------------

InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

Loc: In the jungle
    #1684050 - 07/03/03 01:45 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Nice post Boppity.  :smile:  But it seems you don't have to go to Holland to marry your boyfriend or smoke some weed.  Canada is making great progress.  :wink:  Its Destination #1 for me when I am financially ready. 

OfflinePlantShaman
PlantShaman
Male
Loc: Georgia, USA
    #1684083 - 07/03/03 01:54 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

I was told once by some hard core right wingers(my mother and father) that there was a demon residing in the mushroom that had taken hold of me and was using me for his own sick, perverted and evil purposes. I responded, "Do demons teach the message of universal love?". That percentage of them that go to church every Sunday to be pumped full of god is still telling people the same lies as usual. They still believe strongly that Satan and his demons are out there and responsible for all the non conformity in the world. If it doesn't walk and talk like a brainwashed Jesus freak then it must be a demon. I do however live in one of the most church going places in the U.S. Though novelty is concressing even here. Business as usual, soon will no longer be an option. Things are definitely changing. Humanity will again be rocked in the cradle of the great horned mushroom goddess as it was before history began.

--------------------
Visit my shop at PlantShaman.net!

InvisibleBoppity604
Stranger
Re: Is Entheogen Popularity On The Rise? [Re: PlantShaman]
    #1684275 - 07/03/03 03:07 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

>>Canada is making great progress.  Its Destination #1 for me when I am financially ready.

Heh...ya...they're definitely making strides.  I think the more that other countries that the US relies on heavily for trade start to legalize...the US will have more pressue on its back.  I love how a few weeks ago Bush urged Canada not to decriminalize because the US would have to increase border patrols and searches.  POOR BABY BUSH!  Heaven forbid he should have to do MORE work with his war on drugs because other cultures and countries are waking up.  I'm so glad I didn't vote for him.  :smile:

Love & Light,

Boppity

OfflineChocolateMush
Night Tripper
Loc: around the twin cities, m...
Re: Is Entheogen Popularity On The Rise? [Re: Noviseer]
    #1684476 - 07/03/03 04:26 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Noviseer said:
acid is a bad drug because it stays in your spine for the rest of your life, and whenever you crack your back, some of it leaks out, and you have a flashback, where you imagine yourself as a glass of orange juice, and flip out when someone tries to lay you down because of a fear of spilling your orange juice everywhere :cool:

haha, i was gettin ready to freak out there!

i agree that bush has made stupid choices in the war on drugs, and i also agree that he is losing the fight..

--------------------
Um, what can I say besides... I love mushrooms?!

OfflineSheepish
 User Gallery

Loc: Exile
Re: Is Entheogen Popularity On The Rise? [Re: ChocolateMush]
    #1684781 - 07/03/03 07:36 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

and i also agree that he is losing the fight..

And they will til the end of time. Drugs have existed since the creation of nature, and the only way to eradicate drugs and their usage from the entire planet is to destroy our planet. Despite their efforts, shrooms STILL grow (and have been doing for millions of years), along with lots of other plants. And as long as the demand for drugs is there, so will the labs/growers. If the government really cared for it's citizens, it would make sure that people aren't exposed to the black market, impure products and violence. Wouldn't it be nice that your citizens could go to a shop and purchase UNCUT and UNLACED drugs, without having to fear for their lives, and perhaps be exposed to an often very dangerous and greedy market?
You're worried about the children? Well, guess what? Thanks to prohibition, greedy/corrupt dealers can make a fortune by selling their wares to your school children (there's no age limit remember....and there's no tax either).
On the news the other day, they were talking about some kind of wonder drug that would help some kind of health problem (I think to do with drinking) and they also mentioned that thousands a year die from alcohol related diseases and obsesity, and that alcohol is linked to more than 60 diseases. It boggles the mind doesn't it? No wonder so many people are confused when it comes to drugs - some of the biggest killers are legal and advertised and sold like they're the safest thing around.
The sad thing is some people actually believe alcohol is far safer than using illicit drugs.

Invisiblesoochi
Chef
 User Gallery

Loc: The Richest County
Re: Is Entheogen Popularity On The Rise? [Re: Sheepish]
    #1684884 - 07/03/03 08:14 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

They won't legalize marijuana till it has killed someone

-Bill Mahr.

--------------------
Wee, sleeket, cowran, tim'rous beastie,
O, what panic's in thy breastie!
Thou need na start awa sae hasty,
Wi' bickering brattle!

Offlinetooky
ol' smokeyglazed eyes

#1685832 - 07/04/03 05:02 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Boppity604 said:
I think the more that other countries that the US relies on heavily for trade start to legalize...the US will have more pressue on its back.

Things are starting to move forward in the UK. Cannabis possession will soon not be an arrestable offence, and their are many people calling for the legalisation of possession and culitvation for personal use (that'd really fuck the big time dealers and importers :laugh:)!

I wonder how the US government will react as its closest (*shudder*) ally moves closer to legalising weed?

--------------------
--
"Give a man a fire and he's warm for the day, but set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life."

- Terry Pratchett, Jingo, 1997

Edited by tooky (07/04/03 05:03 AM)

OfflineSev
Astropath
Loc: NY
Re: Is Entheogen Popularity On The Rise? [Re: tooky]
    #1687500 - 07/05/03 04:20 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

tooky said:

Things are starting to move forward in the UK. Cannabis possession will soon not be an arrestable offence, and their are many people calling for the legalisation of possession and culitvation for personal use (that'd really fuck the big time dealers and importers :laugh:)!

In my opinion, that latter point -- fucking the dealers and the importers -- is one of the strongest arguments for legalizing cultivation.  Low prices, safer, surer product, and who the fuck is gonna get violent about something anyone could grow?

I'm not sure how the US is going to react to further relaxation of the laws in Canada.  SOme people've talked about trade sanctions, and it's certainly going to make it harder to get into the States, or back into the States, from there, but I think that the US will be ovearwhelmed as countries start to return to sanity. 

--------------------
"Do we want the stars? We can have them. Can we borrow cups of fire from the sun? We can and must and light the world." --"On the Shoulders of Giants", Ray Bradbury

All of my posts are full of fiction and blatant lies.

InvisibleXlea321
Stranger
Re: Is Entheogen Popularity On The Rise? [Re: tooky]
    #1688179 - 07/05/03 02:47 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Things are starting to move forward in the UK. Cannabis possession will soon not be an arrestable offence, and their are many people calling for the legalisation of possession and culitvation for personal use

I think Blunkett has gone as far as he ever intends to go. He's stated he has no intention of legalising it and with a "New Labour" government that's furthur to the right than Thatcher I can't see legalising happening.

--------------------
Don't worry, B. Caapi

Invisibledilatedcreature
veteran

#1688810 - 07/05/03 08:35 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

come on we all know drugs are bad ! and these hardened criminals
need to be locked away with child molesters !

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
Loc: Hyperspace
    #1688817 - 07/05/03 08:38 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

I don't see an increase in psychedelic use here in Los Angeles, but that doesn't mean psychedelic use isn't increasing here :wink:

Call me a pessimist, but I think we're screwed unless we get some more mckennas or something who will stand up and "promote" these substances with a loud (even if a bit insane.. :wink: ) voice

--------------------
Insert an "I think" mentally in front of eveything I say that seems sketchy, because I certainly don't KNOW much. Also; feel free to yell at me.
In addition: SHPONGLE

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order