Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinexjunglismx
Stranger
vitamin c and mushrooms
    #736194 - 07/10/02 08:58 AM (21 years, 8 months ago)

ive heard through the grapevine that eating a substantial amount of vitamin c increases the effects of psilocybe mushrooms. i was wondering if anybody on here has heard the same thing, experimented with this, or knows for a fact that it works. i have searched and searched online, but can not find an answer. please respond quickly! i want to eat these tonight with my friend, but it may not be enough and vitamin c would really help if it actually does the trick. thanks for your help.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleRebelSteve33
Amateur Mycologist
Male

Loc: Arizona
Re: vitamin c and mushrooms [Re: xjunglismx]
    #736506 - 07/10/02 10:35 AM (21 years, 8 months ago)

I think this has been gone over many times before, but I have heard it go both ways. First I heard that Vitamin C helps to enhance the trip, but then someone else told me that in Japan they sell Vitamin C at their shroom shops as a way to help bring the trip down if it gets too strong.

However, I can tell you that my usual method of dosing is to blend my shrooms up with some 100% OJ, and I have not noticed ANY diminished effects with this method. I am unable to say whether it increases the effects, though, b/c that is the only way I have dosed except for my very first time.

Hope this helped

RS

--------------------
Namaste.

OfflineArisEve
My Chronic

Loc: Use a GPS if ya wanna kno...
    #736521 - 07/10/02 10:38 AM (21 years, 8 months ago)

its a plecebo.. but plecebos work. if you think it will help.. you will probably trip better. if you truely think its going to work. if your undecided it wont do anything. Japanese people get their mind on something and they stick to it. So if it sells in japan to bring ppl down then they take it for that.. But its whatever choice you want .

--------------------
Simple pleasures in life are only to momentarily distract you from the obviousness of lifes reality...

-ArisEve

OfflineReeferMan

Loc: wonderland
    #736879 - 07/10/02 01:35 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

I have heard that but i have never tried it myslef. I know for a fact that if you are rolling the vitamin c will take you higher but i am not sure about shrooms. I have heard that shrooms depleat your bodies supply of vitamin c but i also cant back it up with any research. But what the hell take a couple hunred milligrams it cant harm you any and if it works and makes you trip harder let us know.

"One Love" - BOB MARLEY

--------------------
The superior man is modest in his speech, but exceeds in his actions.

~Confucius (551-479 B.C.) Confucian Analects

InvisibleTM
The Mind, The Many, The Music.
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Under The Table And Dream...
    #737125 - 07/10/02 03:25 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

I find that blending shrooms with OJ or sunny delight definately produces a stronger trip, but the acidity can cause some nausea (I've thrown up twice diong this, in the middle of my peak). Since then I've used lemon flavored sugar sweetened iced tea or hawaiian punch and don't get the nausea, but my next trip I'm gonna use vitamin c tabs and fresh squeezed valencia OJ...

Hope that helps you out some.

--------------------
================================================

"Have some congratulatory drugs." - C. Montgomery Burns

I'll probably always do drugs, so that just contributes to the addiction to The Shroomery... It's a vicious circle of bliss. :tongue2:

TM™ :cool:

OfflinegeokillsA
∙∙∙∙☼ º¿° ☼∙∙∙∙
Male User Gallery

Loc: city of angels
    #738702 - 07/11/02 07:55 AM (21 years, 8 months ago)

i've tripped slightly under ten times. i've tried experiments with the same strain of shrooms from the same batch with and without vitamin c and cannot tell any difference. as was stated above, it's likely to be your mind telling you it's doing something and that's why it may appear to some that it works wonders. but for me, from an objective perscpective not knowing one way or the other, and experimentation: it does not help or hinder

PS. you didn't search very hard did you? there's countless vitamin c posts on this board alone

--------------------

--------------------
··∙   long live the shroomery  ∙··
...π╥ ╥π...

Invisiblejtseaweed
Stranger

Loc: in the middle of everywhe...
Re: vitamin c and mushrooms [Re: ReeferMan]
    #739820 - 07/11/02 03:35 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

Vit.c doesnt do anything for a roll because Vit c is acidic and ecstasy is a base.
Thats why when you taste a pill its real bitter not sour.

--------------------

buisness is kickin yo butt

OfflineMattR177
Stranger
Loc: CA UnitedStates Earth Uni...
    #740486 - 07/11/02 09:34 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

ive heard that rumor when it comes to rollin but i dont think there is any kind of scientific proof... id have to say its all mental.

"i think therefore i exsist"

InvisibleBoppity604
Stranger
Re: vitamin c and mushrooms [Re: jtseaweed]
    #740797 - 07/12/02 04:55 AM (21 years, 8 months ago)

>>Vit.c doesnt do anything for a roll because Vit c is acidic and ecstasy is a base.
Thats why when you taste a pill its real bitter not sour.

This is without doub the most UNEDUCATED statement I've read here at Shroomery...and believe me there's plenty of stupid things on the non-shroom related forums.

Vitamin C enhances all experiences. Supplies more oxygen to the neural synapses which in turn produce stronger effects of whatever substance you've taken (in so far as that said experience relies on nerual synaptic activity).

E tastes bitter for two reasons: MDMA itself is a salt and if you get pure powder it will have a heavy metallic after taste. Most street pills are pressed with fillers (usually glucose based) and that filler is the bitterness you taste. The only way to safely determine if your pill has MDMA/MDA/MDE in it is to test your pills.

This post truly gives me good enough reason to stay out of these forums...too many young kids trying to front intelligence encouraging others with bad information and stupid risky behavior.

Educate yourselves dammit!

Peace,

Boppity

Invisiblejtseaweed
Stranger

Loc: in the middle of everywhe...
Re: vitamin c and mushrooms [Re: Boppity604]
    #741185 - 07/12/02 08:45 AM (21 years, 8 months ago)

thats my story and im stickin to it.

I know from experience and people that use ectasy often.

--------------------

buisness is kickin yo butt

Offlineshrooma
Did you hear therumour?
Male

Loc: Near the exit of the entr...
Re: vitamin c and mushrooms [Re: jtseaweed]
    #743004 - 07/12/02 11:31 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

boppity - despite whether your information is correct or not i think they're are more appropriate ways to make your point. Why the hell not take vitamin C i mean if it works then great and if it doesn't what have you got to lose?I mean unless it says "Do Not Mix With Psychoactive Mushrooms" on the bottle, pill away!

--------------------
"[More than] half the people in federal prison are there for drug offences. We're arresting half a million people a year for possessing marijuana. We're locking up kids sometimes for life for their first drug offence. We have no room in our prisons for rapists and child molesters and murderers cause we're filling them up with these non violent drug offenders." - Steven Duke, Yale Law School on 'Hooked: Illegal Drugs and How They Got That Way'
-

InvisibleFreakQlibrium
Son of Uncle Meat
Male User Gallery

Loc: Toronto Canada
    #743108 - 07/13/02 03:07 AM (21 years, 8 months ago)

I've done shrooms a few times over the past 3 weeks.......and the last couple of times I have prefaced my trip with a veritable fruit feast(excluding cantelope because I had read what seemed to be a somehat creible post somewhere stating that Beta carotene somehow inhibited the FX of the shroomage, both in intensity and duration).....man that was a LONG digression! LOL........but I did want to say tht for me, without a doubt, the vitmin C found in grapes,grapefruit, oranges, apples etc seems to make me trip harder and more importantly(o me at least) a LOT longer. Last night I tripped with someone that had no vitamin C in any form all day......we dropped at the same time and yet I was tripping for a couple of hours longer than they were....this is just my experience but I wanted to share

--------------------
"Being crazier than a shithouse rat is not sufficient grounds for banishment"

OfflineVizzerdrix 00
Loc: ShRoOm LaNd!
    #754345 - 07/17/02 05:59 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

Man, I have rolled quite a few times, and after a while, I started drinking packing on the Sunny Delight the day of my roll, and I have noticed a BIG increase in how hard I roll. Not only can I tell, but so can my friends who r on the same amount!
So I know it works for beans...
But I would only imagine that it would work the same way for shrooms too!
Only one way to find out right...?

--------------------
later

Edited by Vizzerdrix 00 (07/17/02 06:00 PM)

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder