Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

PhytoExtractum Shop: Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineaeonblue
OrganicSpiral

Loc: northeast us
A "trip" to Alex Grey's...
    #1555901 - 05/17/03 08:47 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Well, I actually made it to Alex Grey's place on Thursday in Brooklyn and here is how it all happened. Boarded a bus and spent 4 1/2 hours on it....arrived at Port Authority at 5 am....ate at the City Lights diner..mmmm..
Watched the new Matrix too. Found some friends who just happened to have some E so I got 2 and prepared for a good time. Took the first one about 6:30pm and spent an hour on the subway waiting to meet my favorite artist. After walking a few blocks we came to 725 union street which was the address at his site. A very nondescript building with someone at the door reading. He told us to go on up and have a great time. Went upstairs and into a large room..........with many of Alex Grey's paintings on the wall. Let me just say that anyone who has seen his work and knows a little about them would have had the same reaction I did upon walking in. Those paintings right in front of me.............I couldn't even believe it (we sat on a red leather couch while his Oversoul painting

was right behind us!!!!) Alex and Allyson were seated in the center surrounded by at the most 35 people. I thought it would be well attended but apparently not so. That was fine with me! A shaman from Brooklyn whom the Grey's met at one of their Omega Institute art workshops performed a beautiful ceremony and then we all "professionally prayed" for ourselves, others, and the chapel. After the ceremony there was a question and answer session with Alex and Allyson as well as wine and cheese. There were posters for sale and Alex said he would autograph them all. Maybe I will get a shot of mine and post it later. And one of the best parts in this entire story- works in progress. We got to see several new unfinished pieces (!) and many sketches for the chapel and its interior. Alex and Allyson thanked everyone for being there and said that we were now "part of the family" and were welcome to come back. After we left, I took my second smiley face and went to a Bulgarian bar for some $6 Amstel Lights. Gotta love the city.

Lately I have been very down on life as some unexpected things have happened in the last month. This event has given me more hope for myself and all of us that I cannot begin to believe it. I felt a little strange being on ecstasy but my mind was put at ease when Alex talked about one of his recent experiences on it. The culmination of MDMA, the full moon and eclipse, and the absolutely beautiful art of Alex and Allyson was something I will never forget. This was truly the best trip of my life in every sense of the word.

--------------------
The trouble with our times is that the future is not what it used to be.

Paul Valery

www.dailygrail.com

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineMeph
Synesthesiac

Loc: Qu?bec
Re: A "trip" to Alex Grey's... [Re: aeonblue]
    #1555932 - 05/17/03 09:24 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Wonderful... unexpected life-changing events always come when you're going through bad times. You have people watching over you.

Good luck! Is your ex-girlfriend still on your mind?

Don't regret your past; look in front of you, clench your fists and get ready to discover everything that's out there, waiting.

A broken heart is useful, in the sense that it will provide you with any inspiration you need to write your songs, for example.

Again, good luck. Drop me a PM sometime.

--------------------
I'm a bipedal carbon-based pseudo-random number generator.

Demonstration: 152.

OfflineMurex
Reality Hacker

Loc: Traped in a shell.
    #1556310 - 05/17/03 02:14 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

That sounded nice.  :grin:

--------------------
What if everything around you
Isn't quite as it seems?
What if all the world you think you know,
Is an elaborate dream?
And if you look at your reflection,
Is it all you want it to be?

OfflinegeokillsA
∙∙∙∙☼ º¿° ☼∙∙∙∙
Male User Gallery

Loc: city of angels
    #1556834 - 05/17/03 08:35 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

That man's art is very cool. Sounds like a wonderful time. How did you come to find out about it? Were you given an invite, bought tickets, or just walked in?

--------------------

--------------------
··∙   long live the shroomery  ∙··
...π╥ ╥π...

OfflinePDU
travel kid vs.amerika
 User Gallery

Loc: beautiful BC
Re: A [Re: geokills]
    #1556847 - 05/17/03 08:42 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Im jealous. I emailed Alex about using his art for tattoo's, he's very supportive of the idea 'long as you send him pictures, that adds to me liking him.

--------------------
GO OUTSIDE.

Offlineaeonblue
OrganicSpiral

Loc: northeast us
Re: A "trip" to Alex Grey's... [Re: geokills]
    #1557459 - 05/18/03 08:13 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

How did you come to find out about it?

There was an open invite to everyone on his website. There was no charge to get in or anything. I thought that since I was travelling from 7 hours away to see it, then it would be full of people who would only have to travel a short distance. I was wrong. There were very few people there. Glad I went and I am going to go back.

--------------------
The trouble with our times is that the future is not what it used to be.

Paul Valery

www.dailygrail.com

Jump to top Pages: 1

PhytoExtractum Shop: Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder