Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineabert
Stranger

Loc: somewhere in Russia
P. mexicana strain A - fruit body - How?
    #971462 - 10/18/02 02:45 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

What methods it is possible to provoke fruit body at P. mexicana strain A (sclerotia forming) by.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineboO
Female User Gallery

Re: P. mexicana strain A - fruit body - How? [Re: abert] * 1
    #971502 - 10/18/02 03:54 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

Una's guide to Mexicana A strain

If you look at the methods link on his site, you'll be able to get instructions on how to provoke sclerotia formation.

Offlineabert
Stranger

Re: P. mexicana strain A - fruit body - How? [Re: boO]
    #971584 - 10/18/02 04:53 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

I want to FRUIT BODY (not Sclerotia) for reception spore print. Sclerotia grow in a plenty. :wink: 

InvisibleCLuB99
lost somewhere in time and space
Male User Gallery

Loc: my mind
Re: P. mexicana strain A - fruit body - How? [Re: abert]
    #971637 - 10/18/02 05:23 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

from what i understood from una's posts, a prolonged cold shock (7-15 days in the fridge at least) is in order to promote vigorous fruiting....

OfflineAnnoA
Experimenter
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: my room
Re: P. mexicana strain A - fruit body - How? [Re: CLuB99]
    #971639 - 10/18/02 05:23 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

Yes.

OfflineboO
Female User Gallery

#971677 - 10/18/02 05:56 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

ahh sorry my bad...here i'll give an excuse: i really want to go home and i'm stuck at my stupid job looking at the computer screen ina  zombie like way.  :grin:

Offlineabert
Stranger

Re: P. mexicana strain A - fruit body - How? [Re: boO]
    #1061720 - 11/18/02 03:31 AM (21 years, 4 months ago)

Tell me please, when it is better to spend a prolonged cold shock?

I have placed containers in a refrigerator after 1 week, after shelter casing soil. After 2 weeks I have taken out containers from a refrigerator. At once in 2 days have begun to be formed pin of fruit body, but the mushrooms and have not grown. And after 1 week, have appeared and now continue to grow 6 fruit body. It already second wave of a crop? :shocked:

May be, the containers should be placed in a refrigerator at once after a covering casing soil, instead of to wait week?
6 fruit body is a bad crop for strain A, or it is normal? 

InvisibleChampion des Champignons
long standing member;)

Loc: Alba
    #1061740 - 11/18/02 03:50 AM (21 years, 4 months ago)

I took my mex-a casing out of the fridge after 2 weeks and put it in the fruiting chamber 3 days ago. No sign of pins yet, but the casing is erupting with sclerotia. I wonder if this is a sign that it isn't going to fruit...?

--------------------
---------------------------------------------------
hmmm........

Invisibleshymanta
Mad Scientist
 User Gallery

Re: P. mexicana strain A - fruit body - How? [Re: Champion des Champignons]
    #5233839 - 01/28/06 01:25 AM (18 years, 2 months ago)

Allow me to raise the dead. :levitate:

I just read Mexicana fruit from May to October.  Check out emvironmental parameters in Mexico between these months.

Hmm... Was that worth the Necromancy?  Oh, well fuck it.

Offlinexxanxx
Mycophile
 User Gallery

Re: P. mexicana strain A - fruit body - How? [Re: shymanta]
    #5236895 - 01/28/06 11:14 PM (18 years, 2 months ago)

^^LOL

--------------------
"The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side."
-Hunter S. Thompson, RIP

Offlinesuzie_girl
journeyman
Loc: The Proud and Ignorant So...
    #5238539 - 01/29/06 01:06 PM (18 years, 2 months ago)

Just curious about your desire for a print...to share with others? for posterity? I haven't tried yet (but will with this batch) tossing a stone into media (rice or rye seeds) to effectively clone what you already have and to continue stone production.

suzie

--------------------

Invisibleshymanta
Mad Scientist
 User Gallery

Re: P. mexicana strain A - fruit body - How? [Re: suzie_girl]
    #5850155 - 07/12/06 08:52 AM (17 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

suzie_girl said:
tossing a stone into media... to effectively clone what you already have and to continue stone production.

Yes, this will work. Take a stone and soak it in water with a little H2O2 then put it into the substrate or put it on an agar plate. It will grow.

Offlinejohnuk
Strangerlove
Re: P. mexicana strain A - fruit body - How? [Re: shymanta]
    #5855847 - 07/13/06 08:00 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

If anyone manages to get some fruits from their Mexicana I'd be really interested in a print (see sig).

Waxingren is sending me a print of Atlantis #7 (sclerotia forming). He was unable to get them to fruit inside (said he tried for months) so put them outside in some plant pots with some compost and bingho..... fruits. Check it out!

http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/5690195#Post5690195

Perhaps it's possible these strains are similar to Liberty Caps in their need for compost / bacteria to be present for fruiting? I saw someone trying to fruit Liberty Caps indoors recently and they found they needed to have a sprinkling of unsterilised soil present to get it fruiting.

I love truffle veriants.

Invisibledurban_poison
myco contractor
    #5856482 - 07/13/06 11:24 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

well i know they can fruit without a cold shock after time. i left my lab and everything in it while i set my new place up because of a random robber(they must have been like wtf?). 4 months later i go back to empty everything out and i remember my cultures were on the top floor. i assumed they would be ruined by then. there was no ac on and it was about 102 degrees up there(top floor was a attic converted to living quarters). well i go and pull out my culture for the most part they were dead(shriveled up agar). but i noticed when throwing them out some of my mexicana's had little mushrooms in the dish(mind you they were all fuzzy and coated with something but you could still see the dark blue on the stem also). i was amazed as i had little to no luck fruiting the a-strain because my casing kept drying out(yeah i know it was my fault).

InvisibleOlgualion
Shaman-In-Training
 User Gallery

Loc: Currently Earth...
Trusted Cultivator
Re: P. mexicana strain A - fruit body - How? [Re: durban_poison]
    #5859284 - 07/14/06 07:25 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

I have found that mexicana and tampanensis will both fruit with a short coldshock as well. The mycelium seems to want to gather enough energy before fruiting. I'm thinking they want to have at least some critical level of potential energy before happily responding to fruiting triggers. So, just let them build energy from the substrate for a month after full colonisation! Then case, let the mycelium run through the casing layer. After 20% or so poking through, spray it, stick it in a clean trash bag. Suck all of the air out of the bag! Tie it, stick it in the fridge for a day or a week or a month, take it out of the bag and blast it with initiation conditions!

--------------------
Study the past...
See the future...

Edited by Olgualion (07/14/06 07:31 PM)

OfflineCyber
Ash
Male User Gallery

Loc: Dearborn Michigan
Re: P. mexicana strain A - fruit body - How? [Re: Olgualion]
    #5860270 - 07/14/06 11:27 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

So you are looking to get this?

3 months in the jars, break it up and lay it out in a pan. Put a good casing layer on it, Let it colonize the casing layer. Then put it in the fruiting chamber @ 85% to 90% RH. It takes about 3 weeks for pins to form and then another two weeks to finish the first flush.

I Did NO Cold Shocking! And I am not giving away or trading prints. Because I only have a couple left and am going to have to grow another group :smile:

Printing them was harder than growing them. The will dry out before they drop the spores, I had to cover them with a 1/2 pint jar (4 caps per jar)

Nice prints though

Invisiblefastfred
Old Hand
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Dark side of the moon
Re: P. mexicana strain A - fruit body - How? [Re: Cyber]
    #5860349 - 07/14/06 11:55 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

Damn! Nice!

Any other secrets to share?

-FF

OfflineCyano
Stranger
Re: P. mexicana strain A - fruit body - How? [Re: fastfred]
    #5860806 - 07/15/06 05:39 AM (17 years, 9 months ago)

How potent are these Mushrooms? Are they more spiritual than Mexican Cubensis?

InvisiblePassiveAgressive
Sleepy-_-kinoko!
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Tueri honorare saltus
    #14351266 - 04/25/11 07:54 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

Here is a link to updated information concerning fruit body production in sclerotia producing psilocybe varieties (I'm not too sure, perhaps this works with other species.) The information in the link is by Stonesun, if you don't know who this is he's a fellow member here.

We can all thank him for sharing results of his undoubtedly countless tries that we can lean this the easy way. If you use this guide or at least find it entertaining, make sure you give him a favorable rating.

A Comprehensive Sclerotia Cultivation Guide - From Spore Print to Spore Print (VER 1.0).pdf

--------------------

(\___/)
(= ‘.’=)
(”)__(”)
:amanitajar:

Thousands of candles can be lit from a single candle, and the life of the candle will not be shortened.
Happiness never decreases by being shared. - Prince Gautama Siddharta, the founder of Buddhism, 563-483 B.C.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder