Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineLilMerlin
Life magicapprentice
Loc: Europe.
heat n pinning + pulling away
    #682993 - 06/16/02 11:33 PM (21 years, 9 months ago)

1. Heat n pinning: my room temp is about 28C (85F) these 6 last days, i.e. the same as in my incubator. Does that delay or prevents pinning by not telling the mycelium it's time to pin? I vent it 5 to 6 times a day, though... or more!

2. My casing surface is pulling away from the sides. I didn't know that it happened before the fruiting stage (The FAQ says it can occur between flushes.) Should I patch the borders? Is that because I don't water it enough? (everyday, lightly, esp. in the middle of the casing to avoid spraying on the mycelium)

7th day (not cold shocked). Mazatapec strain.

--------------------
"Five grams in silent darkness." T. McKenna
Why take more? Take different!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflinegeokillsA
∙∙∙∙☼ º¿° ☼∙∙∙∙
Male User Gallery

Loc: city of angels
Re: heat n pinning + pulling away [Re: LilMerlin]
    #683001 - 06/17/02 12:01 AM (21 years, 9 months ago)

your temp may be a little too high, but since you're growin' cubensis, it should still pin very soon provided ample air exchange and light are available. as far as the casing pulling away from the sides, this happens naturally as the mycelium sucks up the surrounding moisture. but keep in mind that the extra heat may be resulting in higher evaporation rates, which in turn dry our your casing quicker. just keep your casing moist, keep up the fanning, but i'd say do it only 3-4 times a day (this will keep the environment more humid inside your terrarium). if your casing is moist, stop misting it (your terrarium will provide it enough moisture to pin, and over misting can close up the extra air pockets in your casing layer, making it difficult for the mycelium to work it's magic). just fan and give it light, it should pin very soon. patience is key. good luck. oh, and you can patch the sides of the casing now if you want to, or just wait until the first flush is over, then patch up the sides and the casing surface, and give it a good misting. you may as well wait 'til the end of the flush since the fruits suck up so much moisture that your casing will pull away again anyway.

--------------------

--------------------
··∙   long live the shroomery  ∙··
...π╥ ╥π...

OfflineLilMerlin
Life magicapprentice
Loc: Europe.
Re: heat n pinning + pulling away [Re: geokills]
    #683807 - 06/17/02 11:25 AM (21 years, 9 months ago)

Thank you for your answer... I'm already follwing your directions... and we'll see.... the sooner the better.

Thanks,
LilMerlin.

--------------------
"Five grams in silent darkness." T. McKenna
Why take more? Take different!

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains