Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds Zamnesia
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: OlympusMyco.com Mushroom Grow Bags   North Spore Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleLTBOOMER
Harpua
Loc: Lietuva
Non psychoactive mushroom spores
    #564091 - 02/26/02 07:11 PM (22 years, 1 month ago)

I was just wondering if anyone knew of anywhere to buy non psychoactive mushroom spores, such as a portobella. Also where can i get information on how to grow this type of mushroom.

Thanks

--------------------
NOTICE: THIS POST IS A WORK OF FICTION AND IS FOR ENTERTAINMENT PURPOSES ONLY

"I wanna remember to remember to forget you forgot me"

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Anonymous

Re: Non psychoactive mushroom spores [Re: LTBOOMER]
    #564131 - 02/26/02 07:54 PM (22 years, 1 month ago)

Edible mushrooms are usually done using a culture or other methods. Only magic mushrooms are grown in jars. Just type 'portobello' or 'oyster mushrooms' in your search engine, their are tons of places and a lot to learn!

InvisibleLTBOOMER
Harpua
Loc: Lietuva
Re: Non psychoactive mushroom spores [Re: ]
    #564180 - 02/26/02 08:32 PM (22 years, 1 month ago)

Thanks, Any new info is welcom

--------------------
NOTICE: THIS POST IS A WORK OF FICTION AND IS FOR ENTERTAINMENT PURPOSES ONLY

"I wanna remember to remember to forget you forgot me"

InvisiblePapa_Smurf

#564184 - 02/26/02 08:34 PM (22 years, 1 month ago)

why is this? I would think that the best method would be the way the legal mushrooms would be grown. If this is the case, why wouldn't others who wanted to grow magic mushies just mimic this method?

--------------------
"Only after you have lost everything, are you free to do anything"

Anonymous

Re: Non psychoactive mushroom spores [Re: Papa_Smurf]
    #564216 - 02/26/02 08:59 PM (22 years, 1 month ago)

Growing illegal shrooms in little jars as a clandestine art.

Edibles are usually grown using methods, equipment and space that produce large amounts.

I think....

OfflineAzure
old hand
Loc: California, USA
    #564275 - 02/26/02 09:53 PM (22 years, 1 month ago)

One half pint jar can produce enough for at least one person to trip. One half pint jar of Portabello spawn isn't even enough to produce one mushroom. If you could, it would be half a mouth full...which isn't enough for a meal.

InvisiblePapa_Smurf

Re: Non psychoactive mushroom spores [Re: Azure]
    #564389 - 02/26/02 11:36 PM (22 years, 1 month ago)

would anyone be interested in discussing plans like the captain was talking about for an experienced amateur that had space, resources, and ambition enough to take on such a project?

I mean I've read up on how professionals do it, but that costs several thousands and requires things that aren't easily attainable. The novice approach (canning jars, most everything on here) is much easier, but gets poor results (as compared to the pros I am talking about). This is just my opinion, maybe I am wrong, but they can sell mushrooms for very little in the grocer.

Is there a way the two approaches could meet in the middle somewhere, or is true bulk scale production out of the question?

--------------------
"Only after you have lost everything, are you free to do anything"

Edited by Papa_Smurf (02/26/02 11:46 PM)

Invisiblearmedia
Dikaryon

Re: Non psychoactive mushroom spores [Re: Papa_Smurf]
    #564557 - 02/27/02 06:11 AM (22 years, 1 month ago)

PS -

1st of all, some edibles ARE grown in jars (e.g., enoki), because the narrow opening forces a particular, desired fruit size/shape.

And b) you don't need thousands to grow them, only variations on the same skills needed for psychoactives. (It helps to learn how to grow on a slightly larger scale, such as 5# bulk spawn bags, which are big enough to grow many mushrooms.)

I suggest you look at the edibles forum, where people are discussing these every day.

Good luck,
A

Invisiblenight trainV
Stranger
Male

Loc: Midwest US
Re: Non psychoactive mushroom spores [Re: armedia]
    #564564 - 02/27/02 06:18 AM (22 years, 1 month ago)

Depending on your market and marketing skills, you could be successful with a medium scale set-up raising shiitake or maybe portabello. Farmers markets and upscale organics stores are a good place to sell your wares, since you can usually get a higher price.

--------------------
Lil' Shop of Spores - Exotic Mushroom Spores From Around the World
Save 10% Off Any Order Use Coupon Code: SHROOMERY

InvisibleShaw

Re: Non psychoactive mushroom spores [Re: LTBOOMER]
    #564890 - 02/27/02 02:59 PM (22 years, 1 month ago)

go to the Gormet/edibal mushroom forum

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: OlympusMyco.com Mushroom Grow Bags   North Spore Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates