Home | Community | Message Board

Kratom Eye
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleMcMan
Pooh-Bah
Loc: USA
Post deleted by users_request
    #349596 - 06/26/01 09:05 PM (22 years, 9 months ago)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflinePsilocybin
Re: The truth about sterilizing coco-husk fiber [Re: McMan]
    #349636 - 06/26/01 10:13 PM (22 years, 9 months ago)

thats great info mcman, thanks for finding that out and letting everyone know. I couldn't find gro-brick but I picked up a bag from home depot called aqua-coir. Its a coir based soil conditioner that is designed to hold large amounts of water and slowly release it into its environment, so it sounds perfect for a casing. Do you know if the brand I bought is also heat sterilized? Sounds like sterilizing might be a common thing for coir that is sold in retail stores.

Get Spores for Free!!!

Invisiblenishikkiknee
journeyman
Re: The truth about sterilizing coco-husk fiber [Re: Psilocybin]
    #349653 - 06/26/01 10:34 PM (22 years, 9 months ago)

I dont know for sure so don't bet your old ladies rings or any thing but i'm fairly certain that any thing of this nature (coco- fibre, soils, peat mosses, Plant material in general) THAT IS IMPORTED is strictly regulated by the govt. and must be free of all pathogens, seeds or spores before it is allowed into the U.S. I grow bonsai as a hobby, and its a god damn nightmare
trying to get a tree here from Japan, and then when you do get approval to import a tree, IT MUST NOT HAVE any soil on the roots ie bare root. I've heard about some coir that have some kind of bacteria or something added, don't Know squat about that though. thats my 2 pennies worth hope it's useful.

later

Offlineauto59009
enthusiast
Loc: Australia
Re: The truth about sterilizing coco-husk fiber [Re: nishikkiknee]
    #349705 - 06/26/01 11:54 PM (22 years, 9 months ago)

in aus the only coco brick i could find was at an online hyrdo store... ordered one... on the lable it reads "fungus resistant" i ma hoping they have generalised bateria and moulds to be fungus but i am not sure, and won't be til i try it... damn... can't find good coco-fibre anywhere here :frown:

I am a compulsive liar :wink:
http://go.to/FreeSporeRing
http://www.lilshopofspores.com
http://www.shaman-australis.com/shroom

--------------------
I am a compulsive liar :wink:

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale