Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisiblefreakygurl
Stranger
P. Mexicana-A questions *DELETED*
    #2736906 - 05/27/04 01:11 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

Post deleted by freakygurl

Reason for deletion: .

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleNewfoundFreedom
Manure whore

Re: P. Mexicana-A questions [Re: freakygurl]
    #2737269 - 05/27/04 02:38 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

1)Soak overnight, rinse, simmer, rinse, sterilize.
2)Poly-fil or tyvek work fine.
3)300ml to 100ml = 3 to 1 ratio. Why would you only make enough for one jar? For however much birdseed you use, use one third the amount of water.

Best of luck.

Anonymous

#2741241 - 05/28/04 11:02 AM (19 years, 10 months ago)

Filters reccomended.

Ryegrass seed 1 cup
water 1/2 cup

I just add seed and water to jars and soak overnight. I then use a chopstick to stir seed and redistribute the top and bottom layers so all seed gets soaked. Pressure cook 14 quarts for 90 minutes at 15 psi.

I cool overnight and inoculate with clones on agar.

I never use more then 1.5 cups of seed per jar, for shakability reasons. I like to be able to shake the jars after growth is visible to speed up colonization.  This is VERY HARD TO DO WITH A FULL JAR.

This system with a good clone, can yield up to a 100+ grams per jar wet sclerotia. That is on 1-1.5 cups seed per jar.

Multispored jars are alot less consistent then that on yields. With multispore I average maybe 1/4 that yield, but that is just my experience with the mexicana A.

Jars that do not form sclerotia after 2 weeks of being completely colonized get cased and fruited, when I mutispore. This brings yields up to a more respectable level with the remaining jars.  Still only about half that of a good clone.

Incubation temps have to be 80F or less to control the excessive sweating. The sclerotia themselves will sweat alot, at any temp, but the mycelium not associated with sclerotia will sweat profusely at temps above 80F, even with good filters on the jars.

Without filters, sweating can be very bad!!! The mycelium can drown in a pool of it's own piss.

I never used filters before growing Mexicana, now I always use them. :smile:

Pre soaking, Simmering, are excellent ways of getting uniform moisture to all the seed, and can prevent clumping. Also be sure to give the jars a real thourough shake before inoculation to break up any potential clumps of seed.

Good luck You will enjoy the mexicana A.  Nothing beats it for ease, and yield.  Not to mention the very pleasant experience upon consumption.

Invisiblefreakygurl
Stranger
Re: P. Mexicana-A questions *DELETED* [Re: ]
    #2744279 - 05/29/04 12:24 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

Post deleted by freakygurl

Reason for deletion: .

Anonymous

#2754249 - 06/01/04 06:23 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

a piece of sclerotia is a pure strain. It is a clone of the donor mycelium.

Multispore inoculate a bunch of jars and isolate and clone the best sclerotia from the best jar onto agar. This clone should be the donor for all future inocultaions into jars of seed.

Mexicana is not very rhizo like cubensis. It is more intermidiate-linear. If you want to conserve spores, you can inoculate ten nutrient agar plates, and wait for good sclerotia production on the plates and then clone the best piece of sclerotia to fresh plates. You will have a good sclerotia producer on agar, and it probably will translate to a good producer in jars. But isolating from a jar and then putting onto agar isolates a good producer in jars!!!

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale