Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Bulk Substrate   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisibleeatyualive
Eat's You Alive :)
 User Gallery

Loc: In Your Head
Trusted Cultivator
OG Cultivator
Eatyualives Lazy Mofo Bag Tek * 19
    #1300760 - 02/11/03 05:53 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

first of all this tek is meant for people who enjoy cake growing, bag growing or are just too damn lazy to cook grain or make bulk substrates. this is also for people who only have one pf jars worth of mycelia.  1 jar can easily turn into 100 in a 2 weeks time.  this basically is spawning with brf using ziplocs and no flowhood!!!!!!!

1 pf jar was turned into 25 bags in 2 weeks. that is 100 jars worth of substrate from 1 pf jar.  now, take into consideration g2g(grain to grain transfers) with the limitations of this tek.  a friend did this for 2 months straight with no contamination, however it is highly suggested after 2-3 transfers or 1 month renewing the mycelia. after 3 transfers you want to start from scratch again with fresh culture.

materials
1. 1 colonized pf jar
2. 4 uncolonized but pced sterile pf jars.
3. 1 ziplock bag
4. 1 needle

procedure:

1.  turn off your ac 30 minutes prior to any work. clean your work area using alcohol and lysol bleach wipes.  wear a mask and gloves.  do not touch the any of the pf cakes on the inside. you only want to touch the outsides of the jars.
2.  get 4 uncolonized but sterilized pf cake jars and 1 colonized pf jar. Turn them upside down and pat them until they are loose from the jar.
3.  open lids and dump off excess verm layer then dump 1 jar in. you can close the bag between the time you are about to dump the next cake in. dump all 4 uncolonized cakes into ziploc with colonized bag.( this needs to be done very quickly, less airtime the less chance for contams)
4.  now seal ziploc and crunch up all cakes, making sure the colonized cake gets spread evenly throughout the bag.  this way colonization takes place quickly.
5.LASTLY AND MOST IMPORTANTLY.
Poke holes with an 70% iso wiped needle.  use a small sewing needle so that a few holes are poked along the top of the ziploc.  and MAKE SURE you place your colonizing bags in a draft free area on a clean shelf.
6.  let incubate for 3-6 days and full colonization occurs.  no shaking necessary. 

included below are some pics. the first is 1 day after incubation, the second is 3 days after incubation.  this is an incredible discovery in brf.  it is a simple newb way of multiplying spawn ten fold in 2 weeks.  all you have to do is keep making brf jars.  and then renew inoculations once a month or every few weeks.
here is a pic a the next day after spawning

here is a pic 3 days after spawning

pins

finished

Edited by eatyualive (07/14/15 05:44 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisiblePsychoslut
The Mother Fucking Bear-o-dactyl
 User Gallery
Loc: all up in ya
Re: Eatyualives Lazy Mofo Bag Tek [Re: eatyualive] * 1
    #1300783 - 02/11/03 06:08 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

that is beutiful

--------------------

[quote]KristiMidocean said:
Good now thats clear.WHO FUCKING CARES. If I am fat u all keep pointing it out like its suppose to be a secret.LIke u really have nothing better to do then make fat jokes. If o know its like I do I know yall can come up with NEW AND BETTER SHIT . This shit is old and boring . I left in the first place cause this shit got boring not because of the fat jokes . Fat jokes dont bother me but seriously its old[/quote]

OfflineLockNTross
Air Disk Master

Loc: In the year 20XX
Re: Eatyualives Lazy Mofo Bag Tek [Re: eatyualive] * 1
    #1301543 - 02/12/03 03:46 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

5.LASTLY AND MOST IMPORTANTLY POKE HOLES USING A NEEDLE! use a small sewing needle so that a few holes are poked along the top of the ziploc.

How much air exchange is really required when colonizing cakes? If poking several holes in this method is very important, what would one do with a jar? Just leave the original holes in the tinfoil from inoculation?

--------------------
All I have to say is: Tribes 1 = Best Game EVER.

Invisiblesever
Where am I?
Re: Eatyualives Lazy Mofo Bag Tek *DELETED* [Re: eatyualive]
    #1301646 - 02/12/03 04:37 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

~

Edited by sever (07/17/06 04:22 PM)

OfflineLockNTross
Air Disk Master

Loc: In the year 20XX
Re: Eatyualives Lazy Mofo Bag Tek [Re: sever]
    #1301661 - 02/12/03 04:43 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

From what I saw he means that you just dump the contents of the PF jar itself into the bag. So this means that you would use the entire contents of the PF jar, not just brown rice flower.

--------------------
All I have to say is: Tribes 1 = Best Game EVER.

Invisibleeatyualive
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
OG Cultivator
Re: Eatyualives Lazy Mofo Bag Tek [Re: LockNTross]
    #1302022 - 02/12/03 07:55 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

LockNTross,

the real key to this is the air exchange. if you don't poke the holes you get some soure smelling bags after a few days.

yes, you use the contents of pf jars. you would still have to make the jars but you don't have to multispore inoculate so often.

--------------------
EAT GETS SHIT DONE

:flame::chief:JOIN THE POW WOW:chief::flame:

OfflineCapt_Nemo
Stranger
Re: Eatyualives Lazy Mofo Bag Tek [Re: eatyualive]
    #1302105 - 02/12/03 08:35 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

hey this seems like an interesting tek and i was thinking that instead of using the colonized jar if you could just directly inoculate the brf in the ziplock bag, i'm assuming you used brf, and add a coulple hose at the top of the bag and put like filter paper over the hole to kep out contams and i was just wondering if someone has tried it and if they had any success using ziplock bags instead of jars i imagine it would work like a grow bag but if anyone out there has tried it let me know

Offlinemike
iHugTrees

Re: Eatyualives Lazy Mofo Bag Tek [Re: Capt_Nemo]
    #1302397 - 02/12/03 10:24 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

interesting tek.

it sortof reminds me of the hippi3 oven bag tek, but a bit simpler. this is a plus considering that the oven bag idea has been turnd against. this would be good for BRF growers to create out door patches, i would imagine. that is wha ti was looking for. thanks for the post, and again i will most likely be checking back to see what other have to say.

i thank the heavens for this place we call the shroomery.

--------------------
Once you can accept the universe as matter expanding into nothing that is something, wearing stripes with plaid comes easy.
-Albert Einstein

OfflineCapt_Nemo
Stranger
Re: Eatyualives Lazy Mofo Bag Tek [Re: mike]
    #1302438 - 02/12/03 10:37 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

ya if you try directly inoculating the bags and substrate let me know if it works good cuz if you use brf in the ziplock bag you can boil it to sterilize it but you'll have to try and find out and let us know of the results

OfflineSeeka
Psychotrooper
Loc: Western Hemisphere
Re: Eatyualives Lazy Mofo Bag Tek [Re: Capt_Nemo]
    #1302478 - 02/12/03 10:57 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

hey this seems like an interesting tek and i was thinking that instead of using the colonized jar if you could just directly inoculate the brf in the ziplock bag, i'm assuming you used brf, and add a coulple hose at the top of the bag and put like filter paper over the hole to kep out contams and i was just wondering if someone has tried it and if they had any success using ziplock bags instead of jars i imagine it would work like a grow bag but if anyone out there has tried it let me know

Heh, A.K.A. a "Mycobag"?

It works fine as long as you have a sterile innoculation area, a vacuum sealed bag, and a filter patch exchange hole.

OfflineCapt_Nemo
Stranger
Re: Eatyualives Lazy Mofo Bag Tek [Re: Seeka]
    #1302497 - 02/12/03 11:05 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

ya i know it is basically a myco bag but i believe mycobags use grain instead of brown rice flower and if you have a ziplock bag it seals pretty much air tight and for the filter patch you could as well use a pice of filer paper over the inoculation hole or you wouldn't have to but filter paper over the inoc hole if you use spore prints but i guess you'd need some holes for gas escape so you'd need filter paper over those holes i believe. but i dunno it is an idea someone will have to try and find out

InvisiblePsychoslut
 User Gallery
    #1302519 - 02/12/03 11:15 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

aye bigjohnson get on aim fool

--------------------

Good now thats clear.WHO FUCKING CARES. If I am fat u all keep pointing it out like its suppose to be a secret.LIke u really have nothing better to do then make fat jokes. If o know its like I do I know yall can come up with NEW AND BETTER SHIT . This shit is old and boring . I left in the first place cause this shit got boring not because of the fat jokes . Fat jokes dont bother me but seriously its old[/quote]

OfflineGWAR
Scumdog of theUniverse
 User Gallery

Loc: Antarctica
    #1302523 - 02/12/03 11:18 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

this is great... i only have one colonized jar too! i gotta try this.. has anyone else here tried it yet??

--------------------

"Freedom to all the people... Brave, true and strong... Freedom to all the people... Unless I think you're wrong!!!"

Offlineeleutheromania
Hitch Hiker ofthe Galaxy

Re: Eatyualives Lazy Mofo Bag Tek [Re: Capt_Nemo] * 1
    #1302825 - 02/12/03 01:15 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

i was thinking that instead of using the colonized jar if you could just directly inoculate the brf in the ziplock bag

May I add something to what seeker said?

My thoughts are that it might be a bit risky, I mean spore germination takes a lot more time than it does for myc to spread and colonize the same area, does it not?

And having a zip-lock bag (that is far from airtight in the first place) with holes punched in it would be fine for myc as it would both colonise quickly and fight off a few contams here and there. With spore innoc it may be a different story, thats wy properly made myco-bags are made so well.

But hey give it a go, I think your just as likely to succeed as fail. And as they say, without experiments there could be no progress.

And great tek by the way eatyualive. I must try it soon.  :smile: 

--------------------
I rose up towards the ceiling, rolled over, and looked down on my body, lying there in peaceful repose. I thought to myself, "Damn, too much".

OfflineMycotopian
Mycotopian

#1302857 - 02/12/03 01:27 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Now that you have all that, what's next? What tek are you going to use to fruit? Are you just going to leave it in the bag or are you going to case it?

--------------------
"Hockey is a sport for white men. Basketball is a sport for black men. Golf is a sport for white men dressed like black pimps."

InvisiblePsychoslut
 User Gallery
    #1302869 - 02/12/03 01:30 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

this belongs in the faq

--------------------

OfflineShroomBoarder
screechingweasel fan

Re: Eatyualives Lazy Mofo Bag Tek [Re: Psychoslut]
    #1303093 - 02/12/03 02:58 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

yea putting this in the fag's is a good idea, but arent there a few teks that resemble this? its a great tek im going to try it soon.

--------------------

"Twizzlers, in the chinesed state...."

Invisibleeatyualive
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
OG Cultivator
Re: Eatyualives Lazy Mofo Bag Tek [Re: eleutheromania]
    #1303288 - 02/12/03 04:16 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

eleutheromania is right, multispore takes to long to colonize a large substate like this. it may encounter contams easier this way. this is similar to spawning and you want to colonize the bag asap. so 3-4 day colonization is key and ideal!

mycotopian the foaf uses flatcake tek, linked at the bottom of this reply. here are some updates updateshttp://www.nansnook.com/forum/index.php?s=67531076a55e7d20de6cbbc865ba97dd&act=SF&f=32

now this tek is similar to hippies bag tek. a foaf has tried hippies tek a few times. it is different in that you use hippies to inoculate the substrate and this is like spawning. the foaf had one bag do very well on hips bag tek but the rest contamed. brf isn't really ideal for shaking as you would do to grain to spread the colonized kernals and the foaf thinks this is the downfall of hip's tek. not to knock his tek bc it is a great idea and the basis for this tek. one problem my foaf encountered was moisture content. either too much or too little and it is hard to judge in large amounts of brf like this. using the jars makes it simpler in that you have a little leeway on moisture content.

now this tek was invented by a a foaf. it is something that just happened and worked and i thought i would share it with everyone.

now the basic idea of any incubation chamber is to make it sterile so no foreign contams enter. this is why the tek works so well bc it is kept in a sterile room or box during incubation.

--------------------
EAT GETS SHIT DONE

:flame::chief:JOIN THE POW WOW:chief::flame:

Edited by eatyualive (02/27/03 03:21 AM)

Offlinemike
iHugTrees

#1303584 - 02/12/03 06:47 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

well with that said, i would like to thank you again for a great idea.

this is like some sort of intermediate step between casing, and bulk poo.

--------------------
Once you can accept the universe as matter expanding into nothing that is something, wearing stripes with plaid comes easy.
-Albert Einstein

Anonymous

#1303599 - 02/12/03 06:52 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Great job eatyualive keep coming up with new teks and ya what are you gonna do with all that spawn.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Bulk Substrate   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck