Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Anonymous

Practice Telepathy!
    #533802 - 01/28/02 09:49 AM (22 years, 2 months ago)

If you would like to practice your psychic abilities here are some exercises to get your mind moving. Practice makes perfect.

These exercises are like games and should be fun for you. A carefree attitude leads to greater success, so don't force it. Approach them with enthusiasm and "lets see how we do" rather than "Do or Die"
Forcing psychic skill impedes the flow of sending and recieving.

By yourself:
(Recieving)
- When the phone rings, guess who is calling before you pick it up. If you are expecting a call and know who it is, that doesn't count. You will get better through practice. The opposite would be when someone comes to mind, call them and ask if they were thinking about you.

- This requires an ESP card deck (called Zener Cards), which you can make yourself or purchase. It consists of twenty-five plain white cards with five symbols: a star, three parallel wavy lines, a cross, a circle and a square. There should be 5 of each symbol.
Lay several cards face down and then guess the sequence of symbols as you pick them up. Sometimes people are able to 'pick up' one symbol easier than another. A minimum of ten runs is necessary to get an average of your success rate.

This exercise can also be used with playing cards, if you are feeling confident.

It is good to have a partner to practice these things with. Telepathic recieving is something that happens naturally between people who are emotionaly connected. You "know" how the person is feeling without them ever telling you verbally. With practice, you can hone this skill between each other into a fine art. It is best to practice with someone you are close to.

Exercise 1
Have the friend mentally selects a fruit (and have them write it down where you cant see it is also an option). Then have your friend send you a mental image of the fruit. Your friend should mentally repeat the name of the fruit several times, and visualize it at the same time. The friend should describe the fruit to you mentally, its color, its texture, its taste.
Clear your mind and allow the image to enter your mind. Write down your impressions, and then move on to another piece of fruit. Thirty seconds for each one should be more than enough. After a few times, compare your notes. Remember that if you do poorly, the fault may lie in the sender as well as the reciever. All it takes is practice.

You should also try this exercise with other categories, like food or animals or colors. Colors is a good one to start with because there are no details in the way.

Exercise 2
Have a friend collect a dozen or so pictures of clearly defined objects or scenes. Without seeing them, sit in another room and have the friend choose one image. Tell them to focus on that image and send it to you. Keep a pad of paper and pen and sketch out whatever impressions you get....no matter how incomplete or scribblish. After a minute or so, tell them to move on to another picture and repeat the process. Number your responses to keep track. Afterwards, compare your sketches with the pictures as they were presented.

Variation
This can be done with any number of people, but a minimum of two. Give each person a piece of paper and pencil, have one person be the 'sender' and have them go into another room. Everyone else is a 'reciever'
The sender decides on an image to draw, and proceeds to draw it. Holding the idea of the picture clearly in mind the sender should concentrate on it until the group has announced they are finished.

Take turns being the sender.

Exercise 3 (Sensing)
Have your partner remove their shoes and move around the room while you are blindfolded and talking. When you say stop, they must remain motionless and breathe quietly so you cannot locate their presence with your physical senses.
Direct your energy across the room, like a radar sweep. Can you feel that person's vibration? It will feel lighter or faster than everything else in the room. Make a guess as to where they are. At first you may only get the direction, but soon you will be able to pinpoint their exact location.
Your friend also has the option to leave the room, at which you would feel an absence of their presence just as much as you would feel their presence.

Exercise 4 (Feeling colors)

Gather 8 pieces of fabric in solid colors. They should all be the same fabric....natural is better...wool or silk. Blindfold the participants... the object is to guess the color of each swatch by feeling them. Each color vibrates at a different frequency, so you should be able to "feel" the difference between red and green. Pick them up one at a time and guess.

Remember to relax and have a good time. Approach these games with wonder and excitement. If you get stressed out you will be more likely to get misses. Keep your mind open and receptive at all times. Usually your first hunch will be right...that intuition.

Edited by Shroomism (01/28/02 09:52 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblesunconscious
Loc: Calgary
Re: Practice Telepathy! [Re: ]
    #533983 - 01/28/02 12:46 PM (22 years, 2 months ago)

damn man

you've really gone bonkers lol

--------------------
=|) minds are growing

Anonymous

Re: Practice Telepathy! [Re: sunconscious]
    #533984 - 01/28/02 12:47 PM (22 years, 2 months ago)

Yes..completely insane

Invisiblesunconscious
Loc: Calgary
    #534009 - 01/28/02 01:12 PM (22 years, 2 months ago)

well, i believe 'telepathy' will exist due to technology in the future.  many of the things humans dream about become realities via science.  isn't that the goal of technology?

perhaps our brains have the capacity to be telepathic, but we just dont use it.  that makes no sense in terms of natural selection.  evolving something and never using it until now... hmm.

but i believe we can use a type of 'deductive' telepathy right now.  by observing a person, their bodily expressions (emotions), trying to imagine what they are thinking, predicting what they will think... you can sometimes know what they are thinking before they tell you.  people use this talent every day without knowing it.  :smile: 

--------------------
=|) minds are growing

Invisiblemr crisper

#534416 - 01/28/02 08:47 PM (22 years, 2 months ago)

which book/website have you quoted/copy-pasted from this time?
please credit your sources.
yes, they are nice exercises.
thanks for sharing.

Offlinejonnyshaggs420
Pooh-Bah

Loc: Mid-West
    #534482 - 01/28/02 10:21 PM (22 years, 2 months ago)

You and trying to further mankind. Futile I say. Work on worms it'll save you the dissapointment. I'm sure they have more potential than mankind.

--------------------
Vote Jonnyshaggs in the next election for GOD...Its the responsible choice

OfflineskaMariaPastora
Utopiate
Loc: MA
Re: Practice Telepathy! [Re: sunconscious]
    #534591 - 01/29/02 12:43 AM (22 years, 2 months ago)

Telepathy is just the evolution of language. The evolution from an ambiguous spoken word to pure ideas and concepts.

The first person to make an utterance that somebody else could understand was not operating by natural selection because language has never been used before. But at that point the human brain was capable of understanding and producing language, otherwise nobody would get it and it wouldn't have caught on. Today the human brain is capable of communicating without words, but few have realized it yet. The only way to tap into this potential is by practicing.

Anonymous

Re: Practice Telepathy! [Re: mr crisper]
    #534791 - 01/29/02 08:58 AM (22 years, 2 months ago)

These are exercises which me and my friends have been practicing for years, I believe the original source of them is in the book "Develop Your Psychic Skills" by Enid Hoffman. We have modified a few of them to fit our needs as per the books recomendation.
There are many more exercises which my friends and I have developed which I would be glad to share with you all if you would like.

OfflineTannis
ZoneTrooper
Loc: MD.USA
    #534873 - 01/29/02 10:32 AM (22 years, 2 months ago)

J.B. Rhine would be proud!!!!

Great practise exercises!

My cats and I have a telepathic link. One cat has been reading my thoughts for 12 and a half years. If she is outside in a special cage I have attached to the window, all I have to do is think about her and she will come inside and try to get right into my face.

I also sense if friends are angry/pleased/ with me, or if they are about to or are already facing danger... distance is of no importance...

I began developing this ability (unknowingly) at an early age when my father began physically abusing me. I would "check" the environment for "potential danger" and would hide from him if I sensed anything. I still do this with abusive people around me and it drives them insane! Whenever they are looking for someone to blow up on---I just disappear and it really pisses them off!

I know it sounds crazy ( and some of you should watch your "thought" language while reading this ) but it is a way of life for me.

I can also pick up energy that has been left in the environment or sometimes sense something before it happens.

.....Tannis

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Loc: In the hen house
Re: Practice Telepathy! [Re: Tannis]
    #534900 - 01/29/02 11:03 AM (22 years, 2 months ago)

Yes, it works magically in private, but seems no one wants or is able to "guess" Swami's mystery object du jour...

--------------------

The proof is in the pudding.

OfflineMentalHygene
otherworldly

Loc: Somewhere...Under the rai...
    #535295 - 01/29/02 08:18 PM (22 years, 2 months ago)

The way I see it is that every other animal on the planet can communicate with one another through telepathy. At one point humans also had to have the ability, but one day a human came up with the disease that we now call language. (yes I am aware that I am using it to write this post!) The reason that I refer to it as a disease is because it severly limits the emotions that you are trying to express. As time went by and language was used more and more, the ability to communicate without spoken word was lost. The ability to telepathicly conversate lies in us all. Some realize and practice, and some do not. I tend to believe (opinion!) that we are not evolving towards telepathy, but rather regaining the abilities of long ago. (No I cannot offer any proof!) And if you feel that you have the ability, why not practice with a friend that has similar beliefs, because you never know...........One day it may come in handy!

--------------------
"WHATS THE USE OF AUTONOMY WHEN A BUTTON DOES IT ALL?"

OfflineskaMariaPastora
Utopiate
Loc: MA
Re: Practice Telepathy! [Re: MentalHygene]
    #535357 - 01/29/02 09:47 PM (22 years, 2 months ago)

So do you think animals can communicate telepathically? I've found that a lot of animals (such as cats) can definately sense emotion, but that could be just because they recognize body language and such. I tend to believe that we are evolving language to a more and more unambigious way, starting from body language that animals use, then to spoken language like we use, and eventually to telepathic communication. Who knows though, maybe we're so out of touch with ourselves that we haven't even recognized the ability we've always had.

Offlinejonnyshaggs420
Pooh-Bah

Loc: Mid-West
Re: Practice Telepathy! [Re: skaMariaPastora]
    #535367 - 01/29/02 10:00 PM (22 years, 2 months ago)

When spoken word first came into utterance words had emotional connotation much deeper than they do today.  The words originally had much more meaning.  Now after a few millenia no one knows the original intent of the words we use and we have little feeling associated with them.  Some people however have the gift of being able to string together words and make them sound profoundly elegant, where as others of us sound like bumbling fools. :wink:

--------------------
Vote Jonnyshaggs in the next election for GOD...Its the responsible choice

Offlinegreypoe
addict
    #535570 - 01/30/02 01:57 AM (22 years, 2 months ago)

I experienced somthing like that with a Fish.
It happend a day after I had been on a mushroom trip, and I think I had smoked some shroom dust earlier that day.
First I was controling the fish with my hands... we were entwined in a dance...
Then I turned around and closed my eyes. I felt the fish in my mind, dancing with my brainwaves.I asked my friend to tell me what it was doing. I then lowered a feeling of energy within, and raised it up till I felt my energy soaring then slowly brought it back down.
[my friend: Down, Up Up up It jumped, its going back down]

A martial arts movie once said "A faithful heart is true to itself"
This describes how "telepathy" works or at least in my point of view

--------------------

Edited by greypoe (01/30/02 04:11 AM)

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Loc: In the hen house
    #535604 - 01/30/02 02:42 AM (22 years, 2 months ago)

Yes, practice away, but don't demonstrate your skills.

--------------------

The proof is in the pudding.

Offlinewintertime
enthusiast
Re: Practice Telepathy! [Re: Swami]
    #535680 - 01/30/02 07:31 AM (22 years, 2 months ago)

I think some of you are confusing our ability to read body language and subtle signs with telepathy. For example, someone's tone of voice, eye movements and facial expressions can betray alot that you may not even realise you are registering, thus the feeling you can "sense" it.. you are, but it's not really telepathy.

Offlinegreypoe
addict
Re: Practice Telepathy! [Re: wintertime]
    #535748 - 01/30/02 09:41 AM (22 years, 2 months ago)

I think your right about animals having a sign language, I observed the social patterns of coupla pussy communicating in my yard. They observe each others faces or make direct eye contact.
After looking at it for over a short period of time jerked its head so it was peering me straight in the eye.

--------------------

Invisibletak
geo's henchman
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: nowhereland
Re: Practice Telepathy! [Re: greypoe]
    #535982 - 01/30/02 01:48 PM (22 years, 2 months ago)

If a cats in a room with like 7 people and theres one person who doesnt like cats..the cat will go to them. :[ evil

--------------------
The DJ's took pills to stay awake and play for seven days.

Anonymous

Re: Practice Telepathy! [Re: tak]
    #536101 - 01/30/02 03:56 PM (22 years, 2 months ago)

Practice telepathy with cats too...thats speak mind.

Invisiblewaveyhaze
    #536141 - 01/30/02 04:47 PM (22 years, 2 months ago)

Here is the place to go for practice www.psiresearch.org There is an online test that you can take.It would be cool to see how other shroomerites would do.I surprised the shit out of myself one day after a trip and got 2nd place on the location test.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals