Home | Community | Message Board

MRCA Tyroler Gluckspilze
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]
Offlinenubious
1up on the rest

Loc: Canada
The *OFFICIAL* Co-Incidences Thread
    #1604075 - 06/03/03 09:46 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

I'd like to start a thread dedicated to people's coincidences based off of a topic started by a fellow shroomery-go-er. Please include any co-incidences you feel are outside plain chance.

I'll start below...

--------------------
No one knows the worth of innocence till he knows it is gone forever, and that money can't buy it back. Not the saint, but the sinner that repenteth, is he to whom the full length and breadth, and height and depth, of life's meaning is revealed. Good and evil loose all objective meaning and are seen as equally necessary and contrasting elements in the masterpiece that is the universe.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinenubious
1up on the rest

Loc: Canada
Re: The *OFFICIAL* Co-Incidences Thread [Re: nubious]
    #1604078 - 06/03/03 09:47 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Today when I got into my co-workers car, the song "Just another manic Monday" was playing on the radio... When I got home, my cousin, who lives in Vancouver (I'm in Calgary) had her MSN Name set to "~Just Another Manic Monday~"

Iinnnteresting....

--------------------
No one knows the worth of innocence till he knows it is gone forever, and that money can't buy it back. Not the saint, but the sinner that repenteth, is he to whom the full length and breadth, and height and depth, of life's meaning is revealed. Good and evil loose all objective meaning and are seen as equally necessary and contrasting elements in the masterpiece that is the universe.

Anonymous

#1604254 - 06/03/03 10:49 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Grav became a moderator for this forum and I am leaving for 1-2 weeks.

[smacks forehead]

What a coincidence!

Catcha on da flip side. :wink:

Offlinesoylent_green
The greatEnitsuj
Female

Loc: Ontario
Re: The *OFFICIAL* Co-Incidences Thread [Re: ]
    #1604319 - 06/03/03 11:14 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

i was just talking to a friend online, and said
'i think i want a bagle"
and he said
'mine's alread toasting'

yep...

--------------------
What fun is it in Nirvana while other beings are suffering?

InvisibleSHiZNO
-

Re: The *OFFICIAL* Co-Incidences Thread [Re: soylent_green]
    #1604364 - 06/03/03 11:33 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

my dads funeral, afterwards, his friends were leaving (they were all fag-bikers)...well they were reving up their Harleys (showing off i thought), and i said to my brother, "i wish he would fall off", 3 seconds later, somehow the bikle becomes unstable, it sways a few times, then throws him off...OUCH!
My fathers spirit giving me one last wish because he was a motherfucker and i never knew him, or damn good coincidence? you decide!

--------------------

OfflineAdamist
ℚṲℰϟ✞ЇѺℵ ℛ∃Åʟḯ†У
Male User Gallery

Loc: Bloomington, IN
    #1604549 - 06/03/03 12:33 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

My sister and I both had the same dream and told each other about it at the same time, each of us finishing the other's description of it.

--------------------
:heartpump: { { { ṧ◎ηḯ¢ αʟ¢ℌ℮мƴ } } } :heartpump:

OfflinePala
Dharma Bum

Loc: Within You Without You
Re: The *OFFICIAL* Co-Incidences Thread [Re: Adamist]
    #1604743 - 06/03/03 01:19 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

I downloaded the song "Echoes" by Pink Floyd one day, and the very next day, my friend on AIM recommended the song to me. It was weird.

--------------------
huh????

Invisiblesilversoul7
Chill the FuckOut!
 User Gallery

Loc: mndfreeze's puppet army
    #1604801 - 06/03/03 01:33 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

When I was in High School, my best friend and I used to play around with a Oija board(well, actually it was called "Psychic Circle," but it's the same basic idea) while listening to Led Zeppelin, and sometimes the board would spell out a word, and just then we would hear Robert Plant sing that word. This happened on more than a couple occasions.

--------------------

"It is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong."--Voltaire

InvisibleEvolving
Resident Cynic

Loc: Apt #6, The Village
    #1605036 - 06/03/03 02:38 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

My wife and I both had an orgasm at the same time...

--------------------
To call humans 'rational beings' does injustice to the term, 'rational.'  Humans are capable of rational thought, but it is not their essence.  Humans are animals, beasts with complex brains.  Humans, more often than not, utilize their cerebrum to rationalize what their primal instincts, their preconceived notions, and their emotional desires have presented as goals - humans are rationalizing beings.

InvisibleEvolving
Resident Cynic

Loc: Apt #6, The Village
Re: The *OFFICIAL* Co-Incidences Thread [Re: Evolving]
    #1605040 - 06/03/03 02:38 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

... However, we were in seperate cities.

--------------------
To call humans 'rational beings' does injustice to the term, 'rational.'  Humans are capable of rational thought, but it is not their essence.  Humans are animals, beasts with complex brains.  Humans, more often than not, utilize their cerebrum to rationalize what their primal instincts, their preconceived notions, and their emotional desires have presented as goals - humans are rationalizing beings.

OfflineDailyPot
Trip'n Time

Loc: Florida
    #1605162 - 06/03/03 03:04 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

This is for Kottonmouth:

Today me and my best friend both had the same dream, which was a very unique one and we haven't talked to each other in two weeks (he's been outta school) so there is no way there can be a scientific explaination saying we recieved the same subconsious info.

That ones not that great but this one is. I forgot that for my math class I was suppost to being in a form of currency from somewhere other than the US and for history I was suppost to bring in something old from either the US, Canada or Mexico and talk about how it has effected the world... I realize I dont have the thing for math and I ask to go to the bathroom, walking down the hall are these two girls coming my way and one goes "here you want this canadian coin?" I said sure and took it and it was a pretty old coin and I was able to use it for both classes. How fucking crazy is that?

Damn it, there was one other thing that happened I was thinking all day I gotta post it here but now I cant remeber :frown: I dunno why I have such trouble remebering these things...

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: 9th Dimension
    #1605165 - 06/03/03 03:04 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Hrm..so many...I'll just go with the ones that I remember most clearly.
Once a few years back, whilst tripping with three friends on LSD.. we were standing at a park and we see a car drive by (was about 3am), we all look at each other funny and say simultaneously that it would be weird if that car just crashed into a tree or something. Not five seconds later after it had driven out of sight, we hear a loud *CRRRRRRUNCH~!* and run around the corner to see the car had nailed a parked truck. We were stupified.. the guy got out of the car and was obviously piss drunk, could smell the rum from 10 feet. Anyways, as it turns out, after the cops showed up, they found a girl passed out in the middle of the road not fifty feet up from where the drunk crashed. If he hadn't crashed he would have most likely run her over.

Then there's the countless other "coincidences" that happen so often it just seems normal. I'll post them as I remember them.

Great thread by the way.

--------------------

Edited by Shroomism (06/03/03 03:05 PM)

OfflineDeiymiyan
I AM

Loc: Within the Realm of Imagi...
    #1605489 - 06/03/03 04:27 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

I just had a coincidence event happen about half an hour ago. 

I was on my way just driving while listening to a CD I had downloaded a while ago.

[Edit*  Actually, I didn't dowload it, I copied the CD from a buddy of mine...  He made the initial download/ upload....  whatever... .]

Anyways...

There is this one song where the singer sings: " Nothing is real, but the girl..."

As soon as she sang that part, a car passed me in the left lane with a licence plate:  HER2BE. 

[ The car had a check mark on the rear window ALA Nike style ( The window was "checked" off. ).  The Car was a White Grand Prix ....    That's french for BIG PRIZE !! ] 

It made me smile.  :grin

[ Edit #2*  I am upgrading this now to what I mean when I use the word synchronicity...  ( The three rule has been exceeded... It should at least be met to be validated )  ... The most interesting part of this is a detail that I'm using to have it pointing to me;  it is rooted in the symbol on the back window: The check symbol...    It's kind of funny, but it seems kind of more personal, now,  that I consider it, because of one small fact:  I am 100% Czech.  :tongue: ]

>>> I just got chills up my spine <<<

--------------------

Dei Gratia de integro,

Veni Vidi Vici:

In Nomine Domini..

Edited by Deiymiyan (06/03/03 05:04 PM)

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Loc: In the hen house
    #1605549 - 06/03/03 04:52 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

... However, we were in seperate cities.

*Hangs head in shame* I have a confession to make...

--------------------

The proof is in the pudding.

Offlinesoylent_green
The greatEnitsuj
Female

Loc: Ontario
Re: The *OFFICIAL* Co-Incidences Thread [Re: Swami]
    #1605766 - 06/03/03 05:52 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

i've had a couple dreams come true too.
one about a friend trying to kilhimself,
one about a friend running a stop sign and getting cought..
and other really small ones,
like me getting a drink of water wearing the same clothes my mom in the same spot in the kitchen..
feels kinda like da ja vu sometimes...

--------------------
What fun is it in Nirvana while other beings are suffering?

OfflineYou_are_God
^So are We^
Loc: The Dream Game...
Re: The *OFFICIAL* Co-Incidences Thread [Re: soylent_green]
    #1606123 - 06/03/03 08:04 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

My third time ingesting psilocibin I stood starting at a mirror with a window to the side...I saw movement out the window as a small blue pickup with a topper went by. I resumed looking at the mirror and as soon as I focused back on my image I saw movement and the exact same "reality clip" replayed from the way I looked at the truck to the way it splashed through a puddle...

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Loc: In the hen house
Re: The *OFFICIAL* Co-Incidences Thread [Re: Deiymiyan]
    #1606579 - 06/03/03 11:04 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

I was asked in a PM to comment on this thread. I have covered this topic many times in many ways and the rebuttal remains unchanged.

1. Coincidences are always noted "after the fact".

2. Trillions of non-coincidences are NOT noted. (i.e. a song was played that had no meaning at the time)

3. There are no "rules" for a coincidence so that any two items may be matched up. To use a tangential analogy: any three points make a triangle.

4. Meaning and importance is personal, not inherent.

--------------------

The proof is in the pudding.

Anonymous

#1606757 - 06/04/03 12:24 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Well, a good friend of my little bro just died unexpectedly, I was outside my house drinkin a beer, and the thought of him popped into my head, I poured out a little bit of beer for the guy, looked up at the sky, and BAM, I looked up just in time to see a shooting star.

I'm sure there's a rational explanation though :-o

InvisibleSclorch
Clyster

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: On the Brink of Madness
    #1606953 - 06/04/03 01:40 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

I drank a few beers yesterday and after an hour or so, I had to urinate...
TALK ABOUT COINCIDENCE!!!

--------------------
Note: In desperate need of a cure...

InvisibleinfidelGOD
illusion

Loc: there
    #1606995 - 06/04/03 02:06 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Well, a good friend of my little bro just died unexpectedly, I was outside my house drinkin a beer, and the thought of him popped into my head, I poured out a little bit of beer for the guy, looked up at the sky, and BAM, I looked up just in time to see a shooting star.

I'm sure there's a rational explanation though :-o

yes there is a rational explanation. didn't you read Swami's list above, specifically #2.

imagine that you looked up at the sky and BAM!!! NOTHING! just the night sky staring back at you. you would have thought nothing of it and forgotten it right? how many times have you looked up at the sky and DIDN'T see a shooting star? countless times... but we only remember the coincidences, which makes us believe that coincidences are everywhere.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order