Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinerecalcitrant
My Own God

Loc: Canada West
Green-ness on cap
    #645248 - 05/25/02 07:54 PM (21 years, 10 months ago)

I have this cake that looks totaly normal, no contam. the first mushroom that grew on it looks totally normal, i cut it open and its kinda blue (#1: this is good right?), the cap is nice and brown (like a properly cooked marshmellow). I took a spore print and its darkish purple. But not VERY dark purple..
The second mushroom to grow off it has a sort of cut or something on the cap, it looks like its got some kind of gross green shit in the cut.

#2: is it safe to eat the second shroom? (prob not, its kinda fucking gross)
#3: is it safe to eat the first shroom?

--------------------

We have to answer our own prayers

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineStainBlue
Da Man
 User Gallery

Re: Green-ness on cap [Re: recalcitrant]
    #645359 - 05/25/02 11:00 PM (21 years, 10 months ago)

you only got 2 mushies off 1 cake??? weird

the first one i wouldnt have a prob eating

the second i would/ iwould be a little nervous its not worth getting sick over

what does the cake smell like now???

are there any off colors on it other than brusing???

try hippies bleach tek it might work for you

--------------------
Peace,
StainBlue

Offlinerecalcitrant
My Own God

Re: Green-ness on cap [Re: StainBlue]
    #645367 - 05/25/02 11:21 PM (21 years, 10 months ago)

No, there are about 8 - 10 shrooms on the cake now. and since i posted this thread, they ALL are showing green fucked up shit, mostly in the stems tho! Some of the aborts have green caps. But the green stuff didnt appear until i picked the first shroom off the cake.
The cake smells exactly as it always has, which isnt foul at all. Quite pleasant actually.
The cake isnt bruised, its all white, or at least it looks all white. There is some seriously strange mycelium growth on the bottoms of some of the stems, its VERY much longer than i have ever seen, so i am wondering if it might be the cobweb starting on the cake

I am not going to eat the first shroom unless i get several responses from seem-to-be experts telling me that since it looks normal, smells fine, was picked before the rest of the shrooms from the cake got fucked, and has a normal (perhaps, i dont have a frame of ref. tho ) spore print, i would be fine to eat it.

I find it very sad that i only got 1 shroom out of the 6 cakes i started with
and i'm still very worried about eating it....

hippy bleach tech?

--------------------

OfflineStainBlue
Da Man
 User Gallery

#645411 - 05/26/02 01:27 AM (21 years, 10 months ago)

hippies bleach tek
is dunking the cake in a bleach solution 1/100 1cc of bleach to 100cc of water
he said that it kills all contams even ones you cant see
dunk it in this solution for 12hrs i believe
dont quote me but i think you can find it in the advanced cultivation forum look a couple of pages in.
of course after cutting off all the little green bastards.
if this doesent work i have no clue
sorry man wish i could help more but ive never ran into this prob.

and your remerk to>> several resopnses from seem-to-be-experts---i know i dont have many posts
but i have cultivated 7 diff strains whatever its worth
cake style and casings

best of luck to ya!!

--------------------
Peace,
StainBlue

Offlinerecalcitrant
My Own God

Re: Green-ness on cap [Re: StainBlue]
    #645434 - 05/26/02 02:25 AM (21 years, 10 months ago)

But does it 'kill' the toxins they make? Isnt that the part i should be worried about? I mean, the same contams that get the cake live all over the place, but i dont get sick.... but when they mix with the mycelium and produce mushrooms, they make toxins that can kill, isnt that the big gaffuful?

--------------------

OfflineSuntzu
Geek
 User Gallery

#645473 - 05/26/02 03:42 AM (21 years, 10 months ago)

Can you describe the green a little more? Is it slimey green or fuzzy green? It sounds like bacterial infection.

Offlinebaraka
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: hyperspace
Re: Green-ness on cap [Re: Suntzu]
    #645614 - 05/26/02 06:30 AM (21 years, 10 months ago)

WHen a cake is bruised and mushrooms are bruised. They create a blue staining effect(the same one you saw when you cut the one mushrooms cap off).

Some times blue staining can look green. If its green mold you shouldnt have a problem telling it from good stuff. Green mold doesnt generally grow on the mushrooms just on the cakes.

Is the green stuff growing? Take a clean towel or somthing and dap a little bit at the green. If it leaves behind green shit on the towel(mold spores) it is green mold. If nothing rubs off it is probably just bruising. Green mold doesnt turn green until it makes spores. Early green mold will look like lumpy greyish shit that spreads quick. It turns green in 24-36 after the grey shit is spotted.

--------------------
This is the only time I really feel alive.

Offlinerecalcitrant
My Own God

Re: Green-ness on cap [Re: baraka]
    #645864 - 05/26/02 08:47 AM (21 years, 10 months ago)

I would have described the green stuff as being slimey, had i not read baraka's post and tested it.
I rubed many of the shrooms on tissues and no colors came off. In the morning sun, the greenshit looks alot more blue, still kinda green, but definatly blue too. I'd say its blue-ish green, and not a green like classic bacteria always looks.
The blue/green stuff is on the mushrooms only, not the cake, the cake smells normal too. So do the mushrooms, nothing rank, quite a nice nature smell.

It looks really freaky because many of the caps on the aborts have turned this color, but some are still very brown. All of the aborts have some green (looks kinda like bruising or cuting) lines in the stems. could it be they are starting to rot?

the reason i would have called the green stuff slimey is because the caps on the mushrooms are pretty slimey, is this normal? The mushroom that i harvested first has a brown cap, with no green/blue on it, but it was kinda slimey when i picked it.

Even the new pin heads that are forming are have this color too them.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck