Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineBrukan
a dead gnome

Does Mommy and Daddy Still Shroom?
    #997087 - 10/27/02 02:42 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

So these are my questions:
- Can a person be a good parent and still shroom?
- How often should Mommy and Daddy shroom?
- How can you introduce the fact that Mommy and Daddy eat magical mushrooms to your young children?
- Dare I say it, but could the family shroom together??? What would be the appropriate age(s) of the child/children?

I'm planning to be a daddy in about 2-3 years. I once met Alex Grey ( http://www.alexgrey.com ) during a talk he did in SOHO, NYC. He had his wife and daughter there with him...while he talked about his "musings" with some serious psychedelics (ie. Ayahuasca, N,N-DMT, and P. cubensis shroomies). I kept glancing over to his wife and daughter during the talk to read their reactions. They seemed fine! Later I overheard others talking how his daughter is raised around them and mommy and daddy still do them (of course she doesn?t). WOW! I find that amazing. How can one raise a child around psychedelics...I'd love to know! My biggest worry would be that they would want to try them very early on and they may feel isolated from their ?normal? friends at school.

Edited by Brukan (10/27/02 03:03 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offline3DSHROOM
loon
Male

Re: Does Mommy and Daddy Still Shroom? [Re: Brukan]
    #997096 - 10/27/02 02:47 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

What if the child introduces the parents to psychedelics?

--------------------
Your friendly neighborhood loon

OfflineBrukan
a dead gnome

Re: Does Mommy and Daddy Still Shroom? [Re: 3DSHROOM]
    #997109 - 10/27/02 02:52 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

> What if the child introduces the parents to psychedelics?
Huh? Well, I can see what you mean. But I think that's a whole other topic to discuss...

Edited by Brukan (10/27/02 02:59 PM)

Offlinebaraka
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: hyperspace
    #997688 - 10/27/02 07:04 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

Kids have narced on thier parents before...

--------------------
This is the only time I really feel alive.

OfflineIcy
fictional

Loc: The gills of a mushroom
    #998136 - 10/27/02 08:42 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

I feel the answers would be the same as "Should mommy and daddy drink?" Only when there's someone to take care of the kids. I would -not- grow in the house, though. It does not endanger the children, but you could risk having them taken away.

--------------------
--

OfflineAzWeThinkWeIz420
just an illusion

Loc: nor-cal
Re: Does Mommy and Daddy Still Shroom? [Re: Icy]
    #999828 - 10/28/02 11:33 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

my parents are totally cool with me taking psycadelics, they used to when they were my age. i dont think i could ever get my dad to eat shrooms again, tho i dont think i would want to either, he may go a bit crazy nowadays. but i would like to trip with my mom, i that would be tight as fuck. now this same questions could be asked about weed, like when is it ok to introduce your child to the fact that you get high and that its not as bad as all thier dare classes have been telling them?

Offlineliquidity
experienced
Loc: USA
Re: Does Mommy and Daddy Still Shroom? [Re: AzWeThinkWeIz420]
    #999899 - 10/28/02 12:06 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

If you are a parent and want to introduce psychedelics to your kid, wait until s/he is mature. Dont let them trip in the immature teen years when they are having fun being a kid. Wait until at least 16. Personally, I probly wouldnt give my kid anything until they are 18. If you arent careful, you could get into severe trouble and possibly have your kid taken off of you if the kid had a bad reaction or something and they found out you gave them something.

Anonymous

#999993 - 10/28/02 12:45 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

IMO, don't let your kid know you do drugs and don't introduce them to it. Wait for the kid to go through all the shit other kids go through with the same mindset. Let the kid go to DARE, let him find out about drugs like everyone else does. If he/she asks you about drugs, you can be honest, just don't bring it up.

The reason I say this is it is important for anyone to know both sides of an arguement. I can more effectively argue against anti-drug fucks than some other people because I used to be one of them. If you raise your kid to think about everything he/she is told, then he/she will come around to your point of view. You can even throw out a little pro-drug propoganda every now and then, just don't let your kid know you do drugs.

OfflineBrukan
a dead gnome

Re: Does Mommy and Daddy Still Shroom? [Re: Icy]
    #1000215 - 10/28/02 02:11 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

> Only when there's someone to take care of the kids.
Good point! I agree.

> I would -not- grow in the house, though. It does not endanger the children, but you could risk having them taken away.
Again I agree!

OfflineBrukan
a dead gnome

#1000218 - 10/28/02 02:13 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

> my parents are totally cool with me taking psycadelics...
Wha? Are you serious?!? That's fucking cool!

> but i would like to trip with my mom, i that would be tight as fuck.
I think that would be a FUCKING AMAZING TRIP!! I would love to trip with my mom! I think that can lead to some very interesting conversations over dinner...

> now this same questions could be asked about weed, like when is it ok to introduce your child to the fact that you get high and that its not as bad as all thier dare classes have been telling them?

Yeah I agree. I would like to be a good dad and raise my kids with all the love I can...yet I know the truth about entheogens, and don't want them to be ignorant of this...perhaps age is a major variable here, and certain ages are best suited for a "birds and bees" type of talking...

OfflineBrukan
a dead gnome

Re: Does Mommy and Daddy Still Shroom? [Re: liquidity]
    #1000219 - 10/28/02 02:13 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

> Dont let them trip in the immature teen years when they are having fun being a kid.
I think you raise a very good point in this discussion.  Does a parent want to "influence" the childhood years with providing them the "knowledge" of psychedelics.  Hm...

> Wait until at least 16. Personally, I probly wouldnt give my kid anything until they are 18. If you arent careful, you could get into severe trouble and possibly have your kid taken off of you if the kid had a bad reaction or something and they found out you gave them something.

Very good point.  Thanks for your input :smile: 

OfflineBrukan
a dead gnome

Re: Does Mommy and Daddy Still Shroom? [Re: Anonymous]
    #1000232 - 10/28/02 02:19 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

> IMO, don't let your kid know you do drugs and don't introduce them to it. Wait for the kid to go through all the shit other kids go through with the same mindset. Let the kid go to DARE, let him find out about drugs like everyone else does. If he/she asks you about drugs, you can be honest, just don't bring it up.

Ah, a counter argument. Yet, I can agree with much of what you say. I was raised in the "DARE" mindset and the just say no attitude. And through much trials and tribulations I came to the point I am now...a strong advocate for the safe and smart use of entheogens. Yet I did have to go through a lot of shit to get here, and would rather of avoided all that. So, this is why I find an interest to introduce my future children to it in a warm, intelligent, and safe environment where all that bullshit can be skipped.

> The reason I say this is it is important for anyone to know both sides of an arguement. I can more effectively argue against anti-drug fucks than some other people because I used to be one of them. If you raise your kid to think about everything he/she is told, then he/she will come around to your point of view. You can even throw out a little pro-drug propoganda every now and then, just don't let your kid know you do drugs.

I do agree with your suggestions that this can be on a "need to know basis" early on. I don't want to tell my kids about ALL the compounds I've taken too early on. This needs some work...

Offlinehuboldium
    #1001991 - 10/28/02 11:38 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

well i would raise them with proper knowledge, i wouldnt put them in the brainwahing say no in a firm voice dare, when they are old enough to learn about drugs let them read erowid and the lycaeum, let them learn true information,

as they are growing up you shouldnt hide your drug habbits, at earlier ages they will we worried about you, you should comfort them and show them some informaition on how its not hurting you, be open with them,

dont introduce them to drugs, if they want to do them let them know that you dont mind them using them as long as they are responsible and let you know, i had a friend who was on a relationship like this with his parents, he was extremly responible and safe, let them know that they can always call you in a bad trip and that they can trip at home, at least at home they are ina safe controlled, supervised environment with an experienced user, what more could you want,

pretty much be open, honest, and loving to your child, dont spread misinformation

OfflineAnGiL420
Your Momma
Loc: It's hot and dirty
    #1002114 - 10/29/02 12:18 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

I think that is a horrible question. (In my personal opinion). I don't think parents should consent any drug usage. Bringing drug usage into a child's life and commending it would most like cause a lot of problems. A child's brain is not even developed yet and to allow them to use psychedelics could cause serious mental disorders. Not to mention the fact of them being taught in society that this is wrong. Then they would wonder why their parents are allowing it when Tommy and Jane's parents don't. They might feel neglected or mistreated. Children look up to parents. Not saying drug usage is wrong with moderation, but a child is not really old enough to make that decision and if a parent is allowing it they might do it just because they want a parents approval. I strongly feel if you're not ready to take time out for your kids and know when there's a time and a place to use drugs AWAY from your kids, you shouldn't have them. Raising children is a time in your life when you ready to make a full-on commitment in the well being of raising a successful nother being and doing what is best for the wellfare of the child. -=big sigh=-

InvisibleCow Shit Collector
Patty Poacher

Loc: Random Field
Re: Does Mommy and Daddy Still Shroom? [Re: AnGiL420]
    #1002246 - 10/29/02 01:13 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

I've had very enlightening converstaions with parents on psychidelics. I think it would be a whole other ball park for parents concenting to this if the child is, say, under 18. Mainly because of our society, at least in the US.

--------------------

Life's a garden, Dig it!
~Joe Dirt

Off Topic Website

OfflineAnGiL420
Your Momma
Loc: It's hot and dirty
Re: Does Mommy and Daddy Still Shroom? [Re: Cow Shit Collector]
    #1002260 - 10/29/02 01:19 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

Yes I agree if they're over 18 and have a better understanding of the issue that's a different story. If not (IMO) this shouldn't even be questioned.

OfflineAzWeThinkWeIz420
just an illusion

Loc: nor-cal
    #1002297 - 10/29/02 01:50 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

well im 19, and my parents kept all that shit from me untill well after my 18th birthday, its not like i didnt know they were doing drugs or that they knew i wasnt it was just on a dont ask dont tell basis, tho now im glad i can be open about my drug habits

OfflineBrukan
a dead gnome

Re: Does Mommy and Daddy Still Shroom? [Re: huboldium]
    #1002783 - 10/29/02 09:14 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

> let them know that they can always call you in a bad trip and that they can trip at home, at least at home they are ina safe controlled, supervised environment with an experienced user, what more could you want,

That would be astounding!

> pretty much be open, honest, and loving to your child, dont spread misinformation
Amen!

OfflineBrukan
a dead gnome

#1002794 - 10/29/02 09:23 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

> Bringing drug usage into a child's life and commending it would most like cause a lot of problems.

I can agree with you here...to some degree. I think that from our discussion, the variable of age seems to be very important (and for obvious reasons). So, I DO believe that introducing this whole scene too early on WILL raise the probability for problems to occur (ie. alienation, depression, general craziness).

The key seems to be proper tolerance, accurate information...then a supportive role when at the proper age.

> A child's brain is not even developed yet and to allow them to use psychedelics could cause serious mental disorders.

Yes, that is possible!

> I strongly feel if you're not ready to take time out for your kids and know when there's a time and a place to use drugs AWAY from your kids, you shouldn't have them.

I can go with that...

> Raising children is a time in your life when your ready to make a full-on commitment in the well being of raising a successful other being and doing what is best for the wellfare of the child.

That's why I raise this question, because I believe that knowledge of entheogens at an early age can be beneficial...but there are many items to be discussed, as we are doing here...

OfflineBrukan
a dead gnome

#1002803 - 10/29/02 09:28 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

AzWeThinkWeIz420, with respect to drugs...what was it like before your 18th birthday?

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck