Home | Community | Message Board

Mycohaus
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Amazon ½ Pint Jars, Hygrometer, Perlite

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinephishie
whistling moon travler
 User Gallery

humidity problem
    #9993605 - 03/18/09 08:54 AM (11 years, 11 months ago)

so I birthed a few jars last night into a rubbermaid tub. I have a 6500k light going 12 and 12 but it seems to me like there should be more humidity. I should be able to see it on the sides of my tub should I not? I don't have anything that reads humidity so can't tell for sure what the percentage is at? I soaked my peralite like pf tek said. is there anyway with out shotguning humidity in there to boost my humidity??

--------------------
VVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVV

Everything I post is completely fictitious, and for your amusement only. All the pictures I post are either photoshopped or ripped from the internet. Whenever i trade for spores it is for examining the spores under microscopes to see their characteristics. There is no reason why I would ever want to nor will I grow mushrooms containing psilocybin while in the USA.

Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineDiMiTriSouljah
No left turn unstoned
 User Gallery

Loc: ked in a Skin Pinata
Re: humidity problem [Re: phishie]
    #9993613 - 03/18/09 08:57 AM (11 years, 11 months ago)

Spray the sides of your fruiting chamber with a fine mist sprayer bottle filled with preferably distilled water.

--------------------
In the end, my friend, we will all be together again.

Offlineelectrics
wave rider
Male User Gallery

Loc: In front of my Computer
    #9993623 - 03/18/09 09:01 AM (11 years, 11 months ago)

I'm sure for now with proper misting you will be able to maintain high humidity...Humidity is important but you will not be ably to read it without a hydrometer..the cheap ones work best actually..Also you won't see water beads on the side of you're chamber this is not a sign of humidity only that there is a temp. change between the inside and outside of you're chamber..I fruit with a shotgun and a Martha and I never worry about the humidity as long as you mist and fan 3-4 times a day until pins show up you're fine..The perlite will hold the humidity constant.Nothing to worry about..e

--------------------
"Listen now I'm talking I've been here for weeks, waiting in this growing crowd staring at my feet, The world around me is Turning I'm just standing still, The time has come for changes do something or I will" Phish

Offlinedead
grateful
Male User Gallery

Loc: North pole
Re: humidity problem [Re: electrics]
    #9993630 - 03/18/09 09:03 AM (11 years, 11 months ago)

Distilled water for spraying is unnecessary. If your tap water is drinkable, you can use that.

Spray upwards so that the mist falls on the mycelium. Fan after misting.

Also, get an analog hygrometer. Digitals are mostly crap.

--------------------
"The third eye. You spend years doing everything you can to open it and then the damn thing opens and your friends laugh at you when you tell them you can see their souls behind their eyes burning like rainbows."

Links:
:regularshroom:Nibin's Guide for Noobs
:regularshroom:some easy teks on bulk & grain prep. (my journal)

Offlineveda_sticks
Cultivator
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: UK Flag
Re: humidity problem [Re: dead]
    #9993769 - 03/18/09 10:23 AM (11 years, 11 months ago)

i cant believe people are still reading this myth and believing it.

Its utter nonense.

If you built the terrarium as per rogger rabbits tek, you will have 95%+ rh. Ive heard that with the lid off it can achieve 90%.

Not having condensation on you walls is a good thing, that means the moisture is staying in the air, you want the moisture in the air. A little condensation is fine as sometimes it cant be avoided, with alot of substrate in your fruiting chamber that will sometimes create enough of a temp differential that you cant avoid it.

As long as you have 4-5 inches of perlite, 1/4 inche holes in all six sides, that means the top and bottom and you raise your fruiting chamber a few inches so the bottom holes are exposed you will be fine.

Dont mist the fruiting chamber walls, which does nothing for humidity. Mist well like you seen in the video then use the lid to fan out your terrarium. Simples.

Really with a shotgun fruiting chamber built right i wouldnt worry too much. If your ambient rh is low then that might have an effect but some have reported good success in drier climates.

If you want to get a hygrometer, look for an anologue meter that you can calibrate. They have a screw on the back for adjusting.

--------------------

PF TEK - writeup by EvilMushroom666
Lets Grow Mushrooms - RogerRabbit & RoadKills website with sample videos plus the full PF TEK video series. Alot of great information - BUY THE DVD
Cakes can and will pin! - So you think cakes suck for pins. Your wrong
Franks Simple Coir/Verm Tek
Franks Proper Pasturisation Tek
Franks Spawning To Bulk - Monotub
Professor Pinheads RTV Injection Port Tek
Foo Mans No Soak WBS Prep Tek

Offlinephishie
whistling moon travler
 User Gallery

#9996015 - 03/18/09 05:44 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

ok sounds good!!! thanks

--------------------
VVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVV

Everything I post is completely fictitious, and for your amusement only. All the pictures I post are either photoshopped or ripped from the internet. Whenever i trade for spores it is for examining the spores under microscopes to see their characteristics. There is no reason why I would ever want to nor will I grow mushrooms containing psilocybin while in the USA.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Amazon ½ Pint Jars, Hygrometer, Perlite

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation