Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinekneedragger
Mushy base and odd growth - contams????
    #998297 - 10/27/02 09:14 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

Ok, I'm pretty new at this, but I've done a bunch of PF Tek cakes and had pretty good results. I used 5 cakes to make my first casing, and after about 2 weeks or so, I started getting pins and shortly after it was time to pick a few. The bases all seemed mushy and when I would try to scrape away the mycelium it would tear apart like cotton and it was all stringy inside. Two other things: the bases seem a bit wet and quite dense, and the caps are anything but normal. The caps are twisted and mutant. Anyway, the temp in the room is about 80F, these were PF strain cakes, and I had gotten good results with the same needle on cakes that were left to fruit normally. There also seems to be a slightly greenish tint to the inner spongy part of the base of the shroom. I couldn't find any hint of green mold anywhere on the surface of the casing and I even cut into it at one poin and only found white. Oh yeah, this was cased with straight verm on bottom and straight verm on top. I put the casing in a rubbermaid storage tub and used a piece of glass to cover it and let in some light. I fanned 3 - 5 times per day and kept the humidity around 90%.

My first question is, wassap???

My second questions is, can I eat the 250 grams (wet) that I just picked????? Or are these tainted goods?

My last question is, how can I keep it from being like that next time I case?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
--- The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese ---
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinekneedragger
Re: Mushy base and odd growth - contams???? [Re: kneedragger]
    #999323 - 10/28/02 06:37 AM (21 years, 4 months ago)

Ok, I just read like every contam post in here, and it sounds to me like I've got verticillium, and I need to lower the humidity and fan more frequently. I've dried all the guys that I picked, and I'm still considering eating them (any thoughts on this???). Hopefully, my casing will flush again and all the little guys will look normal. I've got six cakes ready to birth, and I like the yields off the casing, but I can't risk that these might not fruit well (I have a 20 person party over Thanksgiving and I'm getting short on time). I'll probably just be a conservative little chicken and let the cakes fruit without casing. I'll case again in a month or so.....

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix