Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Myyco.com Pan Cyan Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineganjaguru
I'm not really here
Male
Loc: Austin, TX
Re: just found a motherload, but need i.d [Re: Suntzu]
    #1001175 - 10/28/02 08:36 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

ok everyone well, here goes, this is my best attempt at regaining my self composure, i apologize for giving all huntes a bad name, im sorry that i decided to tell you about somehting i tried, im sorry that i did this obviously horriblet thing to all of you by posting this, so... i will have pictures up shortly, i need them to get developed, yes my mommy did tell me not to eat shrooms, the method i use for testing is the method the marines use to try and see if foreign plants are edible in a survival type situation, dont really wanna list it all, and no im not dead, as you can see, so what im thinking, becasue of this chastising is perhaps it was placebo, i guess it could be but..... hmm how strong can placebo be? because i was pretty damn sure i was tripping anyway, i really am sorry and would like to not have to change my name on shroomery in shame simply because of an error i made as a newbie, thanks for the supportive criticism as i will call it.
NDL

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineRoKiSdEaD
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Loc: South
Re: just found a motherload, but need i.d [Re: ganjaguru]
    #1001574 - 10/28/02 10:14 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

We're only being asses cuz we don't want to see ppl die. Mushroom poisoning is a very real possibility, and if I were you I might just go to the doctor for some sort of toxins test or some shit, cuz some shrooms take weeks for effects to be very noticeable. Just be careful man! :smile:

Offlinecanid
irregular meat sprocket
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: looking for zeebras, n. c...
Trusted Identifier
    #1001820 - 10/28/02 11:05 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

i must say i grew up in the woods and i know that there aren't twenty ways to tedt the edibility of anything. there are only two. be careful man, i'd hate to read about you in the paper.

--------------------

Attn PWN hunters: If you should come across a bluing Psilocybe matching P. pellicolusa please smell it.
If you detect a scent reminiscent of Anethole (anise) please preserve a specimen or two for study and please PM me.

Edited by concretefeet (10/28/02 11:11 PM)

OfflineHuxley
Loc: Las Vegas
Re: just found a motherload, but need i.d [Re: canid]
    #1002187 - 10/29/02 12:47 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

Boy, when the Dex Addict gives you are lecture, you have to know that you were being incredibly stupid.

OfflineRoKiSdEaD
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Loc: South
Re: just found a motherload, but need i.d [Re: Huxley]
    #1003301 - 10/29/02 01:36 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

lol, you guys sure have decided to gang up on me lately :smile: I'm not a burnout any (yet). heh

InvisibleBlu Spore
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: Canada
Re: just found a motherload, but need i.d [Re: RoKiSdEaD]
    #1003347 - 10/29/02 01:51 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

Icant believe what Im reading...there is no way to tell if a mushroom is poisonus or not without knowing what species it is. Did you know the death cap grows under oak. If you have eaten a death cap symptoms dont show up for a while and then you can die of kidney failure which is a painful way to die. You should get that mushroom that you ate id right away.

Offlineganjaguru
I'm not really here
Male
Re: just found a motherload, but need i.d [Re: RoKiSdEaD]
    #1007048 - 10/30/02 03:49 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

ok i did a search on the species panaeolus subbalteatus and there was a cluster of diff pics and one of them looked EXACTLY like the ones i have been finding, no veil, yeah i found out what that is, thin stem, caramel color, the whole bit, so... does this mean anything to anyone? does anyone know what color the spore print is typically with panaeolus subbalteatus? thanks for the help guys.
NDL

--------------------

OfflineGaNjAShRooM
===SPUN===

Loc: Southern United States
    #1007076 - 10/30/02 04:01 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

jet black

--------------------
Cultivation Laws Of America Suck

Offlineganjaguru
I'm not really here
Male
Re: just found a motherload, but need i.d [Re: GaNjAShRooM]
    #1007103 - 10/30/02 04:16 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

all of em, mine are really dark, but i dont think i can quite call it jet black, its more like a very dark brown.
NDL

--------------------

OfflineFatSean
Stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: Canada
    #1007201 - 10/30/02 05:00 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

If it's a brown sporeprint its most likely pan. foenscenii. If it was that, you most likely wouldn't have tripped. I think they're supposed to be inactive, but a very small few have been found to contain active chemicals. Maybe you got some that do?

Offlinecanid
irregular meat sprocket
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: looking for zeebras, n. c...
Trusted Identifier
Re: just found a motherload, but need i.d [Re: FatSean]
    #1008194 - 10/30/02 10:06 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

almost all reports of pan foes being active can be attributed to mixed collections. they can look verry similar, even to an experienced hunter. the one distinguishing factor is the print color. pan. foe. prints be very dark and (IME) they can look identical but a pan subb print can never be brown. pan foenisecii are inactive. i have eaten them, in large quantities, from every state i've been to (exept Ak, Az and Tx.) without even a hint of a trip.

--------------------

Attn PWN hunters: If you should come across a bluing Psilocybe matching P. pellicolusa please smell it.
If you detect a scent reminiscent of Anethole (anise) please preserve a specimen or two for study and please PM me.

Offlinecalishroomer
Looking For Lunatic In TheGrass!

#1175799 - 12/28/02 04:33 PM (21 years, 3 months ago)

MAN O MAN!!....

I HAVE TO AGREE.....trying them and not even knowing what a viel is?...im a newbee to this too, but i can tell you one things for sure. before i even THOUGHT about trying ANYTHING i found, i bought and read EVERY BOOK i could get my hands on.ive been hunting and picking for a couple of years now, and i can tell you one things for certain....it took me a long time to even try the for sure edibles i found (boletus,blewitts,ect)....DO YOU HAVE A DEATHWISH BRO?....... there was an orental family last year living in the same town im in that picked on a regular basis. after a couple of weeks of not being seen, the police went to there house and found ALL OF THEM DEAD,13 IN ALL from eating mushrooms that they didnt identify correctly (DEATH CAP)......IF YOU NEED A BOOK BRO, IVE GOT A COUPLE OF GOOD ONES ILL GIVE YOU FOR SHIPPING CHARGES.....THEY COULD SAVE YOUR LIFE!

--------------------
"The Lunatic Is In The Grass!!"

Invisibledeanofmean
mycophagous

Loc: PNW
Re: just found a motherload, but need i.d [Re: calishroomer]
    #1175887 - 12/28/02 05:31 PM (21 years, 3 months ago)

another thread brought back from the dead    :crazy: 

OfflineSkikid16
fungus fan

Loc: In the middle of the nort...
    #1176320 - 12/28/02 10:19 PM (21 years, 3 months ago)

Cali, are you LSAuser?

--------------------
Re-Defeat Bush in '04

Offlinecalishroomer
Looking For Lunatic In TheGrass!

Re: just found a motherload, but need i.d [Re: Skikid16]
    #1208394 - 01/11/03 02:46 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Cali, are you LSAuser?

i dont understand the question. is this "LSAuser" a person place or thing?....hehehehhe..........

--------------------
"The Lunatic Is In The Grass!!"

Offlineshirley knott
not my real name
 User Gallery
Loc: London
    #1208794 - 01/11/03 07:18 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

hmmmm, he could be!

--------------------
buh

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Myyco.com Pan Cyan Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract