Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Brown Rice Flour, Potato Dextrose, Vermiculite

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1

its crazy
    #998467 - 10/27/02 11:55 PM (14 years, 1 day ago)

ive posted a few things about my tray things i did on 10/20....and heres another...its crazy....for all the new people reading this and dont know what the hell im talking about...ill tell you all bout it......i found this tray thing that has 8 little triangular sections....the whole thing is maybe 5 inch X 5 inch....i made verm/brf mix and put in enough to fill each section to the top....after cleaning out the tray really good....and the i wrapped it a shit load in seran wrap...and then i put it in my big pot to boil with 1 jar....after about an hour and a half i took them out....i took them to my room to let cool while i was down here on the comp...i let them cool for about 2 hours....then i took the tray and unwrapped it and shot some spores from my syringe on the surface of the verm/brf in each section....i did it pretty fast and then wrapped it in new seran wrap a million times again right after....2 days later it was stinking like hell....i figured it was contam...but i wanted to keep it to see what would come of it....so i took it out of my incubation chamber so it wouldnt stink it up more and put it behind my stereo which it right infront of my window...about 5 days after inoculation the smell was gone and there was white fluffy stuff starting to grow....i left it behind my stereo for 3 days and left my shade up each one and so the tray got alot of light....while it was behind my stereo and the whiteness was growing some of it was a yellowish tint....but now all that was yellow is white.....and little bits that were touching the seran wrap were a very light pink...and now have turned into a moroonish color(the parts touching the seran) and all the rest is still very very white and fluffy....i havnt checked it today, so i dont know whats different.....

so what do you people think is going on with my tray??? what i think is that my spores are colonizing and growing...but this is my 1st time...so i wouldnt know...i made 2 jars earlier this month on 10/3 or something like that....they are about 60-70% colonized...i think my inncedent with my room getting VERY cold kinda stalled the colonizing...but thats a diff story....anyways....the other jar i boiled with my tray hasnt shown any growth yet, but im hoping by tomorrow or something....anyways...again....what do you people think is going on with my tray????

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
straw dog

Loc: Route 66
Re: its crazy [Re: ]
    #998490 - 10/28/02 12:01 AM (14 years, 1 day ago)

I think you are growing a shitload of contams with maybe a hint of mycelia.

Fascism (fash'izem) n. A governmental system marked by a centralized dictatorship, stringent socioeconomic controls, and often belligerent nationalism. see also: the Bush Administration.

fungus fan

Loc: In the middle of the nort...
    #998733 - 10/28/02 01:21 AM (14 years, 1 day ago)

Well you ain't growing pink mycelium. And the reason why it doesn't stink is cause its not in a closed environment any longer. You can keep it around, but I don't think it will do anything but produce more contamination, and in turn, more contamination spores.

Re-Defeat Bush in '04

Calls Shots 'Round Here
 User Gallery

Loc: Earth 25XX
    #999111 - 10/28/02 04:48 AM (14 years, 1 day ago)

Fusarium sporotrichoides

Morphology: Colonies around 8.5 - 9.5 cm in diameter after 7 days on PDA, cottony, yellow, reddish, red-brown or red-purple with whitish aerial mycelium overlaid. Conidiophores branching, bearing phialides which often make fork-like proliferations at the tip as new secondary phialidic necks are produced. Micro conidia ranging from subglobose and 5 - 7 ?m in diameter to pear or spindle shaped, mostly 6 - 11 X 3 - 4 ?m, usually unicellular, sometimes bicellular. Macro conidia slightly curved, 3 - 5 septate, thin, 30 - 45 X 3.5 - 5.5. ?m. Chlamydospores abundant, yellow-brown, usually in chains.

Does it look like that? Cuz if it does, toss it, burn the area it was in, bleech bath yourself, or u are in a whole load of trouble.

Shit can fuck w/ your DNA.

Don't soak your WBS dummy! There's an =>easy<= way.
For Your Health!

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Brown Rice Flour, Potato Dextrose, Vermiculite

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation