Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Grow Bags   North Spore Bulk Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinepsychotropic89
Ripplehead
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Parallel Universe
Win a print ! Best Grow idea.
    #9980649 - 03/16/09 08:17 AM (15 years, 6 days ago)

So I have completed my first grow. The yield was about 4 oz dry. Had fun with it. Was a simple shotgun FC. No biggie. Now I want to master my next grow. Looking for ideas for a good yield but as well want to keep it mildy interesting and entertaining. Lets mix up some of the ideas. Make them fun. I dont really care. The one that i pick in the end will win a free Ecuadorian Print. Deadline is Saturday March 21st at 11:59 pm

:tee:

--------------------
I'm the one that has to die when it's time for me to die, so let me live my life, the way I want to.
Jimi Hendrix

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleTheShroomJew23
The Chemist
Male

Loc: Temple
Re: Win a print ! Best Grow idea. [Re: psychotropic89]
    #9980678 - 03/16/09 08:26 AM (15 years, 6 days ago)

Get a very large rubbermaid tub, it must be big enough to have perlite in it along with two casings stacked on top of eachother with space in between for fruits, get two smaller tubs that fit inside with a minimal loss of space but small enough for air flow. Take the big tub and put poly-fill ports right above the perlite layer and on the lid, then use metal wire to suspend the first tub about 2 inches above the perlite and the second one above the lower tub with space for fruits to grow in between and with space above for t he top tub. Then mount a tube flourescent inside the big tubs lid. This makes a double layered FC that never needs fanning because the lowest fruitng layer is at least 5 inches above the bottom which means CO2 is eliminated as a problem.

--------------------

You will be missed

Offlinepsychotropic89
Ripplehead
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Win a print ! Best Grow idea. [Re: TheShroomJew23]
    #9981143 - 03/16/09 10:56 AM (15 years, 6 days ago)

Just want to add that i want to avoid perlite at all costs. Its way too messy and annoying. Give me some interesting humidification ideas as well. Lets be creative :catfrog:

--------------------
I'm the one that has to die when it's time for me to die, so let me live my life, the way I want to.
Jimi Hendrix

Invisiblemister
Nature nut
 User Gallery

#9981198 - 03/16/09 11:10 AM (15 years, 6 days ago)

105 qt monotub with 4 inch substrate of coir/coffee/verm/gypsum.

OfflineMokotoko
Stranger
Re: Win a print ! Best Grow idea. [Re: mister]
    #9981215 - 03/16/09 11:15 AM (15 years, 6 days ago)

1)Fill your bedroom with a 10 inch layer of perlite
2)Make BRF cakes using 5 gallon buckets
3)Use a lot of humdifiers and air pumps to keep humidity levels high and FAE good.
4)Enjoy.

Offlinehotkarl
fresh daily
Male

Loc: West Coast, USA
Re: Win a print ! Best Grow idea. [Re: Mokotoko]
    #9981228 - 03/16/09 11:17 AM (15 years, 6 days ago)

Quote:

Mokotoko said:
3)Use a lot of humdifiers and air pumps to keep humidity levels high and FAE good.
4)Enjoy.

Don't forget to drill holes on all sides

--------------------

Invisible13shroomsM
Lightning Shaman
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: IN ETHERS TORSION FIELD
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Win a print ! Best Grow idea. [Re: Mokotoko]
    #9981277 - 03/16/09 11:28 AM (15 years, 6 days ago)

Quote:

Mokotoko said:
4)Enjoy.

:rofl2::congrats::rofl2:

inoculate with fav strain either grain jars or cakes:syringe:

then use the fully colonized jars for spawn into 18gal monotubs :thumbup:with your substrate being 1 brick coir, 1 quart verm, 1 quart coffee, 1 pint gypsum(optional)  using Large_Doses how I pasteurize coir  tek

cover mono with plastic(garbage bag) for 10-14 days

(cut view port in lid and place clear material of your choice over hole so you can see with out opening as to not expose to contams)

then once fully colonized place mono into fruiting conditions.(FAE, temps @70-78F, light 12 on.off) 

then poof,:mushroomgrow: in a few days lotz of boomers:mushroom2: for you and your friends to enjoy!

easy, relatively mess free, cheap materials and good results.:headbang3:

My fav method.:crazy2:

--------------------
:takingnotes:A M U:helpdesk:
Click here ^ for the AMU forum
VVV AMUs Free Active/Edible/Exotic Spore Print or Syringe or Edible Culture Trade Thread VVV
"Man is the sex organ of the machine world" ~  Marshall McLuhan

Invisiblemister
Nature nut
 User Gallery

Re: Win a print ! Best Grow idea. [Re: 13shrooms]
    #9981300 - 03/16/09 11:32 AM (15 years, 6 days ago)

I second that 13shrooms  :thumbup:

--------------------

:mushroomgrow::mushroomgrow::mushroomgrow::mushroomgrow:AMU Q & A thread:mushroomgrow::mushroomgrow::mushroomgrow::mushroomgrow:

Offlinemadwire3
queen of the smurfs
Female

#9981320 - 03/16/09 11:37 AM (15 years, 6 days ago)

get a 2 to two gallon bucket. do a 1:3 or 1:4 mix of spawn:poo.coir.cob let colonize then birth that bad boy like a giant pf cake.. I'd use like 50% cob so it should hold better shape with it. fruit it in ur shotty

--------------------
I agree totally. However, this forum isn't for the experienced growers, because they already know the ropes.  It's for the new growers who are just starting out.  Sometimes the hardest part about learning something new is un-learning bad info.  That's why I tend to correct people for calling a substrate tray a 'casing', etc.
RR

everything I say is a lie on here.

Invisibleshroomzey
Humble Student
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Win a print ! Best Grow idea. [Re: hotkarl]
    #9981329 - 03/16/09 11:40 AM (15 years, 6 days ago)

If you want a simple noobie friendly bulk technique.

Buy a 12 pack of quart jars.
Buy a 20-40 lb bag of wild bird seed.
by either using FooMan's WBS tek, or monstermitch's go ahead and prep it and PC it.
inoculate.
Lets the jars colonize.
Once 100% colonized (aim for 8-9 jars) prep a mixture of (65 coir/20 verm/10 coffee/5 gypsum)
Buy a tub somewhere around 60 quarts capacity.
Put 1.5 bricks of coir in that tub, add water and hydrate, then add in your used coffee grounds that you can get for free from starbucks no questions asked(grounds for you garden program)(2 quarts), add in your vermiculite(4 quarts), and then your gypsum(1 quart).  Get it all mixed up evenly.
Get a 5 gal. bucket+lid and a 5 gallon paint strainer from a hardware store.  Put the strainer in the bucket, load your sub into the strainer, tie it off.  While you're doing all this mixing have a large pot of water heating up on the stove, use a meat or candy thermometer to check the temp at 180F.  Dump the water into the bucket, make sure to keep the bag submerged in the water using something that won't affect the temperature. (Some people suggest using a weight, but a weight is dense and will drop the temperature, use something plastic)

That should bring the temp between the 160-140 range for 90 minutes.  Take the bag out, set it in the tub to drain for 5 or so hours.  Hold on to the remaining left over water and you can use that to hydrate future batches of WBS(which I would do that night, since you'll be spawning your jars, this way you keep a constant rotation.)

While your sub is pasteurizing clean that tub out that you mixed with.  And then drill 4-6 1.5" holes in the tub.  (You're making a monotub)

By the way just search any of the terms of techniques I'm mentioning if you don't know what I'm talking about.

Then, line the tub with some black plastic.  Once your sub is done draining/cooling it should be at the right moisture content.  Dump it into your tub and mix it up real well(save a little bit in the bucket) then dump in your 6-7 quarts jars of spawn, mix it all up VERY VERY WELL.  Evenly distrubute all the kernels as well as possible, then take the little bit of bulk sub left and leave a nice thin layer of fresh stuff on top covering any exposed kernels.

Tape up the holes, put it in a corner until a few days to a week after being fully colonized.  Than rip open the holes and stuff polyfil in them.  Now you're fruiting.  Supplement with misting and fanning if you'd like but you don't have to.  And feel free to take out the polyfil completely or put it back it to adjust for the FAE and rh.

Take any extra jars you have left over, G2G those, and then once your tub has flushed a couple times dump the substrate out and do it all over again.

You'll have more mushies than you could ask for.

--------------------

200 years from now, we will look back and laugh at ourselves for how stupid we were.
My Glovebox
Find a respected member of the community and study them.  I give thanks to: RogerRabbit, agar, hyphae, Nibin, fahtster, The shroomy 1, monstermitch, FooMan, HippieChick, Blue Helix, eatyualive, mycofile, and many, many more.
Never accept mediocrity, always return the love that is given to you.

Edited by shroomzey (03/16/09 11:41 AM)

Invisible13shroomsM
Lightning Shaman
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: IN ETHERS TORSION FIELD
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Win a print ! Best Grow idea. [Re: shroomzey]
    #9981361 - 03/16/09 11:46 AM (15 years, 6 days ago)

:minigun:

--------------------
:takingnotes:A M U:helpdesk:
Click here ^ for the AMU forum
VVV AMUs Free Active/Edible/Exotic Spore Print or Syringe or Edible Culture Trade Thread VVV
"Man is the sex organ of the machine world" ~  Marshall McLuhan

OfflineARvngr
Stranger
    #9981502 - 03/16/09 12:30 PM (15 years, 6 days ago)

Offlinemadwire3
queen of the smurfs
Female

Re: Win a print ! Best Grow idea. [Re: ARvngr]
    #9981883 - 03/16/09 01:44 PM (15 years, 6 days ago)

that's what I was gonna recommend but I think birthing a smaller bucket that's almost full would be funnnn ..

--------------------
I agree totally. However, this forum isn't for the experienced growers, because they already know the ropes.  It's for the new growers who are just starting out.  Sometimes the hardest part about learning something new is un-learning bad info.  That's why I tend to correct people for calling a substrate tray a 'casing', etc.
RR

everything I say is a lie on here.

Offlinepsychotropic89
Ripplehead
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Win a print ! Best Grow idea. [Re: madwire3]
    #9981943 - 03/16/09 01:52 PM (15 years, 6 days ago)

I am loving all the ideas so far! Keep them coming. We still got a whole 5 days. :detectivescrotes:

--------------------
Jimi Hendrix

Offlinepsychotropic89
Ripplehead
Male

Folding@home Statistics
    #9987855 - 03/17/09 10:50 AM (15 years, 5 days ago)

ideas ideas ideas
lets bring some more !:sheepie:

--------------------
Jimi Hendrix

Offlineboomer q
Comrade General
Male User Gallery

Loc: Dirty Jersey
    #9987881 - 03/17/09 11:00 AM (15 years, 5 days ago)

you should try bags, really easy to do right, pretty difficult to mess up.  the way i started was with 1pt pf jars. spawn them to bags with either prepasteurized subs, or make your own and pasteurize.. easy substrate to make = a brick of coir, hydrate, add 1qt verm,  1pt coffee, 1/2 cup gypsum, this should make 3-4 good sized bags, spawn 1pt - 1qt per bag. colonize for 1-2 weeks, expose to light and harvest in 1-2 weeks, easy as pie!

--------------------
I got bags of funk and i sell em by the tons

Offlineairborne robot
Stranger

Re: Win a print ! Best Grow idea. [Re: boomer q]
    #9988127 - 03/17/09 11:55 AM (15 years, 5 days ago)

PC up about 20 quarts of WBS 40 would be better. Using a LC get them going and when at 100% spawn the 40 quarts into a kiddie pool with your Sub. Seal with a entire roll of press-n-seal, and sit back and watch. That would be one of the largest mono tub grows anyone has ever done. Simple but MASSIVE

OfflineReid Moore
Stranger
Loc: avore
Re: Win a print ! Best Grow idea. [Re: airborne robot]
    #9989403 - 03/17/09 03:36 PM (15 years, 5 days ago)

Cyan Bombs.

Using an established culture of a wood lover inoculate grain, then sawdust, after myc is established pasteurize wood chips. Use old paper towel, or toilet paper rolls, and fill with a mixture of pasteurized chips and colonized sawdust. The rolls would likely need to be kept inside bags to maintain humidity. Once established, these rolls can be used for making outdoor beds. Very easy to transport. After transplant, the mycelium will grow through the cardboard roll.

RM

Offlinepsychotropic89
Ripplehead
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Win a print ! Best Grow idea. [Re: Reid Moore]
    #9993681 - 03/18/09 07:29 AM (15 years, 4 days ago)

HAHA i love the kiddie pool idea. keep them coming

--------------------
Jimi Hendrix

Offlineveda_sticks
Cultivator
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: UK Flag
    #9993703 - 03/18/09 07:42 AM (15 years, 4 days ago)

If you have yourself a pressure cooker already. Then move onto grains. Either rye or wbs seem to be the most common used, though popcorn works too.

Make sure to get the moisture content right in your grains (plenty of good teks around) and pressure cooker for 90 minutes at 15 psi and alllow to cool naturaly.

Inoculate with chosen strain, dont shake after inoculation, you want the spores as close together as possible so once monokyrotic mycelium grows it doesnt have to reach out far to meet up other monokyrotic myc and join if compatible, form ddykyrotic myc.

Shake after 30% then leave to fully colinise.

Big monotub setups can produce some very nice flushes, but IMO in my first try i would go with a few smaller tubs just incase it goes south. Be a shame to loose such a large tub after putting so much effort in.

Mini dub tubs are nice :-), which is basicaly 2 3 litre food storage containers put together to make a larger tub. The lids have most of the middle cut out leaving the part that attaches to the lid, then glueing them together so that both tubs can click together, then you cut holes like a monotub and polyfill then, 2 2 inch holes on long sides and 1 2 inch on the short side above the substrate level, and the same on the top tub.

spawn your colinised grain to pasturised coir/coffee/gypsum in your mini dub tubs by layering coir then spawn then coir until you have 3-4 inches of substrate. and shut up your tub. Pack the polyfill tight as to only allow gas exchange and leave to colinise for a week.

Once colinised, remove the polfyill and repack it loosely for fruiting.

You can leave it till harest, or if you want, can mist and fan now and then to help things along.

No perlite, substrate should humidify the tub.

This is what i plan on doing next, except with pf cakes and coir/coffee. Also im not using polyfill but instead a row of 6 1/4 inch holes in the long sides and 4 on the short sides instead of polyfill to see if i get better FAE while still maintain rh.

--------------------

PF TEK - writeup by EvilMushroom666
Lets Grow Mushrooms - RogerRabbit & RoadKills website with sample videos plus the full PF TEK video series. Alot of great information - BUY THE DVD
Cakes can and will pin! - So you think cakes suck for pins. Your wrong
Franks Simple Coir/Verm Tek
Franks Proper Pasturisation Tek
Franks Spawning To Bulk - Monotub
Professor Pinheads RTV Injection Port Tek
Foo Mans No Soak WBS Prep Tek

Edited by veda_sticks (03/18/09 07:48 AM)

Offlinefltdriver82
Naked and offensive
Male User Gallery

Loc: On a trip
Re: Win a print ! Best Grow idea. [Re: veda_sticks]
    #9993846 - 03/18/09 09:01 AM (15 years, 4 days ago)

Do a STRAW LOG, very simple with massive fruits. Also very cheap sub-4.99 for a bale of straw. One bale will make several five gallon buckets.
Inoc. grain of choice
Pasteurize Straw
Spawn in a Five Gallon bucket (recommend using a trash bag inside bucket)
Birth
Fruit
Enjoy

For a massive LOG us a large trash can or 55 gallon drum.
Actual tek's can be found with search-I was just giving a quick description.

Offlinepsychotropic89
Ripplehead
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Win a print ! Best Grow idea. Closed! [Re: veda_sticks]
    #10015728 - 03/21/09 06:06 PM (15 years, 1 day ago)

I will be reviewing the posts this weekend and will post the winner by the latest Monday night. Good luck everyone. Thanks for your participation

--------------------
Jimi Hendrix

OfflineFryer Mike
Lost in the fourth dimension.

#10015751 - 03/21/09 06:10 PM (15 years, 1 day ago)

Put some BRF on your weiner and grow some shrooms there.

--------------------
DON'T READ THIS!

Any information/ pictures/ text that implies I grow or use illegal substances is false and/ or for entertainment purposes. Nothing I say or submit to this forum or to any other should be taken literally.

I am become death, destroyer of worlds.

Fryer Mike

OfflineDeadDog
MingeTeasingBastard
Male User Gallery

Loc: La Chorrerra
Re: Win a print ! Best Grow idea. [Re: Fryer Mike]
    #10015806 - 03/21/09 06:23 PM (15 years, 1 day ago)

jack up 10ccs of LC and see how long it take for shrooms to sprout from your arsehole?

nah i vote on the laundry basket tek

--------------------
"You are the human equivalent of Bacterial Vaginosis, die now, thanks."

Offlinemetalhead
GIT-R-DONE!
Male

Loc: earth
Re: Win a print ! Best Grow idea. [Re: DeadDog]
    #10016168 - 03/21/09 07:32 PM (15 years, 1 day ago)

take a pair of old shoes or somthing simmilar and take your favorite spawn and put it inside the pre boiled shoe case fruit done.

--------------------

Offlinepsychotropic89
Ripplehead
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Win a print ! Best Grow idea. Contest Closed. [Re: metalhead]
    #10022238 - 03/22/09 07:34 PM (15 years, 9 hours ago)

So the rules were for the most interesting and original idea. I reviewed the posts and most of the ideas i saw were either for some sort of monotub or a basic bulk grow setup. Nothing too special. Whether i use the winners idea is not something i will be revealing.

Congratulations to veda_sticks. Pm me please.

--------------------
Jimi Hendrix

Offlinepotatonet
Quantum Scientist
I'm a teapot

Loc: Far side of the moon
    #10023691 - 03/23/09 12:15 AM (15 years, 5 hours ago)

veda, you can maintain humidity with A LOT of holes in that system, I maintained 99% in a 2 sq ft rooting chamber (for plants) with 120 or so 3/16" holes along the tops and sides.

--------------------
In the Quechua language of Peru there are over 1000 words for "potato"

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Grow Bags   North Spore Bulk Substrate