Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   North Spore Boomr Bag   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineZOIDBERG
Stoned Writer
Male

Loc: Ontario, Canada
Small, Stealth grow.
    #9978922 - 03/15/09 10:10 PM (15 years, 16 days ago)

This grow coming up will be my first and I could use some help. I live with my parents and I have a very small space to grow in, also obviously I dont want my parents to discover my grow. Im planning on growing some psilocybe cubensis on one PF cake in the smallest terrarium possible, any suggestions? I have everything else, I just need to finalize this part!:thumbup: Im trying to keep this as small and as simple as possible.

Thanks in advanced
Keep blazing.

--------------------

Keep it real, Toronto style.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleRoger Fudd
 User Gallery

Loc: Earth, Inner Solar System
Re: Small, Stealth grow. [Re: ZOIDBERG]
    #9978957 - 03/15/09 10:16 PM (15 years, 16 days ago)

Well, this isn't that small, but it is a very good stealth grow.
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/5292458#5292458

OfflineZOIDBERG
Stoned Writer
Male

Re: Small, Stealth grow. [Re: Roger Fudd]
    #9978976 - 03/15/09 10:20 PM (15 years, 16 days ago)

Quote:

Roger Fudd said:
Well, this isn't that small, but it is a very good stealth grow.
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/5292458#5292458

I talkin simple, real simple. I was thinking of making a 2L terrarium, or does anyone have a more reliable idea of relatively similar size?

--------------------

OfflineRedDevil420
Antichrist

#9978981 - 03/15/09 10:21 PM (15 years, 16 days ago)

spawn a single cake to bulk, or case it for an easier stealth grow.

--------------------
I'm Just Making This All Up.
Grains In Glass Jars With Professional Filters FTW.
Coir Monotubs FTW.
Sterile Technique FTW.
Fan dry, Desiccant storage FTW.
Ralphster's Spores FTW.

Mushroom Cloud - Dirtball

OfflineSpongiform
Some Cow
Male User Gallery

Loc: Greener Pastures
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Small, Stealth grow. [Re: Roger Fudd] * 1
    #9978988 - 03/15/09 10:22 PM (15 years, 16 days ago)

I concur, stealth tub is where it's at :-D

I built a super small grow tub just for shits and giggles, you could do something similar.

I got a single serving bowl of cereal from the store for $1.

Then took a 1 pint plastic chinese soup bowl, cut two air holes in put and stuffed them with a tiny bit of polyfill.

I put some colonized material in there and put a thin casing layer over it. 

Just mist/air out every so often and there you go.

Just re-use crap lying around the kitchen.

Does your family drink coffee?

You could grab some coffee grinds right after they made coffee and mix it with a cake inside a small container, once it's colonized fruit it.  Get more yield that way without it costing anything extra.

Make sure the grinds are cool first, but use them fresh.

--------------------
Spongiform's Plastic Tek - An Alternative to Glass
Spongi's PF Block Tek & Automated Shotgun Project.

InvisibleRoger Fudd
 User Gallery

Loc: Earth, Inner Solar System
    #9979003 - 03/15/09 10:24 PM (15 years, 16 days ago)

Just stick the cake into a Tupperware container with some perlite at the bottom. I've had some luck with just putting the cake on a dish with perlite and putting a plastic bag loosely over it. A 2L terrarium might work, but there wouldn't be much room for it to grow I think.

OfflineZOIDBERG
Stoned Writer
Male

Re: Small, Stealth grow. [Re: Spongiform]
    #9979020 - 03/15/09 10:26 PM (15 years, 16 days ago)

Thanks Spongiform, I guess I could just improvise. I honestly thought it would be alot harder then that, I guess growing mushrooms is as complex as I previously thought :mushroom2:

--------------------

OfflineSpongiform
Some Cow
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #9979026 - 03/15/09 10:27 PM (15 years, 16 days ago)

Well it can be, but fruiting 1 cake in a smaller container isn't rocket science.

--------------------

InvisibleGreen_T
 User Gallery

Loc: UK Flag
    #9979036 - 03/15/09 10:29 PM (15 years, 16 days ago)

You could make a small shotgun. Or follow this if you want to case : http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/8559125#8559125

--------------------

"I have sworn upon the altar of god eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man" - Thomas Jefferson

Legalize Meth | Drug War Victims

OfflineZOIDBERG
Stoned Writer
Male

#9979044 - 03/15/09 10:30 PM (15 years, 16 days ago)

Quote:

Spongiform said:
Well it can be, but fruiting 1 cake in a smaller container isn't rocket science.

Yeah I could see how this could get more complicated the bigger scale it is, I just want to keep it small scale and easy, as this is for personal first-time use. Im looking for just the simplest, not so much biggest yielding growing method.

--------------------

OfflineRedDevil420
Antichrist

#9979109 - 03/15/09 10:47 PM (15 years, 16 days ago)

it takes less space to fruit a casing/bulk compared to a cake.  Remember that.

also, they don't need light besides when you check maybe once/twice a day.

A dub tub setup is ideal, but for smaller places a very small monotub could be made.  A 2L monotub would be perfect, 4 inches of substrate easily with a 1 inch casing.  Just cut off the bottom part with extra space if you are casing, and spawn/crumble into it, syran wrap it and let it recover a bit.  Then case, and fruit it by taping the top back on.

--------------------
Coir Monotubs FTW.
Sterile Technique FTW.
Ralphster's Spores FTW.

Offlinefltdriver82
Naked and offensive
Male User Gallery

Loc: On a trip
    #9979119 - 03/15/09 10:48 PM (15 years, 16 days ago)

Large cottage cheese container. Can hold 3-4" perlite with enough headroom for mushies to grow a little. I think they are quart size. 2-litter bottle could also work. I gave a few cakes away in 64oz soda cup (gas station-biggest one) plenty of head room, enough space all around. One of them I used two kabob stick things in an X pattern through glass to hold the cake 4" above perlite, cake's flat sides facing sides of glass, to allow for maximum surface area for fruiting.

Offlineillusionn
The Quiet One
Male

Loc: The City of the Sewer
    #9979127 - 03/15/09 10:49 PM (15 years, 16 days ago)

i used something similiar looking to this, except one of these:

mine was one of the smaller ones though. no perlite. i could pull a couple grams total off of one cake. not the best thing in the world, but something that can be hidden and got me trippin for the first time.

OfflineMik
Desert Fox

Re: Small, Stealth grow. [Re: illusionn]
    #9979851 - 03/16/09 01:19 AM (15 years, 16 days ago)

How old are you? Still living in mom's basement? Have you been eating paint chips? Do not grow. What is wrong with you? Never grow somewhere where who ever lives with you doesnt agree with what you are doing. It is simply stupid. Wait till you move out of your parents house and are under more desirable conditions. If you get in trouble with it, so will your parents. Wouldn't it be nice not having to hide everything in a bucket in the closet that is kinda hard to get too? You'd be able to spread out and have room to work. Do not grow in mom's basement.

Offlineoddiseus
The PsychofunkFirefly

Loc: Doldrums & Faultlines
Re: Small, Stealth grow. [Re: Mik]
    #9979949 - 03/16/09 01:50 AM (15 years, 16 days ago)

Quote:

Mik said:
How old are you? Still living in mom's basement? Have you been eating paint chips? Do not grow. What is wrong with you? Never grow somewhere where who ever lives with you doesnt agree with what you are doing. It is simply stupid. Wait till you move out of your parents house and are under more desirable conditions. If you get in trouble with it, so will your parents. Wouldn't it be nice not having to hide everything in a bucket in the closet that is kinda hard to get too? You'd be able to spread out and have room to work. Do not grow in mom's basement.

I dont agree, I think there is a particular thrill inherent in hiding a grow and making it happen. as long as he keeps his mouth shut and his mom isnt a white glove mother he should be fine. I say shoot, but if shit hits the fan you should be willing to take 110% responsibility.

--------------------
Though you can't go back and make a new beginning. You can start today to make a new end.

Traveller, there is no path, paths are made by walking

If Jesus was jewish...Why does he have a mexican name??

OfflineSpongiform
Some Cow
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Small, Stealth grow. [Re: oddiseus]
    #9979974 - 03/16/09 01:58 AM (15 years, 16 days ago)

My mom probably would have kicked me out if I had grown in her place.
Of course, now that I live on my own she brings me buckets of horse poo off her farm and knows full well what I'm gonna do with it :-D

--------------------

Offlinebloomersooner
Stranger
 User Gallery

#9980001 - 03/16/09 02:05 AM (15 years, 16 days ago)

it's only 1 cake, it wont take very long(relatively) and he'll be satisfied for a while. I'm sure he smokes bud and/or eats shrooms at the property. So 1 solitary pint cake wont be much of a stretch, and he wont have to deal with douchebag dealers. Probably be doing him and his parents a favor, less risk growing 1 cake than to periodically meet a dealer and drive back and forward, risk being followed or caught.

Offlineoddiseus
The PsychofunkFirefly

#9980021 - 03/16/09 02:12 AM (15 years, 16 days ago)

Quote:

Spongiform said:
My mom probably would have kicked me out if I had grown in her place.
Of course, now that I live on my own she brings me buckets of horse poo off her farm and knows full well what I'm gonna do with it :-D

lol My mom is the same way, she would probably eat them too if we went to rocky point or the local lake for camping.
Your mom rocks!

--------------------
Though you can't go back and make a new beginning. You can start today to make a new end.

OfflineMik
Desert Fox

#9980022 - 03/16/09 02:12 AM (15 years, 16 days ago)

It took my parents twenty two years of blood, sweat, and tears to get me to where I am. The idea of cultivating narcotics in their house, risking the house you were raised in, just because its thrilling seems ludicrous. Its just my personal view. Holding a hilarious conversation with a tree for a few hours is great and all, but not worth risk of piling fines and possible jail time on the birth givers.

Its my opinion. Didnt mean to send the thread in this direction. I'd advise not growing at all. If you just had to get your feet wet, grow oysters.

Offlineoddiseus
The PsychofunkFirefly

#9980034 - 03/16/09 02:15 AM (15 years, 15 days ago)

Quote:

Mik said:
It took my parents twenty two years of blood, sweat, and tears to get me to where I am. The idea of cultivating narcotics in their house, risking the house you were raised in, just because its thrilling seems ludicrous. Its just my personal view. Holding a hilarious conversation with a tree for a few hours is great and all, but not worth risk of piling fines and possible jail time on the birth givers.

Its my opinion. Didnt mean to send the thread in this direction. I'd advise not growing at all. If you just had to get your feet wet, grow oysters.

If the kid is willing to assume all risk then the parents wont. Especially if he is hiding it. What can you possibly do if you were a parent, go through all your kids shit? Sorry you were such a problem child. This seems a less risky approach, like bloomersooner said.

--------------------

InvisibleShroominit
Part Time Mycologist

Folding@home Statistics
    #9980044 - 03/16/09 02:18 AM (15 years, 15 days ago)

Quote:

oddiseus said:
If the kid is willing to assume all risk then the parents wont. Especially if he is hiding it. What can you possibly do if you were a parent, go through all your kids shit? Sorry you were such a problem child. This seems a less risky approach, like bloomersooner said.

Sorry to say, but in this legal system, if he's not 18, his parents are held accountable. That means the house, the car(s), the savings, all in jeopardy. Even custody over the minor in question.

Point is, be safe and don't do illegal or stupid things.

Offlineoddiseus
The PsychofunkFirefly

Re: Small, Stealth grow. [Re: Shroominit]
    #9980088 - 03/16/09 02:36 AM (15 years, 15 days ago)

Hmm, I figured if he accepted all responsibility the legal system would try him as the evidence suggests.

--------------------

InvisibleShroominit
Part Time Mycologist

Folding@home Statistics
    #9980091 - 03/16/09 02:38 AM (15 years, 15 days ago)

Unfortunately, even if he WANTS to accept responsibility, if he's under 18 and it's in the parent's house, it is their deal.

Stupid, I know, but that's how our legal system 'protects our children'...

OfflineMik
Desert Fox

Re: Small, Stealth grow. [Re: Shroominit]
    #9980122 - 03/16/09 02:53 AM (15 years, 15 days ago)

Yes. That was more of what I was shooting for. Also, there was another thing that I was assuming, and I could very well be wrong about this. If you are driving your car and your friend is in the passenger seat, get pulled over, and the cop finds a bag of weed in your friends pocket, you can still get in just as much trouble as he does even if you didn't know that he had said weed. If you are 18  and growing in someones house, they could still have quite abit of legal issues even if they had no idea about the grow. I could be flat out wrong with applying the car thing to a house. Im just abit paranoid anyway and much prefer to play it safe versus getting my parents in trouble.

Offlinedead
grateful
Male User Gallery

Loc: North pole
    #9980392 - 03/16/09 06:01 AM (15 years, 15 days ago)

Don't grow in your parents' house, period.

--------------------
"The third eye. You spend years doing everything you can to open it and then the damn thing opens and your friends laugh at you when you tell them you can see their souls behind their eyes burning like rainbows."

Links:
:regularshroom:Nibin's Guide for Noobs
:regularshroom:some easy teks on bulk & grain prep. (my journal)

OfflineHCLivess
death by dialogue
 User Gallery

Loc: the Czech Republic
Re: Small, Stealth grow. [Re: dead]
    #9980437 - 03/16/09 06:22 AM (15 years, 15 days ago)

The best way is to buy them a book about magic mushrooms or psychedelics to make them understand. If your parents are not vicious readers, it would sure please them if you recorded the whole book on a CD reading it. I recomment Grof, some of Leary, definitely Hofmann&Schultes, maybe Huxley. It will be a nice present a bout discovering self horizons and about one of the best approaches to cure alcoholism and similar addictions. You can surely add some info about the current research of ibogaine. The only reason for fear I have ever encountered is ignorance.

--------------------

Karel Capek's The Absolute at Large is the major psychedelic milestone literature. READ IT NOW!

Offlinepsychotropic89
Ripplehead
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Parallel Universe
    #9980605 - 03/16/09 07:59 AM (15 years, 15 days ago)

Red plastic beer pong cups
works like a charm

--------------------
I'm the one that has to die when it's time for me to die, so let me live my life, the way I want to.
Jimi Hendrix

OfflineRedDevil420
Antichrist

Re: Small, Stealth grow. [Re: psychotropic89]
    #9980637 - 03/16/09 08:14 AM (15 years, 15 days ago)

One thing about stealth grows, I warn you NEVER put the jars or bulk or whatever into a sealed container.  Don't wrap them up tightly either.  They won't even start colonizing.

EDIT: though you can throw a blanket or towel loosely over it, but you do not want to restrict all air flow.

--------------------
Coir Monotubs FTW.
Sterile Technique FTW.
Ralphster's Spores FTW.

Edited by RedDevil420 (03/16/09 09:19 AM)

OfflineZOIDBERG
Stoned Writer
Male

#9980928 - 03/16/09 09:47 AM (15 years, 15 days ago)

Quote:

Mik said:

Thanks for all the help and concerns dudes, but Im still not 100% on growing these shrooms yet. I still need to get my hands on some spores, and I still need to rethink and finalize my plan.:grin:

Keep blazing :bigblunt:

--------------------

Offlinebackintheriver
Male User Gallery

#9980950 - 03/16/09 09:57 AM (15 years, 15 days ago)

i would go with the tub bro for sure. i did csakes at firsgt and i wish i didnt.

OfflineSethTheGreat
Pot Snob
 User Gallery

Loc: my computer...duhhh
    #9981014 - 03/16/09 10:24 AM (15 years, 15 days ago)

I mean I know its possible...but the chances of his setup getting discovered by authorites are slim to none.
but i definitly see the opposing side, it would suck to get your parents stuck with that charge if it did happen
your call
And BTW
i use a rubbermaid container found at walmart...get creative anything will work, a terrarium requires three things(correct me if false)
1)holds hummidity(at least like 90%)
2)allow fresh air exchange
3)allow light to enter

you can rig alotta things to do this.

--------------------
HazeTiger SharkKushBuddah

OfflineCascadian
Feel like a Stranger
Male User Gallery

Loc: Cascadia
Re: Small, Stealth grow. [Re: SethTheGreat]
    #9981091 - 03/16/09 10:47 AM (15 years, 15 days ago)

Quote:

I mean I know its possible...but the chances of his setup getting discovered by authorites are slim to none.

it isn't a toss of the dice - its a very real possibility.  I've read quite a few posts on here made by minors saying things along the lines of "so I told all of my friends at school and one of them told my highschool security officer and they searched my house and now I'm going to jail"

I'm sure you THINK you are some kind of 'smarter, enlightened sixteen yearold'.  I'm sure all the kids that got caught thought they were too.

Not to mention - if you aren't 18 you aren't even allowed to visit this site.  I'm boggled that the other posters here are even considering giving advice to a minor?

Dont put your parents at risk - youre not that far away from starting your own life.    Read the shroomery/ read stamets' books/grow some oysters or shiitakes until you move out.

Then get caught growing giggles when you're the only person going to jail for it.

Offlinedead
grateful
Male User Gallery

Loc: North pole
Re: Small, Stealth grow. [Re: backintheriver]
    #9981165 - 03/16/09 11:01 AM (15 years, 15 days ago)

Why are you people giving any advice to this guy, who wants to grow in his parents' house in secret? You're not doing any favors to him.

--------------------
"The third eye. You spend years doing everything you can to open it and then the damn thing opens and your friends laugh at you when you tell them you can see their souls behind their eyes burning like rainbows."

Links:
:regularshroom:Nibin's Guide for Noobs
:regularshroom:some easy teks on bulk & grain prep. (my journal)

OfflineICdeadPeople
Fungi Fun Guy

Loc: sometimes MARS...
    #9981209 - 03/16/09 11:14 AM (15 years, 15 days ago)

under 18... :rules:  :banbanban:

--------------------
I'm ready to go on a GREAT adventure... Sitting here on the couch, eating my favorite snack :mushroom2:

OfflineSethTheGreat
Pot Snob
 User Gallery

Loc: my computer...duhhh
    #9981229 - 03/16/09 11:18 AM (15 years, 15 days ago)

Quote:

you aren't 18 you aren't even allowed to visit this site

aww man...forgot, yeah dude you gotta do some growin(not shroom wise either), Im not too much older than you, but i remeber when I was 16, you do alot of maturing/changing over the next couple of years, definitly wait it out, you have your whole life to experience drugs

--------------------
HazeTiger SharkKushBuddah

InvisibleGreen_T
 User Gallery

Loc: UK Flag
Re: Small, Stealth grow. [Re: SethTheGreat]
    #9981698 - 03/16/09 01:10 PM (15 years, 15 days ago)

Is he even 16? he could still be 18 and living at home.

If you are underage/living at home, i strongly suggest you don't grow. If you decide to anyway, that is your decision but think about the consequences if you get caught.

Also, don't tell ANYBODY. not even your friends. Dont sell or give them away either.

--------------------

"I have sworn upon the altar of god eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man" - Thomas Jefferson

Legalize Meth | Drug War Victims

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   North Spore Boomr Bag   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract