Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinefelixhigh
Scientist
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ly
Re: Hunting down Jimson weed [Re: djtrickdog]
    #9984955 - 03/16/09 08:46 PM (15 years, 6 days ago)

Datura is a dangerous plant man, you should avoid it at all costs. It has an unpredictable quantity of alkaloids that can kill easily, or at best make you insane for a few days (some are said to stay insane for the rest of their lives).

The same is worth for brugmansias or any other tropane containing plant.

FH

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleBrainiac
Rogue Scientist
Male

Loc: 與您的女朋 Flag
Re: Hunting down Jimson weed [Re: felixhigh]
    #9985140 - 03/16/09 09:07 PM (15 years, 6 days ago)

Plants can kill just a fast, as man made stuff can..

--------------------
:Awesketch:

:cool: Fair is Fair :devil:

Offlinefelixhigh
Scientist
Male User Gallery

Re: Hunting down Jimson weed [Re: Brainiac]
    #9985241 - 03/16/09 09:19 PM (15 years, 6 days ago)

What an artistic concept. I imagined a tree of guns, pointing outwards, roundly.
My mind is fertile tonight.

FH

Edited by felixhigh (03/16/09 09:20 PM)

InvisibleBrainiac
Rogue Scientist
Male

Loc: 與您的女朋 Flag
    #9985259 - 03/16/09 09:21 PM (15 years, 6 days ago)

Sorry, as in drugs...  As most people thank plants are safe..

--------------------
:Awesketch:

:cool: Fair is Fair :devil:

Offlinefelixhigh
Scientist
Male User Gallery

Re: Hunting down Jimson weed [Re: Brainiac]
    #9985325 - 03/16/09 09:29 PM (15 years, 6 days ago)

Right on, ignorance kills mang. :crazy2:

FH

OfflineGoody
Sailor of mind & time
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Tryptamine.
    #9985603 - 03/16/09 10:05 PM (15 years, 6 days ago)

Quote:

felixhigh said:
What an artistic concept. I imagined a tree of guns, pointing outwards, roundly.
My mind is fertile tonight.

FH

:bow2:

--------------------
DMT: Load Universe Into Cannon. Aim At Brain. Fire.

Offlinefelixhigh
Scientist
Male User Gallery

Re: Hunting down Jimson weed [Re: Goody]
    #9986249 - 03/16/09 11:41 PM (15 years, 6 days ago)

Haha, thanks!

FH

Offlinemr_minds_eye
Disposable Wage Whore
Male User Gallery

Loc: Samsara
    #9986860 - 03/17/09 03:10 AM (15 years, 6 days ago)

Not that you can make experimentation with tropanes safe, but if you do have a pool of fairly homogeneous material, you can start small and work your way up. With that being said, different plants in this category have very different natures to them. I don't think that a full blown Datura trip is very enticing. However, its not as if you go from nothing to not having a fucking clue what's going on. The farthest I ever cared to take it was a point where I could draw up very detailed images of whatever I wanted with my eyes closed. It was so extreme that having awoken, I thought that I was in a different room than I was. This was because even though my eyes were closed, I could vividly see this other room. When I touched the ground looking for the tv remote, I was shocked enough by the actual texture of the floor to open my eyes. When I realized what was going on, I just had fun with it. I understand why various ancient people used these plants for out of body travel. I combined Datura at a fairly low dose with morning glories for some of the most mind blowing visuals I've ever had. With that being said, tropanes are not mind expanding. In fact Datura makes you feel dumb. These plants are not euphoric. They have very limited appeal for sure. They are not however without merit. With that being said I don't really recommend it. If you are however hell bent on experimenting with this class of plants then Mandragora officinalis, the European mandrake, is probably a better bet then Datura. The reason is that while the toxicity is a concern for sure. Another potential issue is doing things which put you in harms way due to a loss of grounding in reality. For starters people a lot of time don't even know when this stuff takes a hold. This also contributes to people redosing and thereby overdosing. At any rate I remember reading a report where a German kid mutilated his genitalia while under the influence of Datura. With mandrake, you are dealing with such a strong sedative that you are down for the fucking count. Plus being that mandrake is such a strong emetic (something that makes you puke your guts out) that you make a salve or ointment which is applied externally. This means that you are making a standardized extract. This makes accurate dosaging a bit easier. At low doses mandrake is supposedly aphrodisiac. At moderate doses is an amazing sedative. Then higher doses induce dream states. Beyond that madness and eventually death. At any rate you probably won't cut off your johnson because your ass is down for the count. I feel like the is some solace in that. At any rate if you are seriously considering this line of action you need to read EVERYTHING concerning these plants and the chemicals in them. The people who use these plants are trained in their use by other trained individuals and the standing traditions surrounding them put these individuals at an advantage due to this herbal education. What you have to understand above all else is that if you choose to take this on you could end up in a hospital easier than you imagine either as a stiff or under observation because your crazy ass got dragged in for who knows what shot out debauchery. So remember if you fuck up you might die.

--------------------
Our quest for discovery fuels our creativity in all fields, not just science. If we reached the end of the line, the human spirit would shrivel and die. But I don't think we will ever stand still: we shall increase in complexity, if not in depth, and shall always be the center on an expanding horizon of possibilities.
-Stephen Hawking

Invisibleweiliiiiiii
Stranger
Folding@home Statistics
Re: Hunting down Jimson weed [Re: Burbles]
    #9987319 - 03/17/09 08:27 AM (15 years, 5 days ago)

D. inoxia grows all over my state in pastures, maybe check sum pasture lands:shrug:

OfflineThe Centre
I am
Male User Gallery

#9987931 - 03/17/09 11:11 AM (15 years, 5 days ago)

Look for a barren area where you would expect to see only weeds grow. I have a TON of them growing in my area, plus, there is a brugmansia growing at a church (how ironic...), just look for barren area's, or go to the nursery and just as you are "looking" at it just shake some seeds into your hand and grow them yourselves. I saw it next to a forest people dumped stuff at, I think datura is a spirit that helps the plants, and burns the souls of anybody who destroys the wild (aka 99% of human beings.). If you do plan on ingesting, I suggest growing it yourself, and treat it with the UTMOST respect while growing, and ingesting. This plant, when treated right and with a lot of good karma, can give you THE most enlightening experience ever, but, like every other entheogen, the higher the high when you treat it right, the lower the low when you treat it wrong. I would stay away from this unless you are one of the most karmically clean people on this planet.

Invisibledurian_2008
Cornucopian Eating an Elephant
 User Gallery

Loc: Raccoon City
    #9988125 - 03/17/09 11:54 AM (15 years, 5 days ago)

Quote:

Burbles said:
smoking destroys the actives I believe. Oral is the most effective...

In the desert, some plants barely cling to life. The leaves will be like worn rags, with brown fiber showing through. These had no effects on me, when they were smoked.

Some survivalists claim that the newest growth on desert plants is always edible. In the case of Daturas, I would say that this growth is comparatively mild when eaten. Ineffective when smoked.

Smoking does not destroy the actives. Don't get too brave.

If you eat Datura, the effect is much stronger.

In "The Magical and Ritual Use of Herbs," Richard Alan Miller claims this is because a more potent hydrochloride of the active principles is formed in your stomach acid.

I happen to believe that your body loses most of the smoke when you exhale, but the plant material sits in your gastrointestinal tract for a much longer time.

It can only be fun in trace doses. From personal experience, I can guarantee that local Indians used it very, very incrementally so that their feet would feel light on hunts or during dances.

In moderate doses, it is certainly a poison. Think of the mescal bean. Some shamen even take preparations from the strychnine plant. Like I said - a physical trial. The only reason to entrance yourself so deeply is to die with no particular guarantee of return. I am not trying to be fanciful or "dark."

Invisibledurian_2008
 User Gallery

Re: Hunting down Jimson weed [Re: durian_2008]
    #9988172 - 03/17/09 12:04 PM (15 years, 5 days ago)

To answer the question on where it is found, I agree with the people who said to look for stirred up places.

For a time, Datura was associated with whites, because it liked the richer soil of their garbage heaps.

In my area, the plants were all over -- between a former dump and cemetery, on the collapsing walls of a wash. When there were warm fogs, the smell was indescribable.

OfflineAlan RockefellerM
Mycologist
Male User Gallery

#9988367 - 03/17/09 12:45 PM (15 years, 5 days ago)

I have seen it growing along highway 101 on the hillsides north of SF.  Some times of the year it has big, noticeable white flowers while other times its just a green bush with big leaves. 

Smoking it is definitely the way to do it, that way you have some idea how much you are taking.

I know one guy that puts a couple Datura seeds on the top of his bowls of weed, it adds just a small extra effect, nothing crazy at all.  I'd still recommend extreme caution though, start small and do not operate a car for a long time afterwards. 

A much more common urban source is brugmansia, every fifth house has one of those in their front yard.  Some businesses have trees of it that look really cool. 

Invisibledurian_2008
 User Gallery

Re: Hunting down Jimson weed [Re: Alan Rockefeller]
    #9988453 - 03/17/09 12:59 PM (15 years, 5 days ago)

In my experience, the Brug is much smoother, if this makes sense.

Datura can be jarring and has a worse bodyload, IMHO.

Offlinedjtrickdog
Stranger
 User Gallery

#9989961 - 03/17/09 04:39 PM (15 years, 5 days ago)

Brug? What is that?
And I hear the problem with seeds are that the activity very greatly. What is the safest part of the plant that has little or no variety.

Offlinemr_minds_eye
Disposable Wage Whore
Male User Gallery

Loc: Samsara
    #9990537 - 03/17/09 06:14 PM (15 years, 5 days ago)

Not to be rude but if you don't recognize that as an abbreviation of a similar plant then you need to do a lot more research on this. I don't know if policy has changed, but you aren't supposed to give dosages on these plants because they can vary so much and people are different. If you decide to walk this line you need to make yourself fully aware of the fine line you are walking. Read up! As for standardizing your dosages, you could make a salve, a large batch of tea, or a tincture. Just remember that if its something that can evaporate, this can get you in trouble. I learned that with 2C-T-4. I had a known amount of material dissolved in grain alcohol. I was measuring the liquid because I didn't have a good enough scale. Towards the end enough alcohol evaporated to seriously concentrate the solution. This wasn't life threatening in my case but it could be with something like Datura.

--------------------
Our quest for discovery fuels our creativity in all fields, not just science. If we reached the end of the line, the human spirit would shrivel and die. But I don't think we will ever stand still: we shall increase in complexity, if not in depth, and shall always be the center on an expanding horizon of possibilities.
-Stephen Hawking

Offlineethnoguy
"Raper of Mother Nature"
Male User Gallery

Loc: your momma's house
    #9990791 - 03/17/09 06:47 PM (15 years, 5 days ago)

Quote:

djtrickdog said:
Brug? What is that?
And I hear the problem with seeds are that the activity very greatly. What is the safest part of the plant that has little or no variety.

Brugmansia. Welcome to the ethno garden btw. A lot of great info passes through here.

EG

Offlinengnyus
the madherbalist
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #9991698 - 03/17/09 09:04 PM (15 years, 5 days ago)

Very, very, bad stuff!!!  But go to Modesto or stockton in midsummer and look out your window as you drive down the highway, it's everywhere.

--------------------

You reap what you sow

Offlinetripp23
Kratom Freak
 User Gallery

Loc: Florida, US
Re: Hunting down Jimson weed [Re: ngnyus]
    #9993103 - 03/18/09 02:50 AM (15 years, 5 days ago)

how do you get this plant to sprout. i cant get this one eighter!! they like dry soil i take it.. i wish i knew what triggers their happiness..

--------------------
Experience my nightmarish first time of smoking Ganja!

OfflineBurblesV
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Hunting down Jimson weed [Re: tripp23]
    #9996801 - 03/18/09 06:18 PM (15 years, 4 days ago)

Add it to dirt and then add water to the dirt..
it is very easy to get growing.
Here is a bit on how to grow them for anyone interested.. http://www.thevespiary.org/talk/index.php/topic,11.0.html

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates