Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinefltdriver82
Naked and offensive
Male User Gallery

Loc: On a trip
Drinking after tripping
    #9957247 - 03/12/09 09:15 AM (15 years, 19 days ago)

Earlier this week I tripped on Sunday night, then again Monday night. Wednesday night I went to the bar with my GF, I had 7-8 beers in 2 hours along with a couple of shots. My concern is that I didn't feel like I even had a buzz and no one (sober) thought I had been drinking (at a friends house).

A little background:

I have been drinking for 15+ years and rarely get hangovers and I am usually up 4-6 hours after passing out feeling completely refreshed and full of energy-the more I drank the better I feel. Don't get me wrong, there have been times were I woke up feeling like my head was under the tire of a parked car, but for the most part no ill effects as a result of drinking.

I am 5,8" and 145-150 so it usually doesn't take six pack to get me feeling good and have only drank more than a dozen beers in a single night a handful of times. I handle liquor pretty well, my GF and I can down a fifth (usually captain & coke) and be pleasantly drunk but not "tanked".

Does this (not getting a buzz from drinking after tripping) happen to any one else? This is the first time it has happen to me.

Does anyone have the opposite affect?

Anybody else that usually doesn't get hangovers regardless of the amount they drink, your comments/experiences will be more appreciated but everyone is welcome to throw there 2cents in.

--------------------
The Fourth Amendment gives every American the right to refuse any search without a warrant.

Say hello to my friend, his name is George.
Every other ? you have is answered here

:mushroom2:In soviet russia, mushroom trips on you

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflinePOWAtrippinDiscord
Decidedly Undecided.
Male User Gallery

Loc: zone 9b
Re: Drinking after tripping [Re: fltdriver82]
    #9957351 - 03/12/09 09:45 AM (15 years, 19 days ago)

I only get hang overs when I kill like the better part of a handle in a night or something stupid.

I haven't ever had this problem.  Usually after tripping drinking is kind of dull but I still can get hammered if I have too.

--------------------
Don't believe everything you think.  TRADE LIST

‹Sell Your Soul› You know this place is owned and operated by the Illuminati, right?
‹lsdwithme› i possibly just smoked a rat turd :facepalm:

Offlineemsee
Boom Shankar
Male User Gallery

Loc: Tel-Aviv, Israel.
Re: Drinking after tripping [Re: POWAtrippin]
    #9957372 - 03/12/09 09:50 AM (15 years, 19 days ago)

Yeh I had this befor, dont worry next time you will drink youll get drunk :laugh:

Offlinebadphish
pcpirate
Male User Gallery

Loc: SL,UT
    #9957455 - 03/12/09 10:09 AM (15 years, 19 days ago)

I know exactly what your talking about. After I've started tripping I've never really been able to get "stupid" drunk anymore... like I can drink till I pass out or drink till can barely walk but I still won't be saying crazy things or acting stupid besides the slurred speech and tipsy walking.

--------------------
The oval office and the lobby probably listen to Fugazi,
singin' "this one's ours lets take another",
and then they dance away clean like Savion Glover.

Offlinesandman_130
Neo-Classical Spiritualist
Male User Gallery

Loc: Canada
Re: Drinking after tripping [Re: badphish]
    #9957641 - 03/12/09 10:57 AM (15 years, 19 days ago)

If you never get hang overs your just not drinking fast enough.:cheers:

--------------------
:mushroom2::mushroom2::mushroom2:"There is a world beyond ours, a world that is far away, nearby, and invisible. And there is where God lives, where the dead live, the spirits and the saints, a world where everything has already happened and everything is known. That world talks. It has a language of its own. I report what it says. The sacred mushroom takes me by the hand and brings me to the world where everything is known. It is they, the sacred mushrooms, that speak in a way I can understand.":mushroom2::mushroom2::mushroom2:

:sunny::mushroom2:Maria Sabina:mushroom2::sunny:

Offlinefltdriver82
Naked and offensive
Male User Gallery

Loc: On a trip
Re: Drinking after tripping [Re: sandman_130]
    #9960551 - 03/12/09 07:19 PM (15 years, 19 days ago)

Not true, i do beer bongs of captain & coke and still wake up cheery. I think it has something to do with the water- I always get real thirsty when we stop drinking for the night and down a couple glasses of water. I don't know if that is what helps though. Malt liquor and wine seem to give me the majority of the hang overs that I've dealt with.

OfflineFecal Jesus
Stranger
 User Gallery
    #9960567 - 03/12/09 07:21 PM (15 years, 19 days ago)

a few shots of liquor is straight after tripping balls for eight hours. it helps to ground and relax you.

Offlinenightbringer
shaman in training
Male User Gallery

Re: Drinking after tripping [Re: Fecal Jesus]
    #9961515 - 03/12/09 09:54 PM (15 years, 19 days ago)

having some beers on psychedelics usually sits well for me... gets a nice warm fuzzy feeling going on in my stomach. But what is weird is that I will feel the effects of the alcohol up to a certain point (only slightly buzzed) and then I will stay at that level no matter how much more I drink.

--------------------
OM MANI PADME HUM

Buddha of great compassion, hold me fast in your compassion. From time without beginning, beings have wandered in Samsara, undergoing unendurable suffering. They have no other protector than you. Please bless them that they may achieve the omniscient state of buddhahood.

With the power of evil karma gathered from beginningless time, sentient beings, through the force of anger, are born as hell beings and experience the suffering of heat and cold. May they all be born in your presence.

InvisibleNifflerz
Male User Gallery

Loc: Texas
Re: Drinking after tripping [Re: nightbringer]
    #9961547 - 03/12/09 09:58 PM (15 years, 19 days ago)

I just did the opposite tonight. Got borderline drunk tonight at the bar and then dosed an eighth 45 minutes ago.

The only thing I got left over from the beer is the after taste. Other than that I'm already frying.

--------------------

OfflineThe Centre
I am
Male User Gallery

Re: Drinking after tripping [Re: Nifflerz]
    #9962504 - 03/13/09 12:42 AM (15 years, 19 days ago)

Why, in the name of all that is good and holy, would you want to drink ALCOHOL after tripping?!?!

Alcohol sucks, just smoke weed man. (With the exception of new years eve, then I try anything, it is the one day of the year I'll do anything. (Except meth or coke or heroin or shit like that.))

Offlineemsee
Boom Shankar
Male User Gallery

Loc: Tel-Aviv, Israel.
    #9962562 - 03/13/09 12:55 AM (15 years, 19 days ago)

Quote:

fltdriver82 said:
Not true, i do beer bongs of captain & coke and still wake up cheery. I think it has something to do with the water- I always get real thirsty when we stop drinking for the night and down a couple glasses of water. I don't know if that is what helps though. Malt liquor and wine seem to give me the majority of the hang overs that I've dealt with.

Water does help but also it depends on your metabolism. Sounds like you have a good one so don't screw it up by abusing too much alcohol.

InvisibleNifflerz
Male User Gallery

Re: Drinking after tripping [Re: emsee]
    #9965040 - 03/13/09 01:55 PM (15 years, 18 days ago)

Tell you what, I will never dose after drinking again. The trip was solid in terms of effectiveness, but I didn't enjoy it. The aftertaste of beer stuck with me for hours (felt like I was breathing alcohol), and I got a moderate headache that ruined the back 2/3rds of the trip. Nausea (no puking though)was somewhat strong throughout as well. 

In hindsight it was a waste of a trip, which means shrooms were wasted -- and there's not much more that I hate than wasting precious mushrooms.

--------------------

InvisiblezSDMF
Stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: lost in nothing Flag
Re: Drinking after tripping [Re: The Centre]
    #9965056 - 03/13/09 01:58 PM (15 years, 18 days ago)

Quote:

The Centre said:
Why, in the name of all that is good and holy, would you want to drink ALCOHOL after tripping?!?!

Alcohol sucks, just smoke weed man. (With the exception of new years eve, then I try anything, it is the one day of the year I'll do anything. (Except meth or coke or heroin or shit like that.))

something tells me you have never been dripping wet before have you?  drunk tripping is :grin: tripping

most of my fav mushroom trips of my past include copious amounts of alcohol.  booze and shrooms fit perfect together imo.  perfect blend of smart and dumb.

InvisiblezSDMF
Stranger
 User Gallery

#9965066 - 03/13/09 02:00 PM (15 years, 18 days ago)

Quote:

Niffla said:
Tell you what, I will never dose after drinking again. The trip was solid in terms of effectiveness, but I didn't enjoy it. The aftertaste of beer stuck with me for hours (felt like I was breathing alcohol), and I got a moderate headache that ruined the back 2/3rds of the trip. Nausea (no puking though)was somewhat strong throughout as well. 

In hindsight it was a waste of a trip, which means shrooms were wasted -- and there's not much more that I hate than wasting precious mushrooms.

um you have to keep drinking.  trips last for 8 hours, if you were drunk pre dosing of course you'll be hung over  by the end of it... if you like alcohol and mushrooms maybe you should try it again, always had a ball on this combo.

InvisibleNifflerz
Male User Gallery

Re: Drinking after tripping [Re: zSDMF]
    #9965098 - 03/13/09 02:08 PM (15 years, 18 days ago)

Yeah, I should have kept drinking...for some reason I didn't feel like it anymore, though. I usually ALWAYS drink when I trip, but won't crack open my first bottle until the trip gets underway.

This was my first time dosing post drinking, though.

--------------------

InvisiblezSDMF
Stranger
 User Gallery

#9965169 - 03/13/09 02:19 PM (15 years, 18 days ago)

my favorite way to drunk trip is to get so obliterated before even thinking about the mushies that, hopefully you just eat them and continue being drunk.  all of the sudden you are just like.. holy fuck, i feel so weird.  oh i ate mushrooms!  i did this at a festival last fall w/ the infamous (and super bomb) tan g's up hos down pills.  i only popped one but after 30 minutes i was no longer drunk and confused as fuck as to why.  when i realized i took the pill it was on :crazy2:

InvisibleNifflerz
Male User Gallery

#9965248 - 03/13/09 02:31 PM (15 years, 18 days ago)

LOL, I know what you mean. That's how I felt last night when it hit me. I wasn't exactly plastered...but I was pretty close. I went over to my friends place to pick up the shrooms and I was drunk enough to just scarf down a few grams without really even thinking about it.

After I ate them I completely didn't think about the shrooms at all, which is the total opposite of me when I dose sober. When I dose sober I can't stop thinking about them...like, "am I feeling it yet", or "I wonder how hard I'm going to trip"...crap like that. Plus the usual trip anxiety.

Last night I damn near forgot that I had even ate them -- I spent like 30 minutes obliviously surfing the net and then BAM, I was tripping.

--------------------

InvisiblezSDMF
Stranger
 User Gallery

#9966394 - 03/13/09 06:49 PM (15 years, 18 days ago)

man i went on a "heroic," molly binge.  a binge that could have killed me if i played it wrong i think.  every single time i think i am about to start coming down bam i blow up even harder.  all its making me want to do is hole up in my room and eat so many mushrooms i wish i'd die.  i'm so close to wasting all my energy (been up 3+ days) by walking thru the closest dry cow field.

i know its dead it has been for years but fuck it :rofl2:

jesus if this wasnt so overwhelmingly great i'd want to come down so bad.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies