Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]
Anonymous

Sex and Middle Management
    #995594 - 10/26/02 09:10 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

I work at one of those "Franchise Copy Places", and yes, I am not happy about it.
Today was my 6th day, and Im already sick of the place - My shift is only 5 hours long- cause I couldnt bear any more! -  and I have to deal with a lot of bad stuff, namely CoWorkers losing shit (Job Orders) I took and having 19 yr olds scold me when I do something that isnt "Following Team Leader One's Protocol"  Shut the fuck up is what I want to say  "Ok" is what comes out.

Now, there are a few things that keep me stationary, most noteably the $60 bucks I crank out a day doing this inane task. The fact I have nothing better to do with my day, and I needed a reason to get up in the morning besides Modding my Book Club - Add to that I hate having to sell things I like to buy other things I like more -  :mad:

So, as I hover over my Trinitron monitor - bathed in its eerie radioactive blue glow,  there seems to be of some Good Old Fashion flirting between me and a dude that works in my Dept - I dont know if it is coincidence , but this is the same dude that Interviewed me and then hired me on the spot.

The rub is (pardon the Pun) that he is Middle Management - I think he makes a dollar more than me or something- And hes the resident Tech Nerd - I dont know if you all know, but i  really   dig smart guys - and hes not bad looking, which is a plus - and tall! Oh my hes a big man, 6'3" at least, has nice big hands and wide wrists....-  But I digress,  hes my "Boss" for all intents and purposes. He has power over me at the job anyway. :smirk:

I will not lie you you Guys, I have dated from the Pool of Men at work in the past, but I try to avoid this, for when it goes bad, it is hard to show up to work - and I usually have to convince Them into transferring out - for I do not transfer. - But the job is  so boring, I think the sexual tension is the only thing keeping me awake. I think it is the only thing keeping half the Employees there in the first place - Eveyone there is like 19, save me and the dude, and kinda ghetto, so  they are hooking up with each other left and right - When do I get some?! - I think Toner has ancient chinese secret, with an aphrodiasic quality, involved in its making - I mean, as a New Hire I am the New Meat, and at least 4 guys are intrested, but the one I like seems to be a bit shy- I can tell he is no Romeo, and may not know how to talk to women - but hes a sharp as a whip, and may need a bit of coaxing - Of Course this is all conjecture, he may not like me at all, and thats why hes not asking me for my digits (I learned that slang from TV :grin:)

Each day at High Tea, I flip through the CoWorker handbook, because it is based on a nazi prototype that would make Himmler proud - Rules and Regulations to follow rules and regulations- its madness - They actually have a section entitled "Romantic Relationships between Coworks and Management" - I think thats a blast - I TOLD you guys its the sex that keeps people coming to work - In the Bok it sez "Managemnet must Inform the HR Office of an Sexual or Personal realtions with a CoWorker beneath their Position of Said Manager " yeah. ok.

So, I suppose my dilemma are :
Is it wrong to date your Boss, whos the same age - and has the same interests as you, and is only 5 weeks into his new position?
-Its been so long that Ive been on a date - I dont even know if hes really interested, or just bored too - He seems to be genuinely interested in what i say, (which is strange for a man who isnt interested)  - And seems to always be around with a quick joke, and a bit of innuendo for me , and im a sucker for innuendo  - But its good hes always present, since I need to go to him every 15 mintues or so to ask a question or get some help - That makes it even worse, hes 10x smarter than me at the Job, and I hate to appear in a less than stellar light  - not only am I a snob, im a VAIN snob !

- Guys - if you liked a Girl at work, how would you approach her, if she was giving you all the signals?

- Have we come to the Age when it is OK for a chick to ask a dude out? I dont know if that still a faux pas, as it was when I was in the Dating Scene. I dont just want to screw him, and then have to make him transfer out - Id actually like to get to know him better. THEN screw him.  :laugh: you know how those quiet ones are....

Oh, and how do you find out if a Dude has a G/F - He never talks about her, and she has never been to the Store or called. Should I just say "Your G/F must be Proud" when he does something silly/embarrassing, and see if he admits hes alone?

So many things I cant convey  - Ahhh, its bad when your a year shy of 30 and your asking a group of Strangers for Advice - But you Guys are kinda my Friends, and becuse Real People usually suck.
:crazy:
I wish  I could see an Oracle! - OoD     

Edited by OracleOfDelphi (10/26/02 09:22 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineChemical_Smile
Making Love WithMy Ego
Loc: coming down fast, miles a...
Re: Sex and Middle Management [Re: Anonymous]
    #995682 - 10/26/02 09:41 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

*was going to post something realy intelligent but was too shy*  :wink:

OfflineMurex
Reality Hacker

Loc: Traped in a shell.
Re: Sex and Middle Management [Re: Chemical_Smile]
    #995830 - 10/26/02 11:15 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

I say go for it.

--------------------
What if everything around you
Isn't quite as it seems?
What if all the world you think you know,
Is an elaborate dream?
And if you look at your reflection,
Is it all you want it to be?

InvisibleSixTango
Mycota

Loc: A little North of Paradis...
    #995929 - 10/27/02 12:06 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

If you do not want add "complications" to a tedious job. I would not think dating him would be a good idea.

If you don't care about keeping the job. Go for it.

Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

6T

--------------------
~whiskey river rafting, hot tubbing, dirty dancing & spending money on - wild women - having fun & just gonna waste the rest~

OfflineBaby_Hitler
Errorist
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: To the limit!
    #995989 - 10/27/02 12:39 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

I wouldn't expect him to transfer out.

If you do then don't.

--------------------
"America: Fuck yeah!" -- Alexthegreat

“Nothing can now be believed which is seen in a newspaper. Truth itself becomes suspicious by being put into that polluted vehicle. The real extent of this state of misinformation is known only to those who are in situations to confront facts within their knowledge with the lies of the day.”  -- Thomas Jefferson

The greatest sin of mankind is ignorance.

The press takes [Trump] literally, but not seriously; his supporters take him seriously, but not literally. --Salena Zeto (9/23/16)

OfflineLarrythescaryrex
teardrop on the fire
Male User Gallery

Loc: further down the spiral
    #996058 - 10/27/02 01:16 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

" Shut the fuck up is what I want to say "Ok" is what comes out."

yeah, that suxx.  :frown:

"Guys - if you liked a Girl at work, how would you approach her, if she was giving you all the signals?"

I would say, "wanna party sometime?"

I use the word party because it could mean almost anything from dinner and a movie to a rave.

"Have we come to the Age when it is OK for a chick to ask a dude out"

I for one, like aggressive chicks.

"Oh, and how do you find out if a Dude has a G/F - He never talks about her, and she has never been to the Store or called. Should I just say "Your G/F must be Proud" when he does something silly/embarrassing, and see if he admits hes alone?"

That would work. Or if you ask him to party and he says his girlfriend would object.

"I wish I could see an Oracle"

Well, I have a skrying mirror around here somewhere....
/me hunts for mirror.

--------------------
RIP Acidic_Sloth

Sunset_Mission said:
"larry the scary rex
verily scary when thoroughly vexed
invoke the shadows and dust, cast a hex
mercifully massacring memories masterfully
relocate from Ur to 8th density and become a cosmic bully
mulder and scully couldn't decipher his glyphs
invoke the shadows and dust, smoke infernal spliffs"
April 24th 2011

Offlinepsilorobbie
morning gloryhater :(

#996062 - 10/27/02 01:17 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

I say ask him out theres nothing wrong with a girl asking a guy out i know there have been many girls that i may have missed out on being with because i was to afraid to ask them out and they probably thought it was wrong for the girl to ask the guy out. If he is a quiet one like i am he is probably afraid to ask you out for fear of rejection i know i always am, plus with some of the sexual harrasment stuff that goes on at work places he might be afraid it might comprimise his job if he is the one to ask you out. Then again ive never had a gf and have no real experience about being in relationships with people i work with. I hope everything goes good for you and you end up together and happy, i regret all the chances ive missed to be with someone that might have been my true love, you just gotta reach out there and get what you want. Good luck.

OfflineFreezingPenguin

Loc: Karl Densons Tiny Univers...
    #996130 - 10/27/02 01:02 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

you need to watch the movie office space

Anonymous

#996655 - 10/27/02 11:23 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

[tries to be objective while rustling through papers and shuffling file folders around]

First rule of thumb: You are outnumbered 4 to 1.

Obviously from the way you talk about him he is a paranoid schizophrenic with manic depressive tendencies and a borderline personality disorder. The fact is that he has probably stalked a lot of women in his time and has unusual collections of insects, like Moths, for instance. Aside from his physique and intellect he also has a job which is probably hanging by the thinnest tether.

He is also waiting for you to 'make a move'. That way he can invite you over to his pad and show you his 'etchings'. If you are anything like me, and I know I am, you need to slowly draw him in by making subtle references to sex like, "Wanna fxxx?" If this doesn't work start hounding him about whether he really cares for you. Lunge at him, in a subtle way, of course.

Start interesting conversations with stimulating lines like, "Pardon me, you're standing on my foot." Ask him if he likes the opera or if he is gay. Tell him you're too old to play these games anymore. Stuff like that.

Face it, he wants to use you. Let him and then get over it so you can move on to the next one. That's what I do.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Seriously?

"Guys - if you liked a Girl at work, how would you approach her, if she was giving you all the signals?"

I would ask her if she wanted to go out sometime. I might suggest a movie or the proverbial "get a bite to eat". Younger crowds go with the "wanna party sometime" gambit which is a good start.

"Is it wrong to date your Boss, whos the same age - and has the same interests as you, and is only 5 weeks into his new position?"

Well aside from the fact that there are no moral absolutes (subtle dig) I would say no, there isn't anything wrong with it as long as you name your first child Plato. (always works for me)

"Have we come to the Age when it is OK for a chick to ask a dude out? "

Not at all if all you are interested in is sex. Ask him out, and that's probably all you'll get. Is that enough?

"Oh, and how do you find out if a Dude has a G/F - He never talks about her, and she has never been to the Store or called. Should I just say "Your G/F must be Proud" when he does something silly/embarrassing, and see if he admits hes alone?"

Difficult to say. I wouldn't say, "Your G/F anything" If he is as intelligent as you say he is he will see right through that. If he is interested he WILL know your intentions and may be flattered OR he might take that as prying and it might turn him off. I would let that detail iron itself out.

Know this:

These issues are indeed weighty ones. You know this instinctively or you would not have asked these questions. Above all take it slow. You have plenty of time whether you know that or not. Few women are truly interesting until they hit forty. You are an exception to that rule.

Yours,

Edited by Mr_Mushrooms (10/27/02 11:27 AM)

OfflineEightball
whore consumer
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #996844 - 10/27/02 12:40 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

just be all flirty and shit with him and uh just inquire if he has a gf. if he has one then oh well, nice try. if he says no then he might suspect you are interested in him and possibly make a move. but a chick asking a guy out is cool. =) and ya know...i fit the description of your type of male (except i'm not 30 or whatever) =P

--------------------
If you're frightened of dying and you're holding on.you'll see devils tearing your life away.
But...if you've made your peace, then the devils are really angels
Freeing you from the earth.

InvisibleLordSenate Happy Birthday!
One of the Lost
Male User Gallery

Loc: First Circle of Hell
Re: Sex and Middle Management [Re: Chemical_Smile]
    #996867 - 10/27/02 12:50 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

i would be to shy also, but i couldn't read all that =/

Invisiblesuperpimp
The boss of thefamily

Loc: Philadelphia/NYC
    #997274 - 10/27/02 04:13 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

Ask him if he's ever broken the Xerox machine while making copies of his dick. Then take him into the toner storage closet on your next 5 minute break.

Invisibleshroomerylurker
lurker
    #997820 - 10/27/02 07:47 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

Go after him, I know for a fact that I like a woman that comes after me.  For one that way there is a lot less rejection on my part.  Two she is going to be at least somewhat independent and not want to nest the fuck out of me from the start.  (nesting is good, just not at first.) 

I think most guys like women coming after them...
Take him out and pay for it, dear god, last time a woman did that I ate her out till she screamed and made her breakfast the next day.
:wink:

Edited by shroomerylurker (10/27/02 07:48 PM)

Anonymous

Re: Sex and Middle Management [Re: shroomerylurker]
    #998107 - 10/27/02 08:38 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

Well Fellows, I want to thank you all for your impute- You guys are the best.

Ok, heres the scoop if anyone is still listening.
He came up to me today and hit me with the "What kind of Music do you like" A great ice breaker, and it was Non-Sexual  It was all very clean and innocent I feel like a little school girl  - And it was all downhill from there - (Hes a big Peter gabriel fan - which sinched the deal for me) No G/F - No Kids, and hes trying to get a degree in Computer Science.  I dont know what that is - but it sounds geekish/nerdish, which was a real turn on - we spoke at length about cranial neuro interfaces (?) , he is a social drinker and smokes grass and hash which is a plus, me being an Herbalsit and all - I need a man who can keep up with me - and a lot of other stuff I cant rememebr cause I was trying to get a look at his crotch - errgh , I mean his Eyes :grin: -So, this was really cool - I think i will wait it out a while, to see how things go - Its true I dont transfer out, EVER - and I dont see him doing it either, so maybe Dating could interfere with important Copy Business - :crazy:

By his manners I can tell hes super shy, and i dont anticiapte any moves being made on his part - Im a Trapper of Men by nature, and he seems moderatley interesed in the sweet lure I have already lain down...it may be too easy, and I may pity the poor Beast and let him go - unless the tedium of the Store drives me to extremes - I give it 5 days - See what happens - If he doesnt make his move , I may call it the "One Who Got Away" 

Anonymous

Re: Sex and Middle Management [Re: ]
    #998194 - 10/27/02 08:54 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

ROTFL to your entire post Plato.
Your a Sage and a Cur. I suppose if I find myself in a 50 gallon Drum, i will think of you and this post and laugh before I black out. -OoD

Anonymous

#999646 - 10/28/02 10:16 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

Well, the plot thickens.

It seems as if all is going according to plan.

I must caution you here though. You need to subtly ask about whether he has any collections of insects before you go any further.

If that subject is not broached the future may hold dire consequences.

Good luck,

OfflineBruiser
Fuel Injected Suicide Machine

Loc: Hell
    #999662 - 10/28/02 10:22 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

I've dated a girl from work before. Everything went well between us, but it really fukked up our work situations. Luckily we broke on good terms a long time ago, and she doens't work here anynore. We tried keeping everything between us, but some things have a way of making themselves known. It really caused some hassles and problems at work.
-Bruiser

--------------------
-I put the chrome to your dome

Offlinebaraka
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: hyperspace
Re: Sex and Middle Management [Re: Bruiser]
    #1000123 - 10/28/02 01:32 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

I went out with a girl once from work, she was nice and all... but i didnt really like her much. I never called her after that one date and its a little akward at work. Well its not anymore, oh well fuck it.

--------------------
This is the only time I really feel alive.

OfflineBruiser
Fuel Injected Suicide Machine

Loc: Hell
Re: Sex and Middle Management [Re: baraka]
    #1000185 - 10/28/02 01:55 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

My problem was that the girl I dated was very attractive. Since my work is comprised mainly of men, many of them wanted to date her/have sex with her/ imagine her naked/ etc, etc. We didn't tell anyone, but after awhile it became obvious. Once everyone basicly knew, every guy there was either jealous and hated me or was asking stupid questions like "Does she like it in the ass? What does she look like naked? Does she like this? Does she do that?" It just really sucked because it also made me mad at these people for being like that. She eventually moved on to another job, and then we ended up breaking up. I still talk to her once n a while. It's a shame it didn't work because she was definately special. :grin: (and not hockey helmet special! :tongue:)
-Bruiser   

--------------------
-I put the chrome to your dome

Anonymous

Re: Sex and Middle Management [Re: Bruiser]
    #1001797 - 10/28/02 11:01 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

Thank you for sharing that Bruiser,
Its a shame Men can be ruthlessly inane at times - I do not fear that secenario - they are stupid, but not so much so as to talk bad abou the Boss's 'Girl' - but, since I am not that - i am putting the cart before the horse.
things are moving at a nice clip - i am sensing a chink in his armour - My charms my be working - today I fed him a certs, Via placing it on his tounge with my fingers, and then brushing his bottom lip with my thumb, he didnt pull back , and seemed to enjoy it and if that aint a good sign, I dont know what is :grin: -   

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order