Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineshroomerman
dopaminecatalyst

Loc: florida
low jar count
    #995708 - 10/26/02 09:59 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

I am averaging one jar per 12 jars to germinate at all. So it took me 36 jars to get 3 jars with micilli. 2 contamed out and I laid them to rest in poo in the yard. So out of 36 cakes I have one good casing. That sucks is this normal? I followed the teks, what could be happening. I know the spores are real because i ate some leftover micilli from the one good jar after casing, and had a nice mild trip.  :tongue:Thanks. 

--------------------
"Someone please help me stop laughing!!!"

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Anonymous

Re: low jar count [Re: shroomerman]
    #995710 - 10/26/02 10:00 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

awwww

Offlineshroomerman
dopaminecatalyst

Re: low jar count [Re: ]
    #995720 - 10/26/02 10:07 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

Look, you cops that like to eat mushrooms ought to realize you should not be going around busting people for eating and smoking things that occur in nature. Congratulations on getting that sniper, keep on focusing your efforts on shits like that, and leave trippers/smokers alone. btw how did you get a 5 shroom rating in one day? Congratulations on your decision to expand your mind with hallucinogens mr police man. Have a nice doughnut. :grin: 

--------------------

Invisibledog
straw dog

Loc: Route 66
    #995731 - 10/26/02 10:15 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

No, one successful jar out of twelve is not normal at all. How did you obtain your spores? Which tek are you using? How are you incubating? Give us details man!

--------------------

Fascism (fash'izem) n. A governmental system marked by a centralized dictatorship, stringent socioeconomic controls, and often belligerent nationalism. see also: the Bush Administration.

OfflineNorthernsoul
Your Reality

Loc: Inner Eye
    #995748 - 10/26/02 10:25 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

Yeah, here some open ended questions

1) Where did you get your spores?
2) How did you incoculate your jars?
3) What temputure were they kept at during incubation?
3) Were there holes in the lids for gas exchange?
4) What sort of substrate did you use? BRF? GRAIN?

--------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------

When it comes
I'll know, I know
Just take my clothes and leave
And I'll be gone

Offlineshroomerman
dopaminecatalyst

Re: low jar count [Re: dog]
    #995758 - 10/26/02 10:30 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

ok... I got the spores from a dude on here who turned out to live near me. He said they are fresh. i am using pressure cooker sterilization, 20 min on 15 psi. Verm / brown rice flour. I made my own syringes from the prints using the shotglass in microwave oven method. I used about a 1/2 inch square of the print so there should have been an abundance of spores. I let the water cool completely b4 adding spores. I let the jars cool completely b4 innoculating. I have the jars in 85 degree garage easy to maintain temp in florida.  The temp has never gone above 90 nor below 80. Seems like the only jars to contaminate are the ones germinating. most jars have nothing at all in them. The one good jar so far I cased. When I cased there were a few pieces of micilli left in the jar. I let them remain and in 3 days got all fuzzy. I ate that and tripped surprisingly well for a few little fuzzballs.
Could I be overcooking the jars in the canner? Or maybe the spores are old after all and weak?  :confused: I hope I can figgure this out. Thanks. 

--------------------

Offlineshroomerman
dopaminecatalyst

#995761 - 10/26/02 10:32 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

and yes i have 2 holes in each lid.

--------------------

Invisibledog
straw dog

#995767 - 10/26/02 10:36 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

Everything sounds pretty good. The jars that do not grow, is there a funky smell to them? If you open the lid a little bit and take a sniff do they smell something like sour beer?

--------------------

Fascism (fash'izem) n. A governmental system marked by a centralized dictatorship, stringent socioeconomic controls, and often belligerent nationalism. see also: the Bush Administration.

OfflineNorthernsoul
Your Reality

#995777 - 10/26/02 10:43 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

Yeah, check one jar by smelling it.

If it smells, throw the jars away, or clean them out and use them again later.
If it doesnt smell, then save the jars, and use them for your next batch

A few other things. Next time maybe pressure cook the jars for a whole hour. I think you might have made a mistake when you were making the syringes, because thats pretty touchy, the rest with the incubation etc etc was done fine. Maybe buy a couple syringes next time.

--------------------

When it comes
I'll know, I know
And I'll be gone

Offlineshroomerman
dopaminecatalyst

#995780 - 10/26/02 10:47 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

HELL YA! Smells sour all right. Sort of like weak vinegar. Ok thanks man, so how did I fuck up? And how can I prevent it from happening in the future please? Thanks

--------------------

Invisibledog
straw dog

#995788 - 10/26/02 10:52 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

That my friend is a bacterial contamination. It's hard to say where it came from. You could try increasing your PC time, or perhaps buy a different brand of rice flour. When I first started growing I was plagued by contams of this sort and I traced it back to the flour I was using. I changed brands and have been fine ever  since. Good luck.  :smile: 

--------------------

Offlineshroomerman
dopaminecatalyst

#995795 - 10/26/02 10:56 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

ok i'm using arrowhead brand or whatever BRF, what kind do you use? Also, how long and at what pressure can i cook at without the carmelizing thing happening. I can choose 5 10 or 15 psi. Thanks, you the MAN!!! :grin:   

--------------------

OfflineNorthernsoul
Your Reality

#995806 - 10/26/02 11:02 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

Well, first of all you can PC it longer. 1hr at 15psi is standard.
You said that you stored them in a garage? Is that garage clean? Make sure it is in a tight clean container away from the sun at all times.
Review your sterilisation teks/cross contamination etc..
About the flour....I'd buy the organic whole grain rice unground, (Bulk at most grocery stores) then grind it yourself. The stuff you buy already ground might be old and stale, maybe even rancid. After you grind it up in a blender or whatever and have some left, store it in the freezer in a tight ziplockk bag for future use.....

Better luck next time, dont give up!

--------------------

When it comes
I'll know, I know
And I'll be gone

Invisibledog
straw dog

#995813 - 10/26/02 11:07 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

I'm using the Now brand brown rice flour from my friendly neighborhood health food store. 40 minutes at 15 PSI should kill just about everything.

--------------------

Offlineshroomerman
dopaminecatalyst

#995821 - 10/26/02 11:11 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

thanks everyone, you have saved me much future grief, expect your trips to be intense because of your good will. :cool: 

--------------------

Offlinef8L
Triumph

#995967 - 10/27/02 12:28 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

Step #1) Go to www.thelittleguy.com and buy the dark days package *good deal*
Step #2) Sterilize for 1 hour at 15spi
Step #3) Innoculate

The problem I feel you are having is going through the hastle of buying prints off a shady character and having to make the syringes yourself. I am confident that's your problem.

OfflineLSAuser
Full figuredwomen rule!
Loc: Florida
Re: low jar count [Re: f8L]
    #996304 - 10/27/02 06:00 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

only 3 of my 4 jars had growth. Maybe you didnt inject enough spores or the spores were old. when you ate the mycellum, did you eat some of the verm too? try PCing for an hour like I did. no contams that way. also buy a professional syringe, it should be more sterile.

Offlinebigslick
science fictionwriter

Loc: just behind you
    #996372 - 10/27/02 07:48 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

You ate vermiculite...most people would recommend against it

Vendor syringes are more reliable than prints and syringes made by non professionals

When pc'ing the time starts from when the rocker starts rocking or the gauge reads 15 psi

normal contam rates are like 10% or less before 100% colonization

use a tek where you have a dry vermiculite layer above the brown rice vermiculite mix (pf-tek, mmgg)

--------------------

Everything I write is a total work of fiction

Offlineshroomerman
dopaminecatalyst

Re: low jar count [Re: bigslick]
    #996468 - 10/27/02 09:22 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

LOL :grin: have you ever been camping? When I was in the boy scouts we used to drop food a lot.We would wipe off the little pieces of dirt and sand and whatnot and we never could get it all. :grin: The debris that remained was called "trail pepper". Those little pieces of vermiculite I gleefully ate with the mycilli are gonna enjoy thier little journey through my guts and pass harmlessly out my asshole. :grin: :grin: :grin: I mean golly gosh, i ate maybe some vermiculite the size of an ash from a cigarette if you would pile it all up. :grin: You guys are getting to official on me  :ooo: :smile: :laugh: :grin:. I was talking in another post about consuming a casing tray. Well I'm not gonna do THAT, but if I see any contams I'm gonna chew the other half of the tray away from the contam like chewing tobacco, and just swallow the juice.

But back on topic, I'm gonna do the 1 hour sterilizing and re-do my jars within a couple days. My one casing tray is ok and in the wet perlite terrarium after a night in the fridge. I already am adding the dry verm on the top of the jars. Rice flour is cheap, and I have plenty of verm lying around, I buy it by the cubic yard. So, I'm gonna use the rest of the spores I have, and then order a shitwheel of syringes from thelittleguy when I get ahead on bills in a couple weeks. That way whatever jars poop out by then, I'll have the syringes to use on them. I'm gonna re-use jars with new lids, but I'm gonna pressure cook the jars for an hour empty as a preliminary sterilization b4 I even put in the substrate and sterilize again.

You all have been MOST helpful, and I hope you don't mind the teasing about the vermiculite eating, but really, it was just a smidgen, what harm could it possibly do, it's like eating the paper that LSD comes on. Who recommends spitting out the paper when dosing on a blotto? ROFL!!! See why I think it's funny?

THANK YOU ALL when I get a bumper crop I'll have a shroom party and yer invited. :cool: Peace... 

--------------------

Invisiblevildechayea
shodan

#996609 - 10/27/02 10:57 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

I had the same problem, and whiffed my jars -- to my surprise, they smelled like, well, pussy. Couldn't figure it out. Had I been playing around w/ my gf's cous-cous, and then comtam'd the jars while preparing?

A couple of days later, I started seeing like stringy fibers coming out around the cake. But they were black and shiny and curly, not white. Pretty soon, a long cleft began appearing, with a weird knot near the top. I opened the jar again, and was nearly overpowered by the aroma. I touched it with my fingertip (after dipping in peroxide), and condensation appeared around the cleft area.

It seems to thrive in a relatively high-humidity environment (needs to be aired out frequently), and in a substrate consisting of ground up shellfish, movie tickets, and diamond powder.

Three days ago, I birthed the wuss-cake.

Yesterday, I dumped my gf.

I hope to post pics soon.

Is this wrong?

v

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules