Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Hunting and Identification

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Not Now, RightNow

Loc: My own Space, OR
A Happy Ending
    #995782 - 10/27/02 12:48 AM (14 years, 23 hours ago)

Ok, so this is my first post on this or any forum, chatroom or the like, but this website has some real informative posts and some serious mushroom hunters and these are my kind of people!

So my friend told me the story of his 2 day trip to Astoria Oct.23 & 24 searching for his first Azures, he has 12 years experience picking choice edibles and has picked Cubensis & Pans in Palenque some years back, so he considers himself somewhat experienced in mushroom hunting. He had spent many hours researching all the posts related to Azures he could find and felt he had a firm grasp on where to look and what to look for. There is a significant amount of info on the little buggers if you dig deep, he has many thanks to all who post their hard earned and valuble info.
He arrived after leaving home at 7 am around 10:30 and headed straight to downtown Astoria to look around the shoreline. 2 hours later he had found very few shrooms and no Azures so he heads out to Warrenton and checks out some deep grassy area near the shore, bam! he finds 2 liberty caps tucked deep into the grass, a big one and a small one. This brought a smile to his face but he knew it wasn't even close to a dose and it seemed to be the wrong area for Az's so he scours for more lib's but there are no more to be found. 2 PM he heads to Hammond and finds a nice trail down the shore that borders a small forest, very prime habitat he thinks but he finds nothing and now doubts his ability to pick out Azure habitat. He heeds Joshua's advice about Ft. Stevens and checks the maritime dune grass off of the lettered roads but finds nothing there, but there are hundreds of boletes and a few Amanita Muscaria just into the surf pine zone. The light is now fading and my friend only planned on a one day trip so in desperation he hits LBMCD's for a filet and maybe some lucky urban shrooms, no luck! He decides to rent a room and try again the next day, he is self-employed and can do that lucky bastard!

The next day he checks Seaside, garibaldi and every place in between, nothing. So he heads to Washington and checks a few places where he can pull off, nothing. Now desperate he decides to look for lib's and finds a nice field for sale and vacant, he finds pan subbs and 10 more lib's, he decides to find another spot. Finding a nice road to park on he searches an occupied cowfield combing the treelines and shady spots, nothing so he heads off. 20 minutes later he realizes he lost his smokes back in that last field so he heads backs to look. Precisely where he jumped the fence he leaned over to look for the smokes and there were 2 Libs looking at him. So he checked the field again and found over 200 liberty caps of all sizes, he had previously walked about 10 feet from where they started . He never did find my smokes, they were not there, but if he hadn't gone back to look he would have never seen those libs. True destiny can't be denied!

Then today at his favorite park to hunt he found his first Cyans, there were about 50 with many little pins for the future. This has been a great week, even with no rain he found many doses of magic!

As for the Azures he is going back 3 or 4 more times in November and may seek a hunting partner who can show him the proper habitat. He is sure he would find them on his own but wants a guaranteed success next trip, he will show you the liberty pasture, which will be booming when it rains in exchange for an Azure spot. Those liberty caps were VERY strong compared to Cubensis, he was suprised that a 2 gram dose was sufficient to get him off.

Thanks for listening to my buddies story! I will be posting pics after I post a few more posts, just not ready yet

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Dopeless Hopefiend
Male User Gallery
Re: A Happy Ending [Re: hawkeye]
    #995859 - 10/27/02 01:30 AM (14 years, 22 hours ago)

right on man i know where the azures are if ya any close to vancouver washington and need a hunting partener im always down to go :laugh:

This place is gayer than when the balls touch

Loc: the mycological center of...
Re: A Happy Ending [Re: hawkeye]
    #999981 - 10/28/02 02:39 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

sounds familiar, except for the lib finds.
my three trips this year have been seriously and disappointingly unfruitful.
i have actually seen some of the fruits of this years labors from others, but none of my own.
the research your friend did seems thorough enough.  both of those jettys produce.  it's just an excruciatingly thin year.  wait forr the rains to really start.  you went to the right places.  the few finds this year have been in somewhat atypical habitat.
good luck, thanks for the story...
peace :smile: 

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Hunting and Identification