Home | Community | Message Board

MRCA Tyroler Gluckspilze
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Invisibleluvdemshrooms
Two inch dick..but it spins!?
 User Gallery

Loc: Lost In Space
Re: Gore Vidal claims 'Bush junta' complicit in 9/11 [Re: Xlea321]
    #1000499 - 10/28/02 06:01 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

In reply to:

It's usually just a term far right-wingers use to undermine arguments that don't correspond to their closed minded belief system.

So when Hillary claimed that there was a vast "right wing" conspiracy to "get" Bubba, she was a right winger?

Here's how that sentence should read...
It's usually just a term far left-wingers use to undermine arguments that don't correspond to their closed minded belief system.

It's best to take each issue in it's own terms and consider it with an open mind. This is how we make intellectual progress. To dismiss everything that doesn't coincide with a far left-wing belief system as "conspiracy theory" is simple intellectual cowardice.

--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

Extras: Filter Print Post Remind Me! Notify Moderator Top
Offlinehongomon
old hand
Loc: comin' at ya
Re: Gore Vidal claims 'Bush junta' complicit in 9/11 [Re: luvdemshrooms]
    #1001823 - 10/29/02 01:05 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

No, luv.  Alex didn't say that "conspiracy" was a term used by right-wingers, he said that "conspiracy theory" was.

Considering the huge political success the events of the past year have brought the Bush administration, power-mongers would be crazy not to play with such sinister thoughts.  And if their power can be justified through their ideology, then what's stopping it?

The healthy skepticism of the ever-vigilant American public?  :blush: 

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
Two inch dick..but it spins!?
 User Gallery

Loc: Lost In Space
Re: Gore Vidal claims 'Bush junta' complicit in 9/11 [Re: hongomon]
    #1002477 - 10/29/02 05:51 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Hillary claiming there was a vast right wing conspiracy to get Bubba was a theory.

--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

Offlinehongomon
old hand
Loc: comin' at ya
Re: Gore Vidal claims 'Bush junta' complicit in 9/11 [Re: luvdemshrooms]
    #1002506 - 10/29/02 06:49 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

No one is doubting that when one speculates regarding a possible conspiracy, one theorizes.

As I understand Alex's point, it is that the term "conspiracy theory," not the theorizing about a conspiracy, has been turned into rhetorical tool, to dismiss in general any propositions that conflict with the official story.

InvisibleXlea321
Stranger
Re: Gore Vidal claims 'Bush junta' complicit in 9/11 [Re: hongomon]
    #1002859 - 10/29/02 11:54 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Well said Hongo.

--------------------
Don't worry, B. Caapi

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]