Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Hunting and Identification

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale

Jump to first unread post. Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Invisiblepsiclops
# 1
 User Gallery

Loc: PNW
Re: Psilocybe stuntzii from the Bay Area (Fremont, CA.) [Re: tahoe]
    #6631542 - 03/03/07 03:55 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Nice ringers Tahoe.

Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisibletahoe
Noob Slayer
Male

Loc: N38.93829W119.98108
Re: Psilocybe stuntzii from the Bay Area (Fremont, CA.) [Re: psiclops]
    #6632204 - 03/03/07 08:16 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

these were from last year. They came back strong again this year but they arent worth the pickings. Nothing like have a 1/4 p of stunzis lying around that wont do anything to anybody. Just weak. I cant even give them away

--------------------
Stop experimenting half way through your first grow. Grow it to maturity, watch it, learn from it. Do this a few times then experiment with different ideas and figure out what works best for you.

Teh=The

I need to proofread

InvisibleCureCat
Strangest
 User Gallery

Loc: clawing your furniture
Trusted Identifier
Re: Psilocybe stuntzii from the Bay Area (Fremont, CA.) [Re: tahoe]
    #6632563 - 03/03/07 10:52 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Yeah, I can't get anybody to try Pan. subbs either.  :lol:

--------------------

Invisiblepsiclops
# 1
 User Gallery

Loc: PNW
Re: Psilocybe stuntzii from the Bay Area (Fremont, CA.) [Re: CureCat]
    #6690493 - 03/20/07 05:15 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

I think the lawn specimens in Baycafes later post sure look alot like Galerina, are we all sure those even have a purple spore print?

Can you guess which one is P. cyanescens and which is G. autumnalus?

NEITHER! They are both poisonous G. autumnalus!

Not to second guess anyone's skills, but regardless of what I've heard, there are definitly findings of Galerina which look awfully close to Cyanescens/Stunzii, although photos don't always do justice to the clash of the two species' (cyanescens vs. G. autumnalus/marginata), and the cinnomon brown which I see in that picture sure could be more purple in reality and the caps might be more tough and rubbery than they appear.

So, I just want to know if those particular mushrooms were picked/printed/eaten?

Sorry if this post has totally upset anyone.

Invisiblebaycafe
Urawa RedDiamonds
 User Gallery

Loc: 埼玉県&...
Re: Psilocybe stuntzii from the Bay Area (Fremont, CA.) [Re: psiclops]
    #9932116 - 03/08/09 04:55 AM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Hey Psiclops,

No worries on questioning the finds especially when dealing with these little bastards. I can tell you that they are spring agarics and they are absolutely taking over my neighborhood here in the south east bay (Fremont). Of course I didn't eat them but I did stumble upon a small patch this afternoon in the common area of my townhouse while fetching some mail and the week prior a large patch in an adjacent common area. Both are grassy terrain and receive a fair bit of sun though the lawn is a little longer than normal. Upon seeing the patch today the first though was wow, that looks like a minature cyanscens though I knew it was not. I was a bit curious myself so I grabbed two specimens, one of which was discarded.

Cap: 2-3cm, margin striate when moist, pointed umbo, older specimens with a very slight wave but not always. Separable pellicule when moist. No noted bruising. Color was tan with the margin a chestnut color. Similar to the following color pattern with the exception of the umbo being all tan.

(Reference for color appearance only)

Gills: Attached, brown slightly mottled with a hint of purple.

Stipe: Solid, brown, somewhat fragile, fiberous, veil not noticed.

Spores: purple-brown

Here are the pics of the one specimen today and I'll get some more pics in the morning of some of its asexual brother-sisters. As a note, I would like to change the title to stop speculation that they are indeed stuntzii. I am certain that they are psilocybe but I am not able to say definitively they are stuntzii nor do I plan to consume or distribute these.

--------------------
I think my eyes are getting better. Instead of a big dark blur I see a big light blur.

俺のシロシャイビケッルリプスがここです。

東京スカパラダイスオクストラ

Invisiblebaycafe
Urawa RedDiamonds
 User Gallery

Loc: 埼玉県&...
Re: Psilocybe stuntzii from the Bay Area (Fremont, CA.) [Re: baycafe]
    #9933040 - 03/08/09 01:46 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Here are some more pictures from this morning. The specimens are a little worse for wear and other were trampled. There is a faint hint of that psilocybin aroma with these mushrooms but again no bruising is evidenced. There are veil remnants on most of them. Nothing pronounced however.

--------------------
I think my eyes are getting better. Instead of a big dark blur I see a big light blur.

俺のシロシャイビケッルリプスがここです。

東京スカパラダイスオクストラ

Jump to top. Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Hunting and Identification