Home | Community | Message Board

NorthSpore.com BOOMR Bag!
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineNoteworthy
Sophyphile
 User Gallery

'When you get the message, hang up the phone'
    #9931571 - 03/07/09 11:40 PM (15 years, 24 days ago)

I have issues with this phrase

because lately I dont think life is about finding the answer
but being the answer

And people who think there is some 'mental code' that will assimilate all the meaning in their lives are looking vainly for a means to be able to comfort their doubtful 'ego construct'

I think taking these drugs is a means of having experiences which we are normally blocked off to for survival reasons. There is no survival advantage to being able to whitness the truth
humans are mostly motivated by lying to themselves (convincing themselves of something that they have never had reason to actually think, eg that having a career and money and a 'normal life' will make someone happy, or that there is an afterlife where our actions in this world will pay off to their fullest and most Just extent)

I cant see myself stop tripping until its merely boring or uncomfortable. When I hear people talk about how they want one great experience to hold with them for life, or that they learned what they needed and are now done with drugs, I think they are kidding themselves. There is always more to learn, and if you were trully using the drugs to learn, then something seems conflicting here. Seems to be a matter of

'when you hear what you want to hear, hang up the phone'

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinepfxtc
RUEXP?
 User Gallery

Loc: Flag
Re: 'When you get the message, hang up the phone' [Re: Noteworthy]
    #9931586 - 03/07/09 11:42 PM (15 years, 24 days ago)

I gave up on all that stuff,

Who are we to decide how a person should interpret their experiences?

I just take each trip for what it's worth.

I myself am at the uncomfortable stage unfortunately.

--------------------

koods said:
Young male going by the name "Bassfreak" entered Worcester General complaining of a sharp pain in his buttock region after attending EDM event. Attending physician considered a possible diagnosis of acute rave anus, but upon further investigation it was determined there was nothing cute about patient's anus.

Life-long trip report

Edited by pfxtc (03/07/09 11:42 PM)

OfflineJustice_Fish
Fustice_Jish
Male

Loc: CebèuQ
    #9931624 - 03/07/09 11:48 PM (15 years, 24 days ago)

:apestheclown:

OfflineNoteworthy
Sophyphile
 User Gallery

Re: 'When you get the message, hang up the phone' [Re: Justice_Fish]
    #9931649 - 03/07/09 11:53 PM (15 years, 24 days ago)

Oh id like to point out that Im not claiming that the right thing to do is to just keep taking drugs forever

I just think that to stop and say no im not going to do it again.. to quit.. i think quitters have some 'splainin to do

--------------------

Offlineyageman
already dead
 User Gallery

Re: 'When you get the message, hang up the phone' [Re: pfxtc]
    #9931679 - 03/08/09 12:01 AM (15 years, 24 days ago)

The op has just twisted my mind into a place where I dont think I like him anymore.

Nothing bothers me more than oversimplification.

And here is a guy who is oversimplifying the people who over simplify the psychedelic experience(and more).

Its just so mindblowing to me how fucking stupid that post was.

I shouldnt even be here talking to you people, so go ahead and wonder "well what makes you so special ya asshole"!

"Shit or get off the pot" seems more applicable.

When you dont feel like you need to shit anymore, you get off the fucking pot.

"Shit", meaning whatever you want psychedelics to be, or what you have learned about how psychedelics effect you and how you want to use them.

You never stop learning, so dont get me wrong, but......God damn it.

Keep on shitting yalls!

The last thing that stopped my use of psychedelics was because I thought I had learned all I could learn and got bored.
It only gets better for me, and thats why I stopped using them.
Seems like quite the paradox ay?
You have no idea.

Fuck all that anecdotal bullshit.

--------------------
[quote]Me_Roy said:
You moron. Material is material is material.  No 'thing' fixes any situation.  If anything were so simple we would be living in a much better world.[/quote] <-----the dumbest thing I have ever read in my life.
Thanks shroomery.

OfflineInnoculus
 User Gallery

Loc: 0.0.0.1
    #9931733 - 03/08/09 12:12 AM (15 years, 24 days ago)

... Agreed.  I couldn't really manage to get anything more than that out.

Offlineyageman
already dead
 User Gallery

Re: 'When you get the message, hang up the phone' [Re: yageman]
    #9931745 - 03/08/09 12:16 AM (15 years, 24 days ago)

"i think quitters have some 'splainin to do"

On a message board?
I hope you dont mean that, although I think I gave some "splainin".

Because you had some half assed thought process and vomited it all over the shroomery?

Do you realize that some of the really tripped out motherfuckers at this site see your message like code?
Very real...........

A very real code made by you that we read and see all sorts of problems with the little tiny bits of reality found in said post, and how they interact with the reality that we all live in.

There is more bullshit than truth in that post.
There is more of your thought than truth in your post.

Its hardly a grouping of messy thoughts worth reading.

Its so poorly worded, presumptuous, and so full of crap, but I know you have good intentions which sucks for me.
So I feel like an asshole for saying this.

--------------------
[quote]Me_Roy said:
You moron. Material is material is material.  No 'thing' fixes any situation.  If anything were so simple we would be living in a much better world.[/quote] <-----the dumbest thing I have ever read in my life.
Thanks shroomery.

OfflineInnoculus
 User Gallery

Re: 'When you get the message, hang up the phone' [Re: Innoculus]
    #9931778 - 03/08/09 12:23 AM (15 years, 24 days ago)

Yageman.. I seriously... have no idea where I stand with you.
You are a weird motherfucker, I'll give you that.  You've certainly said some shit that made me laugh plenty of times, and brought a smirk to my face a handful more.
You're also a douchebag.  Everyone here is, in their own right.  I guess you're not exactly the worst kind.  Ah well.. I'm not sure where I'm going with this.  I'm coming up. :rocket:

you guys... have a good night. =]

Offlinepfxtc
RUEXP?
 User Gallery

Loc: Flag
    #9931783 - 03/08/09 12:24 AM (15 years, 24 days ago)

Quote:

Innoculus said:
You are a weird motherfucker, I'll give you that.  You've certainly said some shit that made me laugh plenty of times, and brought a smirk to my face a handful more.
You're also a douchebag.  Everyone here is, in their own right.  I guess you're not exactly the worst kind.  Ah well.. I'm not sure where I'm going with this.  I'm coming up. :rocket:

yagemans my bestest bud

and im pretty sure i'm on his ignore list.

--------------------

koods said:
Young male going by the name "Bassfreak" entered Worcester General complaining of a sharp pain in his buttock region after attending EDM event. Attending physician considered a possible diagnosis of acute rave anus, but upon further investigation it was determined there was nothing cute about patient's anus.

Life-long trip report

OfflineInnoculus
 User Gallery

#9931804 - 03/08/09 12:30 AM (15 years, 24 days ago)

Yeah... He cracks me the fuck up in almost every thread.  He just like.. pops in and he's like "What the fuck is this?  This shit is ridiculous.  You're an idiot, Go away."

Offlineyageman
already dead
 User Gallery

#9931822 - 03/08/09 12:36 AM (15 years, 24 days ago)

Quote:

pfxtc said:
Quote:

Innoculus said:

yagemans my bestest bud

and im pretty sure i'm on his ignore list.

Now why would you be on my ignore list?
Do I have an active ignore list?

And Innoculus, I may seem like an asshole but there are threads of truth that connect all my words.
Thats why I complain about posts like this.

I AM a weird guy, kind of like how you are not that bright.

Sorry for cussing.  That probably makes my funny but true posts harder to swallow.

--------------------
[quote]Me_Roy said:
Thanks shroomery.

OfflineInnoculus
 User Gallery

#9931832 - 03/08/09 12:39 AM (15 years, 24 days ago)

What gives you the idea that I'm not very bright?  I don't come out and say what I mean a lot on these forums because people are idiots and shoot it down.  Which, if I recall, is the same logic you've used in the past.  I just throw something out there that makes me giggle now and then, and hang around to see all the ridiculous shit that gets posted here.  I've contributed plenty, though, I think.

I wasn't aware that you thought little of me.

Offlineyageman
already dead
 User Gallery

#9931834 - 03/08/09 12:40 AM (15 years, 24 days ago)

Quote:

Innoculus said:
Yeah... He cracks me the fuck up in almost every thread.  He just like.. pops in and he's like "What the fuck is this?  This shit is ridiculous.  You're an idiot, Go away."

That was pretty funny.
I mean that in a good way.

I do do that.

Its all in good fun..........

--------------------
[quote]Me_Roy said:
Thanks shroomery.

OfflineInnoculus
 User Gallery

#9931843 - 03/08/09 12:41 AM (15 years, 24 days ago)

Well fuck yeah, dude.  We're dealing with mostly dumb ass teenagers.  It's fun to get that shit out now and then.

Offlineyageman
already dead
 User Gallery

#9931886 - 03/08/09 12:53 AM (15 years, 24 days ago)

I have not hung up the phone.

I also think your posts are often funny.

I am just wondering what op has to say about my assholishness.

The truth hurts a little bit sometimes, and im always sorry when I feel like dishing it out even just a little bit.

Its kind of like saying, "you dont know what the hell you are talking about" but atleast trying to make it funny at the same time.

Its all about entertainment.

Dont mind me.

--------------------
[quote]Me_Roy said:
Thanks shroomery.

OfflineInnoculus
 User Gallery

#9931889 - 03/08/09 12:53 AM (15 years, 24 days ago)

Nah it's all good.  This board keeps me entertained a LOT of the time.

OfflineJustice_Fish
Fustice_Jish
Male

Loc: CebèuQ
    #9931985 - 03/08/09 01:18 AM (15 years, 24 days ago)

:seriousbusiness:

Offlineyageman
already dead
 User Gallery

Re: 'When you get the message, hang up the phone' [Re: Justice_Fish]
    #9932139 - 03/08/09 03:06 AM (15 years, 24 days ago)

Quote:

Justice_Fish said:
:seriousbusiness:

Fuck ya dude.

--------------------
[quote]Me_Roy said:
Thanks shroomery.

InvisibleLand_Crab
NeuroticPsychonaut
Male User Gallery

Loc: U.S.
    #9932142 - 03/08/09 03:07 AM (15 years, 24 days ago)

As mortal, sentient beings, our primal impulses (including the instinct of self-preservation) drive us out of necessity to assign meaning to things.  Our sensory apparatus consolidates external energy into a form of internal energy which courses its way through the brain and becomes accessible to the mind.  External stimuli becomes experience, and experience is screened into something we can interpret and understand--typically through language.  (Language is a can of worms in and of itself.)
No human is entirely comfortable with ambiguity, though some are less tolerant of it than others.  Intolerance of ambiguity is a binding force between the seemingly irreconcilable belief systems of religion (particularly theistic religion) and science in that both provide answers to most of the same questions.  These two outlooks we gravitate towards (compulsion to disambiguation vs. acceptance of ambiguity) are not value judgements, nor are they mutually exclusive.  Rather, they're complementary.  An example of this is a good friend of mine who doesn't care for abstractions -- specifically, abstract art.  He can't really appreciate or enjoy something he doesn't understand.  I love abstractions and abstract art, and this difference between us makes for some interesting conversations.
Many things are simply beyond universal explanation or understanding but that shouldn't serve to devalue the unique meaning we all forge in our different ways.  It's when people delude themselves into believing they possess a special insight into absolute truth that they begin to exclude disagreement as a deficiency of the other, which is something we're all susceptible to and should fight unless the disagreement is over simple facts.

Edited by Land_Crab (03/08/09 03:14 AM)

Offlineyageman
already dead
 User Gallery

Re: 'When you get the message, hang up the phone' [Re: Land_Crab]
    #9932178 - 03/08/09 03:26 AM (15 years, 24 days ago)

Quote:

Land_Crab said:
As mortal, sentient beings, our primal impulses (including the instinct of self-preservation) drive us out of necessity to assign meaning to things.  Our sensory apparatus consolidates external energy into a form of internal energy which courses its way through the brain and becomes accessible to the mind.  External stimuli becomes experience, and experience is screened into something we can interpret and understand--typically through language.
No human is entirely comfortable with ambiguity, though some are less tolerant of it than others.  Intolerance of ambiguity is a binding force between the seemingly irreconcilable belief systems of religion (particularly theistic religion) and science in that both provide answers to most of the same questions.  These two outlooks we gravitate towards (compulsion to disambiguation vs. acceptance of ambiguity) are not value judgements, nor are they mutually exclusive.  Rather, they're complementary.  An example of this is a good friend of mine who doesn't care for abstractions -- specifically, abstract art.  He can't really appreciate or enjoy something he doesn't understand.  I love abstractions and abstract art, and this difference between us makes for some interesting conversations.
Many things are simply beyond universal explanation or understanding but that shouldn't serve to devalue the unique meaning we all forge in our different ways.  It's when people delude themselves into believing they possess a special insight into absolute truth that they begin to exclude disagreement as a deficiency of the other, which is something we're all susceptible to.

I dont possess any special insight really.

When a paragraph worth of thought has a lot of bullshit within, people will always do their best to fuck with that persons ideas.

It will always be this way.

I get what you are saying.

If I see bullshit though, I try to subtract that crap from that grand goal.
To find the truth.

Im not only talking about religion, or science.
Just the basic logic shit.

Intersting post by the way.
Hope it was not directed at me because that has nothing to do with what I was saying.

"It's when people delude themselves into believing they possess a special insight into absolute truth that they begin to exclude disagreement as a deficiency of the other, which is something we're all susceptible to".

Its evolution baby.
Its pretty harsh.

I dont go out on a limb to fuck with you because I think you made a really astute observation.

I think there is some really grade A crap in that post aswell as the op's post.

--------------------
[quote]Me_Roy said:
Thanks shroomery.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order